PDA

View Full Version : Rockets defeat Lakers 100-92

Bull's-eye
05-05-2009, 01:09 AM
Yao Ming led the Rockets with 28 points & 10 rebounds, as Houston takes a 1-0 lead in the best of seven series. Ron Artest scored 21 points and Aaron Brooks chipped in 19 for the Rockets. Kobe scored 32 points on 31 shots and Gasol pulled down 13 boards for the Lakers. The home team appeared a little rusty from their long layoff, I expect them to really bring it on Wednesday.

Bull's-eye
05-05-2009, 01:26 AM
Here's a clip of Battier getting hammered by Vujacic.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/playoffs/2009/05/04/nba_20090504_1play_battier.nba/

They usually say "No blood , No foul." I guess this wasn't enough blood, no foul was called. :confused:

TarponFanInNorthTexas
05-05-2009, 07:46 AM
Wow, Battier got jacked up and how did that not get called?

zebrablue2
05-05-2009, 07:55 AM
way to go ROCKETS:2thumbsup:

duckhunter
05-05-2009, 08:16 AM
shane b imo was the rockets mvp in this game.....played very hard and he proved defensivly why he his one of the games most underrated players

bulldog25
05-05-2009, 10:22 AM
wow.... that guy is a beast and Aaron Brooks did a number against the lakers too..... Go Rockets!!!!

kaorder1999
05-05-2009, 10:23 AM
wow...didnt realize the Rockets had won last night. Impressive!

waterboy
05-05-2009, 10:35 AM
I am pleasantly surprised that the Rockets took Game 1. Now, if they can just win all their home games........:thinking: The Lakers looked a little rusty, and I'm pretty sure they'll play a lot better in Game 2. I look for the Lakers to try and put the Rockets away much earlier in Game 2, so the Rockets will have to match their intensity to stay in it. One thing for sure, the Lakers will not panic...........unless, of course, the Rockets win Game 2......:thinking:

Bull's-eye
05-05-2009, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas
Wow, Battier got jacked up and how did that not get called?

What's funny is that after the ball went out of bounds, Battier had to go get the officials attention. Three refs and they didn't even notice him with blood all over his face. Also, one official called it Lakers ball, when it clearly went out off the Lakers. One ref did step in and change the call.

Did anybody see Kobe knee Battier? Could get him a 1 game suspension, but I doubt the NBA will penalize their star player.

Ex-Tiger2005
05-05-2009, 11:19 AM
I saw the knee but what i got pissed about was when shane tried to get up kobe tried to elbow him in the back of the head. I was so pissed i cant stand kobe and it isnt because he is good. it is because he is always got that extra stuff to do after the play and never gets called for it.

Footballhudini
05-05-2009, 12:35 PM
rockets best strategy going into game two would be to just sit out their starters from the start. there's no way in H*** they'll win game two, so might as well prep for games 3/4 at home.

Emerson1
05-05-2009, 12:39 PM
video link?

JasperDog94
05-05-2009, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
video link? Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_QKSDQSyZs)

It's one thing to miss a call. It's another thing to miss that kind of call. It's absurd that it took Shane going to all three officials before they saw the blood all over his face, neck and jersey. Apparently the officials were taking a coffee break during that part of the game.

Emerson1
05-05-2009, 02:56 PM
A video of the kobe knee.

That isn't that bad of a foul. That type of arm motion happens all the time. Live it didn't look like a foul at all and it he didn't get bloodied you wouldn't have though twice about it.

pirate4state
05-05-2009, 02:59 PM
complaining about officials...no surprise here!

JasperDog94
05-05-2009, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
A video of the kobe knee.

That isn't that bad of a foul. That type of arm motion happens all the time. Live it didn't look like a foul at all and it he didn't get bloodied you wouldn't have though twice about it. Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxGoMAMuDUQ)

Before this happened Shane blocked a pass from Kobe and was turning aroudn with the ball. Kobe fouled him and then fell on top of him. That's when the rest of this happened. The last think you do when you're on top of somebody is start swinging knees and elbows around "trying to get up". You have other folks get you untangled. At least that's the way it should happen.

But then again this is the same Kobe that elbows people in the mouth on a shot follow through.

UPanIN
05-05-2009, 04:51 PM
Kobe was sick.:D

coach
05-05-2009, 05:11 PM
you houston guys have been watching too much spurs basketball....stop whinnin....yall won....

Maroon87
05-05-2009, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by coach
you houston guys have been watching too much spurs basketball....stop whinnin....yall won....

:rolleyes:

But seriously, what else should I expect?

coach
05-05-2009, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
:rolleyes:

But seriously, what else should I expect?

yall won...so save the complaining for later

Maroon87
05-05-2009, 06:07 PM
yall won...so save the complaining for later

I'm one of those "whining" Spurs fans you refer to...I have no dog in this fight.;)

JasperDog94
05-05-2009, 08:31 PM
you houston guys have been watching too much spurs basketball....stop whinnin....yall won.... So what you're saying is that if the Rockets would have lost game one, that would give us permission to complain about Kobe's antics? Sorry, but winning has nothing to do with it. Kobe is a dirty player (albeit a very good dirty player) and gets away with it because...well...because he's Kobe.

Except when he's in Colorado. He'd better hope that if they win that they don't play the Nuggets. :D :D

coach
05-05-2009, 09:26 PM
kobe isnt a dirty player...this is the playoffs...houston wouldnt know but the farther you get the rougher it gets...i mean i dont know why im arguing la is going to come back strong and take the serie in no more than 6 games..but yall just keep on whinning and see how far it takes you

Bull's-eye
05-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Footballhudini
rockets best strategy going into game two would be to just sit out their starters from the start. there's no way in H*** they'll win game two, so might as well prep for games 3/4 at home.

Great strategy! :doh:

forum_guy
05-05-2009, 10:27 PM
i think with the rockets win last night, the lakers will now win in 6 instead of 5, which for me would be awesome, i got tickets to game 6

XtremeCouture
05-06-2009, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by forum_guy
i think with the rockets win last night, the lakers will now win in 6 instead of 5, which for me would be awesome, i got tickets to game 6

same lol. me and my friend got seats by the lakers tunnel. yay

zebrablue2
05-06-2009, 08:12 AM
kobe isnt a dirty player...this is the playoffs...houston wouldnt know but the farther you get the rougher it gets...i mean i dont know why im arguing la is going to come back strong and take the serie in no more than 6 games..but yall just keep on whinning and see how far it takes you

:evilgrin::evillol:

JasperDog94
05-06-2009, 08:33 AM
...houston wouldnt know but the farther you get the rougher it gets... That's the best you can do? Wow. I guess I'll have to go and double check but I sure thought the Rockets had a couple of championships in their history...oh wait...they do.:hand: :hand: :hand:

Maroon87
05-06-2009, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
That's the best you can do? Wow. I guess I'll have to go and double check but I sure thought the Rockets had a couple of championships in their history...oh wait...they do.:hand: :hand: :hand:

As we all are aware by now, championships only matter when the Mavs win them.

Which at present is a bit of an issue...:thinking:

UPanIN
05-06-2009, 02:21 PM
As we all are aware by now, championships only matter when the Mavs win them.

Which at present is a bit of an issue...:thinking:

:thinking: The Mavs won one. :confused:

JasperDog94
05-06-2009, 03:08 PM
I just heard someone on Sports Radio say that Joey Crawford was officiating tonight. Man I hope they are joking.:(

themsu97
05-06-2009, 03:38 PM
called it... that probably came right from Stern... has to make sure his Lakers are in the finals...
Battier and Artest will pick up at least 3 fouls in the first half and Yaowill have 5 early in the 4th...
NBA= WWE

Bull's-eye
05-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I just heard someone on Sports Radio say that Joey Crawford was officiating tonight. Man I hope they are joking.:(

You are correct! The Rockets GM stated if you were going to have Crawford, it's usually better to have him on the road. I have to disagree with Mr. Morey, Joey was terrible when we played in Portland.

Maroon87
05-06-2009, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
You are correct! The Rockets GM stated if you were going to have Crawford, it's usually better to have him on the road. I have to disagree with Mr. Morey, Joey was terrible when we played in Portland.

Just don't laugh at him, whatever you do.;)

forum_guy
05-06-2009, 04:41 PM
lol already hearing excuses for tonight just because crawford is officiating, its not that hard to see that kobe will have way more free throws than last game because he will drive more, but somehow when the lakers win tonight its going to go all back to crawford

Bull's-eye
05-06-2009, 08:26 PM
Just don't laugh at him, whatever you do.;)

:spitlol: I just got a technical. :doh:

zebrablue2
05-06-2009, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
lol already hearing excuses for tonight just because crawford is officiating, its not that hard to see that kobe will have way more free throws than last game because he will drive more, but somehow when the lakers win tonight its going to go all back to crawford

no excuses, crawford is just always the center of attenion. he will put on his own show. just you wait and see. the movie stars will be entertained--LOL...

wildstangs
05-06-2009, 09:43 PM
[
Uh oh, here is conspiracy theory guy. Lakers and Celtics will be in finals every year - not because they have the best players - but because the NBA rigs the finals. Next week conspiracy theory guy claims the NBA wants Lakers and Cavs in finals, and by golly Joey Crawford is going to make that happen.

Lakers in 5, possibly 6.
QUOTE]Originally posted by themsu97
called it... that probably came right from Stern... has to make sure his Lakers are in the finals...
Battier and Artest will pick up at least 3 fouls in the first half and Yaowill have 5 early in the 4th...
NBA= WWE [/QUOTE]

forum_guy
05-06-2009, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by XtremeCouture
same lol. me and my friend got seats by the lakers tunnel. yay

dang you guys must be sitting pretty close to us, we are at section 103 right by the tunnel too

SintonFan
05-06-2009, 10:36 PM
Houston you have got my full support!
Go Rockets GO!:clap:

Bull's-eye
05-07-2009, 12:49 AM
Kobe elbows Artest, foul on Artest. This is the second time that Kobe throws an elbow and no foul. Fisher gets a flagrant 2 for a cheap shot on Scola, should be suspended for the next game. The refs did a poor job of allowing this crap. Lakers got scared, they were going to lose and they resort to this BS. See you Fakers in Houston. :mad: :mad:

coach
05-07-2009, 03:52 AM
this is great...lets go lakers

themsu97
05-07-2009, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs
[
Uh oh, here is conspiracy theory guy. Lakers and Celtics will be in finals every year - not because they have the best players - but because the NBA rigs the finals. Next week conspiracy theory guy claims the NBA wants Lakers and Cavs in finals, and by golly Joey Crawford is going to make that happen.

Lakers in 5, possibly 6.
QUOTE]Originally posted by themsu97
NBA= WWE [/QUOTE]

has nothing to do with the Rockets, Wild stangs, but you can say what you want...
the NBA sucks and it caters to its stars and that is absolutely ridiculous, Kobe will never foul out of a game or ever be suspended, niether will Le Bron... Stern is all about money, to me, Stern is no different than McMahon, but at least MCMahon admits it is all about money...
and I have already said it will be a Lakers/Cavs final... so you are off and if you think any different, you are fooling yourself... sorry that the NBA sucks so bad...

eagles_victory
05-07-2009, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by themsu97

has nothing to do with the Rockets, Wild stangs, but you can say what you want...
the NBA sucks and it caters to its stars and that is absolutely ridiculous, Kobe will never foul out of a game or ever be suspended, niether will Le Bron... Stern is all about money, to me, Stern is no different than McMahon, but at least MCMahon admits it is all about money...
and I have already said it will be a Lakers/Cavs final... so you are off and if you think any different, you are fooling yourself... sorry that the NBA sucks so bad... [/B][/QUOTE]

Kobe has been suspended before and Lebron hasnt been suspended because he has never done anything to deserve beind suspended. The reason it will probably be a Lakers Cavs final is because they are the best two teams not because of the refs. Kobe has only shot 11 free throws in the first two games of the Rockets series.

I think after the star treatment D-Wade got against the Mavs people make way too much of it in the NBA. Yea it was horrible that year but its not like the refs can single handedly win a game or lose a game.