PDA

View Full Version : Rockets vs Lakers Game 4

SHSBulldog00
05-10-2009, 03:25 PM
Why have the Rockets gone away from Shane Battier until just now? 1st shot in the second quarter with less than two and he hits his 4th 3 pointer.

Bull's-eye
05-10-2009, 05:03 PM
Rockets even up the series at 2-2, with a wire to wire 99-87 victory. Rockets led by as much as 29 points, but the Lakers rallied late to make it look like a much closer game.

zebrablue2
05-10-2009, 05:49 PM
Way to go Rockets.:2thumbsup Little Rock was the bomb today. Tipped his way to 34.:D Was that a great pass and shoot or what??

wildstangs
05-10-2009, 05:51 PM
Delaying the inevitable :) Go Lakers!

PhiI C
05-10-2009, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Delaying the inevitable :) Go Lakers!

I agree since Yao is out but with this great win the Lakers will be denied extra days of critical rest days which is good news indeed.

Bull's-eye
05-10-2009, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
Way to go Rockets.:2thumbsup Little Rock was the bomb today. Tipped his way to 34.:D Was that a great pass and shoot or what??

Did you catch his red Rocket blazer with the red bow tie? Very sweet!!

zebrablue2
05-10-2009, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Did you catch his red Rocket blazer with the red bow tie? Very sweet!!

bow tie was almost as big as him-LOL.

Bull's-eye
05-10-2009, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd110/tripl3_a/BrooksownsLakers.gif

zebrablue2
05-10-2009, 08:16 PM
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd110/tripl3_a/BrooksownsLakers.gif

Classic!

MJMbrahmas10
05-10-2009, 09:53 PM
i guess some seem to forget about he winning streak they had with out yao

JasperDog94
05-10-2009, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by MJMbrahmas10
i guess some seem to forget about he winning streak they had with out yao True but they had a healthy McGrady at the time.

Bull's-eye
05-10-2009, 11:08 PM
I have watched this Rockets team play all year. The loss of Yao will hurt, but they are still a good team without him. The Rockets will be much quicker on their defensive rotation. Yao struggled with defending the pick-n-roll and had trouble covering a perimeter shooting big man. Rick Adelman's offense will flow much better and wasn't suited for the Yao type offense. Turnovers will decrease as the Rockets won't be forcing the ball into Yao. Most teams had started learning how to front or double team Yao and not allowing him the ball. Yao doesn't have very good hands and has trouble receiving low passes or any type of a lob. The Lakers fed their fast breaks off of Houston turnovers, most of them coming at the hands of an entry pass to Yao. Houston will miss his scoring and will have to have Battier or Brooks pick up the slack. When Fisher was suspended for game 3, I thought that actually helped the Lakers. Fisher had really struggled with the quicker Brooks and Famar is a much better match up. IMO, the loss of Yao makes the Rockets match up better with the Lakers. Playing without Yao was like throwing a curve ball at the Lakers. Today they didn't know what to expect, but I'm sure they will make adjustments. The Lakers primarily prepared their defense to double team and stop Yao, must now learn how to defend a completely different style of offense & attack a much quicker defense.

JasperDog94
05-10-2009, 11:14 PM
Playing without Yao was like throwing a curve ball at the Lakers. Today they didn't know what to expect, but I'm sure they will make adjustments. The Lakers primarily prepared their defense to double team and stop Yao, must now learn how to defend a completely different style of offense & attack a much quicker defense. You are correct. The playoffs are all about adjustments and the Lakers will make adjustments. The Lakers are still the favored team, but the Rockets showed today that they won't go down without giving it their best.

Bull's-eye
05-10-2009, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
True but they had a healthy McGrady at the time.

They have added Artest & Lowery. Ron makes them a much better defensive team and has the ability to power inside. T-Mac was a much better scoring option, but lacked playing shut down defense. Lowery & Brooks are much better scoring options than Rafer Alston.

JasperDog94
05-11-2009, 08:27 AM
They have added Artest & Lowery. Ron makes them a much better defensive team and has the ability to power inside. T-Mac was a much better scoring option, but lacked playing shut down defense. Lowery & Brooks are much better scoring options than Rafer Alston. All very true.:)

venomous tat2
05-11-2009, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
Why have the Rockets gone away from Shane Battier until just now? 1st shot in the second quarter with less than two and he hits his 4th 3 pointer.

I think he gave up looking to score to concentrate on guarding Kobe and now with Yao out he knows he has to help with scoring.
Kobe scored 15 today and my point is this he ( Kobe ) was forced to play defense so he had to play both end of the floor. I said all along if they would concentrate on shutting down the other Lakers they would have a chance , Koby will get his points just shut the rest of the Lakers down .

Friday night the Rockets mind set was to stop Kobe and they left players wide open for good shots , Sunday they focused on the
perimeter players not letting them get a lot of good looks.

Look for the Lakers to get the ball out of Brooks hand as much as they can as he hurt them real bad Sunday also if Von Waifer ( sp)
can settle down he too can hurt them ( he gonna be damn good ).

JMO as I see it :thinking: :thinking:

Bull's-eye
05-11-2009, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by venomous tat2
Look for the Lakers to get the ball out of Brooks hand as much as they can as he hurt them real bad Sunday also if Von Waifer ( sp)
can settle down he too can hurt them ( he gonna be damn good ).

JMO as I see it :thinking: :thinking:

That's what I would do, good coaching coach. Yesterday, the Rockets exposed the Lakers defense. The quicker ball movement created many open shots for the Rockets. ABC showed several replays where the Lakers were slow to rotate on the open man. The Lakers will counter, probably use some of their half court traps.

Bull's-eye
05-11-2009, 11:31 AM
Some of the Lakers have been crying about the Battier/Odom play. They do agree with the offensive call, but they say Battier made a reckless & dangerous play. Here's a picture, looks like Battier was in position well before Odom even left his feet.

http://i44.tinypic.com/105s64p.jpg

JasperDog94
05-11-2009, 01:53 PM
Some of the Lakers have been crying about the Battier/Odom play. They do agree with the offensive call, but they say Battier made a reckless & dangerous play. Here's a picture, looks like Battier was in position well before Odom even left his feet.

http://i44.tinypic.com/105s64p.jpg lol...yeah, but there are some people on this board that will look at that and say that Battier was still moving and that he was at fault.;)

venomous tat2
05-12-2009, 02:50 PM
The one thing Brooks need to do this next game is stay in the middle of the floor with the ball and get his team mates involved sooner , he dribbles a little more than he needs to which will lead to more TO's . Being in the middle of the floor he avooid any trap
the Lakers throw at him eith his quickness. Artest needs to get his mid range to 3point shot ready cause he's gonna need it .