PDA

View Full Version : TV Land Channel Going Under

Antec
05-07-2009, 08:20 PM
Wife told me she heard TV Land Channel is going down and losing tons of money

Used to be a great channel way back when now all t hey show is Hogans Heroes, Beverly Hillbiilies, Cosby Show, Green Acres Andy Griffith etc

You can only watch the repeats over and over again for only so long.

They need to run shows like McHales Navy, Leave It To Beaver, Addams Family, Muensters, Dobbie Gillis etc

sinton66
05-07-2009, 09:15 PM
and the Red Skelton Show.;)

zebrablue2
05-07-2009, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Antec

Used to be a great channel way back when now all t hey show is Hogans Heroes, Beverly Hillbiilies, Cosby Show, Green Acres Andy Griffith etc

They need to run shows like McHales Navy, Leave It To Beaver, Addams Family, Muensters, Dobbie Gillis etc

Add Gomer Pyle- Make Room for Daddy- Touched by an Angel- Dick Van Dyke..

waterboy
05-08-2009, 10:21 AM
Which is sad. If they would stick to the old shows with more variety, I think they'd be okay financially. Instead of showing the same reruns all week long they should mix the shows up a bit. That's why I usually only watch TVLand one night a week. They could show more syndicated shows such as Mr. Ed, Newhart, Red Skelton, The Honeymooners, Three's Company, Hawaii 5-0, Carol Burnett Show, and a few others to add more variety. I don't like the new shows they have come up with. They need to stick to family-oriented programming to keep me interested.......but that's just me.

PhiI C
05-09-2009, 11:43 AM
and the Steve Allen Show and You Bet Your Life with Groucho Marx, etc.

Reds fan
05-09-2009, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
TVLand is becoming like MTV. They're getting away from the old shows and started showing reality shows, concept shows, documentaries, etc...

The "reality show" crud is what will drive TVLand right down (off) the tube. That stuff is not what folks that turned to TVLand wanted. TV nostalgia is what made their programming good.

Diocletian
05-10-2009, 05:17 AM
I love to record the 3rd rock from the sun episodes from TV Land.

This is sad news, I wonder if it had anything to do with ridiculous High School Reunion show they aired...

BreckTxLonghorn
05-11-2009, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Antec

Dobie Gillis used to show on Nick at Night!! Leave it to Beaver too...those were awesome.

garciap77
05-11-2009, 12:30 PM
And

I dream of Jeannie

Green Acres

duckhunter
05-11-2009, 03:07 PM
dragnet and wagon train were the bomb.....

Txbroadcaster
05-12-2009, 09:16 PM
not sure where she heard they were going under..I know they announced roseanne coming to the channel in June

They are owned by Viacom so they are not on their own or owned by an individual

Phantom Stang
05-13-2009, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
and the Red Skelton Show.;)
:ditto:

:2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup