PDA

View Full Version : the dallas mavericks

coach
05-09-2009, 03:52 PM
Since 2001, the Mavs are 53-50 overall in playoffs. Dallas’ record when Danny Crawford is NOT working the game is 52-35. Dallas’ record when Crawford IS working the Mavs game is. … 1-15.

Keith7
05-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Does this surprise you ??? The NBA is as fixed as wrestling.. that is why it is the most boring / predictable professional sport today..

coach
05-09-2009, 05:16 PM
the mavs need to get dirk the ball...im tired of seeing gerald green and ryan hollands take shots

coach
05-09-2009, 07:03 PM
wow...now thats some bs

Emerson1
05-09-2009, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by coach
wow...now thats some bs x2

I. B. Watching
05-09-2009, 07:23 PM
That was a downer. I wish Dirk would have driven and tried to draw a foul though before the game-ending fiasco

JasperDog94
05-09-2009, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by coach
Since 2001, the Mavs are 53-50 overall in playoffs. Dallas’ record when Danny Crawford is NOT working the game is 52-35. Dallas’ record when Crawford IS working the Mavs game is. … 1-15. Are you sure about that stat? If so that's just insane.

coach
05-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Are you sure about that stat? If so that's just insane.

well some mave guru on facebook has that as there status so i dunno and im sure he wouldnt just pull that outta his ass

Bullaholic
05-09-2009, 08:25 PM
What a tough loss. The Mavs had this one won, but a quirky situation caused it not to be.

Somebody had better put a chaperone on Cuban. He went berserk at the end of the game. :D

gobbler grad
05-09-2009, 08:54 PM
that was a sucky loss...:mad: and Cuban was alittle unhappy...:D
there at the end

Keith7
05-09-2009, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
What a tough loss. The Mavs had this one won, but a quirky situation caused it not to be.

Somebody had better put a chaperone on Cuban. He went berserk at the end of the game. :D

He is a little baby.. Him alone makes me want the Mavericks to go back to the team they were throughout the 80's and 90's..

oh that and because the NBA is laughable and i'm sick of hearing people talk about it

Farmersfan
05-10-2009, 10:04 AM
The Last play was a heartbreak for the Mavs and their fans. But I have a REAL problem with the last 4 or 5 possessions for the Mavs and the Nuggets. The Mavs (as usual) elected to shoot long shots while allowing the Nuggets to dunk the damn ball. They didn't deserve to win. And if the Mavs don't trade Howard this offseason I will be done with them. He is a total MORON!!!!!!!!!

Emerson1
05-10-2009, 11:06 AM
Howard definitely re-raised his stock some with the way he has been playing lately.

bwdlionfan
05-10-2009, 11:43 AM
Go Nuggets! Sweep Mark Cuban

STANG RED
05-10-2009, 12:42 PM
The Mavs did get screwed, but it really doesnt matter in the long run. Now they'll just get beat in 4 instead of 5. They had their chance a couple years back but blew it. They are a good solid team now, but several others are just much better. The Nuggets are one of them. Still going to be the LeBron/Kobe show in the finals, which has been evident for most of the season.

3afan
05-10-2009, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
The Mavs did get screwed, but it really doesnt matter in the long run. Now they'll just get beat in 4 instead of 5. They had their chance a couple years back but blew it. They are a good solid team now, but several others are just much better. The Nuggets are one of them. Still going to be the LeBron/Kobe show in the finals, which has been evident for most of the season.

ya that pretty much sums it up

Z-RO
05-10-2009, 03:49 PM
You cant say that, the series would have been 2-1. I does not matter how much the Thuggets won in the 1st two games. Look back at that Atlanta/Miami series none of those games were close and it went to 7.

Farmersfan
05-11-2009, 08:35 AM
Lebron James, Kobe Bryant, Chris Paul, Dwayne Wade, Dwight Howard, Tim Duncan, Dirk Nowitzki, Kevin Garnett, Devon Williams, Vince Carter, Carlos Boozer, Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, Shac ONeil

Make your own list! Top 10. Top 20. Top 50. It won't make any difference. There is one particular thing that will stand out on every single list you can find about the TOP NBA PLAYERS.

1. Who is the weakest player?
2. Who is the softest player?
3. Who plays the worse defense?

You guessed it: Dirk Nowiztki!!!!!!!!! Or as he has become known around my house: The Disappering Dutchman!!!! And he did it again on Saturday. Had a great 3 quarters and then faded away in the 4th. Missed free throws and 0-5 on his FG attempts in the last 5 minutes. On the last possession the Mavs had the ball if Dirk runs the play clock all the way down the Nuggets get only 4 seconds to run a play but Dirk shoots a LONG shot with 9 seconds left on the shot clock. We all saw what they were able to do. But to make matters worse he steps out of the way and lets the Nuggets dunk the ball on almost every possession without even contesting the shot. Weak! Weak! Weak! Weak!
The Mavs need to make some BIG changes this off season.

Pick6
05-11-2009, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Lebron James, Kobe Bryant, Chris Paul, Dwayne Wade, Dwight Howard, Tim Duncan, Dirk Nowitzki, Kevin Garnett, Devon Williams, Vince Carter, Carlos Boozer, Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, Shac ONeil

Make your own list! Top 10. Top 20. Top 50. It won't make any difference. There is one particular thing that will stand out on every single list you can find about the TOP NBA PLAYERS.

1. Who is the weakest player?
2. Who is the softest player?
3. Who plays the worse defense?

You guessed it: Dirk Nowiztki!!!!!!!!! Or as he has become known around my house: The Disappering Dutchman!!!! And he did it again on Saturday. Had a great 3 quarters and then faded away in the 4th. Missed free throws and 0-5 on his FG attempts in the last 5 minutes. On the last possession the Mavs had the ball if Dirk runs the play clock all the way down the Nuggets get only 4 seconds to run a play but Dirk shoots a LONG shot with 9 seconds left on the shot clock. We all saw what they were able to do. But to make matters worse he steps out of the way and lets the Nuggets dunk the ball on almost every possession without even contesting the shot. Weak! Weak! Weak! Weak!
The Mavs need to make some BIG changes this off season.

Dirk has more points in this series than any player for either team. If you think he's disappeared from this series, your completely wrong, again. Dallas's bench is what has disappeared in the 2nd round. If you think Dallas would be better without Dirk just take a look at Minn without KG.

Farmersfan
05-11-2009, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
Dirk has more points in this series than any player for either team. If you think he's disappeared from this series, your completely wrong, again. Dallas's bench is what has disappeared in the 2nd round. If you think Dallas would be better without Dirk just take a look at Minn without KG.

What? Perhaps you should re-read my post!

Pick6
05-11-2009, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
What? Perhaps you should re-read my post!

I did, you're blaming Dirk and his 30+ points and double digit rebounding effort for the loss. The great players all had or have sidekicks who can score when needed. Dirk doesn't have that. He has been on a one horse team for way to many years.

Farmersfan
05-11-2009, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
I did, you're blaming Dirk and his 30+ points and double digit rebounding effort for the loss. The great players all had or have sidekicks who can score when needed. Dirk doesn't have that. He has been on a one horse team for way to many years.

Wrong Again! I'm blaming Dirk for his 0-5 performance in the last 5 minutes of the game for the loss. And his 2 point performance in the 4th in game 1. And his 5 point performance in the 4th in game 2. And his complete lack of defensive intensity in all quarters of every game. And his flopping around like someone ripped out his spine everytime he shoots a layup. I like Dirk! I think he is a great player and like most great players he needs some help. But he is not a star. He's not even on the same planet with the top 25 NBA players. Make a list of the top 25 players in the league and ask yourself if the other team would trade those players straight up for Dirk? Top 50 players? Not likely! His 30 points and double digit rebounds keep the Mavs from getting another star. They are hollow numbers and when it come down to crunch time Dirk so easily taken out of his game that the Mavs will never win it all as long as he is the go to guy.