PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Lakers?

HEMOTOXIC
05-07-2009, 07:51 AM
Boy, after seeing the game last night, I wonder who will get suspended for game three. IMO, Derek Fisher should definately be on that list. What a cheap shot he took at Scola. I guarantee he WOULDN'T have taken that shot at Artest! Anyways, Kobe is just as dirty. The Rockets are getting in their s*** and they can't take it. But the next two games will be played in what will be a crazy Toyota Center. Last nights game only added fuel to the fire for the home crowd. The Rockets actually have a legit chance to go up 3-1 in this series!

Go Rockets!

Looking4number8
05-07-2009, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Kobe is just as dirty.

I watched it last night and on ESPN this morning, Kobe does play dirty but is smart and knows when to stop and make everybody else look bad. Even the after game interviews he knows when to keep his mouth shut.

I dont like Kobe or the Lakers but you have to give him credit for knowing when to stop and let the other guy make himself look bad

Pick6
05-07-2009, 07:55 AM
Artest is a cry baby thug and Scola was the biggest actor in LA last night.

HEMOTOXIC
05-07-2009, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
Artest is a cry baby thug and Scola was the biggest actor in LA last night.

What game were you watching? :thinking:

And what makes him a thug?

Pick6
05-07-2009, 07:59 AM
What game were you watching? :thinking:

And what makes him a thug?

The game last night.

His history and his post game comments.

WylieBulldog92
05-07-2009, 08:01 AM
The game last night.

Are you sure you know enough about his history? Did you watch the game and then the post game comments?

Pick6
05-07-2009, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
Are you sure you know enough about his history? Did you watch the game and then the post game comments?

Everyone knows Artest's history since he joined the NBA.

I did watch the game and watched his post game comments. If I didn't why would I mention it?

HEMOTOXIC
05-07-2009, 08:04 AM
The game last night.

And that makes one a thug? LOL, people like you are quick to call players like Artest a thug. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and he definately is no different. So, would you consider Bill Laimbeer, John Stockton, Karl Malone, (anybody who wears a Utah Jazz uniform), Kobe Bryant, Derek Fisher, etc. thugs? Those are some of the most dirtiest players to ever play the game.

Farmersfan
05-07-2009, 08:04 AM
I think the team takes on the personality of the Coach. The Lakers are a good team and they have a lot of swagger and self confidence. The Rockets will likely not win another game in this series which hurts me to say. I think Kobe is a snake in the grass. He throws a lot of elbows and bunches that the refs don't call. If someone blocks his shot he will throw his arms out and hit anyone around him in the mouth and it never gets called. He has learned how to play to the refs and he does it very well. I would like to see the Rockets win the series but don't see it happening.

Pick6
05-07-2009, 08:06 AM
And that makes one a thug? LOL, people like you are quick to call players like Artest a thug. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and he definately is no different. So, would you consider Bill Laimbeer, John Stockton, Karl Malone, Kobe Bryant, Derek Fisher, etc. thugs? Those are some of the most dirtiest players to ever play the game.

Dirty playing has nothing to do with being a thug.

WylieBulldog92
05-07-2009, 08:07 AM

I did watch the game and watched his post game comments. If I didn't why would I mention it?
Because you don't understand either of them if you say that. Heck I don't like Ron Artest but you sure do key on one incident. And what post game comments do you think he made him a "thug".

HEMOTOXIC
05-07-2009, 08:07 AM
Dirty playing has nothing to do with being a thug.

So what about his history that makes him a thug?

Pick6
05-07-2009, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
Because you don't understand either of them if you say that. Heck I don't like Ron Artest but you sure do key on one incident. And what post game comments do you think he made him a "thug".

The one thing I understand is that you have absolutely no idea what I do and don't understand. Nice try though.

When someone basically tells everyone that I'm Ron Artest, he can't do that to me, that's thug.

Farmersfan
05-07-2009, 08:12 AM

I thought his comments were hilarious. He referred to himself in the third person. I immediately thought about the commercial with Leon the football player. Artest has done NOTHING in his career to make a name for himself except Thugism! (is that even a word?). I guess now Kobe knows it wasn't just a regular player he was elbowing, "It was RON ARTEST"!!!!!

Farmersfan
05-07-2009, 08:17 AM
"I told Kobe you've got to relax, 'You're hitting the wrong person,'" Artest said. "'Don't you know you're hitting Ron Artest?'"

STAggie
05-07-2009, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
"I told Kobe you've got to relax, 'You're hitting the wrong person,'" Artest said. "'Don't you know you're hitting Ron Artest?'"

Did you ever thnk Artest was using the projected image of himself to get in Kobe's head? I know I for one would be a little thrown off my game if anybody told me something that outlandish, let alone one of the most unstable guys in the league. Also, Kobe is such a little b***h. When Artest got in his face he threw his hands up but then when they were on the other side of the court from one another with teamates holding them he starts jawing. I hate Kobe and the Lakers and the Rockets will take both games in Houston. If I was Adeleman I would put someone who won't play a minute in the starting line up and put a price on Kobe. ABA style.

forum_guy
05-07-2009, 09:14 AM
lol scola made that look way worse than what it was, dont get me wrong fisher did lay a good one on him but there was defintely some flopping in that, but fisher will be suspended, but for rockets fans to say they WILL win both games in houston is a pretty bold statement

Maroon87
05-07-2009, 09:23 AM
Just some tough playoff basketball, although Fisher's forearm shiver was a bit over the top. You could see him lining up Scola for that one.

I think Artest should've just been given a tech for the Kobe thing but not ejected. That was a bit of an overreaction by the officiating crew IMO.

Ex-Tiger2005
05-07-2009, 09:31 AM
The Kobe thing is just another one his cry baby acts when someone is guarding him too close or gets physical he always has to throw an elbow. He thinks he is untouchable and this is why he keeps doing these things. And the Artest ejection was the biggest crap call ive ever seen.

JasperDog94
05-07-2009, 10:35 AM
At the very least Kobe should have been given a Tech for that high elbow, which would have given him two for the game and he would have been tossed. That foul call on Artest was garbage.

If Fischer is not suspended for game three then the NBA will have absolutely no credibility. I'm all for a good hard foul (like I hope they give Kobe the first time he drives to the basket Friday night) but that was over the top. You could see he was watching Scola out of the corner of his eye and lining him up for the shot he was about to lay on him.

JasperDog94
05-07-2009, 10:36 AM
The Rockets will likely not win another game in this series which hurts me to say. I disagree. The Rockets showed that they would not back down last night. They went toe to toe with the Lakers and will push back this Friday night. It will be interesting to see how the game is officiated this Friday night.

Bullaholic
05-07-2009, 10:38 AM
I sure hope the Rockets can win the series. I didn't think they had much of a chance going in, but now I hope they burst the overinflated LA bubble.

Maroon87
05-07-2009, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I disagree. The Rockets showed that they would not back down last night. They went toe to toe with the Lakers and will push back this Friday night. It will be interesting to see how the game is officiated this Friday night.

True...the Rockets apparently watched a lot of tape on last year's Finals. They saw how Boston pushed L.A. around and they didn't respond to the physical play.

BTownVBall3
05-07-2009, 10:54 AM
Most of you people can't grasp the fact that these hard nosed, "thugish" basketball players grew up in pretty bad urban areas where if you don't stand up for yourself like Artest did against Kobe you may not be living. .much less playing in the nba. For many people its how they had to play growing up to get where they are. Kobe is just an egotistical coward. I wish they'd bring in like Joey Dorsey and lay him out friday.

kaorder1999
05-07-2009, 11:13 AM
this is what I will always remember Artest for!!

http://nbcsportsmedia.msnbc.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/041120/041120_ron_artest_hmed6p.h2.jpg

Stu Jackson was VERY serious the other day it seemed when se said that any deliberate elbow to an opponent above the shoulders would be immediate grounds for a suspension.

Now with Kobe, he will just say it wasn't on purpose which is a load of you know what!

Bull's-eye
05-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
The Kobe thing is just another one his cry baby acts when someone is guarding him too close or gets physical he always has to throw an elbow. He thinks he is untouchable and this is why he keeps doing these things. And the Artest ejection was the biggest crap call ive ever seen.

What's sad is that Kobe is an incredible player, he doesn't have to resort to that type of play. All night long he is hitting shots over someone like Battier, a player that is just busting his tail & playing hard-nosed defense. Kobe is just steadily talking smack and is bothered that he can't get into Battier's head. He knows that he could get Artest to bite, so he picked his opportunity to throw the elbow. Now it doesn't help that the refs call the foul on Artest and then do nothing about it. IMO, LeBron and Kobe are almost equal in talent, but James doesn't resort to this punk style of play. Congrats to James for winning the MVP.

HEMOTOXIC
05-07-2009, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
What's sad is that Kobe is an incredible player, he doesn't have to resort to that type of play. All night long he is hitting shots over someone like Battier, a player that is just busting his tail & playing hard-nosed defense. Kobe is just steadily talking smack and is bothered that he can't get into Battier's head. He knows that he could get Artest to bite, so he picked his opportunity to throw the elbow. Now it doesn't help that the refs call the foul on Artest and then do nothing about it. IMO, LeBron and Kobe are almost equal in talent, but James doesn't resort to this punk style of play. Congrats to James for winning the MVP.

Agreed 100%. Kobe is an awesome player that chooses to get in his cheap shots for whatever reason. But, since the officials call the game, you have to hold them responsible too. I am looking forward to game three. No, Im not saying the Rockets will win the series, but, I am saying that their chances look good after stealing game 1. This series will be plenty interesting. As I stated earlier, the Rockets are getting in the Lakers' s*** by playing good physical defense. The Lakers, for one, weren't expecting that type of play coming into the series from the Rockets. Yes, Scola may flop alot, but, what Fisher did was unsportsman like, un called for, and simply STUPID! But, every dog has his day. I can live with the elbows, but that was as dirty as it comes. Maybe he learned that move while playing with the Jazz :thinking: .

icu812
05-07-2009, 01:02 PM
Artest may be thug but he's been able to control it when it comes to basketball this year. Kobe is a punk on and off the court. Kobe's taunting of Battier (who is a classy player) and that elbow to Artest's throat pissed me off. I'd like to see Artest get that guy alone in a dark alley.

Keith7
05-07-2009, 01:13 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about people who swim in Lake Ray Roberts

forum_guy
05-07-2009, 01:40 PM
am i the only one that thinks that play was 50/50. 50% fisher leading with an elbow and 50% flop to make it look worse than wat it was. The thought was still there but he didnt go at the head or anything so if the nba thinks that doesnt warrant a suspension i am ok with that. Scola didnt get blown up as bad as it looks, he flopped like most euro players do

JasperDog94
05-07-2009, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
am i the only one that thinks that play was 50/50. Apparently so.;)

coach
05-07-2009, 01:58 PM
artest is trash...your an idiot if u dont think he is a thug...i mean come on he attacked the freakin stands...and once again all you hear is rocket fans bitchin....man up guys its the playoffs...btw yall dont have chance..yall are going t lose in 5 or 6 anyways

forum_guy
05-07-2009, 02:05 PM
Apparently so.;)

lol come on, you know about them euro players flopping, this was another case :cool:

JasperDog94
05-07-2009, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
lol come on, you know about them euro players flopping, this was another case :cool: No doubt that many euro players flop, but in this case Fischer was collecting a bounty put on Scola's head.

JasperDog94
05-07-2009, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by coach
artest is trash...your an idiot if u dont think he is a thug...i mean come on he attacked the freakin stands...and once again all you hear is rocket fans bitchin....man up guys its the playoffs...btw yall dont have chance..yall are going t lose in 5 or 6 anyways Artest certainly has a checkered past, but this year he has been a model teammate and model citizen. I believe in giving someone a second chance and Artest is making the best of it.

Call him a thug all you like, but just because someone doesn't agree with you does not mean they are an idiot. (BTW, it's "you're" not "your") ;)

Farmersfan
05-07-2009, 02:48 PM
Artest certainly has a checkered past, but this year he has been a model teammate and model citizen. I believe in giving someone a second chance and Artest is making the best of it.

Call him a thug all you like, but just because someone doesn't agree with you does not mean they are an idiot. (BTW, it's "you're" not "your") ;)

I thought it was funny when Barkley said Artest's hair was someting that should be left to young players. He said when you grow up you stop writing things on your head.

Kobe and Fischer should both be suspended. Both deliberately went after the head of the other player. It won't happen because it's Kobe but it should.......

JasperDog94
05-07-2009, 02:50 PM
I thought it was funny when Barkley said Artest's hair was someting that should be left to young players. He said when you grow up you stop writing things on your head.

Kobe and Fischer should both be suspended. Both deliberately went after the head of the other player. It won't happen because it's Kobe but it should....... Barkley's always good for a laugh or two and I agree about Kobe. No way the league suspends him a game although after what he did to Shane in game 1 and Artest in game 2 shows what kind of player he really is.

Ex-Tiger2005
05-07-2009, 03:00 PM

And that is what i have been stressing the whole season! I know he is the best right now and i respect that. but when they make comparisons with him and jordan, i get frustrated. im young so correct me if im wrong but i dont remember jordan acting like an idiot like that.

waterboy
05-07-2009, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
And that is what i have been stressing the whole season! I know he is the best right now and i respect that. but when they make comparisons with him and jordan, i get frustrated. im young so correct me if im wrong but i dont remember jordan acting like an idiot like that.
No, Jordan was, and still is, a class act. I find it unbelievable that people are just now figuring out that Kobe is a dirty player. He's always been that way. He gets away with it because he's a "star" player. I would also say that there are a lot of dirty players in the NBA, most of which are role players, but there are a few that are stars. They get away with being dirty because of poor officiating. Is it just me, or does it seem like the officiating in the NBA has gotten worse and worse over time? It's a rare occurrence to see a game now that doesn't have several really bad, or just plain missed calls.

Ex-Tiger2005
05-07-2009, 03:28 PM
The officiating has gotten worse i will agree with that. We'll see what happens on Friday it should be interesting!

Bull's-eye
05-07-2009, 03:42 PM
Here's a link to an ESPN poll about Kobe throwing the elbow. Mot of the country favor him getting suspended.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=pollindex&pollId=71287

Farmersfan
05-07-2009, 03:45 PM
Here's a link to an ESPN poll about Kobe throwing the elbow. Mot of the country favor him getting suspended.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=pollindex&pollId=71287

Even if Kobe gets suspended the Lakers will win. That would demoralize the Rockets too badly to overcome.

waterboy
05-07-2009, 04:00 PM
There is no way Kobe will get suspended. He is an NBA star. At best he'll get a $25K fine, and no suspension. Do you think the powers that be in the NBA would risk a suspension of someone of Kobe's star power? I don't think they so.:thmbdwn:

Keith7
05-07-2009, 04:02 PM

Thats because this country is filled w/ haters

XtremeCouture
05-07-2009, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
True...the Rockets apparently watched a lot of tape on last year's Finals. They saw how Boston pushed L.A. around and they didn't respond to the physical play.
so are you saying what derek fisher did was not a response to physical play? are you also saying kobe scoring 40 and the lakers winning by 13 was not a response to the rockets physical play? what do you consider to be a response to physical play? the lakers won the game so i think that was a good enough response.

JasperDog94
05-07-2009, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Thats because this country is filled w/ haters Ha! The same could be said of a recent national election, but let's not go there.:D :D :D

JasperDog94
05-07-2009, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by XtremeCouture
so are you saying what derek fisher did was not a response to physical play? are you also saying kobe scoring 40 and the lakers winning by 13 was not a response to the rockets physical play? what do you consider to be a response to physical play? the lakers won the game so i think that was a good enough response. The Laker's response to the physical play of the Rockets was to take cheap shots, not by playing physical. Physical play is not their MO. They are a very talented team that relies on their star power to win games whereas the Rockets play tough, physical basketball to win games.

Just my 2 cents.

Bull's-eye
05-07-2009, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Thats because this country is filled w/ haters

They love him in California & Nevada. I guess the people who bet the Lakers to win it all, wouldn't like Kobe being suspended. :D

Pick6
05-07-2009, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
No, Jordan was, and still is, a class act.

Yeah, cheating on your wife is classy. :rolleyes:

garciap77
05-07-2009, 04:35 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek:

waterboy
05-07-2009, 04:48 PM
:mad: Whoops! I had forgotten about that! That's changes my opinion of him. Now I'll just say he was never a dirty player, and leave it at that.:doh:

Reds fan
05-07-2009, 05:21 PM
Fisher suspended.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Agf5AlYs1heLpefIesmUEoI5nYcB?slug=ap-nbaplayoffsuspensions&prov=ap&type=lgns

NEW YORK (AP)—Rafer Alston(notes) of Orlando and Derek Fisher(notes) of the Los Angeles Lakers have each been suspended for the next game of their playoff series.

In the Magic’s 112-94 loss on Tuesday night, Boston’s Eddie House(notes) was celebrating as after making a shot when Alston reached out and slapped him in the back of the head. Each received a technical foul after standing face-to-face for a few seconds before referees intervened.

For Los Angeles, Fisher was called for a flagrant foul when he collided with Luis Scola(notes), who was setting a pick, as the Rockets brought the ball up the court. He was ejected.

Both players will sit out of games on Friday. The Magic are at home, tied 1-1 with Boston, while the Lakers will be in Houston. That series is also 1-1.

HEMOTOXIC
05-07-2009, 05:22 PM
Derek Fisher suspended for game 3. Kobe assessed a flagrant 1 foul...

Not surprised here.

HEMOTOXIC
05-07-2009, 05:25 PM
Even if Kobe gets suspended the Lakers will win. That would demoralize the Rockets too badly to overcome.

Are you drunk already, or do you really believe in your right mind that the Lakers could beat the Rockets without Kobe? It didn't happen in game 1. And, the Lakers were lucky to get a win in game 2 with Kobe... You know, I understand when you support your favorite team, but, when you are ridiculous in what you are saying it makes you looks stupid.

Emerson1
05-07-2009, 05:25 PM
Different angle. Kobe got Artest is taller

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/753/elbowdesktop.gif

It was an elbow to the chest

XtremeCouture
05-07-2009, 06:15 PM
elbow right to the chest. jordan wasn't dirty but he pushed off a lot and never got called so he still cheated

Bull's-eye
05-07-2009, 08:21 PM
Looks a little higher on this picture.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0507/nba_vid_kobeelbow_300.jpg

JasperDog94
05-07-2009, 09:06 PM
Derek Fisher suspended for game 3. Kobe assessed a flagrant 1 foul...

Not surprised here. Had that been called during the game like it should have been, Kobe is ejected because that would have given him 2 techs for the game.

JasperDog94
05-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Looks a little higher on this picture.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0507/nba_vid_kobeelbow_300.jpg Right at the base of the throat which is exactly what Artest said.

XtremeCouture
05-08-2009, 12:46 AM
Right at the base of the throat which is exactly what Artest said.
lol are we looking at two different pictures? he got hit in the chest. it was close to his throat but not in the throat and he went insane cuz the refs called a foul on him.

Txbroadcaster
05-08-2009, 02:16 AM
Right at the base of the throat which is exactly what Artest said.

not really..the arm is going downward and at the moment of the picture he has not hit Artest with the elbow yet..the arm continues downward while Artest is going upward and he elbows him in the chest

JasperDog94
05-08-2009, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
not really..the arm is going downward and at the moment of the picture he has not hit Artest with the elbow yet..the arm continues downward while Artest is going upward and he elbows him in the chest When I look at the clip in motion it looks to me like he hits him in the base of the throat and continues down into his chest. Take a minute and feel the top center part of your chest. The collar bone dips down in the very center and exposes the base of the throat. That's what Artest was talking about. At the very least it was a thrown elbow. At the very worst it was an elbow to the throat. Either way the NBA thought it was worthy of a flagrant 1.

Bull's-eye
05-08-2009, 11:21 AM
When I look at the clip in motion it looks to me like he hits him in the base of the throat and continues down into his chest. Take a minute and feel the top center part of your chest. The collar bone dips down in the very center and exposes the base of the throat.

I just did that in the mirror. You're right, the throat can be felt right above the front collar bone. In the picture, you definitely see Artest getting hit above his number and near the white collar of his jersey. If you look at the Rocket player in the background, that white collar runs right near the bottom of his throat. On the clip, watch what area Artest puts his hand on after being hit. It looks like the throat area.

Bull's-eye
05-08-2009, 11:47 AM
Take a look at this picture of Ron Artest. You can see where his lower throat is exposed.

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20090505/capt.1fd4fff03b994e4583b7cb6c4be603b4.rockets_lake rs_basketball_las105.jpg

coach
05-08-2009, 11:53 AM
damn drop it already....it wasnt that bad of an elbow even if it was to the throat...

JasperDog94
05-09-2009, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by coach
damn drop it already....it wasnt that bad of an elbow even if it was to the throat... If it upsets you that much then don't read this thread. Sounds like someone needs a hug.:D

turbostud
05-09-2009, 09:18 PM
Yao out for the rest of season with broken foot. Rockets are done.

Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4154628)

zebrablue2
05-09-2009, 09:42 PM
If it upsets you that much then don't read this thread. Sounds like someone needs a hug.:D

:clap:

JasperDog94
05-10-2009, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by turbostud
Yao out for the rest of season with broken foot. Rockets are done.

Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4154628) :ditto: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: