PDA

View Full Version : Wharton vs Bellville baseball

Johnnypaycheck
05-09-2009, 10:50 PM
Thursday May 14, 7:30
Friday May 15, 7:30
Saturday May 16, 7:30 (if necc.)

all games at Strickland Field/Veteran's Park in beautiful Weimar, TX.

SintonFan_inAustin
05-10-2009, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by Johnnypaycheck
Thursday May 14, 7:30
Friday May 15, 7:30
Saturday May 16, 7:30 (if necc.)

all games at Strickland Field/Veteran's Park in beautiful Weimar, TX. smell of barbecue burgers and old time stadium feeling, great!

zebrablue2
05-10-2009, 07:39 AM
Good luck to the Brahmas!!!

CueroDad08
05-10-2009, 09:44 AM
This will be a good matchup. Good luck to both Wharton and Bellville, Got a feeling this one will go all 3.

XMan
05-10-2009, 08:23 PM
Break out the brooms cause the Brahmas will sweep this one.

Antec
05-10-2009, 08:35 PM
Saturday's third game if necessary sure has a late start-7:30

tigerfan09
05-12-2009, 08:19 PM
Wharton in 2 games...it will be over for Bellville on Friday night...Looper is resting up his arm to take care of business on Thursday night...Acuna and Munoz will be breaking out the big bats...

tigerfan09
05-12-2009, 08:30 PM
Also, I was sent an e-mail from Coach Kerlin stating that the Saturday (if necessary) game will be at 2pm instead of 7:30pm...anyways, Wharton won't need that game since it will be over on Friday night...

Lt. Maverick
05-12-2009, 08:50 PM
All i know is talking MEANS nothing! Bellville says they'll sweep and so does Wharton.....i think this series is going to be one to be remembered, i say 3 games all of them close. The tigers are led this season by Mata and Looper. Looper seams to be getting his speed back on the mound as i saw in bay city and in Needville...and Mata seems to still be on fire at the plate, he's leading Wharton in just about every offensive category, and he can change the momentum and outcome of a game with just one swing as I have seen this season...... saying all that still means nothing come game time thursday!

Friday game should be PACKED since it's a weekend playoff game but Thursday i know Wharton has a athletic banquet, hopefully Wharton has some fans there to get behind them!

Does anyone know if there will be a radio broadcast for these games? Hopefully I can make it to them all.

Gators17
05-12-2009, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by tigerfan09
Also, I was sent an e-mail from Coach Kerlin stating that the Saturday (if necessary) game will be at 2pm instead of 7:30pm...anyways, Wharton won't need that game since it will be over on Friday night...

It sounds like you're talking out of your butt. Bellville is gonna beat Wharton like they're playing a 7th grade B team. Mark my words.

Antec
05-12-2009, 09:48 PM
It will go three games if Wharton's bats come alive

Looper is right behind Mata in hitting

Mata could pitch Friday's game.

Games might be broadcast on KULP, AM 1390 in El Campo.

Depends on what Ricebirds do in their playoff game or series

pirate4state
05-13-2009, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Gators17
It sounds like you're talking out of your butt. Bellville is gonna beat Wharton like they're playing a 7th grade B team. Mark my words. LOL

tigerfan09
05-13-2009, 09:11 PM
If Acuna, Munoz, and Fraker have a hot night, it will be a long night for Bellville! GO TIGERS!

Lt. Maverick
05-13-2009, 10:02 PM
TWO threats Wharton has who hurt bellville last time they played.. here are there stats which they lead the team i think in everything.....and have carried this team this year..(i go to every game and watch these two young men play every out hard and give it all every game...so don't say i'm a parent or relative im just a simple fan who happens to have seen the tigers this year..)

Looper- Gp- 21, avg.-394, H-26, R-20, RBI- 17, 2b-9, HR-3, OBP- .468, SLG- .667

Mata- Gp-20, avg. .450, H-27, R-23, RBI- 32, 2b-8, 3b-2, HR-6, OBP-.539, SLG.- 950

Wharton has other players but from what i WITNESS every week these two guys are the leaders(NOT ONLY IN STATS) of this team and have stepped up this season. they are among the best players in 3A

I read Looper was nominated to the area-code tryouts-congrats to him!

brahmafan01
05-13-2009, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Lt. Maverick
TWO threats Wharton has who hurt bellville last time they played.. here are there stats which they lead the team i think in everything.....and have carried this team this year..(i go to every game and watch these two young men play every out hard and give it all every game...so don't say i'm a parent or relative im just a simple fan who happens to have seen the tigers this year..)

Mata- Gp-20, avg. .450, H-27, R-23, RBI- 32, 2b-8, 3b-2, HR-6, OBP-.539, SLG.- 950

Wharton has other players but from what i WITNESS every week these two guys are the leaders(NOT ONLY IN STATS) of this team and have stepped up this season. they are among the best players in 3A

Not sure aout the best in 3a. That's a very bold statement. It's understandable that they are good but the Bellville boys have put up numbers far exceding those.

Lt. Maverick
05-13-2009, 11:01 PM
My statement was AMONG the best players not THE BEST PLAYERS.....READ!!!!!!!!!!!
does Bellville play in a park with a nasty howling wind that blows straight in like Wharton's? otherwise one of them would have double digit homers and the other would have about 8.

Bellville does have some great players who are among the best players also. that catcher is one of them. not sure of his name...

SintonFan_inAustin
05-13-2009, 11:21 PM
My statement was AMONG the best players not THE BEST PLAYERS.....READ!!!!!!!!!!!
does Bellville play in a park with a nasty howling wind that blows straight in like Wharton's? otherwise one of them would have double digit homers and the other would have about 8.

Bellville does have some great players who are among the best players also. that catcher is one of them. not sure of his name... sounds like the wind blows in like in Sinton.

Gators17
05-13-2009, 11:31 PM

Bellville does have some great players who are among the best players also. that catcher is one of them. not sure of his name...

Yes it does as a matter of fact. I've been going to the games in bellville for 10 years now and could count on one hand the amount of times the wind has blown out. I'm willing to bet the wind blows in about 95% of the time in Bellville.

The catcher's name is Ryan Hackemack.

Brahma84
05-14-2009, 06:38 AM
The wind in Bellville is always blowing in. I don't think that there were any homeruns hit the entire season in Bellville.

XMan
05-14-2009, 06:42 AM
Due to the speed of the '93 champion team, the Brahmas may just have the biggest park in all of 3A. On top of that, the south wind is right in the hitters face, usually about 20. Wharton's park is TINY.

FbCoachB40
05-14-2009, 07:24 AM
TINY???

Yes, it is so tiny that with the south wind blowing in JUCO kids can't hit it out. That park plays huge with the gulf wind. NOW...if a northern comes in...it is a popcorn park

whtfbplaya
05-14-2009, 07:54 AM

Are there stats somewhere on the net, or do you just have them?

whtfbplaya
05-14-2009, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by FbCoachB40
TINY???

Yes, it is so tiny that with the south wind blowing in JUCO kids can't hit it out. That park plays huge with the gulf wind. NOW...if a northern comes in...it is a popcorn park

Never bothered the san jac hitters, 17 hr in 3 games.

Johnnypaycheck
05-14-2009, 08:11 AM
Wharton's park is not TINY, compared to other parks in the area (Sweeny & West Columbia).

Bellville is a quality program, just as Wharton is. This series is going to be a great one with great players on both sides. Let's just hope everyone plays up to their capabilities and may the best team win!

The winner of this series has a TALL order next round with Cuero!

tigerfan09
05-14-2009, 09:50 AM
The Tigers will not be able to pull it out with just Looper and Mata. Of course, they are good, but you need 9 players on the field. Remember, Looper and Mata didn’t do it all by themselves this year. Garza, Krushall, Munoz, & Acuna have been pulling through for them at the bats, too. Looper pitched great against Needville, but I saw Munoz making some great plays at 3rd base that night. Also, the Tigers played some good defense. As I recall, Acuna hit a homer to win the game against West Columbia during district. Also, Munoz has come in and relieved Mata and Looper at pitching, and pulled out a few saves for them. He’s got to be on if Looper and Mata need a reliever. It is a team effort and ALL of the Tigers need to play well. GO WHARTON! BEAT BELLVILLE!

Lt. Maverick
05-14-2009, 12:31 PM
wharton's park is huge compared to sweeny and columbia's.. i think sweeny's isnt even 300 anywhere in that park and columbia's isn't much bigger.....That double header where San Jac hit all the homers a Northern blew threw that week. And that wind either blows in HARD or out HARD. There was 2 homeruns hit this year at that field in HS and none were by opposing teams.

Lt. Maverick
05-14-2009, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by whtfbplaya
Are there stats somewhere on the net, or do you just have them?

maxpreps.com.... just go on there and check them out every once in a while

Lt. Maverick
05-14-2009, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by whtfbplaya
Never bothered the san jac hitters, 17 hr in 3 games.

I've talked to DJ one of the coaches from San Jac and he's told me that everytime they play in Wharton when the wind blows in it's almost impossible to hit one out...they have some awsome players it's just hard to get one out with that nasty wind....This year tho they just crushed them out of there that weekend

whtfbplaya
05-14-2009, 12:58 PM
I've talked to DJ one of the coaches from San Jac and he's told me that everytime they play in Wharton when the wind blows in it's almost impossible to hit one out...they have some awsome players it's just hard to get one out with that nasty wind....This year tho they just crushed them out of there that weekend

Helps when it is bp pitching. I dont think they could hit any better off a tee. And yes they do have some of the best players in the country.:D

XMan
05-14-2009, 01:32 PM
Compared to Bellville's Knight Field, Wharton's park is small. Bellville is 330 down the lines and 396 to center i believe. The south wind blows IN at both places. With Bellville's AD leaving, maybe the baseball players can skip offseason and concentrate on winning some playoff baseball games. This could possibly make a big difference. Im thinking Cerny would be happy for that to happen. Good luck to the Brahmas.

44INAROW
05-14-2009, 02:05 PM
Who's going to be at the game Friday in Weimar? Mr44 and I are seriously thinking about making the trip:thinking:

tigerfan09
05-14-2009, 02:16 PM
I'm getting ready to make the drive to Weimar, TX...:cool:

Lt. Maverick
05-14-2009, 02:18 PM
T-minus 5 hrs and 12 minutes till game time folks.

giddingsblazer2
05-14-2009, 02:22 PM
I know me and a couple of my buddies will be there from giddings cheering on the brahma's...Good luck Bellville represent d25 well!

tigerfan09
05-14-2009, 03:04 PM

I witnessed that Wharton/Bellville game at the Wharton tournament before District, and Munoz had the hit that won the game for the Tigers. Also, I'm pretty sure Munoz came in as a reliever, and pitched pretty well to keep the Tigers in the game. Mata and Looper might lead the team in hits, but Mata is no team leader, and they certainly have not carried the Tigers this season. All season long, it has been a team effort. As I recall, Looper struggled with pitching against Stafford and Sweeny, and Mata struggled with pitching against West Columbia. Looper, Krushall, Fraker, and Munoz are the ball players that keep the Tigers focused to win. Also, Wharton has had other players that have come through in crunch times in every game. Looper and Mata might have the statistics, and it does seem like you are a big fan of both of them, but you come off like it doesn't matter if the rest of the Tigers show up. Looper and Mata are good ball players, but they certainly haven’t carried the Tigers like you state in your posts. I am a Wharton fan all the way, and I have seen all of the kids play hard, and give it their all in each and every game. GO WHARTON! BEAT BELLVILLE!

Lt. Maverick
05-14-2009, 03:23 PM
Um no before u go posting myths again like the last thread u posted on...Munoz got a single in the game before bellville that won a different game..... It was Mata who got a game winning double off the wall that knocked in the 3 winning runs. So yes i am big fans of them...you says there not leaders...I have seen mata work his ass off in practice for four years now...looper for 3. I've seen them change over the past 3 and 4 years to bigger better players. I am fans of the other tigers as well.

And they may not have carried this team in your opinion but i witnessed Mata hit for the cycle once, throw a 1 hitter, hit towering homeruns......and get some walkoff hits.....his junior year he also tossed a No Hitter against a 5A team that spanked them 15-3 a couple of weeks before....
Looper i've seen that kid toss a no hitter, come in and shut down other teams lineups. throw a one hitter against needville in needville...and hit some bombs too...and soo on

The other players are good too but im just saying that these two guys have contributed the most this year and some fans i talk to agree with me...

Im not here trying to bash players or show favorites...None of the numbers, egos, myths, word of mouths matter any more....Its playoff time and anyone can do something big....It's time for Wharton to upset someone in the playoffs instead of being upset..

DO IT TIGERS!

Lt. Maverick
05-14-2009, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by tigerfan09
I witnessed that Wharton/Bellville game at the Wharton tournament before District, and Munoz had the hit that won the game for the Tigers. Also, I'm pretty sure Munoz came in as a reliever, and pitched pretty well to keep the Tigers in the game. Mata and Looper might lead the team in hits, but Mata is no team leader, and they certainly have not carried the Tigers this season. All season long, it has been a team effort. As I recall, Looper struggled with pitching against Stafford and Sweeny, and Mata struggled with pitching against West Columbia. Looper, Krushall, Fraker, and Munoz are the ball players that keep the Tigers focused to win. Also, Wharton has had other players that have come through in crunch times in every game. Looper and Mata might have the statistics, and it does seem like you are a big fan of both of them, but you come off like it doesn't matter if the rest of the Tigers show up. Looper and Mata are good ball players, but they certainly haven’t carried the Tigers like you state in your posts. I am a Wharton fan all the way, and I have seen all of the kids play hard, and give it their all in each and every game. GO WHARTON! BEAT BELLVILLE!

Were u at the columbia game....A 270 ft fence......come on.....U say mata struggled with pitching ......did u watch the denfense that led to a homerun? did u watch the balls go over by 2 ft? he gave up 4 runs that inning and shut them down after and kept them in it.......He also hit one a country mile when he batted the next inning.....All the tigers had to do was score runs....which they didnt....Cant do that in the playoffs ..I'll see i tigerfan at the game!

tigerpride_08
05-14-2009, 03:33 PM
i will be in attendance tonight and for the whole series...i'm looking forward to seeing some great baseball and will be rooting for my tigers!

Antec
05-14-2009, 03:55 PM
Will someone be posting updates

I'll be at the sports banquet