PDA

View Full Version : Question For Coaches....

Bullaholic
05-07-2009, 01:22 PM
Who do you think has more influence over the way you do things---School Boards, Superintendents, Principals, AD's (If appicable), Parents, Fans, or Players?

pirate4state
05-07-2009, 01:59 PM
Can't wait to see which coach answers first! :evilgrin:

Bullaholic
05-07-2009, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Can't wait to see which coach answers first! :evilgrin:

I may be asking a little too much and asking them to hit a little too close to home---which I can understand.

cr180t
05-07-2009, 02:32 PM
All of the above..;)

pirate4state
05-07-2009, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I may be asking a little too much and asking them to hit a little too close to home---which I can understand. I am disappointed you left out the booster club, but I guess that would fall under "fans", but we have a club and everything! ;)

Bullaholic
05-07-2009, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I am disappointed you left out the booster club, but I guess that would fall under "fans", but we have a club and everything! ;)

Good point, P4S...

cr180t
05-07-2009, 04:46 PM
In my opinion it is the athletes i your program. They must be taken care of first. They take your program home to you r parents then they take it on to the community. I guess you are asking which needs to be the strongest first. Is that what you are asking?

LH Panther Mom
05-07-2009, 05:27 PM
If any of them answer "parents" have the most influence, I'm taking names. :devil: ;)

SintonFan
05-07-2009, 05:33 PM
Par....
!!!:eek:
Parts?
yeah! that's the ticket!

Additup
05-08-2009, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
By gawd, I'll step up to this one.
If my AD is also my HC, then he's probably the biggest influence b/c it's his program and if Im not on board with his philosophy then I need to leave.
Other than that, I coach the same everywhere I go and no matter who the kids are. Kids are kids no matter where they are, so once you figure out how to influence one you've got that covered. Parents, fans, administration(you know why administrators wear ties, right?), and school boards can all listen to the game on the radio for all I care.
Pretty right on the money. Previous coaches worked with also have a big influence on the philosophy of the way things need to be done.
Supt and principal usually have a big influence on whether or not a job is worth having.

GrTigers6
05-08-2009, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Who do you think has more influence over the way you do things---School Boards, Superintendents, Principals, AD's (If appicable), Parents, Fans, or Players? I would like to add to that and say I get tired of hearing that a certain kid is playing because his or her parents are Superintendents or School Board Members.I know it happens in some cases and thats not right. But don't use that as an excuse when your son or daughter is not playing as much as you expect.. If a coach does give favors then he or she isn't much of a coach. Thats my opinion anyway
Not that I would get an answer but it would be interesting to know if any coaches were pressured by Supers' or School Board members.:thinking:

ol country boy
05-08-2009, 07:44 AM
The way I coach is based on the influences in my life.

1. Coaches that coached me & taught me a lot about the profession.

2. Another is my first head coach that I worked for. Worked for him for 3 years. He took time to teach me a lot and when we moved he asked me to go with him. Like ETB said if you do not share the same philosophy as your boss then you need to leave.

Bone Pile
05-08-2009, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
I would like to add to that and say I get tired of hearing that a certain kid is playing because his or her parents are Superintendents or School Board Members.I know it happens in some cases and thats not right. But don't use that as an excuse when your son or daughter is not playing as much as you expect.. If a coach does give favors then he or she isn't much of a coach. Thats my opinion anyway
Not that I would get an answer but it would be interesting to know if any coaches were pressured by Supers' or School Board members.:thinking:

The Columbus BB coach played his kid ALL the time for the last 3-4 years and he could not catch a cold. Never out of the game while better players sat. HAHA he even made all state 3rd team 1st baseman. What a joke. Go figure.