PDA

View Full Version : Pudlugger's Player of the Week

Pudlugger
10-06-2003, 07:26 PM
Each week in district play, and hopefully the play-offs, Pudlugger will highlight one of the Leps players who has demonstrated exceptional play,character or leadership on the 2003 La Grange Leopard football team.
This week's player (and the first) is Keith Hickle #64. Hickle, 280 lb 5'11" jr, is currently the starting center for the Leps. Keith was right tackle until Coach V re-aligned the offensive line to bolster the center and free up Krause to play defense. The name Hickle is a familiar one in Leopard country, his father is an assistant coach and his brother, Jarod, was an all state center in 2000. Keith was a load for the DTs at tackle, and now he puts his weight and speed into the middle of the line. Last week against Hempstead Hickle mowed down the noseguards and Mlbs to open huge holes for the Leopard tailback, Cody Wilson #33. With Stiffler moving to right OT, the line is solid from tackle to tackle with all district TE Schramm lining up to worry the defense deep and over the middle. Hickle has both strength and agility and will surely make an impression in this year's district play. Congratulations Keith and go after Manor! :D

oldlep27
10-06-2003, 07:56 PM
I think old pudlugger needs his own space in the Fayette County Record. Nice writing Mr. Stiffler

Josh

Pudlugger
10-06-2003, 08:02 PM
oldlep27:
I think old pudlugger needs his own space in the Fayette County Record. Nice writing Mr. Stiffler

JoshThanks Josh, but its Dr. :)

lepfan
10-06-2003, 08:18 PM
Good choice. Keith is a great team player as well as a good kid...(oops) young man.

Pudlugger
10-07-2003, 12:23 PM
ttt

Gobbla2001
10-07-2003, 12:27 PM
Maybe everyone should do a player of the week thing for their team...

underware
10-07-2003, 12:29 PM
Do the cheerleaders count? WaHoo!!

trojandad
10-07-2003, 01:28 PM
Pud, I gotta ask this my friend and you of all people know my heart's in the right place when I ask, but I gotta know.....(I sound like the boy in the Titans movie, lol)

After the American Pie movies, how much grief did your son take in school over his name? I can't imagine. Well actually I can, my first name is Chad and there weren't a lot of us when I was in school. And, of course, that Chatty Cathy doll came out as soon as I hit school and all the kids pulled the fruit loop on the back of my shirt like the Chatty Cathy doll's string and I went home with more ripped shirts. So maybe I CAN imagine. LOL

booger1
10-07-2003, 02:58 PM
trojandad:
Pud, I gotta ask this my friend and you of all people know my heart's in the right place when I ask, but I gotta know.....(I sound like the boy in the Titans movie, lol)

After the American Pie movies, how much grief did your son take in school over his name? I can't imagine. Well actually I can, my first name is Chad and there weren't a lot of us when I was in school. And, of course, that Chatty Cathy doll came out as soon as I hit school and all the kids pulled the fruit loop on the back of my shirt like the Chatty Cathy doll's string and I went home with more ripped shirts. So maybe I CAN imagine. LOLThat's what I was thinking! But at least his name was not Jim, if you have seen the 1st one you will know what I mean! eek!

Pudlugger
10-07-2003, 09:36 PM
trojandad:

After the American Pie movies, how much grief did your son take in school over his name? I can't imagine. Well actually I can, my first name is Chad and there weren't a lot of us when I was in school. And, of course, that Chatty Cathy doll came out as soon as I hit school and all the kids pulled the fruit loop on the back of my shirt like the Chatty Cathy doll's string and I went home with more ripped shirts. So maybe I CAN imagine. LOLWell, there are only a handfull of Stifflers in the bigest phone books and I grew up in Los Angeles. I figure I p****ed somebody off and they made a screen play to make me look bad. I know it sounds paranoid but hey, even paranoids have enemies. Both my sons seem pretty cool about it. Actually, my eldest son is a sophomore at Trinity University and everyone there thinks its cool. He was rushed by all the frats---everyone wanted STIFFLER in their frat! He is careful not to introduce his mom though (she is very pretty too). :D

<small>[ October 08, 2003, 06:57 AM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

trojandad
10-08-2003, 10:02 AM
I'm SO proud you brought that up about Stiffler's mom, I had WAY too much respect for you to even THINK about going there.

That response bough you a 5 and one of my world famous sausage on a stick, whenever you care to cash in, my friend. Have laughed for 10 minutes!