PDA

View Full Version : Manny, Manny, Man...

pirate4state
05-07-2009, 10:53 AM
Report: Manny faces 50-game penalty
Comment Email Print Share
ESPN.com news services

Major League Baseball is expected to announce Thursday that Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Manny Ramirez has tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs and will be suspended for 50 games, The Los Angeles Times is reporting.

Ramirez's suspension is expected to be announced Thursday, The Times said.

Triple-A outfielder Xavier Paul has been told by the Dodgers that he will be promoted later today, according to The Times.

LINK (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4148907&campaign=rss&source=twitter&ex_cid=Twitter_espn_4148907)

trojan37
05-07-2009, 10:59 AM
http://www.wildnatureimages.com/images%202/040428-009..jpg

Sweetwater Red
05-07-2009, 11:11 AM
I bet DDBooger is not happy. Manny is on his 3ADL fantasy BB team.:doh: :D

TexasHSFootball
05-07-2009, 11:29 AM
Manny Ramirez gone for 50 games ... couldn't have happened to a nicer guy

crzyjournalist03
05-07-2009, 11:31 AM
Holy cow...I'm stunned!

pirate4state
05-07-2009, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Holy cow...I'm stunned!

I'm really bummed. :(

Twirling Time
05-07-2009, 11:39 AM
It's just Manny being Manny. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

waterboy
05-07-2009, 11:40 AM
:thinking: Hmmmmm......I guess that could explain his erratic behavior.:thinking: I'm really not surprised at all.

kaorder1999
05-07-2009, 11:40 AM
and hes already playing the "i didnt know what the doctor gave me" card....wow

block&tackle
05-07-2009, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
and hes already playing the "i didnt know what the doctor gave me" card....wow
This might be the one time I believe that excuse - Manny is not a bright guy...to say the least.

Electus Unus
05-07-2009, 01:03 PM
makes you think....who really is juicing and hasn't gotten caught?

Keith7
05-07-2009, 01:11 PM
Its funny because after you find out these guys did roids, you can look back and it seems obvious that these guys did roids.

I think a few more will come out before this will all be over. Some people I would suspect:

Mark Teixeira
Albert Pujols
Alfonso Soriano
Kerry Wood
Josh Hamilton
Miguel Cabrera
Pudge
Johan Santana
Pedro
David Ortiz

Txbroadcaster
05-07-2009, 01:15 PM
Being reported it is not a Roid and it was a medicine that was prescribed to him by a doctor

Keith7
05-07-2009, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Being reported it is not a Roid and it was a medicine that was prescribed to him by a doctor

I just said roid because its easier to type than performance enhancing drug

Txbroadcaster
05-07-2009, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
I just said roid because its easier to type than performance enhancing drug

LOL I did not mean that to you, just was posting wht I read

Peter Gammon is saying he does not believe it is anything performance enhancing but just a personal medical issue that Manny and the Doc did not make sure was ok to take

kaorder1999
05-07-2009, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
LOL I did not mean that to you, just was posting wht I read

Peter Gammon is saying he does not believe it is anything performance enhancing but just a personal medical issue that Manny and the Doc did not make sure was ok to take

it was reported earlier as a performance enancing drug

kaorder1999
05-07-2009, 01:33 PM
"....the drug used by Ramirez is hCG -- human chorionic gonadotropin. HCG is a women's fertility drug typically used by steroid users to restart their body's natural testosterone production as they come off a steroid cycle. It is similar to Clomid, the drug Bonds, Giambi and others used as clients of BALCO."

"...A source with intimate knowledge of steroids told ESPN that a male athlete usually uses HCG after a cycle of steroids because steroids often shut down the testosterone-making ability of the testicles. HCG restores their capacity to make testosterone. The source said that some males may use HCG in lieu of steroids also. HCG by itself can provide a substantial boost in the bodies own testosterone, and this may provide some performance-enhancement benefits."

crzyjournalist03
05-07-2009, 01:38 PM

Josh Hamilton

If he did, that would be the most shocking person in all of baseball to me. He's been very open about the numerous things that he did take, so I don't know why he'd try to hide that he had taken a steroid. After all of his suspensions for drugs, steroids would hardly make a blip on his radar.

He's absolutely not taking them since he got back into baseball. He's tested three times a week for any type of drug use as part of his routine since he's been allowed back. So if he took them, it would have been before he started playing again.

Txbroadcaster
05-07-2009, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
it was reported earlier as a performance enancing drug

yea I had read that to, I was just saying what Gammon was saying on TV

coach
05-07-2009, 01:55 PM
what was a bigger surprise....manny or rafael palmerio

Keith7
05-07-2009, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
If he did, that would be the most shocking person in all of baseball to me. He's been very open about the numerous things that he did take, so I don't know why he'd try to hide that he had taken a steroid. After all of his suspensions for drugs, steroids would hardly make a blip on his radar.

He's absolutely not taking them since he got back into baseball. He's tested three times a week for any type of drug use as part of his routine since he's been allowed back. So if he took them, it would have been before he started playing again.

he would be the least likely of the people I listed to do them, I think.. I only listed him because he sort of fits the mold. Exceptional growth, injury plagued, plus a prior history of drug use. But he does appear to have everything cleaned up so I doubt he uses them

Ex-Tiger2005
05-07-2009, 03:04 PM
im hoping its not any type of roid because i will be bummed to the max

Lt. Maverick
05-07-2009, 03:06 PM
who cares....god he used them...booo hooo go cry to the mirror....I wanna see some bum take some performance enhancer and then try to hit a 95 MPH fastball....or a bodybuilder try to hit a homerun off a MLB pitcher......why was it ok for Hamilton to be a druggie and come back and noone disses the man but people want to ban you from the sport if your trying to do a better job..or for some keep or job.

garciap77
05-07-2009, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
http://www.wildnatureimages.com/images%202/040428-009..jpg

:fnypost:

kaorder1999
05-07-2009, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Lt. Maverick
who cares....god he used them...booo hooo go cry to the mirror....I wanna see some bum take some performance enhancer and then try to hit a 95 MPH fastball....or a bodybuilder try to hit a homerun off a MLB pitcher......why was it ok for Hamilton to be a druggie and come back and noone disses the man but people want to ban you from the sport if your trying to do a better job..or for some keep or job.

if Hamilton was busted right now for using drugs he would get the same boo's

XtremeCouture
05-07-2009, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Lt. Maverick
because they are cheating in order to make more money. use your brain before you rant.

coach
05-07-2009, 07:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNQRfBAzSzo

forum_guy
05-07-2009, 07:42 PM
remember jose canseco said this a while back, no one believed him once again. It is a matter of time before other big hitters are caught, but honestly if you knew increasing your numbers would increase your bank account who the heck wouldnt do steroids and try and get away with it.

crzyjournalist03
05-08-2009, 11:27 AM
Following up my statement from yesterday, there's this from Josh Hamilton on the DMN Rangers blog:

Josh Hamilton, the most tested player in baseball, said he only takes supplements that are on the MLB approved list. Those are supplements certified by the National Science Foundation. "Every time I get tested, I get tested for steroids," said Hamilton, who submits urine samples three times a week in accordance with MLB's drug policy.

He said he is surprised that players continue to take supplements or medicines that aren't NSF approved, as Dodgers slugger Manny Ramirez said he did to produce a positive drug test and a 50-game suspension.

"But guys still do it," Hamilton said. "It's just a risk they're willing to take, I guess."

Sweetwater Red
05-08-2009, 11:58 AM
I think Alex Rodriguez should sent Manny a thank you card for
getting him out of the headlines.....for a few days anyway.:thinking:

Keith7
05-08-2009, 12:13 PM
More people who may have done roids*:

Ken Griffey Jr.
Travis Hafner
Victor Martinez
Brady Anderson
Ramon Hernandez
Luis Gonzalez
Troy Glaus
Sheffield
Andruw Jones
Jeff Bagwell
Jim Edmonds

*this is all based on my educated guess

Sweetwater Red
05-08-2009, 12:37 PM
More people who may have done roids*:

Ken Griffey Jr.
Travis Hafner
Victor Martinez
Brady Anderson
Ramon Hernandez
Luis Gonzalez
Troy Glaus
Sheffield
Andruw Jones
Jeff Bagwell
Jim Edmonds

*this is all based on my educated guess

Sheffield is already known to have used.

FbCoachB40
05-08-2009, 01:03 PM
Its funny because after you find out these guys did roids, you can look back and it seems obvious that these guys did roids.

I think a few more will come out before this will all be over. Some people I would suspect:

Mark Teixeira
Albert Pujols
Alfonso Soriano
Kerry Wood
Josh Hamilton
Miguel Cabrera
Pudge
Johan Santana
Pedro
David Ortiz

You should add Brady Anderson to that list. I cannot believe that no one has gone after him. He hit like 55 HR one season, and has never hit over like 30 HRs in any other season. My numbers may be slightly off, but how did he jump that much in one year (which was a contract year), and never get close again?