PDA

View Full Version : Mother's Day Gifts...

Bullaholic
05-04-2009, 05:18 PM
Should a husband with children buy his wife a Mother's Day gift? I offered to give my mother-in-law a vacation to Kabul...:D

44INAROW
05-04-2009, 07:51 PM
If the kids are too small/little to get their mom a gift on their own - I think dad should get something from "all of them". I think it's nice for the dad to encourage the kiddos to make something or get something for mom (as the kids get older hopefully they take the hint and do it on their own). As I get older (eeww did I just say that?) I just like for all my family to get together for a nice time/meal and everyone "get along"

garciap77
05-04-2009, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Should a husband with children buy his wife a Mother's Day gift? I offered to give my mother-in-law a vacation to Kabul...:D

:D

jason
05-05-2009, 08:10 AM
my mom just likes us to all go play golf with her...

can't argue with that....

pancho villa
05-05-2009, 08:28 AM
My kids are getting Ms Villa a new vacuum cleaner!

garciap77
05-05-2009, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
My kids are getting Ms Villa a new vacuum cleaner!

:clap:

waterboy
05-05-2009, 08:45 AM
My wife mentioned that she wanted a digital camera instead of the usual jewelry and/or perfume. I was thinking about getting her a Sony Cyber-shot H2O, mainly because she is technologically challenged and it has enough features for me to use, too.;) Anybody on here know anything about cameras?

Looking4number8
05-05-2009, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
My wife mentioned that she wanted a digital camera instead of the usual jewelry and/or perfume. I was thinking about getting her a Sony Cyber-shot H2O, mainly because she is technologically challenged and it has enough features for me to use, too.;) Anybody on here know anything about cameras?

I know my Fugi S2000HD is awesome. Reasonable prices at about $300 (not sure what you want to spend) but it is easy to work for someone esle who is technologically challenged. It has 2 rapid shoot mode's that are really good for sports. Also 10 Mexipixal and 15X zoom. It does more than I could have ever hoped for for the money

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/s/finepix_s2000hd/index.html

waterboy
05-05-2009, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
I know my Fugi S2000HD is awesome. Reasonable prices at about $300 (not sure what you want to spend) but it is easy to work for someone esle who is technologically challenged. It has 2 rapid shoot mode's that are really good for sports. Also 10 Mexipixal and 15X zoom. It does more than I could have ever hoped for for the money

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/s/finepix_s2000hd/index.html
That sounds like a good one, too. The Sony I mentioned is a 10 Megapixel with a 10x optical zoom. I haven't looked to see what all the features are, but it looked really simple and was reasonably priced on sale at $229 at Best Buy. Yes, I will be using the camera I settle on to take pictures at the ball games. What about memory cards? I know absolutely nothing about them. How many pictures would a 2 MB hold?

Ex-Tiger2005
05-05-2009, 10:59 AM
We are getting the wife a gift so I guess we say yes to this question.

LH Panther Mom
05-05-2009, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
and everyone "get along"
:confused: :confused: Say what? :1omg!:

wildstangs
05-05-2009, 06:49 PM
I need a gift idea for my wife. Our boy isn't due until May 29th, but thought I would get her a mothers day gift this year since she is having to lug that heavy guy around.

44INAROW
05-05-2009, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
I need a gift idea for my wife. Our boy isn't due until May 29th, but thought I would get her a mothers day gift this year since she is having to lug that heavy guy around.

oh yes, excellent idea.. ;)

BwdLion73
05-05-2009, 09:10 PM
20 something years ago I told my wife....but your not my mother...Oh Yeah I'm getting something for her for mothers day.

:doh: ;)

poisoned10
05-07-2009, 10:24 AM
I got my wife a day at the spa.

A 60-minute sweedish massage and a spa manicure and spa pedicure.

RedWhiteBlue
05-07-2009, 11:58 AM
I'm getting a day of fishing and a picnic....... :D

SintonFan
05-07-2009, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Yes...AND
I have to foot the bill for my kids to buy their Mother something. I miss the days when they were content with making macaroni card art.:clap:
I am such a cheap bastard...:doh: