PDA

View Full Version : Andrew's Football

captain d
05-04-2009, 07:51 PM
Been really quite in that area. Saw tonight where Andrews was the fastest growing town in Texas. How are the Stangs doing? Will they move back up to 4a? Are they still in the spread and 3-4. What is the talent pool like. Coach Cordell does a very good job! How will they be this fall?

wildstangs
05-04-2009, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
That's extremely hard to believe. Where did you see this?

I agree. Especially with oil prices so low. Isn't Frisco the fastest growing?

95mustang
05-05-2009, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by captain d
Been really quite in that area. Saw tonight where Andrews was the fastest growing town in Texas. How are the Stangs doing? Will they move back up to 4a? Are they still in the spread and 3-4. What is the talent pool like. Coach Cordell does a very good job! How will they be this fall?

Andrews might be growing but I find it hard to imaging Andrews being the fastest growing town in Texas. I know that when the oil industry was booming they had a good growth spurt, but since the economy has turned downward I do not know if the growth has continued. It will be awhile before Andrews reaches 4a status if they ever do. Not only do they have a lower enrollment then when they were 4A before the numbers set by the UIL for 4A have been elevated also. I do think Andrews is a great community and they have always had outstanding facilities and with the recent upgrades they look like they will continue to do so. As for talent, there has always been a great talent pool in that area for the size fo the community. I hope they turn it around and get back to the Mustangs of the 90's.

Trashman
05-05-2009, 10:10 AM
They have a low level nuclear waste landfill, that mybe spuring some of the growth. Don't think it would make them the fastest growing town in the state though.:thinking:

Ex-Tiger2005
05-05-2009, 11:13 AM
I think they got a chance to be a team that no one really talks about and end up surprising a lot of people. Some of my family lives there and he said there is some upcomng talent. And if it aint this year then the next and they will be solid again!

Twirling Time
05-05-2009, 11:56 AM
That reminds me. I was looking at some old newspapers the other day, and the cutoff for 3A-4A back in 1962 was ... wait for it ... 950 students! That's like the cutoff between 4A-5A today. So the state of Texas has jumped a whole class in 46 years.

GreenMonster
05-05-2009, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Twirling Time
That reminds me. I was looking at some old newspapers the other day, and the cutoff for 3A-4A back in 1962 was ... wait for it ... 950 students! That's like the cutoff between 4A-5A today. So the state of Texas has jumped a whole class in 46 years. I'm confused. Is this backwards? Should this read "cutoff between 4a-5a in '62 was 950?" That would certainly make sense with current 3A-4A cutoff in the 1050 range.

captain d
05-05-2009, 12:07 PM
Heard it on the news about a month ago. Me and my wife just looked at eachother and thought the it sounded crazy. Didn't know if it was because of oil or what. Would agree with the other guys saying it is Frisco or McKinney.

Matthew328
05-05-2009, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I'm confused. Is this backwards? Should this read "cutoff between 4a-5a in '62 was 950?" That would certainly make sense with current 3A-4A cutoff in the 1050 range.

There was no 5A in 1962...4A was the largest class

GreenMonster
05-05-2009, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
There was no 5A in 1962...4A was the largest class Awesome, thanks for clearing that up Matt. I am most definitely confused as to what point was trying to be made by the previous post. :confused:

Russki
05-05-2009, 02:33 PM
Andrews not appear to be same place it once was. New leader took over and was victorious only 2 or 3 games. Leaders in Kremlin chose foreigner over West Texas favorites to lead troops. Time will tell if Black Mustangs can be team that is feared again in the West. Maybe so, maybe no comrades...

Pick6
05-05-2009, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Russki
Leaders in Kremlin chose foreigner over West Texas favorites to lead troops.

Well the foreigner does have 2 state appearances and 1 state title within the last 5 or so years.

Matthew328
05-05-2009, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Awesome, thanks for clearing that up Matt. I am most definitely confused as to what point was trying to be made by the previous post. :confused:

My guess is that in 1962 the cutoff for the state's largest class was 950 and in 2008 it was 1995 or something like that?

Matthew328
05-05-2009, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Russki
Andrews not appear to be same place it once was. New leader took over and was victorious only 2 or 3 games. Leaders in Kremlin chose foreigner over West Texas favorites to lead troops. Time will tell if Black Mustangs can be team that is feared again in the West. Maybe so, maybe no comrades...

The Russian bit is very underrated IMO I like it

captain d
05-05-2009, 09:17 PM
OK, I have ADD with the best of them. Let's see if we can focus! How is Andrews going to be, are they still going to be a spread team, ran a little "I" last year. Also ran a 3-4 defense but play in a run district, will they stay in it? I thought more about the growth in Andrews populations, they do have that great Chicken fried steak finger place, would that lead to it being the fastest growing town in Texas?

95mustang
05-05-2009, 09:28 PM
OK, I have ADD with the best of them. Let's see if we can focus! How is Andrews going to be, are they still going to be a spread team, ran a little "I" last year. Also ran a 3-4 defense but play in a run district, will they stay in it? I thought more about the growth in Andrews populations, they do have that great Chicken fried steak finger place, would that lead to it being the fastest growing town in Texas?

Buddy's Drive Inn Steak Fingers. Makes the mouth water just thinking about them. I sure miss them since I moved.

Trashman
05-05-2009, 10:31 PM
Heard it on the news about a month ago. Me and my wife just looked at eachother and thought the it sounded crazy. Didn't know if it was because of oil or what. Would agree with the other guys saying it is Frisco or McKinney.

They are getting this test reactor, could this be the reason for the sudden growth?

The High-Temperature Teaching and Test Reactor Energy Research Facility (nicknamed HT3R, or "heater") is a proposed $457 million multi-purpose energy research facility that is based on Generation IV (GEN-IV) reactor technologies and is to be located in Andrews County, Texas. Research planned for the facility's laboratories will cover issues relevant to: energy production (Hydrogen production, Electricity, and Fischer Tropsch-type fuels), power generation efficiency (Brayton cycle vs Rankine cycle), nuclear proliferation, nuclear waste transmutation, new nuclear fuel cycles, neutron research for basic science (such as is performed at the NIST center for neutron research (NCNR)), water purification with waste heat from the reactor, and shortages of qualified nuclear engineers. General Atomics worked with UTPB on the Pre-Conceptual Design for the facility, but project is now entering a new phase that is defined by a close working relationship with the Los Alamos National Laboratory.