PDA

View Full Version : Pitbull Dilemma

mustang04
05-07-2009, 05:41 PM
not trying to make anyone like the breeds....you can hate whatever breed you want because that is your choice....I love Pit-bulls, have had nothing but good experiences with them, you can throw whatever stats around ya want, whether they support or bash the breeds that make up the Pit-bull family, but stats mean nothing to people who have had personal experiences, good or bad

Obviously, pit-bulls are a popular breed in America, among several different kinds of owners. Pit-bulls who just "snap" more than likely were abused, starved, or inbred. Many breeders know the popularity of the breed and stupidly will breed brothers and sisters for a profit making inbred offspring that, just like humans tend to be, come out 'retarded'. If someone gets a pure-bred pitbull as a pup, socializes him with every one and everything, he will be an amazing dog. Pit-bulls are the most loyal dogs (something that I have read in COUNTLESS dog owner books)...but thats just the thing, they are so loyal that once they are raised in an environment, anything that was not introduced is a potential threat to their owner in the pit-bulls eyes....we have 2 pitbulls on my ranch that are way 2 different dogs...both are amazing dogs around the family, but the female is very suspicious of strangers and will watch every move they make with her ears perked up just making sure no one makes a wrong move to anyone in my family...but once that person comes around more, she warms up to them. The male, on the other hand, loves EVERYONE and EVERYTHING. When he was a pup I took him everywhere, my dad took him to work, my friends all have fallen in love with him. One day some kids had their rotweiller on the lake-road outside the entrance to our ranch, our dog went down there tail wagging to play, (we saw him trotting that direction) then we heard the kids yelling and screaming and heard the dogs getting into it....when we asked the kids what happened they said OUR dog jumped theirs which i was suspicious they were lying, and i told them "Buster loves playing with other dogs and he has never attacked any other dog he's confronted"...after that they said ".....oh...he doesnt?!?!" and you could tell by the way they said that that they had lied and then they apologized and left.......

bottom line.....if you're going to own a pitbull in town, you better socialize it with babies, elder ppl, hispanics, blacks, whites, and other animals...that way it will be more welcoming of those because like I said they are EXTREMELY loyal and ready to defend their home and owner....it is wise to get a pup from a more known breeder...sry but getting a pitbull pup from any kind of trash is asking for one thats probably inbred...treat it well, give it affection, and you will be rewarded with the most amazing dog breed ever....they are very smart, very instinctive, very athletic, very playful, and have a high pain tolerance which makes them GREAT around kids.....but if you raise it secluded from other ppl or animals than it is going to be cautious of anything, making it a GREAT guard dog, but ya better be living in a rural area and not a residential area.......

IT IS THE RESPONSIBILTY OF THE OWNERS AND HOW THEY RAISE THE DOG!!!!!

Every pit (except inbred) has the potential to be a great dog...and those of you who say the only good one is a dead one..you have done nothing but shown your ignorance and I actually pity you because if you are THIS closed minded about pitbulls, i'm willing to bet youre closed minded about several othr things and are probably someone no one likes to debate with because you are biased with skewered facts

Pick6
05-07-2009, 05:48 PM

SintonFan
05-07-2009, 05:51 PM
I advocate the freedom to choose what kind of dog to raise. Nothing more.
Freedom and Liberty is essential to the very foundation of this Great Country.
Take an honest look at "potential harm" and if you want to go down that road you would have to ban Rottweilers(several deaths caused by that breed, too) . Do we want to go down that road?

mustang04
05-07-2009, 05:54 PM
deleted by request

mustang04
05-07-2009, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan

Take an honest look at "potential harm" and if you want to go down that road you would have to ban Rottweilers(several deaths caused by that breed, too) . Do we want to go down that road?

Exactly.....potential harm.....alcohol, dangerous jobs, etc. etc....some ppl just like having something to gripe about....

what is really funny..... i bet alot of the people on here who say all pits should be banned because of the few deaths (dont get me wrong, I am sympathetic for the families of victims) probably drink (any amount), and I am willing to bet alcohol has caused more deaths in the past year than pitbulls have in the history of their existence

Pick6
05-07-2009, 06:01 PM
Out of respect for RM, I'm going to delete my response to this thread. She closed the other thread for a reason. There was no reason to start another one.

mustang04
05-07-2009, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Out of respect for RM, I'm going to delete my response to this thread. She closed the other thread for a reason. There was no reason to start another one.

Yeah yeah:rolleyes:

You know I'm right that they were never bred to harm humans...it's ok tho, I won't tell anyone else that you posted:cool:

Pick6
05-07-2009, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
Yeah yeah:rolleyes:

You know I'm right that they were never bred to harm humans...it's ok tho, I won't tell anyone else that you posted:cool:

Respect is obviously something you need to learn.

Your ignorance is showing again, anyone can look on this thread and see that I posted something. :rolleyes:

mustang04
05-07-2009, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Respect is obviously something you need to learn.

Your ignorance is showing again, anyone can look on this thread and see that I posted something. :rolleyes:

Oh I know plenty about respect...and if you can't tell I was being sarcastic, then you LITERALLY need to quit taking things so literal.

So, please enlighten me....on what, exactly, am I being ignorant on???

PPHSfan
05-07-2009, 06:42 PM
Here's my thought.

I think anyone who owns a dog that weighs over five pounds should live on at least ten acres of land. And I think anything less than five pounds is not really a dog. Dogs don't belong in the city. If you want protection get a friggin gun.:D

Farmersfan
05-07-2009, 07:36 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mustang04
[B]not trying to make anyone like the breeds....you can hate whatever breed you want because that is your choice....I love Pit-bulls, have had nothing but good experiences with them, you can throw whatever stats around ya want, whether they support or bash the breeds that make up the Pit-bull family, but stats mean nothing to people who have had personal experiences, good or bad

You own 2 pit bulls and you consider yourself an expert????? Perhaps YOU have had good dealings with Pit Bulls but a lot of people haven't. If you want companionship-any breed can do that. If you want hunting dogs-you can get hunting dogs. No matter what you want from a dog you can get it from any number of breeds that DON'T pose a risk.(regardless of how small you think it is). Nobody can deny the history of Pit Bulls. Nobody can deny that Pit Bulls have killed more people than any other breed. That should be enough for anyone.

Farmersfan
05-07-2009, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
Every pit (except inbred) has the potential to be a great dog...and those of you who say the only good one is a dead one..you have done nothing but shown your ignorance and I actually pity you because if you are THIS closed minded about pitbulls, i'm willing to bet youre closed minded about several othr things and are probably someone no one likes to debate with because you are biased with skewered facts [/B]

I guess it's a good thing that it's easy to tell the good ones from the bad ones!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

SintonFan
05-07-2009, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mustang04
[B]not trying to make anyone like the breeds....you can hate whatever breed you want because that is your choice....I love Pit-bulls, have had nothing but good experiences with them, you can throw whatever stats around ya want, whether they support or bash the breeds that make up the Pit-bull family, but stats mean nothing to people who have had personal experiences, good or bad

You own 2 pit bulls and you consider yourself an expert????? Perhaps YOU have had good dealings with Pit Bulls but a lot of people haven't. If you want companionship-any breed can do that. If you want hunting dogs-you can get hunting dogs. No matter what you want from a dog you can get it from any number of breeds that DON'T pose a risk.(regardless of how small you think it is). Nobody can deny the history of Pit Bulls. Nobody can deny that Pit Bulls have killed more people than any other breed. That should be enough for anyone.
But that limits anybody's freedom to choose a breed. What has changed recently that leads good folks to want to ban a whole breed?
I don't consider myself an expert but I think I have more experience than most when it comes to dogs in their own environment and outside.
Sorry RM.
:(