PDA

View Full Version : Best Pickle?

Bullaholic
05-08-2009, 04:35 PM
Had to put the "Best Pickle" survey up since PPHSFan is hanging around fairly regularly now. He'll tell you Claussen, but I think he "cheats" with others now and then.

So what pickle is the best?

waterboy
05-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Vlasic suits me just fine.:clap:

PPHSfan
05-08-2009, 04:38 PM
As far as store bought, I think Clausen is the best.

Bullaholic
05-08-2009, 04:42 PM
Almost any good hot, garlic dill will do....

Sweet pickles are good if you have some sharp cheddar to go with them....

Been a long time since I tried one of those giant dills from the concession stand....

Antec
05-08-2009, 06:37 PM
Del Dicxie Sweet Jerkins skinny pickles ae good with sandwitches and chips

SintonFan
05-08-2009, 06:56 PM
I have come to appreciate Mt. Olive specialty pickles. I have an mild affinity for their jalapeno pickles.
The hottest I ever tried were some off-name brand I don't remember from that store that used to be at the Wal-Mart building in Sinton after Buds.:D
In a pinch for heat, the Van Holten brand sold in convenience stores aren't bad.
But overall, the best I can remember eating are the homemade ones sold from St. Anthony's Church(on SH 44, East of Robstown) during celebrations. Those crisp Polish, Kosher style pickles were the best I ever tasted!
Good topic!:)

Antec
05-08-2009, 08:00 PM
My mom and grandmothers canned homemade pickles when I was kid

They grew dill in the garden along with onions

They put a small red pepper and clove of garlic in them too.

The good ole days are gone

coach
05-08-2009, 08:14 PM
the one benny the jet rodriquez was in in the classic Sandlot

Maroon87
05-08-2009, 09:08 PM
Del Dixie Hot Dills.

Maroon87
05-08-2009, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Antec
My mom and grandmothers canned homemade pickles when I was kid

They grew dill in the garden along with onions

They put a small red pepper and clove of garlic in them too.

The good ole days are gone

Mine too...I loved those pickles.

44INAROW
05-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Store bought, I'd go with Vlasic.
Homemade would have to be "Hot, Sweet, "Candied" Pickles. They are delicious.. Made with regular dill pickles, cut into spears, then you layer the spears in a large jar with a teaspoon of red pepper flakes, about a cup of sugar, toe of peeled garlic and pickle spears. Repeat the layering process until the jar is full. Then close the lid tightly and put in the fridge and turn it upside down every 3 days for 21 to 28 days. Oh and you can reuse the juice a couple times. Just cut the pickles and place in the juice and let it sit for 2 weeks.

SintonFan
05-08-2009, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Store bought, I'd go with Vlasic.
Homemade would have to be "Hot, Sweet, "Candied" Pickles. They are delicious.. Made with regular dill pickles, cut into spears, then you layer the spears in a large jar with a teaspoon of red pepper flakes, about a cup of sugar, toe of peeled garlic and pickle spears. Repeat the layering process until the jar is full. Then close the lid tightly and put in the fridge and turn it upside down every 3 days for 21 to 28 days. Oh and you can reuse the juice a couple times. Just cut the pickles and place in the juice and let it sit for 2 weeks.
sorry
i am wiping up the drool while i post this
gonna try this recipe
any more 44???????????:D

44INAROW
05-08-2009, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
sorry
i am wiping up the drool while i post this
gonna try this recipe
any more 44???????????:D

I do have a good Banana Pudding recipe that uses Sweetened Condensed Milk.. I'll find it and post later

trojan37
05-08-2009, 10:52 PM
fried pickles.....yum.

SintonFan
05-08-2009, 11:03 PM
I do have a good Banana Pudding recipe that uses Sweetened Condensed Milk.. I'll find it and post later
Am I ever gonna make it to one of your Family's fish fry's...
*the rest deleted because of lack of paper towels now*
:D

Trashman
05-09-2009, 04:07 PM
Best Maid

http://www.bestmaidproducts.com/images/80154_w.jpg

Blastoderm55
05-09-2009, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Best Maid

http://www.bestmaidproducts.com/images/80154_w.jpg

:iagree:

LH_Tuff
05-09-2009, 06:28 PM
Packo's Sweet Hot Pickles. Best I have ever had. Hard to find, but available online.

GetRDoneStangs
05-09-2009, 07:40 PM
Sometimes brand names really don't matter!!....:D :D :D

http://rlv.zcache.com/i_love_pickles_tshirt-p2352842553349389873mxv_525.jpg

PPHSfan
05-09-2009, 08:02 PM
Can't believe anyone would eat Best Made or Vlassic when there are Claussens at almost every grocery store. That's like preferring a ford to a ferrari.

Trashman
05-10-2009, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Can't believe anyone would eat Best Made or Vlassic when there are Claussens at almost every grocery store. That's like preferring a ford to a ferrari.

Why would any true, God Fearing Texan, want to drive a POS ferrari. When a Ford truck is available?:rolleyes:

sinton66
05-10-2009, 08:00 AM
Why would any true, God Fearing Texan, want to drive a POS ferrari. When a Ford truck is available?:rolleyes: :iagree: :2thumbsup

Blastoderm55
05-10-2009, 09:54 AM

Because we can have way more Fords in exchange for that Ferrari.

Farmersfan
05-10-2009, 10:12 AM
http://www.minutelynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/kellie-pickler-plastic-surgery.jpg

STANG RED
05-10-2009, 01:15 PM
For some reason, just the thought of pickles makes my mouth water. I'll almost slobber when going down the pickle isle in the grocery store. Is this just me, or does this happen to others as well?

Just give me some good ol Best Maid pickle spears, with a good chopped brisket sandwich and sweet Texas 1015 onion, and I'm in heaven.

Trashman
05-10-2009, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
For some reason, just the thought of pickles makes my mouth water. I'll almost slobber when going down the pickle isle in the grocery store. Is this just me, or does this happen to others as well?

Just give me some good ol Best Maid pickle spears, with a good chopped brisket sandwich and sweet Texas 1015 onion, and I'm in heaven.

:2thumbsup

PPHSfan
05-11-2009, 01:44 PM
Why would any true, God Fearing Texan, want to drive a POS ferrari. When a Ford truck is available?:rolleyes:

If you think the Ford F-150 is a good truck then you need to do a side by side comparison with a Nissan Titan, from the rear-view mirror to the tailgate. There is not one single component on the Ford that is not made better on the Nissan. It does not please me in the least to say this, because I'm a red white and blue American, but the Ford is a hunk of junk compared to the Japanese truck if you remove your biased eye-wear when you compare them.

espn1
05-11-2009, 02:44 PM
Boar's Head!

Diocletian
05-11-2009, 07:36 PM
I tried deep fried pickles once...didn't like them.

I'd say there's nothing better than a freshly sliced dill over some smoked hamburger meat.

Ranger Mom
05-11-2009, 10:03 PM

Is that the one with cool whip, instant vanilla (or banana) pudding, condensed milk, bananas and nilla wafers??

I make that all the time, my family prefers it over the cooked on the stove kind!

sinton66
05-11-2009, 10:13 PM
If you think the Ford F-150 is a good truck then you need to do a side by side comparison with a Nissan Titan, from the rear-view mirror to the tailgate. There is not one single component on the Ford that is not made better on the Nissan. It does not please me in the least to say this, because I'm a red white and blue American, but the Ford is a hunk of junk compared to the Japanese truck if you remove your biased eye-wear when you compare them.

Blah, blah. The only thing better than a Ford truck is the next bigger Ford truck, despite what pickle you choose.:D

Old Green
05-11-2009, 10:33 PM
Claussen pickles are the best:cheerl: :2thumbsup

PPHSfan
05-12-2009, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
Blah, blah. The only thing better than a Ford truck is the next bigger Ford truck, despite what pickle you choose.:D

Fords Big trucks are fine automobiles. Of course, the Japanese don't make anything bigger than a half ton pickup right now.:D