PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood Lions in 2009

Rocket
05-08-2009, 06:21 PM
First of all, last year is last year. 3A had nothing to do with it. It was all about a total and unforgiving lack of defense. Offense was Top Tier on any level. My outlook last season at this time on our team was accurate. We were geared to roll. Lost Vacarro before the season started which threw the defense out of whack (many position shifts and loss of linebackers) and we were never able to recover to stop the run.

Fast Forward to 2009. New coach. New defense. New fire. New outlook. New talent. New size. New strength. New speed. New move-ins (Jaxon Shipley, to mention one) New.

I hate to say it, but I do believe there is not one team on our schedule that we can't beat. Oh and we have Burnet, Liberty Hill, Wylie, Snyder, and Graham at home this season. The Lions have the Eye of the Tiger once again; the hunger to totally shred teams apart and after last year's weird season, should be among the top once the season is over.

Anybody that disagrees is delusional or just plain not right.

I also would say that 3-7 Brownwood will probably be Top 10 again. Now that is some respect.

garciap77
05-08-2009, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
First of all, last year is last year. 3A had nothing to do with it. It was all about a total and unforgiving lack of defense. Offense was Top Tier on any level. My outlook last season at this time on our team was accurate. We were geared to roll. Lost Vacarro before the season started which threw the defense out of whack (many position shifts and loss of linebackers) and we were never able to recover to stop the run.

Fast Forward to 2009. New coach. New defense. New fire. New outlook. New talent. New size. New strength. New speed. New move-ins (Jaxon Shipley, to mention one) New.

I hate to say it, but I do believe there is not one team on our schedule that we can't beat. Oh and we have Burnet, Liberty Hill, Wylie, Snyder, and Graham at home this season. The Lions have the Eye of the Tiger once again; the hunger to totally shred teams apart and after last year's weird season, should be among the top once the season is over.

I also would say that 3-7 Brownwood will probably be Top 10 again. Now that is some respect.

:eek:

New Rocket!

:D

;)

Looking4number8
05-08-2009, 06:32 PM

I was driving by the school this after noon during the workouts and I saw a couple of monster young men I don't remember from last year. Here's to hoping Shipley has righted the ship!

I_DONT_CARE
05-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Lost Vacarro before the season started which threw the defense out of whack (many position shifts and loss of linebackers) and we were never able to recover to stop the run.

LOL... this is way bigger than me and what I think. Yeah all my predictions and trash talking had KV as a factor, but I think we will be fine by District. We have plenty of great athletes and coaches that will make adjustments accordingly. In my experience, if you are a 1 Man Team, you will not win. Sooner or later it will catch up with you. Hard to replace? Sure. No player is unreplaceable and nothing is guaranteed, not even tomorrow. That said, Brownwood will still be a force to be reckoned with. You can count on that.

^^^^^ IS THIS THE SAME KENNY VACARRO THAT WASN'T GOING TO BE A REAL PROBLEM WHEN HE LEFT? :thinking:

Rocket
05-08-2009, 06:44 PM
Yup....him leaving hurt us more than we could have imagined. Didn't realize our defense was so fragile when all this went down.

LHexPlayer
05-08-2009, 07:00 PM

You forgot NEW RHETORIC.

hahahahaha

Here we go again

Rocket
05-08-2009, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
You forgot NEW RHETORIC.

hahahahaha

Here we go again

LOL somebody's been going to school. I had to look that word up. :confused:

orange machine
05-08-2009, 10:12 PM
I think Brownwood comes in second in district behind AW goes 2 or 3 rounds in the playoffs.

Looking4number8
05-08-2009, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
I think Brownwood comes in second in district behind AW goes 2 or 3 rounds in the playoffs.

I say we play in Brownwood this year and Wylie wont get that BS fumble call so we whip there butt and win district

goosealaniz
05-08-2009, 10:41 PM

:spitlol: :spitlol: :spitlol: :spitlol: :spitlol:

BEAST
05-08-2009, 10:48 PM
Preach it brotha. Perhaps a dollar short and a day late but we are geared up this time on both sides of the ball. We coming.

BEAST

slingshot
05-08-2009, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
:eek:

New Rocket! Sorry to correct you Bro, but... same old Rocket and same old BS :rolleyes: . Brownwoo' goes 5-5, maybe 6-4 this year... I'll predict 3rd in district and a dogfight to get that. We have more returning starters back than any year in recent Wylie history (last year's State Semi-Finalist team that went to double OT with the state champ was a Jr dominated squad). We'll be just fine and look forward to playing you 'at the Wood'. :kiss:

Looking4number8
05-08-2009, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by slingshot
I'll predict 3rd in district and a dogfight to get that

Want to bet a big ole beer on that one? "I don't drink beer often, but when I do, I drink Dos Equis"

garciap77
05-09-2009, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
I say we play in Brownwood this year and Wylie wont get that BS fumble call so we whip there butt and win district
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/cazwateveroo11.gif

But, there will be a lot of this:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/tds-1.jpg

slingshot
05-09-2009, 12:36 AM
Want to bet a big ole beer on that one? "I don't drink beer often, but when I do, I drink Dos Equis" I don't really drink beer--but I'll bet you a cold Dublin Dr Pepper. And add a chili dog that ya'll don't win district as you boldly predicted ;) . Would have thought that last year would have given you guys a dose of humility... guess not. 3-7, :p . Here we go again! Love it. :D

cr180t
05-09-2009, 10:43 AM
[B]

How does a lion get the EYE of a Tiger?;)

garciap77
05-09-2009, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by cr180t
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rocket
[B]

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:1popcorn:

cr180t
05-09-2009, 11:26 AM

LH Panther Mom
05-09-2009, 11:30 AM
It cracked me up! :evillol: :evillol: :1popcorn:

cr180t
05-09-2009, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
It cracked me up! :evillol: :evillol: :1popcorn:

I know you were thinking the same thing ;)

LH Panther Mom
05-09-2009, 12:11 PM
I know you were thinking the same thing ;)
Of course I was! :D ;)

solocam
05-09-2009, 01:44 PM
Rocket speaks the truth ;)

Trashman
05-09-2009, 03:58 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rocket
[B]

You cut it out and take it!:devil:

BwdLions
05-11-2009, 09:52 AM
This new rivalry with AW is gonna get good. Think we can ever get as heated as Sweetwater-Snyder?

Ex-Tiger2005
05-11-2009, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions
This new rivalry with AW is gonna get good. Think we can ever get as heated as Sweetwater-Snyder?

NO! That rivalry goes back years, way before I was born.

Black_Magic
05-11-2009, 11:00 AM

I also would say that 3-7 Brownwood will probably be Top 10 again. Now that is some respect. Same Song different year. Order the Rings. OR Just have them change the date on last years rings;)

Lion_Addict
05-11-2009, 11:08 AM

Yeah, I think it's gonna start getting more heated this season after we smack their purple hindparts around good! No more nice nice....The WOOD by 21 this year :evillol: :taunt: :stirpot:

garciap77
05-11-2009, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
Yeah, I think it's gonna start getting more heated this season after we smack their purple hindparts around good! No more nice nice....The WOOD by 21 this year :evillol: :taunt: :stirpot:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/smiley_guy_sticking_out_tongue_lg_c.gif

Rocket you better stop using Lion_Addict's account to sign-in and start stuff!

;)

ccmom
05-11-2009, 03:12 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/smiley_guy_sticking_out_tongue_lg_c.gif

;)

Take it easy on em, Garcia. Apparently, several of the Brownwood boys share a brain and today is L_A's day to use it. :rolleyes: :D

RedWhiteBlue
05-11-2009, 03:14 PM

;)
No, I'm afraid they just grow that dumb down there, Garcia.... That sounds about like Addict!!! :rolleyes: :eek:

Rocket
05-11-2009, 03:22 PM
I am just waiting for somebody to talk football. Not post emoticons like garcia all day long. Very cute by the way, garcia. You are the master. I bet you are one of those artsy farsty boys.
ccmom likes to throw zingers.. which cracked me up. But still, no football. Black Magic will always chime in, but being a DC still has no football to throw back at me? More of the same from me, and more of the same from you bunch of stooges... LOL

I BET we are ranked higher than Snyder preseason. Any takers?

DaHop72
05-11-2009, 03:27 PM

I BET we are ranked higher than Snyder preseason. Any takers? Weren't you ranked higher than Snyder preseason last year Rocket??? Now how did that turn out? :D :D

By the way I've been through the fair city of Sasche quite a bit lately, really like the look of Firewheel.

Bullaholic
05-11-2009, 03:54 PM
The Black Knight in this video clip reminds me of Rocket......:D

WARNING: Some strong language

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLEWHRbIMxU

garciap77
05-11-2009, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
The Black Knight in this video clip reminds me of Rocket......:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLEWHRbIMxU

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif

;)

garciap77
05-11-2009, 04:06 PM
I am just waiting for somebody to talk football. Not post emoticons like garcia all day long. Very cute by the way, garcia. You are the master. I bet you are one of those artsy farsty boys.
ccmom likes to throw zingers.. which cracked me up. But still, no football. Black Magic will always chime in, but being a DC still has no football to throw back at me? More of the same from me, and more of the same from you bunch of stooges... LOL

:wave:You got a taker! Found this preseason ranking on the Internet:

Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
1. Abilene Wylie
2. Graham
3. Sweetwater
3. Snyder
3. Brownwood
6. Breckenridge
7. Liberty Hill
8. Midland Greenwood
9. Cuero
10. Sinton

Other recieving votes: Bridgeport, West Orange Stark, Anthony.

When can I collect my money?

;)

RedWhiteBlue
05-11-2009, 04:15 PM

Hey!!! I'll take that bet, Rocket!!! Am I too late??:devil:

garciap77
05-11-2009, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue

Ex-Tiger2005
05-11-2009, 04:49 PM

Everyone is always ranked higher than us! So i am tried of arguing about that situation.

Rocket
05-11-2009, 04:55 PM
:wave:You got a taker! Found this preseason ranking on the Internet:

When can I collect my money?

;)

Talking about a respected poll... not a fan poll..
Nice try tho...

Rocket
05-11-2009, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
Everyone is always ranked higher than us! So i am tried of arguing about that situation.

My point being that we were 3-7 last season. We shouldn't even be ranked. But we will be...oh we will be. :)

Bullaholic
05-11-2009, 04:58 PM
Talking about a respected poll... not a fan poll..
Nice try tho...

You got your District 2 pre-season ranking poll ready to go yet, Rocket? If so--throw it up here....

Pick6
05-11-2009, 04:59 PM
My point being that we were 3-7 last season. We shouldn't even be ranked. But we will be...oh we will be. :)

So what does that ranking get you besides a big target?

Rocket
05-11-2009, 05:00 PM

Yeah, sorry. You are too late.

Rocket
05-11-2009, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Pick6

It's just a respect thing. Nothing more. Rankings mean nothing.

Rocket
05-11-2009, 05:01 PM
You got your District 2 pre-season ranking poll ready to go yet, Rocket? If so--throw it up here....

here it is...

1. Brownwood

The rest doesn't matter.

Bullaholic
05-11-2009, 05:02 PM

Rankings are the embers from which fires start, Pick6, and as long as nobody gets burned permanently or seriously---they're fun to play with....:D

ccmom
05-11-2009, 05:03 PM

Ok, Rocky...I believe that the Lions will be in better shape this season with the addition of the Shipley's....both father and son. I've heard and read about Jaxon's (sp?) impressive speed and skills and I have no doubt that having an athlete like that on your team can really boost expectations. However, considering the first rate QB you guys had last season (and he definitely was that), surely you would agree that most of us are going to need to see PROOF that Shipley has put together a defense. Until then, Rocky, it's all talk, talk, talk. :D

Geez...that was exhausting. Can I just get back to being sassy, now?:rolleyes:

Pick6
05-11-2009, 05:03 PM
Rankings mean nothing.

If they mean nothing why do you keep bragging about them being ranked?

RedWhiteBlue
05-11-2009, 05:05 PM

You know.... in all seriousness... I agree. I have always thought pre-season polls and rankings are a joke. Put up or shut up.
But I do love listening to Rocket!!! Go, Rocket, Go!! Tell us how awesome the Lions are going to be next year......:doh:

Bullaholic
05-11-2009, 05:14 PM
My $.02 at this point----I think the District 2 title will be contested between Abilene Wylie and Graham, and I will know more about Graham after my Bulls play them---they moved the ball plenty against us last season and should do an even better job this season, especially with McCoy having another year under his belt. The rest of the District could be anyone's guess in my book. A lot of new coaches at some of these schools.

garciap77
05-11-2009, 05:19 PM
You know.... in all seriousness... I agree. I have always thought pre-season polls and rankings are a joke. Put up or shut up.
But I do love listening to Rocket!!! Go, Rocket, Go!! Tell us how awesome the Lions are going to be next year......:doh:

Go, Rocket, Go!!!http://www.geocities.com/sue_twin2/CheerleaderSmiley.gif Go, Rocket, Go!!! http://www.geocities.com/sue_twin2/CheerleaderSmiley.gif Go, Rocket, Go!!!http://www.geocities.com/sue_twin2/CheerleaderSmiley.gif

Thanks RM for the smiley!:)

RedWhiteBlue
05-11-2009, 05:22 PM
Go, Rocket, Go!!!http://www.geocities.com/sue_twin2/CheerleaderSmiley.gif Go, Rocket, Go!!! http://www.geocities.com/sue_twin2/CheerleaderSmiley.gif Go, Rocket, Go!!!http://www.geocities.com/sue_twin2/CheerleaderSmiley.gif

Thanks RM for the smiley!:)
I love it!!! Love those red & white pom poms!!! You go, girl... I mean, boy... I mean, smiley- thingy...

Looking4number8
05-11-2009, 06:14 PM
here it is...

1. Brownwood

The rest doesn't matter.
I love you man!!!

Lion_Addict
05-12-2009, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by ccmom
surely you would agree that most of us are going to need to see PROOF that Shipley has put together a defense. Until then, it's all talk, talk, talk. :D

All ya "Haters" will getcha "PROOF" soon. We're gonna BRING IT on both sides of the ball this season and leave NO doubt! The D will even be too much for those ummmmm...... "assists" in your back pockets. :evillol: :taunt: :stirpot:

garciap77
05-12-2009, 08:26 AM
All ya "Haters" will getcha "PROOF" soon. We're gonna BRING IT on both sides of the ball this season and leave NO doubt! The D will even be too much for those ummmmm...... "assists" in your back pockets. :evillol: :taunt: :stirpot:

I guess you are going to bring the wood again this year?

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/11135314-2.jpg

;)

LHexPlayer
05-12-2009, 08:27 AM

You could of just quoted yourself from the beginning of last season and saved yourself the typing trouble.

garciap77
05-12-2009, 08:31 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Lion_Addict
05-12-2009, 08:36 AM
I guess you are going to bring the wood again this year?

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/11135314-2.jpg

;)

If I could just see the durn pic here at work........:( :mad:

I'm sure it was good......... ;)

Lion_Addict
05-12-2009, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
You could of just quoted yourself from the beginning of last season and saved yourself the typing trouble.

"Trouble"?? Dude.......no trouble whatsoever. Can't wait to get your purple peeps in the WOOD this season too. Yawl has a spankin coming too.......:evillol: .
Now, maybe this time you'll getcha butt outta that seat and make it down for the M&G. But then again, scoreboard prolly won't be as friendly this year. :devil: :p

ccmom
05-12-2009, 08:53 AM

Again...it's all talk for now. And speaking of back pockets, that kind of talk sounds like it is coming from that general vacinity of your droopy "draws". :rolleyes: :taunt:

Lion_Addict
05-12-2009, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by ccmom
And speaking of back pockets, that kind of talk sounds like it is coming from that general vacinity of your droopy "draws". :rolleyes: :taunt:

Ya mean that "general vacinity" that your lil purple boys will be ending up on after they get knocked around by the Lions???

And leave my "no a$$" outta this!!! :p

ccmom
05-12-2009, 10:11 AM
Ya mean that "general vacinity" that your lil purple boys will be ending up on after they get knocked around by the Lions???

Actually, I was referring to the part you are likely to be sitting on when you make road trips in December to watch the teams that are still playing. You know...the purple teams. I believe you followed another purple team in December last year, even though a team from your own beloved district was still playing...but I'm not bitter.:mad: ;)

espn1
05-12-2009, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by solocam
Rocket speaks the truth ;) You can take it to the bank that Shipley will get the Job done, in football that is. Can't guarantee anything else! He'll predict a lot of W's this year for the Wood.

Looking4number8
05-12-2009, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by espn1
You can take it to the bank that Shipley will get the Job done, in football that is. Can't guarantee anything else! He'll predict a lot of W's this year for the Wood.

Thanks and you would know!

I was a huge backer of Freeman even when most everybody esle was kicking him while he was down. I did not think a town like Brownwood with our pay scale and all could upgrade from Freeman. For all the crap Freeman took, he is a great coach and we were very lucky to have him for as long as we did but I have to say, I think Shipley is an upgrade. I agree with ESPN that Shipley will get the job done!

garciap77
05-12-2009, 04:16 PM

Yeah, just like last year!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/qbsack-1.jpg

Sorry Lion_Addict, but you'll have to wait until you get home to see this! But, I have a feeling you aready know how the lions are going to be looking like after the lil purple boys are done with them!:D

;)

BEAST
05-12-2009, 04:17 PM
Hey lookin I hope you are right about the upgrade. The proof wont be what happens right now, the proof will be 3 or more years down the road. He has Freeman trained kids that he is putting his touch on. After say the current soph's get out of school we will see what his program has done. I truly hope you are right.

Hey Rocket, it is quite funny that not a single soul has yet to talk football. Instead they dog you and the rest of us Brownwood folks but wont enter into the talks you asked for.

BEAST

BEAST
05-12-2009, 04:18 PM
Yeah, just like last year!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/qbsack-1.jpg

Sorry Lion_Addict, but you'll have to wait until you get home to see this! But, I have a feeling you aready know how the lions are going to be looking like after the lil purple boys are done with them!:D

;)

That pic there was taken at Gordon Wood Stadium. A place yall have never one when facing the Lions.

BEAST

Ranger Mom
05-12-2009, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Hey lookin I hope you are right about the upgrade. The proof wont be what happens right now, the proof will be 3 or more years down the road. He has Freeman trained kids that he is putting his touch on. After say the current soph's get out of school we will see what his program has done. I truly hope you are right.

Hey Rocket, it is quite funny that not a single soul has yet to talk football. Instead they dog you and the rest of us Brownwood folks but wont enter into the talks you asked for.

BEAST

It's off season!!!

Talking about football too much right now hurts too bad.....we try to stay on frivolous topics!!

Looking4number8
05-12-2009, 04:24 PM
That pic there was taken at Gordon Wood Stadium. A place yall have never one when facing the Lions.

BEAST

Your right, and i dont think Casey even has the ball. Must have already thrown it for a TD and them purple guys were taking thier usual cheap shot

garciap77
05-12-2009, 04:25 PM

BEAST

lol I was hoping no one would catch that!:)

Looking4number8
05-12-2009, 04:26 PM
Hey lookin I hope you are right about the upgrade. The proof wont be what happens right now, the proof will be 3 or more years down the road. He has Freeman trained kids that he is putting his touch on. After say the current soph's get out of school we will see what his program has done. I truly hope you are right

Agreed!

garciap77
05-12-2009, 04:28 PM
Your right, and i dont think Casey even has the ball. Must have already thrown it for a TD and them purple guys were taking thier usual cheap shot

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/referee-cartoon1.jpg On Looking4number8! 15 yards! Wylie Ball!

Looking4number8
05-12-2009, 05:25 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/referee-cartoon1.jpg On Looking4number8! 15 yards! Wylie Ball!

sorry my purple friend... I could not help myself

LH Panther Mom
05-12-2009, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by espn1
You can take it to the bank that Shipley will get the Job done, in football that is. Can't guarantee anything else! He'll predict a lot of W's this year for the Wood.
Predict??????? So I guess we'll see/hear about measurements when it's 3rd & 3-4 again? :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

LH Panther Mom
05-12-2009, 05:51 PM

BEAST
How's this? :p Most of us were around "back in the day" when Jordan was tearing it up with McGee. Rumor has it that Jaxon is probably better :eek: than Jordan. Who does the 'Wood have that is going to replace Pachall? Oh, and the other 7'9.5 WR's? ;)

garciap77
05-12-2009, 06:28 PM
How's this? :p Most of us were around "back in the day" when Jordan was tearing it up with McGee. Rumor has it that Jaxon is probably better :eek: than Jordan. Who does the 'Wood have that is going to replace Pachall? Oh, and the other 7'9.5 WR's? ;)

7'9.5??? They were at least 9' by the end of the season!:D

;)

LH Panther Mom
05-12-2009, 06:32 PM

;)
Yeah, but we played them early on. :devil: :p

garciap77
05-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Yeah, but we played them early on. :devil: :p

That's not fair! :p

My gut feeling is that BW will win every game this year. Just my gut feeling!

:(

Looking4number8
05-13-2009, 08:06 AM

;)
Funny how you guys poke fun of Rocket when he said nobody could cover our two 6'4" recievers. Nobody did cover them... Those two guys whiped up on everybody and were fun to watch. As yall know, offense was not our problem.

garciap77
05-13-2009, 08:36 AM
Funny how you guys poke fun of Rocket when he said nobody could cover our two 6'4" recievers. Nobody did cover them... Those two guys whiped up on everybody and were fun to watch. As yall know, offense was not our problem.

They covered pretty good!

http://www.wyliesports.com/SportsImages/2008/Football/Varsity/101008%20Brownwood/index.htm

;)

STANG RED
05-13-2009, 09:04 AM
I to will need to see a little proof before jumping on THA WOOD bandwagon this year. I actually ranked the Lions #1 in a pre-season poll last year, which as we all know, ended up looking real stupid. I was half right however. They probably did have the best offense in the state. We on the other hand had a great defense and a pitiful offense, yet finished second in district, and got to the quarters. Which I think is proof positive, that a great D will get you much farther than a great O alone.
I do believe the Lions will be very tough to beat this season, if they can put together a solid D. But I'm going to have to see it first.

Sweetwater Red
05-13-2009, 09:08 AM

The reason everyone pokes fun at the two recievers is because
they grew two inches after every game. :doh:

BwdLions
05-13-2009, 09:27 AM

Just because the Steers played a great game against the Lions in 2008, don't get used to coming out on top in this matchup.

I guess several teams had their best game against the Lions in 2008. :p

BEAST
05-13-2009, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I to will need to see a little proof before jumping on THA WOOD bandwagon this year. I actually ranked the Lions #1 in a pre-season poll last year, which as we all know, ended up looking real stupid. I was half right however. They probably did have the best offense in the state. We on the other hand had a great defense and a pitiful offense, yet finished second in district, and got to the quarters. Which I think is proof positive, that a great D will get you much farther than a great O alone.
I do believe the Lions will be very tough to beat this season, if they can put together a solid D. But I'm going to have to see it first.

I totally agree with everything you said about Brownwood. Trust me when I tell you that the emphasis has been on the defense. The defense will be big, strong, and faster than many of the real good defenses I have seen here. The offense will still be real good, maybe not as good as last year, but still very capable of putting points on the board.

BEAST

Bullaholic
05-13-2009, 10:48 AM
I totally agree with everything you said about Brownwood. Trust me when I tell you that the emphasis has been on the defense. The defense will be big, strong, and faster than many of the real good defenses I have seen here. The offense will still be real good, maybe not as good as last year, but still very capable of putting points on the board.

BEAST

It's always good to hear from a fan who feels that their team is going to turn things around by correcting their most glaring weaknesses. But how can you say that the emphasis "has" been of the defense when 2-a-days don't start until Aug.? Will there be that many player-position changes on the Lion "D" next season? If not, how can they be that much bigger, stronger, and faster than last year, or better than prior glory-days Lion team D's?

Looking4number8
05-13-2009, 10:57 AM
But how can you say that the emphasis "has" been of the defense when 2-a-days don't start until Aug.?

Well.... all the recruiting we did were defensive players:)

Bullaholic
05-13-2009, 11:01 AM
Well.... all the recruiting we did were defensive players:)

Now that's funny, Looking---glad to see that you Brownwood folks have not lost your sense of humor. BTW--how did you steal em' from Celina? :D

BEAST
05-13-2009, 11:01 AM
It's always good to hear from a fan who feels that their team is going to turn things around by correcting their most glaring weaknesses. But how can you say that the emphasis "has" been of the defense when 2-a-days don't start until Aug.? Will there be that many player-position changes on the Lion "D" next season? If not, how can they be that much bigger, stronger, and faster than last year, or better than prior glory-days Lion team D's?

Your schools wait till 2 a days to practice football? We have a period during the day that by this point in the year they are outside putting all the phases of the team together.

There have been several move ins. Some with size, and some with speed. Plus, you must remember those 10 sophs and 1 fresh that were on varsity last year will now play a much bigger role as well as last years JV kids that won district with all those sophs on varsity. I understand you skepticism, but I am telling you, we will have a really good defense.

BEAST

Sweetwater Red
05-13-2009, 11:02 AM

Are you implying that they might be violating UIL rules by holding
organized practices?:eek:

BEAST
05-13-2009, 11:02 AM
Now that's funny, Looking---glad to see that you Brownwood folks have not lost your sense of humor. BTW--how did you steal em' from Celina? :D

No self respecting 16-18 year old boy want to wear orange.

BEAST

BEAST
05-13-2009, 11:03 AM
Are you implying that they might be violating UIL rules by holding
organized practices?:eek:

No, its the off season program.

BEAST

Bullaholic
05-13-2009, 11:15 AM
Your schools wait till 2 a days to practice football? We have a period during the day that by this point in the year they are outside putting all the phases of the team together.

There have been several move ins. Some with size, and some with speed. Plus, you must remember those 10 sophs and 1 fresh that were on varsity last year will now play a much bigger role as well as last years JV kids that won district with all those sophs on varsity. I understand you skepticism, but I am telling you, we will have a really good defense.

BEAST

No skepticism, here, but you have to remember that every team in the state of Texas is making the same kind of changes, and their kids will be more mature, also. I think the Lions will improve over last season, and I hope they do, after enduring that tough season last year, but I don't think they improve to the degree you are predicting. It will probably be a quantum leap as far as you Brownwood folks are concerned, but only time and early success out of the gate in that tough District 2 will be a true indicator.

Looking4number8
05-13-2009, 11:34 AM
No self respecting 16-18 year old boy want to wear orange.

BEAST

dang Beast... you beat me to it!

Looking4number8
05-13-2009, 11:40 AM
No skepticism, here, but you have to remember that every team in the state of Texas is making the same kind of changes, and their kids will be more mature, also. I think the Lions will improve over last season, and I hope they do, after enduring that tough season last year, but I don't think they improve to the degree you are predicting. It will probably be a quantum leap as far as you Brownwood folks are concerned, but only time and early success out of the gate in that tough District 2 will be a true indicator.

I agree with you bull. I do think we will make that leap to being a much better team.

But

I say this and I am ready for the back lash from both the opponents and Brownwood backers. As much as I think 4A is much much much tougher than 3A and always will be, I do think we as a community, parents, players and probably especially coaches under estimated 3A. We had a team that could have dominated last year but or defense was not prepared physically or mentally

Snydertigersrul
05-13-2009, 12:50 PM
here it is...

1. Brownwood

The rest doesn't matter.

MARK THIS DOWN

1. SNYDER
2. GRAHAM
3. WYLIE
4. SWEETWATER
5. BROWNWOOD
6. BRECKENRIDGE

garciap77
05-13-2009, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
MARK THIS DOWN

1. SNYDER
2. GRAHAM
3. WYLIE
4. SWEETWATER
5. BROWNWOOD
6. BRECKENRIDGE

Is your only loss going to be vs Wylie?:D

Snydertigersrul
05-13-2009, 12:54 PM
Is your only loss going to be vs Wylie?:D

We won't have any losses

BwdLions
05-13-2009, 01:05 PM
We won't have any losses

What make believe world do you live in?

BwdLions
05-13-2009, 01:06 PM
MARK THIS DOWN

1. SNYDER
2. GRAHAM
3. WYLIE
4. SWEETWATER
5. BROWNWOOD
6. BRECKENRIDGE

Oh don't worry, we'll remember your predictions. Here's the way it will play out:

1. Brownwood
2. Wylie
3. Sweetwater
4. Graham
5. Snyder
6. Breckenridge.

Bullaholic
05-13-2009, 01:09 PM
We won't have any losses

And Custer wasn't going to take any prisoners....

Sweetwater Red
05-13-2009, 01:11 PM

:clap: :D :clap:

There is a big statue of him on a horse in the middle of my home
town of Monroe, Michigan.:doh:

Bullaholic
05-13-2009, 01:14 PM
:clap: :D :clap:

There is a big statue of him on a horse in the middle of my home
town of Monroe, Michigan.:doh:

I've just GOT to go visit any town that put up a statue of STR on a horse. Was it a Mustang by any chance? :D :D

Heffelfinger
05-13-2009, 01:18 PM

BEAST

What's the longest tenure of Shipley at one school? Before you start looking too far down the road, you might want to consider this, or the graduation date of his youngest children.

grahampaw
05-13-2009, 01:40 PM
The way I see it ,Wylie takes one of the playoff spots ,maybe not first but I dont think they drop to forth.Breck will be last in district and will go winless.That leaves a dogfight between four teams for two spots much like last year.Last year our west Texas friends had there turn,this year Brownwood and Graham gets theirs.I hope.

BEAST
05-13-2009, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Heffelfinger
What's the longest tenure of Shipley at one school? Before you start looking too far down the road, you might want to consider this, or the graduation date of his youngest children.

You made my point exactly. Thats what I was getting at. We will do very good the next few years, after that, I think we may well be looking for a new HC.

BEAST

LionKing
05-13-2009, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Heffelfinger
What's the longest tenure of Shipley at one school? Before you start looking too far down the road, you might want to consider this, or the graduation date of his youngest children. No one knows how long a coach will stay at any school, many factors dictate that like winning and losing, how they get along with faculty, parents, fans, etc.... When a coach is normally hired, after putting his staff together, first thing he looks at is the Jr. High and putting his system in, after Shipley was hired, first thing he did was visit the Jr. High, he's looking down the road, just like any coach will do, doesn't mean he's gonna be there for 20 years, but it shows he's in it for the longer haul than till the ''last one '' graduates, and even at that he still could leave, but you have to look down the road regardless, Shipley wanted to come to Brownwood, no one forced him, he could have went anywhere he so desired, but he chose to come, Shipley is only the 6th head coach Brownwood has had in the last 50 years, how long he stays is probably up to him.

bwdlionfan
05-13-2009, 01:47 PM
You made my point exactly. Thats what I was getting at. We will do very good the next few years, after that, I think we may well be looking for a new HC.

BEAST

I think that depends on the success that he has here, and on family. Shipley has family in Brownwood that he may want to stay near.

BwdLion73
05-13-2009, 02:06 PM

...and he kept his word...I just can't believe that Snydertigersrule put us ahead of Breckenridge. :)

LH Panther Mom
05-13-2009, 05:51 PM
See what happens when folks "try" to talk football, BEAST? ;)

garciap77
05-13-2009, 05:59 PM
See what happens when folks "try" to talk football, BEAST? ;)

What the .............!:D

;)

Trashman
05-13-2009, 06:24 PM
Don't know if we will be first in district, but we will make the playoffs and our defense will be much better.:devil:

LH Panther Mom
05-13-2009, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Don't know if we will be first in district, but we will make the playoffs and our defense will be much better.:devil:
"Some" would fill that bill. ;)

BEAST
05-13-2009, 07:46 PM
"Some" would fill that bill. ;)

Yalls defense didnt exactly shut us down.

BEAST

LH Panther Mom
05-13-2009, 07:48 PM
Yalls defense didnt exactly shut us down.

BEAST
:p Hey I tried to talk legitimate football on another page, but got ignored, so I had to resort to other tactics. ;)

BEAST
05-13-2009, 07:58 PM
:p Hey I tried to talk legitimate football on another page, but got ignored, so I had to resort to other tactics. ;)

Gotcha:D

How is LH going to be this coming year?

BEAST

LH Panther Mom
05-13-2009, 08:06 PM
Gotcha:D

How is LH going to be this coming year?

BEAST
Those that survive off-season should be more than ready! ;) We're losing some pretty darn good kids, but the one certainty is that JV & crew always seem to find great replacements.

Snydertigersrul
05-13-2009, 09:22 PM
What make believe world do you live in?

We can play defense and WIN big games

LionKing
05-13-2009, 09:37 PM
We can play defense and WIN big games I didn't see much defense in the Snyder-Brownwood game from either team, so you must be in dream world.

Looking4number8
05-13-2009, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by LionKing
I didn't see much defense in the Snyder-Brownwood game from either team, so you must be in dream world.

STD... um I mean R, is always in his own little world

Rocket
05-13-2009, 10:06 PM
Ok OK Ok OK Ok Ok ok....

I read through all this mess. And am I right by saying Brownwood always runs up the biggest threads? Some things never change.

3A had no answer for the 2 7'0" WR's. Just like I predicted. We had no answer for any 3A offense. We made Graham look like the Dallas Cowboys. That will not happen again this year.

Liberty Hill is gonna catch many a butt whoopin' this season. Retribution draweth nigh...
Liberty Hill will dread playing the Shipley's just like they did back in the day.

Snydertigersrul? dude.

We got a surprise for all y'all at QB. Just wait and see.

Defense is gonna be big, fast, and strong. We will get our 4 stops a game and that is all we will need.

Offense will be on point rushing and passing. I didn't see a team last year that impressed me both ways. It was either one or the other. Mostly rushing. Time to incorporate PASSING. You know? Where you throw the ball to a WR? (then again our defense made everybody look great on offense).

Garcia...I love the emoticons of the cheerleaders... how sweet! Your best work yet.

BEAST, #8, Addict, Trash, LionKing and bwdlion. Brilliant.

Rocket
05-13-2009, 10:08 PM
We can play defense and WIN big games

Baseball?

LH Panther Mom
05-14-2009, 04:03 AM
Liberty Hill will dread playing the Shipley's just like they did back in the day.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :clap: :clap: Good one!

garciap77
05-15-2009, 11:51 PM
Ok OK Ok OK Ok Ok ok....

I read through all this mess. And am I right by saying Brownwood always runs up the biggest threads? Some things never change.

3A had no answer for the 2 7'0" WR's. Just like I predicted. We had no answer for any 3A offense. We made Graham look like the Dallas Cowboys. That will not happen again this year.

Liberty Hill is gonna catch many a butt whoopin' this season. Retribution draweth nigh...

Snydertigersrul? dude.

Defense is gonna be big, fast, and strong. We will get our 4 stops a game and that is all we will need.

Offense will be on point rushing and passing. I didn't see a team last year that impressed me both ways. It was either one or the other. Mostly rushing. Time to incorporate PASSING. You know? Where you throw the ball to a WR? (then again our defense made everybody look great on offense).

Garcia...I love the emoticons of the cheerleaders... how sweet! Your best work yet.

Ok Mr. Rocket! I going to put this to you in black and white!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/LVFB0927_CE_t2201.jpg

That is how it's going to be!:D

;)

Bullaholic
05-16-2009, 02:30 AM

Well, the Bulls know a thing or two about offense, Rocket. And we throw to EVERYBODY, not just the WR's, and our running wasn't too shabby last season, either. Ask Graham and some others. Would love to play the Lions next season and let you see the "El Toro" offense move the ball every way it can be moved in chunks.

BEAST
05-16-2009, 07:25 AM
Well, the Bulls know a thing or two about offense, Rocket. And we throw to EVERYBODY, not just the WR's, and our running wasn't too shabby last season, either. Ask Graham and some others. Would love to play the Lions next season and let you see the "El Toro" offense move the ball every way it can be moved in chunks.

Oh no. Not the dreaded El Torro. Please no. There isn't anything the el torro could show us that we haven't already seen. And if you think we only throw to the wideouts I am sure any of the LH fans will tell you we were more than happy to dump it off to the slot.

BEAST

LHexPlayer
05-16-2009, 09:32 AM

3A had no answer for the 2 7'0" WR's. Just like I predicted. We had no answer for any 3A offense.

Wrong again. Just about everyone had a answer for your 2 7'0" WR's, and that was to out score them. Two players will not beat a very good team. Try playing football for a full 4 quarters. Another season approaches and blah blah blah starting to sound like a broken record. Showing us all once again that Brownwood is the "broken record" capital of Texas. ;)

Bullaholic
05-16-2009, 09:38 AM
Oh no. Not the dreaded El Torro. Please no. There isn't anything the el torro could show us that we haven't already seen. And if you think we only throw to the wideouts I am sure any of the LH fans will tell you we were more than happy to dump it off to the slot.

BEAST

No other way to put this, Beast----Our offense was better than yours last season....Go back and look at the power ratings.

BEAST
05-17-2009, 08:39 AM
No other way to put this, Beast----Our offense was better than yours last season....Go back and look at the power ratings.

WRONG!!!!

We had the #1 offense in 3A. Top 10 offense in the State of Texas no matter the class.

BEAST

Daddy D 11
05-17-2009, 08:54 AM
Yes, Shipley beat Vance I think damn near everytime, but he also had a QB then that's now playing for the DALLAS COWBOYS and a son who plays at UT and caught anything and everything outta the sky.

He is a phenominal coach, but he won't have that kind of talent next year at Brownwood. And in all the games he beat us, he never shut us down. We just couldn't stop his DUO and they put up a ton of points.

So as far as defensive talent and schemes that are gonna stop LH, those won't be there. But the overall mindset that Shipley's teams bring into games will be there, and that in itself might help make the game a little better. But just like I told you guys last year and no one wanted to listen...LH will beat Brownwood. I'll bet my bottom dollar.

LH Panther Mom
05-17-2009, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
LH will beat Brownwood. I'll bet my bottom dollar.
:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

Bullaholic
05-17-2009, 09:45 AM
WRONG!!!!

We had the #1 offense in 3A. Top 10 offense in the State of Texas no matter the class.

BEAST

I won't get into one of those "My daddy can beat up your daddy" things, Beast, and somehow I don't think facts would change your opinion---and for your sake, I hope you don't have to dream up very many things next season.

Looking4number8
05-17-2009, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
LH will beat Brownwood. I'll bet my bottom dollar.

If the game is half as good as last years game, no matter which team wins, the fans definitely will win!!!

RedWhiteBlue
05-17-2009, 11:23 AM
Just because the Steers played a great game against the Lions in 2008, don't get used to coming out on top in this matchup.

I guess several teams had their best game against the Lions in 2008. :p
You know.... I have been a tad busy this last week and just got to read through all this crap..... What in the heck did I say to yank your chain??? Are you Rocket's Daddy or what?
And by the way---- I really don't give a rat's butt what we did against you last year....
The 2009 Season is coming and you better be ready... The 'boys' from Graham that you all liked to refer to last year are now the 'men' from Graham....:kiss:

Looking4number8
05-17-2009, 11:55 AM
You know.... I have been a tad busy this last week and just got to read through all this crap..... What in the heck did I say to yank your chain??? Are you Rocket's Daddy or what?
And by the way---- I really don't give a rat's butt what we did against you last year....
The 2009 Season is coming and you better be ready... The 'boys' from Graham that you all liked to refer to last year are now the 'men' from Graham....:kiss:

testy testy:confused:

RedWhiteBlue
05-17-2009, 12:13 PM
testy testy:confused:
Not much.... he started it with me... I was just giving my opinion about polls, rankings and such. I didn't say squat about last year, either. Rocket knows I love him. :D

Daddy D 11
05-17-2009, 12:29 PM
If the game is half as good as last years game, no matter which team wins, the fans definitely will win!!!

Very true.

RedWhiteBlue
05-17-2009, 03:00 PM
Ok OK Ok OK Ok Ok ok....

Snydertigersrul? dude.

And Rocket, baby- your Lions did a great job making yourselves look like the Detroit Lions.... will we be able to tell if you are from Brownwood or Detroit this year? Because man, last year most weeks it was REALLY hard to tell.... :kiss:

bwdlionfan
05-17-2009, 03:30 PM
And Rocket, baby- your Lions did a great job making yourselves look like the Detroit Lions.... will we be able to tell if you are from Brownwood or Detroit this year? Because man, last year most weeks it was REALLY hard to tell.... :kiss:

Are you saying Graham could beat the Detroit Lions?

Sweetwater Red
05-17-2009, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan

The Florida Gators w/ Tim Tebow is the only sub pro level football
team that could beat the Detroit Lions.

garciap77
05-17-2009, 10:39 PM
The Florida Gators w/ Tim Tebow is the only sub pro level football
team that could beat the Detroit Lions.

I bet BobcatBenny's Celina team can beat the Detroit Lions!:D

Sorry Red! But, you know Celina is the second best team in the USA; behind those Snyder Tigers!:D

RMAC
05-17-2009, 11:58 PM
I wonder what color the cool-aide is in Brownwo. . . EEEWWWW. I think I just threw up in my mouth a littte bit. . . And I did.:ack!: :taunt:

RedWhiteBlue
05-18-2009, 12:25 AM
Let me 'water' this down for you boys... sometimes I forget who I am talking to here..... He made the comment about how they made us look like the Dallas Cowboys....blah, blah, blah and I just was saying that Detroit was pretty pitiful so I was comparing his Lions to the Detroit Lions.....
GEEZ.... never mind.....:doh:

Trashman
05-18-2009, 08:20 PM
Let me 'water' this down for you boys... sometimes I forget who I am talking to here..... He made the comment about how they made us look like the Dallas Cowboys....blah, blah, blah and I just was saying that Detroit was pretty pitiful so I was comparing his Lions to the Detroit Lions.....
GEEZ.... never mind.....:doh:

Your neutered bulls will be no match for our Lions this season RW&B.:D :devil: :inlove:

garciap77
05-18-2009, 09:52 PM
Your neutered bulls will be no match for our Lions this season RW&B.:D :devil: :inlove:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Lion_Addict
05-19-2009, 08:43 AM

Ex-Tiger2005
05-19-2009, 10:47 AM
Sorry Red! But, you know Celina is the second best team in the USA; behind those Snyder Tigers!:D

:1popcorn: [/B][/QUOTE]

Thats right baby!

pirate4state
05-19-2009, 11:21 AM

So, why should anyone bother responding, right? :D

PERFECTION ROCKET! Learn it, love it, live it!

Good Luck

RedWhiteBlue
05-19-2009, 01:55 PM
AND I have certainly heard that one before......:doh: :rolleyes:

garciap77
05-19-2009, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

Good Luck

http://www.smilieland.com/graphics/smilepuke.gif

Trashman
05-19-2009, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
I wonder what color the cool-aide is in Brownwo. . . EEEWWWW. I think I just threw up in my mouth a littte bit. . . And I did.:ack!: :taunt:

Been drinking Brownwood Kool-Aid for over 30 years and lovin it! :inlove:

http://www.lockergnome.com/osx/files/2009/04/kool-aid.jpg

LH Panther Mom
05-19-2009, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

Good Luck
That's not fayer! :evillol: :evillol: ;)

Rocket
05-20-2009, 06:21 PM
That's not fayer! :evillol: :evillol: ;)

EXACTLY...

garciap77
05-20-2009, 10:01 PM
EXACTLY...

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-signs019.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

Rocket
05-26-2009, 02:18 PM
Garcia... :rolleyes:

garciap77
05-27-2009, 12:31 PM
Garcia... :rolleyes:
Rocket.......http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-signs037.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

WTF-82
05-28-2009, 12:56 AM

I just dont understand how a team like Brownwood with all that offensive talent they had last year could not put together 11 kids that could play defense. You guys have more kids than most 3 a schools and you were coming off competing in a tough 4-a district How could be that sorry on defense. I mean the woods offensive line was huge and the sideline looked huge couldnt some of those kids play some defense it just incredible schools like Monahans with community of 6,000 people at the most how they can find 11 kids that can play both ways if they have to and Brownwood former 4-a population 20,000 probably more I heard up to 30,000 can not find kids specially in a year were they had so much speed and talent. This is incredible its really hard to understand I have been around Football for a very long time And I was amazed at the woods defense this past season.

WTF-82
05-28-2009, 12:58 AM
I just dont understand how a team like Brownwood with all that offensive talent they had last year could not put together 11 kids that could play defense. You guys have more kids than most 3 a schools and you were coming off competing in a tough 4-a district How could you be that sorry on defense. I mean the woods offensive line was huge and the sideline looked huge couldnt some of those kids play some defense it just incredible schools like Monahans with community of 6,000 people at the most how they can find 11 kids that can play both ways if they have to and Brownwood former 4-a population 20,000 probably more I heard up to 30,000 can not find kids specially in a year were they had so much speed and talent. This is incredible its really hard to understand I have been around Football for a very long time And I was amazed at the woods defense this past season.

BwdLion_80
05-28-2009, 03:52 AM
You think it was hard for you to understand? You should have lived here!:confused: :thinking:

Lion_Addict
05-28-2009, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by BwdLion_80
You think it was hard for you to understand? You should have lived here!:confused: :thinking:

:ditto:

But '09 will be a whole NEW ballgame ;) ....... "Let's get it on"!!!

bwdlionfan
05-28-2009, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by ***-82
I just dont understand how a team like Brownwood with all that offensive talent they had last year could not put together 11 kids that could play defense. You guys have more kids than most 3 a schools and you were coming off competing in a tough 4-a district How could you be that sorry on defense. I mean the woods offensive line was huge and the sideline looked huge couldnt some of those kids play some defense it just incredible schools like Monahans with community of 6,000 people at the most how they can find 11 kids that can play both ways if they have to and Brownwood former 4-a population 20,000 probably more I heard up to 30,000 can not find kids specially in a year were they had so much speed and talent. This is incredible its really hard to understand I have been around Football for a very long time And I was amazed at the woods defense this past season.

30,000 people? Not since the days of Camp Bowie in the 40s. And the size of the town has nothing to do with fielding a team, the size of the high school would, and yes we are bigger than most 3A schools. I wondered a lot last year why we didn't sub some of our OL on the DL at some points in games. Then Graham actually did that to us in the 2nd half and shut us down after we ran and passed all over them in the 1st half.

Looking4number8
05-28-2009, 08:12 AM

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

garciap77
05-28-2009, 08:20 AM
30,000 people? Not since the days of Camp Bowie in the 40s. And the size of the town has nothing to do with fielding a team, the size of the high school would, and yes we are bigger than most 3A schools. I wondered a lot last year why we didn't sub some of our OL on the DL at some points in games. Then Graham actually did that to us in the 2nd half and shut us down after we ran and passed all over them in the 1st half.

I think Wylie has about 1,500 people and we had no problem with our defense!

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-forum/img.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

Trashman
05-28-2009, 08:39 AM

:iagree:

Rocket
05-28-2009, 11:37 AM
After this upcoming season is complete, The Brownwood Lions' 2008 Season will be long forgotten.

A WARNING: Don't sleep on the Mighty Brownwood Lions.

:sleeping:

:thumbsup:

LHexPlayer
05-28-2009, 11:39 AM
After this upcoming season is complete, The Brownwood Lions' 2008 Season will be long forgotten.

Rocket you are the ultimate optimist. How are things looking in spring ball? Is your dad still around there with the coaching staff.

BwdLions
05-28-2009, 02:06 PM
I think Wylie has about 1,500 people and we had no problem with our defense!

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-forum/img.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

You mean 1500 students in high school, don't you? :p

bwdlionfan
05-28-2009, 07:12 PM

Actually, does Wylie even have a city population? Isn't it just an ISD and not an incorporated community? The real Wylie, TX is just east of Plano and has a little over 20,000 people.

garciap77
05-28-2009, 10:03 PM

No, I mean 500 students in all grades in Abilene Wylie! Just ask Nobogey!:D

;)

garciap77
05-28-2009, 10:14 PM

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-merv/dj.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-merv/dj.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-merv/dj.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

It's going to be another early start!http://www.freesmileys.org/emoticons/emoticon-char-029.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)