PDA

View Full Version : 30-3A guys...

Gobbla2001
10-23-2003, 06:26 PM
How good is Mathis? Haven't heard of them too much these days, haven't even seen their fans...

sinton66
10-23-2003, 06:32 PM
They should give West Oso a run for second. Don't think they can take Sinton, but could be wrong about that. Sinton/Mathis could be a good district ending game, might decide the district champ.

Gobbla2001
10-23-2003, 06:34 PM
sinton66:
They should give West Oso a run for second. Don't think they can take Sinton, but could be wrong about that. Sinton/Mathis could be a good district ending game, might decide the district champ.I wasn't shocked that you guys beat OSO, but was shocked at how bad you guys beat them...

Your boys are coming along... Keep it up any maybe we can see you guys come 3rd round (yah I know I know, that would mean beating Burnet, but I'll never bet against the Gobs)...

sinton66
10-23-2003, 06:37 PM
Well, tell ya what, I wouldn't bet against them either, at least not this year. I like what I've seen of them.

odzachary
10-24-2003, 01:29 AM
Gobbla2001:
How good is Mathis? Haven't heard of them too much these days, haven't even seen their fans...I'm not sure where they are compared to Sinton, but Mathis has several good running backs and two good quarterbacks, eddie benavidez and Joel chavez. Plus a really good coach leading them, coach soza......Mathis will have their hands full with Sinton, but for now they gotta get by West Oso. It will be an interesting game.

And as far as Mathis fans, they can be found on the home side or visiting side of each game rooting for them. Except for me this Friday, bummer.....

GMP!!!!!

pirateman98
10-24-2003, 03:59 AM
Well I would have to say Mathis does have a good football team. Ever since Coach Soza took over there, he has build them to be a powerhouse in South Texas(for 3a). He is a great Coach that deserves respect. Ever year you play Mathis you can not take them likely. It just so happens Sinton has had there number but you never know when the tides can change. No matter what I will always stick with my SINTON PIRATES!!!!!

SintonFan
10-24-2003, 06:12 AM
Mathis/Sinton will be who decides the district champs. I'm gonna try to go to the Taft game tonight to see what the difference is in the young Pirates.

sinton66
10-24-2003, 06:52 AM
Root 'em on for me buddy, I can't make it this weekend. Take your cellphone and let's reverse roles this week, if you don't mind too much. wink

pirate4state
10-24-2003, 09:13 AM
66, if he can't do it I'll be there. Send me a PM and let me know.

crazy3afan
10-24-2003, 10:31 AM
looks to be a good game if mathis and sinton go unbeaten to the last game of district play. its always interesting when the last game decides the district champions. mathis is 6-1 have they played any good teams