PDA

View Full Version : Yoe

Gobbla2001
09-29-2003, 03:06 PM
Heard they're very young this year... Which brings me to my question...

Are they going to be kicking butt the next couple of years?

Cameronbystander
09-29-2003, 04:57 PM
Maybe. With just six seniors on the team and only four of them playing it is a very young team. The skill players are very fast and the quarterback is OK. The problem is the line is small and young. If the line gains 20 plus pounds per man and they work hard in the weight room I think they should be very tough next year.

The loss to Giddings was all about mistakes. The first three points was given to them on a fumble trying to run a STARBURST return on the opening kickoff. Giddings did not get a first down until their fourth or fifth possession.
The next two points was from a poorly run bootleg and the quarterback threw the ball out of the endzone. The last six point was scored on a blocked punt (a soph replacing the regular punter). It was his first punt of the year and he did not get it away quickly.
If not for these mistakes, Cameron wins the game. I think they actually outplayed Giddings except for these three plays.
District should be interesting.

crzyjournalist03
09-29-2003, 06:09 PM
Yao...can I write a check?

sorry, just couldn't resist :D

theyoefnshow
09-29-2003, 06:11 PM
hard to say. I heard only 1 Sr is actually starting on each side of the ball this year so next year could be good. The district will really tell how it'll be. Next year I mean. I think they should beat Caldwell, Troy and Rockdale. Marlin is still questionable w/ Lorena looking pretty good this year.

keep_it_real
09-29-2003, 11:44 PM
Who all ahs lorena played, they sound like the sleepers of the district so far. I think this district is close lacking much talent this year besides a beat up marlin team. Of course if Rockdale had a quarterback that was healthy (Menley) they would be 3-2...............maybe....

GoForIt
09-30-2003, 07:42 AM
Isn't it true that Bellville was ahead 35-0 and put in the second and third stringers. It doesn't matter who makes the playoffs. The ways things are looking, the bi-district representative could get nailed.