PDA

View Full Version : How Many Of You Boys Are Football Players?

OrangeBlood
08-12-2002, 10:50 AM
I was just wondering how many of the posters on this forum are actually football players. I can tell that some of you are, but not sure about some as well. If you fellas would just give me a little roll call, and take it from an old man that has been around the block more than a few times...there is nothing in the world like Texas High School Football...good luck, enjoy this time, and God Bless each and every one of you.

EvermanDawg88
08-12-2002, 11:32 AM
Texas HS Football player right here.

Bulldog92
08-12-2002, 11:36 AM
I never played football for Jasper. Considering that at that time I was 5'7 and about 135, it was wise to be a trainer and play baseball instead. I wanted to play, but as big as the kids were I would have gotten killed. Anyway, there is nothing like Friday nights at the Doghouse and the competitive juices were flowing whether you were a player or some geek in the band.

HSFOOTBALLROCKS
08-12-2002, 11:52 AM
Football Player here West Texas raised, where towns shut down on Fridays. Miss those type of places.

Bigbell#25
08-12-2002, 12:11 PM
theres nothing like a friday night in the Lone Star state. I play for the Westwood Panthers, in Palestine.Good luck to everyone this year.

M.PIRATEFAN
08-12-2002, 01:23 PM
Hey everyone!!!!! It's been a while since i have posted but yes i am a ex football player. I played for Mathis Pirates!!!!! I finished school in '95 but now i live in Victoria.I still go back home for the games and i love Texas Highschool football.Just want to wish those MightyMathisPirates this year on making it to state.We just might.Nobody has talked about Mathis on here and i like that.You know the quite ones are the sneeky ones.So you better watch out.

therealbulldogs
08-12-2002, 02:41 PM
I just graduated from high school at Bandera. I played tight end, offensive line, and defensive line. I had fun and I will always be a Bandera fan.

QBKilla
08-12-2002, 03:02 PM
1I'm a linebacker at Barbers Hill. I probably shouldn't say this but robbers would have a field day in our town on Friday nights. No one would be home to catch them, everyone's at the game http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif. Even the police.

p.s. Boy ol' boy do full pads feel great!

[This message has been edited by QBKilla (edited August 12, 2002).]

OrangeBlood
08-12-2002, 03:26 PM
Glad to see so many posters are players....Killa..I went and saw your team play against Rice in Houston last year...I don't know if you played in that game or not, but the atmosphere was electric...they got the best of you boys that night, but your team has alot of ammunition coming back..reek havoc on the opposing offenses now Killa, maybe I'll see ya'll in the playoffs this fall..good luck...does your running back really run a 4.3 like it says in Texas Football...I'm not too old to remember that's pretty damn fast...

Random Joker
08-12-2002, 07:58 PM
Freshman middle LB, Carthage.

QBKilla
08-13-2002, 04:34 PM
Orangeblood, I was number 40. I played strong side backer the whole game. We were doing great in that game until the 2nd half. Crap, we were up 7-6 at the half. You are right though, the atmosphere was electric. We do have a lot coming back and are gunning to go all the way. Our fullback runs a 4.30, tailback 4.34 and QB 4.53. We have the tools we just have to put it together. Our defense is almost as fast also with (1)4.3, (4)4.5s, (2)4.6s, (3)4.8s and a 4.9.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-16-2002, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by therealbulldogs:
I just graduated from high school at Bandera. I played tight end, offensive line, and defensive line. I had fun and I will always be a Bandera fan.

What year/years did you play?

eye of the tiger
08-16-2002, 02:12 PM
Well Im no longer an are, but Im a was. Guard on offense and inside linebacker on defense for Dallas Samuell years ago.

Kool Tarpon 21
08-16-2002, 02:14 PM
Here in the lone star state, near South Padre Island, on Friday nights, there is an exciting event. I'm definitely a football player. I play for the Port Isabel Tarpons. I'm a receiver and a safety. I'm #21.

eye of the tiger
08-16-2002, 03:20 PM
Have a fun and safe year Kool Tarp. Good luck to the Tarpons this year.