PDA

View Full Version : TCL Baseball

Bull's-eye
05-10-2009, 01:57 PM
The TCL will start next month, is their any local 3A talent playing? My friend's son will be playing first base for the Victoria Generals, he is currently at San Jac and played his HS ball at 5A Fort Bend Kempner. They will also have teams from College Station, East Texas and the Dallas area. If you are not familiar with the TCL, this is a summer league for Texas college players and they must hit with wood bats.

Bull's-eye
06-15-2009, 05:00 PM
Victoria has started off with a 7-1 record, winning 10-2 last night over Coppell. A local pitcher, Blake Payne from Victoria, started and got the win. Creighton Hoke led the Generals with 3 hits & 3 RBI's, nearly getting his 4th hit of the game, but was robbed by a leaping catch.

Go out and support these teams, they play some good baseball & the price of admission is very inexpensive.

http://www.texascollegiateleague.com/

Bull's-eye
06-16-2009, 12:59 PM
http://myvictoriaonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1846:generals&catid=62:home-stories&Itemid=87

44INAROW
06-16-2009, 01:05 PM
my boss went to the 1st game last week (1st home game) think it was 7-6 or something like that.. He has season tickets (Generals) We're thinking about hitting up a game or two...

Bull's-eye
06-16-2009, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
my boss went to the 1st game last week (1st home game) think it was 7-6 or something like that.. He has season tickets (Generals) We're thinking about hitting up a game or two...

Let me know, we usually try to attend the games on the weekends. My friend's son is #9 and plays first base. All the people associated with the team are just super nice, from the owner to all of the host parents. Food is cheap and they do serve beer. :)

Last Sunday's game had some good entertainment. The Coppell coach got disgusted with the home plate umpire, kicked dirt on the plate and decided to throw an ice chest toward home. He did get kicked out and everybody cheered when our bat boy took their ice chest away.

44INAROW
06-16-2009, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Let me know, we usually try to attend the games on the weekends. My friend's son is #9 and plays first base. All the people associated with the team are just super nice, from the owner to all of the host parents. Food is cheap and they do serve beer. :)

will do - and for those with "little ones" I understand they have babysitting type services from 6 to 8 -..

Bull's-eye
06-16-2009, 04:29 PM
They do have a kid zone and between innings they have several contests. I believe they do the dizzy bat race, have a chicken dance, play deal or no deal & have a trivia contest. The players enjoy meeting the kids and signing autographs. Texas Tech's Joey Kentworthy is a fan favorite, only 5'4" in size, but a heck of a player. I noticed McKinney had a player from Celina, so 3A is represented. Some of these players have been drafted by the MLB, so you may see a future big leaguer. For the guys, they have the 4 Stars (pretty girls in shorts wearing boots) and cold beer.

grahampaw
06-16-2009, 04:34 PM
I remember this league having about 15 teams when Graham had a team and now 5.Has anyone made any money off this league or is it a moneypit to owners?

Bull's-eye
06-16-2009, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by grahampaw
I remember this league having about 15 teams when Graham had a team and now 5.Has anyone made any money off this league or is it a moneypit to owners?

A few years ago, this league was giving the Cape Cod League a run for it's money. I believe there was a financial dispute and the league was dismantled.

Talking to the Victoria owner, he will probably spend close to $250,000 and lose money this season.