PDA

View Full Version : Free KFC

Keith7
05-05-2009, 06:09 PM
http://www.oprah.com/article/oprahshow/20090430-tows-kfc-coupon-download

Free offer good for two pieces of Kentucky Grilled Chicken™ (manager's choice) and two individual sides and a biscuit at participating KFC restaurants located in the Unites States, while supplies last.

Blastoderm55
05-05-2009, 08:29 PM
Had it for dinner. The coupon can be reprinted for multiple uses, so I'll probably have it tomorrow for lunch and dinner again. :D

SintonFan
05-06-2009, 01:09 AM
You can avoid going to Satan's website if you go directly to unthinkfc.com .
Anyone can print out up to 4 coupons for free 2 pc grilled chicken meals. The cheap bastard in me approves.:clap:

bccards
05-08-2009, 01:54 PM
Not anymore, KFC pulled the plug already on even presenting the coupons for free KGC

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Following an unprecedented and overwhelming response to a free offer of a Kentucky Grilled Chicken meal, KFC has announced that it can no longer accept the free coupon at this time, but it will introduce a rain check program to take care of inconvenienced customers.

"We would like to apologize to our customers who have been inconvenienced by the overwhelming response to our free Kentucky Grilled Chicken offer," said Roger Eaton, president of KFC U.S. "The lines of customers wanting to redeem their coupons have been out the door and around the block, so we’re unable to redeem customer coupons at this time."

The offer, which was featured on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" May 5, resulted in millions of coupons being downloaded and lines of customers waiting outside KFC restaurants from coast to coast. While the Kentucky Grilled Chicken introduction was already the largest in KFC history, the overwhelming response of the free meal offer drove restaurant traffic to levels not seen in the brand’s 50-plus year history.

While millions of free meal coupons have already been redeemed over the past three days, customers holding a coupon will now be issued a rain check. Those customers may visit a participating KFC restaurant to receive a rain check form. They will then receive via mail a rain check coupon for the free two pieces of Kentucky Grilled Chicken (manager’s choice), two individual side items and a biscuit. The rain check coupon, which will be redeemable at a later date for a two week period, also will entitle the holder to a free Pepsi to go with the free meal, as a way of apologizing for the inconvenience.

All rain check requests must be accompanied by an original coupon and returned to a participating KFC restaurant or postmarked by May 19, 2009.

KFC also posted a tweet on its Twitter site with a link to a You Tube video featuring KFC president Roger Eaton, who offered an apology as he explained that KFC could not have foreseen the overwhelming response.

sahen
05-08-2009, 03:08 PM
recession = less jobs = more people at home = more people watching tv during the day = people watching opera = opera showing a coupon offer for free food = cash strapped people go get free food and tell friends....

how could KFC not see that coming?

garciap77
05-08-2009, 03:38 PM
I heard at the Dairy Queen in BW, that KFC in BW is selling more than chicken out there!:D

;)

PurpleFreddy
05-08-2009, 05:14 PM
The rain check happened to me at lunch today. So a coworker and I went to nearby Chipotle. Mmmm. Barbacoa.