PDA

View Full Version : Ingram Job

gmoney
05-08-2009, 11:44 AM
Old Coach says Ingram Head Football is Open?
Any thoughts on who will get this one???????

Pick6
05-08-2009, 11:48 AM
Only good thing about that job is the location.

Super_R
05-08-2009, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by gmoney
Any thoughts on who will get this one???????

Someone with bad luck.

Old Dog
05-08-2009, 05:12 PM
Sorry to say it, but the whole community probably needs an adjustment in their way of thinking before any coach has a fighting chance..

ronwx5x
05-08-2009, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Old Dog
Sorry to say it, but the whole community probably needs an adjustment in their way of thinking before any coach has a fighting chance..

Ingram football has been less than sterling for a long time. Anyone with insight as to why? I love the hill country, but not sure Ingram is where I want to be if they don't care for high school football!

RiverRat19
05-08-2009, 09:17 PM
The ITM football program has been in decline for a very long time after having a tradition of success. They may or may not have enough talent as in the past or presently to be competitive and win but like someone else stated, there's an attitude adjustment the entire community needs to commit to before there will be any improvement. The changes in the coaching staff over the last few years could help but that's only part of the equation.

I know a few folks close to the situation (I am not) and know that everyone WANTS improvement, but not everyone who's involved wants to do what its going to take to improve.

If it is open, the HC hopefully saw something that made him decided it was in the best interest of him and his family to leave on his own terms versus being asked/told to leave due to problems- real or perceived.

4th & short
05-27-2009, 11:46 AM
Anymore news on this thing. I have heard nothing good about it.

rhs78
05-27-2009, 09:17 PM
Coaches interviewing at Ingram are:

Vincent Brown-Jacksboro
Marcus Booker-Cotulla
Lin Havron-Comfort- Accepted 2-A Kenedy job today.
Sam Callis-Kingsville
Charles Bunch-San Angelo

wildstangs
05-27-2009, 09:43 PM
Bunch took the Gorman job a couple of days ago. Gorman hired a guy from Ganado a month or so ago, and he only stayed 9 days before returning to Ganado.

oline09
05-28-2009, 06:35 AM
They should give it to Booker!!! He did a great job at Cotulla.

4th & short
05-28-2009, 08:08 AM
Is this job really that bad? Do they have any athletes in any sport?

4th & short
05-28-2009, 11:17 AM
Why? What makes it that bad?

LH Panther Mom
05-28-2009, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by 4th & short
Is this job really that bad? Do they have any athletes in any sport?
They had 2-3 pretty darn good years in basketball and had 2-3 kids make the regional track meet this year. For several years, they've had very low participation, particularly in football. :(

44INAROW
05-29-2009, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
They had 2-3 pretty darn good years in basketball and had 2-3 kids make the regional track meet this year. For several years, they've had very low participation, particularly in football. :(
that's a shame - maybe they'll get the right coaching combo in there and change it around. Hate to see teams continually be the "whipping boy" of the district :(

LH Panther Mom
05-29-2009, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
that's a shame - maybe they'll get the right coaching combo in there and change it around. Hate to see teams continually be the "whipping boy" of the district :(
I hoped the coach who just left would stick around long enough to start to build some type of program. From what I heard, he was making baby-steps toward getting them turned around. I think there's honestly more than lack of participation going on, and of course lack of success doesn't really help that.

4th & short
06-01-2009, 04:19 PM
any word?

oline09
06-10-2009, 04:42 PM
Hire Booker!!!!