PDA

View Full Version : ISP's Satellite or Cellular?

icu812
05-04-2009, 05:06 PM
Can't get cable/dsl in my area. I currently have a wireless service at the office which works great because I have a clear view of the tower. I do not have a clear view of the tower at home without constructing a 60' tower. I do have a clear view of the satellite and can get a pretty strong cell signal. I would probably choose Hughesnet or Verizon/Altell wireless. I need some opinions, which is better?

lepfan
05-04-2009, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by icu812
Can't get cable/dsl in my area. I currently have a wireless service at the office which works great because I have a clear view of the tower. I do not have a clear view of the tower at home without constructing a 60' tower. I do have a clear view of the satellite and can get a pretty strong cell signal. I would probably choose Hughesnet or Verizon/Altell wireless. I need some opinions, which is better? My mom and dad have Hughesnet...it is slower than my Altell aircard. If you have good cell phone signal at your house your aircard should work good. Me, personally I prefer the air card....but then I like to have the option to take mine with me where ever I go.