PDA

View Full Version : It's people like this.......

garciap77
05-11-2009, 08:26 AM
that should not have guns!

Charges in off-road shooting could be upgraded
Associated Press
HOUSTON — Authorities in Liberty County were expected to meet today to decide whether to upgrade the charges against a husband and wife following the death of one of four people shot while off-roading near their home.
Liberty County Sheriff’s Cpl. Hugh Bishop on Sunday told The Associated Press that investigators will meet with District Attorney Mike Little to dis_cuss whether to change the aggravated assault charge Gale and Sheila Muhs are being held on because of the death of 7-year-old Donald Coffey Jr.
The boy died Saturday morning at a Houston hospital, less than two days after he was shot along with his father, his 5-year-old sister and a family friend while off-roading near the Muh_ses’ home. The group was off-roading about 40 miles northeast of Houston late Thursday when they were blasted by shotgun pellets after stopping their vehicles so the children could go to the bathroom.
The condition of Patrick Cammack, 30, who underwent surgery after being shot in the head, was upgraded from serious to good Sunday, according to a spokeswoman for the Memorial Her_mann- Texas Medical Center. Donald Coffey Sr. — who had a pellet wound in his right shoulder and his daugh-t_er, Destiny, were treated and released. Destiny was hit in the elbow.
The Muhses, both 45, remained in the Liberty County Jail Sunday. Bond has been set at $25,000 for each. There is no record of an attorney for the cou_ple, a jail spokeswoman said.
Cammack’s wife, Cindy Nelton, told the Houston Chronicle that the shoot_ing occurred over two or three minutes in “pitch darkness.” It was not immedi_ately clear if the off-roaders were ever on the Muhses’ property.
Nelton said she was driving one of two vehicles at the scene when she heard a woman’s voice deliver an expletive_laden order to get off the property.
“And then I heard a shot and our win_dows were blown out,” she said.
Nelton said she stepped on the gas and screamed, “We’ve got kids in this vehicle! Y’all need to stop shooting!”
The suspects live in a small house on stilts with a rebel flag flying from the roof.
A sign posted out front reads: “Tres_passers will be shot. Survivers (sic) will be reshot!! Smile I will.”

pancho villa
05-11-2009, 08:51 AM
They are nuts

Farmersfan
05-11-2009, 08:58 AM
I don't think we have heard the whole story. It seems VERY UNLIKELY this family was out offroading at night. And what is the likelyhood that the shooter would have simply shot them for driving past???? Stopped to use the bathroom? Right at the house? In Pitch Black? I don't buy it! This family was out on a nice family offroad expedition in the middle of the night in pitch black conditions? On a school night? With the Kids? Not a very believeable story. I think they got caught and they got shot!!!!!!! But I tend to be a pessimistic person anyway.

garciap77
05-11-2009, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I don't think we have heard the whole story. It seems VERY UNLIKELY this family was out offroading at night. And what is the likelyhood that the shooter would have simply shot them for driving past???? Stopped to use the bathroom? Right at the house? In Pitch Black? I don't buy it! This family was out on a nice family offroad expedition in the middle of the night in pitch black conditions? On a school night? With the Kids? Not a very believeable story. I think they got caught and they got shot!!!!!!! But I tend to be a pessimistic person anyway.

Maybe they where on their way home?:thinking:

garciap77
05-11-2009, 01:23 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Image_14.jpg

HOUSTON CHRONICLE PHOTO BY MAYRA BELTRAN
A sign is seen on the front yard at the home of Sheila and Gayle Muhs on Friday in Liberty County. The married couple remained jailed Friday on aggravated assault charges alleging they fired a shotgun at four people — including a 7-year-old boy and a 5-year-old girl — whom they mistakenly thought were trespassing on their property.

The 7-year-old boy died Saturday morning at a Houston hospital!

Ranger Mom
05-11-2009, 01:44 PM

Did you read something I didn't. I read late Thursday evening....but not "middle of the night". How do you know it was a school night for those kids?? I think Greenwood was out on Friday for some reason.

The shooters are 2 scary looking individuals!!

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/ap/df1da5ff-2b28-4586-9dfd-2db290c11fd8.hmedium.jpg

Ranger Mom
05-11-2009, 01:45 PM
But I tend to be a pessimistic person anyway.

NO!!! Say it isn't so!!

The shooting occurred around 9 p.m. Thursday when the Coffeys, travelling in their SUV, and Cammack, who was driving a jeep, stopped in the road fronting the home of Sheila and Gayle Muhs in the 2400 block of Beaumont Avenue in the Westlake subdivision so one of the kids could use a roadside bathroom, according to the Liberty County Sheriff's office.

Link (http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7015085906)

Farmersfan
05-11-2009, 02:02 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ranger Mom
[B]NO!!! Say it isn't so!!

It isn't so!!!!!

But it appears to me YOU are being more pessimistic than I ever was!! What does it matter how these people look. Prejudice against ugly people too??????

Ranger Mom
05-11-2009, 02:14 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ranger Mom
[B]NO!!! Say it isn't so!!

It isn't so!!!!!

But it appears to me YOU are being more pessimistic than I ever was!! What does it matter how these people look. Prejudice against ugly people too??????

I said nothing about them being ugly....they look hard, coldhearted, scary....and crazy.....IMO!!

How is that being pessimistic??

You are an argumentative little fella, aren't ya?

waterboy
05-11-2009, 02:23 PM
I think these people may have overreacted just a tad! Don't know why they shot those people, but it appears they may have overreacted just a bit.:eek:

Bullaholic
05-11-2009, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I said nothing about them being ugly....they look hard, coldhearted, scary....and crazy.....IMO!!

How do you edit your posts without it showing that you have edited?

Ranger Mom
05-11-2009, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
How do you edit your posts without it showing that you have edited?

One of the perks of being a mod, I guess!!

pirate4state
05-11-2009, 02:28 PM

Yeah, he told us awhile back he likes to argue!

Very sad story. They look like meth addicts. Yep, I went there....and???

Ranger Mom
05-11-2009, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Yeah, he told us awhile back he likes to argue!

Very sad story. They look like meth addicts. Yep, I went there....and???

and.....I agree with you!!

Bullaholic
05-11-2009, 02:29 PM
One of the perks of being a mod, I guess!!

One of them BECAUSE I CAN things, huh....:D

pirate4state
05-11-2009, 02:30 PM
and.....I agree with you!! :D

Ranger Mom
05-11-2009, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
One of them BECAUSE I CAN things, huh....:D

Yeppers!:D

Farmersfan
05-11-2009, 03:21 PM

In the first place: I don't argue! I discuss!
In the second place: I don't discuss! I tell it like it is!!!!:D :D :D

But just for future reference, why is it argumentative for me to do it but not so when YOU do it???????

Ranger Mom
05-11-2009, 03:31 PM
In the first place: I don't argue! I discuss!
In the second place: I don't discuss! I tell it like it is!!!!:D :D :D

But just for future reference, why is it argumentative for me to do it but not so when YOU do it???????

Wow!! You certainly put your own spin on things...don't ya!!

First of all....why don't you answer the question I asked you FIRST??

How was what I said about those people being 2 scary looking individuals being pessimistic??

You basically call me a "racist" against ugly people...and won't even answer a simple question....why the heck should I??

I can argue with the best of 'em....never said I didn't like a good debate.

Don't be so paranoid!

garciap77
05-11-2009, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
I think these people may have overreacted just a tad! Don't know why they shot those people, but it appears they may have overreacted just a bit.:eek:
Any relation to Officer Powell? Just kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

;)

Farmersfan
05-11-2009, 03:55 PM
Wow!! You certainly put your own spin on things...don't ya!!

First of all....why don't you answer the question I asked you FIRST??

How was what I said about those people being 2 scary looking individuals being pessimistic??

You basically call me a "racist" against ugly people...and won't even answer a simple question....why the heck should I??

I can argue with the best of 'em....never said I didn't like a good debate.

Don't be so paranoid!

If I spin-you super spin!!!

But I can't discuss it or you will just close the thread with a flippant remark............

Hows that for paranoid????

DaHop72
05-11-2009, 03:57 PM

But I can't discuss it or you will just close the thread with a flippant remark............

Hows that for paranoid???? Gee, give us a break. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Emerson1
05-11-2009, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
How so? Maybe they have had problems with people off roading on their property before. There is no way they could have known there would be kids in a car that if off roading at 9pm

STANG RED
05-11-2009, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
How so? Maybe they have had problems with people off roading on their property before. There is no way they could have known there would be kids in a car that if off roading at 9pm

Not knowing is a piss poor excuse. If your going to shoot a gun for any reason, you better know what your shooting at period!!!!!!!!!!!! Someone off roading on your property (IF they even were on their property), is NOT a good enough reason!

waterboy
05-11-2009, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I'm not saying they did overreact, I'm just saying maybe. I don't know the whole situation. I do know a kid is dead because of it. We don't know the whole story behind what happened, so I ain't gonna say they were right or wrong. From what I read, though, it does look like they may have overreacted. Deadly force could've been justified if these people were threatening their property, or their lives. We just don't know the whole story.

Ranger Mom
05-11-2009, 04:22 PM

Hows that for paranoid????

The only threads I closed were those which were breaking the rules...ie: religion!!

So far...this one isn't breaking the rules....so no reason for me to close it.

But......if you want to break this down POST by POST, since you obviously aren't going to answer the question...for the 2nd time, I guess I can do that!!!!

I will try and type it where you can understand it.

First: Garciap77 posted the story about the 4 people being shot.

Then...you immediately come back and say something about "middle of the night with kids on a school night", got caught trespassing and got shot...but you admitted to being pessimistic.

So then I come back and asked if you read something that I hadn't?? I couldn't figure out where you got that was in the middle of night! then...I asked if you were sure it was a school night, because our kids were out Friday, for some reason.

Then....I said the shooters were 2 scary looking individuals......which, they are to me!!

Next....you come back and say that I am being more pessimistic than you ever were, because of what I said about the way these people looked.

I don't know what your definition of pessimism is, but that didn't even make sense to me.

But...you hit the prejudiced statement right on the nose, I AM prejudiced against white trash, scum bag people....so sue me!!!

This is a stupid discussion. I asked legitimate questions, which you have yet to answer...not a single one.

Oh yeah.....out of fear that I will close the thread with a flippant remark....yep, paranoid it is!!
:doh:

I'm too old for this.....but THANK GOD, I don't look as old as the 2 meth heads in the picture above....because we are all the same age!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Ranger Mom
05-11-2009, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Not knowing is a piss poor excuse. If your going to shoot a gun for any reason, you better know what your shooting at period!!!!!!!!!!!! Someone off roading on your property (IF they even were on their property), is NOT a good enough reason!

Liberty County Chief Deputy Ken DeFoor said Sheila Muhs fired a 12-gauge shotgun once, then handed it to her husband, who also fired once. DeFoor said Sheila Muhs then called 911 and told the dispatcher: "They're out here tearing up the levee, so I shot them." DeFoor said the levee belonged to the subdivision and was not private property.

link (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30650051/)