PDA

View Full Version : Could your school ever?

kepdawg
05-01-2009, 12:27 PM
Could your school/community ever enter into a joint venture with a neighboring school/community to build and use a shared football stadium? Assuming your school was close enough to a neighboring community that distance alone would not make it impractical. Are there any such arrangements across the state where separate districts share facilities?

garciap77
05-01-2009, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Could your school/community ever enter into a joint venture with a neighboring school/community to build and use a shared football stadium? Assuming your school was close enough to a neighboring community that distance alone would not make it impractical. Are there any such arrangements across the state where separate districts share facilities?

Abilene High and Abilene Cooper share Shotwell Stadium.

bwdlionfan
05-01-2009, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Abilene High and Abilene Cooper share Shotwell Stadium.

Those schools are in the same ISD though... I think he meant different ISDs.... say for example.. Brownwood and Early or Abilene Wylie, Cooper, and Abilene High

Ex-Tiger2005
05-01-2009, 12:55 PM
Can you imagine Snyder and Sweetwater sharing something? That would be murder if we had to do that!!!

GreenMonster
05-01-2009, 12:58 PM
Know of some districts that have shared facilities due to extinuating circumstances. There are no rules against it that I culd imagine, but I woundn't suspect two districts would want to share ownership of a facility. I could see two disticts using the same facility just one would own it and the other would lease it for obvious reasons.

Emerson1
05-01-2009, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
Can you imagine Snyder and Sweetwater sharing something? That would be murder if we had to do that!!!
Two overrated teams playing in an overrated stadium. Fits nicely

Sweetwater Red
05-01-2009, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

Bullaholic
05-01-2009, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005

Ditto for Bridgeport and Decatur---the Israelis and the Palestinians would stand a better chace of sharing a stadium...

Ranger Mom
05-01-2009, 01:19 PM
Every once in a while Midland Lee and Midland High let Greenwood use Grande.....does that count??

We are Greenwood ISD and they are Midland ISD!!:D

turbostud
05-01-2009, 03:55 PM
When I was in school, Callisburg used to borrow our track. They had the hottest chicks and we loved when they would come over to practice. We had a nickname for them but I cant say it on here. :D

garciap77
05-01-2009, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1

:stirpot:

:1popcorn:

LH Panther Mom
05-01-2009, 06:18 PM
Leander is in the process of rebuilding Bible Stadium and Georgetown just built a new stadium a year or two ago. I can't imagine us "sharing" with either of them. Heck, there's already a few HS's using Bible.

sinfan75
05-01-2009, 06:21 PM
Sinton, Taft and Odem could. Put it on 631 and it would be perfect distance for all teams.

BaseballUmp
05-01-2009, 06:21 PM
I know 3A Rudder plays on 5A Bryan High's field

Rabid Cougar
05-01-2009, 06:36 PM
Celina and Southlake Carroll let the Dallas Cowboys play in the old Stadium in Irving.