PDA

View Full Version : My 1,000th Post

cshscougar08
05-01-2009, 08:08 AM
Just a quick little biography about myself for my 1000th post.

My name is Luke and I am currently a freshman (for two more weeks) journalism major at the University of Oklahoma. I live in Waco and graduated from China Spring High School last May. I moved to Waco at the beginning of my freshman year because my dad was accepted to Baylor and he was going to work on his Ph.D in New Testament. He will graduate in December. He accepted a job at Gardner-Webb University in Boiling Springs, North Carolina a few weeks ago, so we will be moving to North Carolina next summer. My brother will be a senior at CS this upcoming year and my sister will be a freshman. Before moving to Waco, we lived in Clover, South Carolina for 10 years. I was actually born in Bensheim, Germany and we lived there for three and a half years.

If you have read my signatures, you know that I am a solid believer and follower of Christ. I try my hardest to live my life for Him and to accomplish the task that He set before all of us: make disciples. It's a struggle sometimes, but thank goodness we serve a loving and forgiving God who loves us no matter what we do. I urge you all as well to work towards that task that God has for us. Work at it and hopefully one day we will all hear, "Well done my good and faithful servant. Come and share in your father's happiness."

In high school, I was the do-it-all guy. I literally was a part of every organization in school at one time or another except for Art Club cause I suck at it. I was heavily involved with NHS, LEO Club, FCA, Band, and Choir. I loved being involved in things and interacting with people of every grade level. I'm a people person without a doubt. I can relate to just about anyone, find out where they are in life, talk to them they way they are used to being talked to.

I love it here at OU and can't believe that my freshman year is about over. It's been an unbelievable experience and God has blessed me in so many different ways. I will remain at OU when my family moves to North Carolina summer 2010. No way would I ever transfer. I hope to pursue a career in sportscasting with my journalism degree. However at this point, I'm aiming just to get in the sports journalism field in some capacity. My goal is sportscasting, but writing is not a bad option either. We'll see where God takes me.

garciap77
05-01-2009, 08:13 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Keep up the good work and :

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/1172276080-gb-Congrats__Smiley.gif

GP77

P.S. Too bad I cann't post your pic from our playoff game! :D

SintonFan
05-01-2009, 09:21 AM
Congratulations.
Nice little bio.:clap:

Ranger Mom
05-01-2009, 09:27 AM
Congrats Luke!!!

Good luck with your chosen field and always keep the faith!!

pirate4state
05-01-2009, 09:33 AM
Luke! Man I was way off the other day when I was telling LHPM that you had asked about softball playoffs. :doh:

I'm wondering now if you ever told me your name? :thinking:

Anyway... :D

Congrats on 1000 & good luck, even if you are at OU :p ;)

44INAROW
05-01-2009, 09:51 AM
Nice post Luke. Keep up the good work and only 500 more post and you can have a cool avatar ;)

cshscougar08
05-01-2009, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Nice post Luke. Keep up the good work and only 500 more post and you can have a cool avatar ;)

Well I'm sure all the tu people won't think it's so cool! ;)

Trashman
05-01-2009, 05:34 PM
Sounds like you have it all under control. Many will try, but don't let any human change you into something you're not.:2thumbsup:

LH Panther Mom
05-01-2009, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Luke! Man I was way off the other day when I was telling LHPM that you had asked about softball playoffs. :doh:

I'm wondering now if you ever told me your name? :thinking:

I knew it, but old-timers hit me that day and I couldn't remember. :doh:

Congrats and keep up the good works. :2thumbsup

zebrablue2
05-01-2009, 06:07 PM
congrats, and keep up the good things u are doing..

WOS87
05-01-2009, 06:07 PM
Great post Luke! I'm taking advantage of it being my 2400th post to reply to you right now. Good luck at OU and best of luck to you!