PDA

View Full Version : Rumor out of China Spring

cshscougar08
05-04-2009, 10:25 PM
Dustin Eskew signs with Texas Tech for football. I just heard it from my brother. Waiting to see something in the Waco paper tomorrow. Rabid can you shed some light on this?

garciap77
05-04-2009, 10:32 PM
Read this online:

http://www.kxxv.com/Global/story.asp?S=8281750

Might not be a rumor!

Rabid Cougar
05-04-2009, 10:52 PM
My sources say that there is talk of Eskew walking on at tt.
My sources sources have that word from the source.
My source wishes to remain unidentified because he is not authorized to speak to the press.

cshscougar08
05-05-2009, 07:36 AM
Thanks! I'll try to get ahold of him later or talk to my bro.

Texas Cougar
05-05-2009, 12:11 PM
Dustin received an official invitation to walk on at Tech. He is done playing baseball at MCC. Only hurdle is being accepted to school at Tech. Should not be a problem since he applied through athletic department.

Electus Unus
05-05-2009, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Texas Cougar
Dustin received an official invitation to walk on at Tech. He is done playing baseball at MCC. Only hurdle is being accepted to school at Tech. Should not be a problem since he applied through athletic department. If you can't get accepted to Tech then you probably shouldn't be going to college.

Sorry guys couldn't resist the door that was open.

BILLYFRED0000
05-05-2009, 12:29 PM
Well as good as he is a qb, I expect to see him playing. He is a player no doubt. Loved watching his command in the pocket. Probably one of the best at that level that I have seen. I thought just watching that he was better than Colt was at that time in his playing career. But hey IMHO.....

cshscougar08
05-05-2009, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
If you can't get accepted to Tech then you probably shouldn't be going to college.

I was waiting on that one! Lol

Texas Cougar
05-05-2009, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Well as good as he is a qb, I expect to see him playing. He is a player no doubt. Loved watching his command in the pocket. Probably one of the best at that level that I have seen. I thought just watching that he was better than Colt was at that time in his playing career. But hey IMHO.....

He completely shut off the recruiting process because he has wanted to play baseball since he was a small kid. At the Texas High School All-Star football game he found out he could compete with the big boys. Completely outplayed Riley Dodge before tearing his ACL in the 4th quarter. It will be interesting to see how he does. He has the talent, but does he have the work ethic?

LH Panther Mom
05-05-2009, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
If you can't get accepted to Tech then you probably shouldn't be going to college.

I guess that's why you're looking for a "manly-type" job at Lowe's/HD/WM. :rolleyes:

coach
05-06-2009, 11:49 AM
i guess we will hear in 4 yrs how he should be drafted bc he was awesome at tech

Lombardi
05-06-2009, 02:37 PM
where did there new VB coach Go??

4th & short
05-06-2009, 02:46 PM
I heard their DC left also. Any word on why?

Texas Cougar
05-06-2009, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by 4th & short
I heard their DC left also. Any word on why?

Volleyball coach went to Waco University. DC's son graduated and getting divorced. Wanted a change of scenery. Applied for several head coaching positions and ended up going to Decatur as assistant.

kepdawg
05-06-2009, 04:59 PM
He completely shut off the recruiting process because he has wanted to play baseball since he was a small kid. At the Texas High School All-Star football game he found out he could compete with the big boys. Completely outplayed Riley Dodge before tearing his ACL in the 4th quarter. It will be interesting to see how he does. He has the talent, but does he have the work ethic?

So he's going to be a WR?

Texas Cougar
05-06-2009, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
So he's going to be a WR?

Thats a good one. Too slow though. He is 6'3 205 with a 94 MPH fastball. He has the arm. Let see if he can make the reads.

cshscougar08
05-06-2009, 05:08 PM
Interesting. Hadn't heard that about Cranfill. My brother is slacking on keeping me up to date on all the happenings.

Texas Cougar
05-06-2009, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Interesting. Hadn't heard that about Cranfill. My brother is slacking on keeping me up to date on all the happenings.

Cunningham, LB coach, is the new DC.

cshscougar08
05-06-2009, 05:11 PM

Exciting. As for Cornell leaving, I say we get Stacy back in there, but no way she leaves her situation at Reicher. It's too perfect.

kepdawg
05-06-2009, 05:12 PM
Thats a good one. Too slow though. He is 6'3 205 with a 94 MPH fastball. He has the arm. Let see if he can make the reads.

Oh, I read "since" as "because" instead of "from the time." So I thought he was a small kid. And I just don't see Riley as a standard for QBs.

Texas Cougar
05-06-2009, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Exciting. As for Cornell leaving, I say we get Stacy back in there, but no way she leaves her situation at Reicher. It's too perfect.

It is perfect since she does not have to teach.

Texas Cougar
05-06-2009, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Oh, I read "since" as "because" instead of "from the time." So I thought he was a small kid. And I just don't see Riley as a standard for QBs.

Riley is definitely not the standard. Just the big name.

Rabid Cougar
05-06-2009, 09:37 PM
Riley is definitely not the standard. Just the big name.

No he just wins 5 A Championships like the sun rises.
Do not doubt Riley Dodge's competativeness.

kepdawg
05-06-2009, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar

Yeah, the sun rises once daily. Riley won state once as a qb.

(I know had he not been injured it is probable he would have one another one.)

And I don't see where anyone doubted Riley's competitiveness.

Texas Cougar
05-06-2009, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar

Riley and his Dad are both very competative. So are my brother and I on the golf course. Do we have and UNT homer brewing.

cshscougar08
05-06-2009, 11:25 PM
It is perfect since she does not have to teach.

Exactly. Just coach. Pretty sweet deal.

booger
05-07-2009, 02:30 PM

Was Cunningham the guy who WAS at Glen Rose a few years back as the head coach?

Texas Cougar
05-07-2009, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by booger
Was Cunningham the guy who WAS at Glen Rose a few years back as the head coach?

Yes that is the same guy.

booger
05-08-2009, 10:00 AM
How many coaches are leaving CS this year? Did the younger Bell take any with him?

Texas Cougar
05-08-2009, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by booger
How many coaches are leaving CS this year? Did the younger Bell take any with him?

I believe there are 3 including Shawn Bell. I have heard that Cummings, Jr. High Football and JV Baseball Coach, was going to Clifton with Shawn.

Rabid Cougar
05-08-2009, 09:08 PM
Former CS Coach Bynum is also at Clifton.