PDA

View Full Version : Bellville Baseball

Bull's-eye
02-11-2004, 07:27 PM
Like to know some information on the Bull's team. I see that they have most of their players returning from last year. How is their pitching staff shaping up? Will Buenger be able to pitch? Any new additions or young talent joining the team?

BrahmaMom
02-12-2004, 10:12 AM
Bull's Eye, you better come watch these Brahmas. They are going to be a strong team. Pitching is deep, Buenger should be stronger than ever this year, Goeke and Meadows can pitch and I'm leaving somebody, maybe two, out because my memory is gone these days. Returners at every position. The catcher is experienced and I think one of the best in 3A (I've watched a lot of catching in my day--this I can remember, selective memory isn't helpful!). They are going to be an exciting team. And hey, wait till you see their new fence; my youngest son(the former Brahma waterman)calls it The Big Green Monster---very intimidating. Gonna be tough to hit it over unless they pull one direction or the other. I'm looking forward to the season--see you there! Go Brahmas!!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-12-2004, 11:38 AM
Bellville sould make a good run for it this year, with the 1,2 punch of an all state candidate pitcher Buenger, you also have Luedke comming back after picking up the slack, when Jess could not pitch. If Jess is back at full steam on the mound, you can almost put the Bulls down for a win. You have a lot of Baseball fans that are excited about the return of Buenger to the mound this year. If thats the case and he pitches there will be many happy baseball fans. I hope his arm has healed from last season, seeing how he could throw the football, he seems to be right on track.
Look for Jess to have a good year on the mound, and become a all state pitcher!!!!

BIG19
02-12-2004, 01:09 PM
Now if it would only QUIT raining and dry up a bit......

Bellville22
02-12-2004, 02:39 PM
FormerBellvilleBrahma:
Bellville sould make a good run for it this year, with the 1,2 punch of an all state candidate pitcher Buenger, you also have Luedke comming back after picking up the slack, when Jess could not pitch. If Jess is back at full steam on the mound, you can almost put the Bulls down for a win. You have a lot of Baseball fans that are excited about the return of Buenger to the mound this year. If thats the case and he pitches there will be many happy baseball fans. I hope his arm has healed from last season, seeing how he could throw the football, he seems to be right on track.
Look for Jess to have a good year on the mound, and become a all state pitcher!!!!Hate to burst your bubble, but Buenger's return to the mound might not happen.

Bellville22
02-12-2004, 02:47 PM
Bull's-eye:
Like to know some information on the Bull's team. I see that they have most of their players returning from last year. How is their pitching staff shaping up? Will Buenger be able to pitch? Any new additions or young talent joining the team?Bull's eye: The Brahmas should field a pretty solid squad this year. The return almost all of their position players, as well as Jr. lefty Luetge on the mound. The top of the lineup of Bryant, Keicke, and Buenger should be as good as any in the state. If a few guys can step up at the bottom of the lineup, this team can score some runs. Luetge matured alot on the mound last year in Buenger's abscence. Look for him to continue to improve, and have a solid year. Not sure we're gonna see much throwing, if at all, out of Buenger. I hate that as much as the next person, but no reason to mess up a bright future pushing too much right now. Still expect him to be the leader of the team at SS and in the line-up. Meadows did an excellent job pitching at the end of last year, the Sr. has a good head on his shoulders, and should have a great year. A few other guys can pitch as well.

Cerny always fields competitive, fundamentally sound teams, this year should be no different. He's one of the best coaches in the state, and I'm confident he'll have the Brahmas at the top of their game. The Bulls are in a fairly tough district, but should battle Sealy for the crown. Unfortunately, they find themselves in probably the toughest region in the state in Region III. A playoff run through Reg III will be hell for any team.

Should be a fun year, I expect good things, I can't wait for the season to get here. And seriously, when is it going to stop raining?

Bull's-eye
02-12-2004, 06:56 PM
Thanks BrahmaMom, FBB and Bellville22. I knew I could count on the 3 of you to keep me updated. Looks like I will have to make a few trips to the Bellville baseball field. Hey, it stopped raining in Sugar Land!

Bellville22
02-13-2004, 02:53 PM
Look forward to seeing you there 'Bull's-eye'. The new look at the ballpark should provide a great atmosphere, and some good baseball. I can't wait.

BrahmaMom
02-14-2004, 11:32 AM
Thanks, 22, I always forget that "little" Luetge! He is very talented, I just remember the older brother. Hate to hear Jess won't be on the mound much, I love to watch him throw. That kind of talent is like art, wow. Can't say I disagree with the thinking, though. The bats will be strong and sure off this Brahma team, Bull's Eye, you are going to HAVE to make the trip. I promise it will be worth it. Go Bulls!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-15-2004, 09:02 PM
Can we get a RED HUMMER for Jess if he pitches for the Brahmas? :D

CheerMom
02-16-2004, 10:25 AM
Good Luck to the Brahmas. I'll be watching the Raiders, but unfortuantely our baseball program never has been able to get off the ground. We have talent, but never seem to have the discipline to use it.

BrahmaMom
02-17-2004, 11:03 AM
Thanks, CheerMom, guess we'll be meeting you lots next year. Thanks for cheering for our Brahmas this season. Good luck to your guys.

XMan
02-18-2004, 08:20 AM
Anyone know how the Brahmas fared against La Grange on Monday? Did Buenger pitch any? Did Bellville ever put the ball in play against LG's pitching?

Bellville22
02-18-2004, 03:56 PM
XMan:
Anyone know how the Brahmas fared against La Grange on Monday? Did Buenger pitch any? Did Bellville ever put the ball in play against LG's pitching?Don't know the score, who won, or anything, but I do know that Buenger had 2 hits off of Homer Bailey, one a shot to the warning track. He did not pitch.

BrahmaMom
02-18-2004, 09:28 PM
Bellville hung in there against the Leps. Meadows pitched the first 3 innings against Bailey and the score was 1-0 when he went out. The scouts had to be intimidating to the Brahmas, I understand there were dozens there watching Homer. We only lost by a couple runs, I think. Lucas Luetge has joined the team now that he is finished basketball. Someone out there fill us in. Glad to hear Buenger got some nice hits, this is a strong hitting Brahma club all the way around, I think.

Brahma73
02-19-2004, 09:28 PM
FormerBellvilleBrahma:
Can we get a RED HUMMER for Jess if he pitches for the Brahmas? :D Hey...what about MY red hummer, FBB????

BrahmaMom
02-20-2004, 08:02 AM
Maybe Jess will share!!! Especially if you pick up the tab for the insurance!! All good Brahma fans should get one! I don't really like them, so I'll just stick with my plain cars! But 73, you'd look good in one, when Jess lets borrow it!

Brahma73
02-20-2004, 01:09 PM
BrahmaMom:
Maybe Jess will share!!! Especially if you pick up the tab for the insurance!! All good Brahma fans should get one! I don't really like them, so I'll just stick with my plain cars! But 73, you'd look good in one, when Jess lets borrow it!I appreciate a woman with a taste for handsome men! :rolleyes:

Bull's-eye
03-03-2004, 12:30 PM
I read in the Chronicle that Bellville beat Montgomery and have a record of 3-0. I see that they have been scoring 9 or 10 runs a game. Can someone fill me in on some details?

Bellville22
03-03-2004, 01:19 PM
I went to the game last night. Yea, Bellville won 10-3. Luetge started and did a brilliant job. Pitched 4 innings, didn't allow a hit, and had 5 or 6 K's. Looked great this soon out of basketball. Big hits that I remember... Bryant was 2 for 2 at one time, Kiecke had a triple, Justin Buenger had a bases loaded double, Jess Buenger had a hit, and Warnecke hit one hard. Jess pitched the final inning. No hits, a ground out, and 2 Ks, looked sharp.

As I've said before, the top 3 of this order is as good as any, and the bottom seems to be producing, if the middle 3 can step up, they can be dangerous. Buenger appears healthy, and if Lucas can continue to carry a heavy load, this team can do great things. Very tough region though.

Look forward to seeing you at the park, 'Bulls-Eye'

Bell_06
03-03-2004, 10:15 PM
Bellville22:
I went to the game last night. Yea, Bellville won 10-3. Luetge started and did a brilliant job. Pitched 4 innings, didn't allow a hit, and had 5 or 6 K's. Looked great this soon out of basketball. Big hits that I remember... Bryant was 2 for 2 at one time, Kiecke had a triple, Justin Buenger had a bases loaded double, Jess Buenger had a hit, and Warnecke hit one hard. Jess pitched the final inning. No hits, a ground out, and 2 Ks, looked sharp.

As I've said before, the top 3 of this order is as good as any, and the bottom seems to be producing, if the middle 3 can step up, they can be dangerous. Buenger appears healthy, and if Lucas can continue to carry a heavy load, this team can do great things. Very tough region though.

Look forward to seeing you at the park, 'Bulls-Eye'I can't believe you were out watching baseball when there was a perfectly good softball game being played by the Bellville girls :) You missed all kinds of action, seeing how your kid sister hit a double. Ahhh don't you feel bad now wink

Bellville22
03-03-2004, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the guilt, but I hadn't seen my 2 cousins play yet, and they were much closer. I've seen lil sis play 3 times already this year :D Sounds like she did fine without me though, as did the rest of the Nettes. I will be at one of the games Friday though. wink

Bell_06
03-03-2004, 11:44 PM
The girls play 3 on Friday.... come to all of them.. there is a big break around lunch.. would be a great gesture if you took the team out for lunch.

Actually I thought your dad was going to have to hit the field when Delanie was laying on the field injured... worse then injured she wasn't moving an inch and laid like that for a good minute or more. For a brief moment the field was clear and all that was out there was a lifeless body half way to second. She doesn't remember ever returning to the dugout but somehow geared up and played on... who says these girls aren't tough.

Bellville22
03-03-2004, 11:48 PM
I'm certain that Delanie is one of the toughest "ladies" around wink , I've seen her stand in there at home plate as runners are coming home.

And I would love to take the darling young ladies out for lunch on my college budget :D , however I actually will be making a bit of money tomorrow as I'm subbing at the high school. I will be at the 5:00 game though, then maybe my mommy or daddy will take me to dinner! :D

Bell_06
03-04-2004, 12:23 AM
I have the game listed as being on Friday not Thursday.. I could be wrong... lol.. doesn't happen often but every now and then.... we both might want to check

Bellville22
03-04-2004, 10:00 AM
My mistake (of course :D ) I meant I sub Friday.

BrahmaMom
03-05-2004, 07:09 AM
Continue to hear very good things about this Brahma team. Sounds like everyone is coming around quickly. A win against 4A Montgomery was unheard of several years back. Keep it up Brahmas! Let's take it all the way! Wonder if Wharton tourney will be cancelled like it is so many years due to rain?

Bull's-eye
03-05-2004, 01:47 PM
Does anybody know Bellville's schedule? I would like to see them play in Wharton.

KL3
03-05-2004, 03:06 PM
Bull's-eye, I know that their games yesterday in Wharton were postponed, but I don't know if they actually played at all or not. I should find out sometime today, and I'll post back on here.

KL3
03-05-2004, 04:09 PM
Bellville lost to 5A Cy Springs today in the Wharton tournament 16-10. Bellville had their chances, leaving the bases loaded a couple of times and making a few errors. A bright spot came when Bellville's Jess Buenger hit a 3-run homer.

They play again tomorrow at 9 a.m., but I'm not sure after that.

Bull's-eye
03-05-2004, 05:40 PM
KL3, thanks for the info.

BrahmaMom
03-05-2004, 07:01 PM
The Wharton tournament is always tough on my Brahmas. Lots of big schools, bad weather most years. The La Grange tourney is usually a fun, if wet and cold one, next weekend. Then the second w/e of spring break is my favorite, the Weimar tournament. Good luck, Brahmas! Make those hits count!

KL3
03-06-2004, 12:46 PM
Bellville beat Cuero this morning 12-3. Brandt Goeke was the winning pitcher and Andy Meadows hit a homerun. Bellville will play Cy Springs again tonight at 6.

KaktusJack
03-06-2004, 10:44 PM
Wharton 9 Bellville 2. Wharton wins 3rd place game. Cy-Springs and Jersey Village play at 9 p.m. for 1st place. Bellville team stymied by Wharton pitcher. 2 runs allowed were unearned. I can tell Bellville has a good team. They had some hard line drives, but they just didnt fall tonight. Buenger kid did not pitch. A lefty started the game and did ok first time around but second go round he got pounded. #5 pitcher did not have much luck either.

Bull's-eye
03-06-2004, 11:40 PM
Congratulations to Wharton and their pitcher. He was one of the better pitchers of the tournament. Most of the teams became very thin in the pitching department. Bellville started a JV pitcher, saving their aces for Brenham on Tuesday. In Bellville's defense, it was a very long day. Most of the players had to be up by 5 this morning, travel to Wharton and play a 9 a.m. game. The seven hours of hanging around the field, looked to have taken away most of their energy.

<small>[ March 06, 2004, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: Bull's-eye ]</small>

BrahmaMom
03-07-2004, 09:49 AM
You're right, Bull's Eye, it was a long day for the Brahmas. I am proud they won one, sounds like Goeke did a good job, congrats to Brandt and to Andy Meadows on his HR! We are gonna be great this year, should go deep into the play-offs. The Brenham game is always a fun rivalry, hope I can see some of it. Good luck Bulls! Now the fun begins!

Bull's-eye
03-09-2004, 09:51 PM
I just heard Bellville defeated 4a power Brenham and their #1 pitcher 6-2. Bellville pitchers combined for 11 strike-outs. Way to go Bulls!!!

BrahmaMom
03-10-2004, 08:48 AM
Didn't get to the game last night, but doesn't sound like the Bulls missed me. Woohoo, those boys are too hot to handle! Way to go, Brahmas!!!!!

Bellville22
03-10-2004, 10:04 AM
The Brahmas did defeat Brenham last night in Brenham, and did defeat the Cubs' ace, although this was his first start since returning from an ankle injury. Nevertheless, the Bulls hit the ball very well throughout the lineup.

The Brahmas jumped on the Cubs early with 2 in the top of the first. They continued to hit the ball well the entire game. The got another quality start out of Jr. Luetge, who threw 4 solid innings, I believe only one of the runs was earned, a HR. Didn't have great control, but kept the Brenham hitters off balance. Meadows then threw an inning, followed by Richardson. Buenger threw the last inning and looked impressive.

Defensively, the Bulls have some work to do, but the sticks seem to be alive, and the arms are throwing well. Cerny will get the defensive kinks worked out, this team will compete very well.

KL3
03-10-2004, 01:31 PM
Attended the game last night with Bellville22. Like him, I was very impressed with our hitting. Bellville had 9 hits compared to Brenham's 4, and also had another 4 or 5 very well hit balls that were hit right at the defense. Bellville committed 5 errors, but still managed to defeat Brenham.

Like Bellville22 has said before, the top of this lineup can match up with anyone, but what really has me excited is the potential of the bottom of this order. If the Soph. Buenger can continue hitting like he is in the 6 hole, Jr. Luetge and Jr. Wernecke batting 7th and 8th doing the same, and with Goeke and his speed batting 9th, this lineup will be as good as any.

BrahmaMom
03-11-2004, 02:02 PM
Looks like the weather is going to be nicer than in years past for the LaGrange tournament (just your luck, huh 22 and KL3--you guys had some cold, wet days there). Keep the board posted as to when the Brahmas play, may try to run over there. Thanks, cheer for me if I don't make it. GO BRAHMAS!!!

KL3
03-11-2004, 02:54 PM
BrahmaMom, they play today at 2:30 vs. Yoakum. If they win, they play La Grange tomorrow, not sure what time though. I would imagine that would be an evening or night game.

KL3
03-11-2004, 07:20 PM
Bellville beat Yoakum today 14-5 to improve to 6-2 overall on the season. They will play the winner of the La Grange/Rockdale game tomorrow night at 7:30.

Bull's-eye
03-11-2004, 08:03 PM
Hey KL3, do you have any details of the game? Looks like a great game is brewing for tomorrow night!

Bellville22
03-11-2004, 08:51 PM
Certainly a good one brewing tomorrow night. If talk amongst the dads is correct (and it usually is), Homer Bailey will be throwing against the Bulls tomorrow night. He's one of the Top 10 Prospects in the nation, and certainly worth the trip if you live in the area.

The Brahmas have seen him once this year. They managed 3 hits in 3 innings I believe, a double and a single coming off the bat of Buenger.

The Brahma bats have been alive lately, this will be a tremendous challenge for them. In my opinion, LG is the top 3A team in the state, and my pick to take state. Come out and support the Bulls as they go for the upset. Bellville/LG always seem to have great games against each other.

*** Doubt this is the case, but should LG lose to Rockdale tonight, disregard everything above. :hand:

KL3
03-11-2004, 10:32 PM
Some notes I gathered from the game today......

- Brandt Goeke was the starting pitcher, went 5 innings (thats all they played) and pitched very well.

- Wernecke continued his hot hitting, smashing 2 to the wall

- Buenger had his regular game, 3 hits, including a smash over the CF's head

- Zboril also had a couple of good hits

BrahmaMom
03-11-2004, 10:39 PM
Sounds like the Brahmas are on fire! I hope to make part of the game tomorrow night. Thanks for keeping us posted on times. You're right, 22, seeing Bailey is worth the trip. Will Jess pitch at all? I guess we'll start with the little Luetge? The Bulls are a hitting machine this year! Go Brahmas!

XMan
03-13-2004, 10:14 AM
What is the scoop from this game fri. night? It should have been a real barn burner.

BrahmaMom
03-13-2004, 05:39 PM
I assume Bellville lost--I saw players eating an early lunch in town, which would put them playing around 3:30-5 this afternoon for Consolation, right? I figure 22 and KL3 slept in, then probably had to rush to make the game and couldn't fill us in. Talked to someone from Brenham today, they said the Brenham first baseman's mom said the Cubs were scared to death of Buenger Tuesday night, but were really shook that Meadows pitched so well. Didn't know he threw against them since I didn't make the game. Who pitched last night? Would love a rundown, guys (hint, hint). I hope we at least hit Bailey some, and the way we've been hitting, I'll bet we did. Go Bulls!

BrahmaMom
03-13-2004, 10:32 PM
Gentlemen, I really wish you'd give us the update on the LaGrange game and then today's game. Please, I know it's Saturday night, but I am leaving town tomorrow afternoon. I guess you are staying for the championship game, so then you can fill us in on that, too. Thanks, guys!

Brahma73
03-14-2004, 12:56 AM
La Grange beat Bellville 2-0. Bailey was unbelievable according to my source (Bellville22). Struck out 17. Two hits were both by Buenger.

Bull's-eye
03-14-2004, 11:04 AM
I went to the LaGrange tournament. Like Brahma73 said, Bellville lost to LaGrange 2-0. Meadows pitched well for the Brahmas, but scoring runs off Homer Bailey was the big problem. He is the real deal! We sat next to a scout, who was clocking Bailey at 93-95 mph all night long. His curve ball is one of the best and he has great control. Buenger had the only 2 hits, one a infield single and the other an opposite field double. I got to talk to Bellville22 and KL3, they were on their way to Arizona for spring break.
Bellville came back to defeat Sealy 15-5 to win 3rd place. Zboril had a grand slam over the left field fence. Luetge had a good day hitting, with 2 or 3 hits. Bellville used several pitchers to hold Sealy in check. Buenger and Luetge were named to the all-tournament team.

BrahmaMom
03-14-2004, 11:22 AM
Thanks, 73. Glad to hear Jess (I'm assuming that's the Buenger that got the hits)showed Bailey he's not scared of him! That boy's really having a great hitting streak! How'd we do in the last game? Anyone? Please notice, 22 and KL3, 73 is the one who had to fill us in a little! Maturity wins out!

BrahmaMom
03-14-2004, 11:38 AM
Thanks, Bull's Eye. For some reason your post just came on my computer. Great update, now I understand why 22 and KL3 seemed to desert me! Glad to hear Meadows pitched well against LG; I knew Bailey would be tough. I'm so excited to hear Zboril is following in his big bro's footsteps with HR's. Congrats to Buenger and Luedke for All Tourney. Wish I coulda seen the game against Sealy--how'd Brantley do? Was he still floating on Cloud 9? Congrats Bulls, way to bounce back from facing the next Josh Beckett!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-14-2004, 09:59 PM
Sounds like Bellville had a good week of baseball going 3-1, Beating 4a Brenham, in Brenham the so called capital of baseball, was great! then beating Yoakum, and Sealy. The loss to La Grange wasnt all that bad 2-0, considering the pitcher they have. Sounds like this baily kid is ready for the pros?
Good luck to the Brahmas!!!

scotty
03-15-2004, 12:50 PM
Brahma Mom, thanks for your interest in Justin. He may be the biggest shortstop in high school baseball and he went 5-8 at bat for the week.

BrahmaMom
03-15-2004, 09:47 PM
No problem, Scotty, Austin County is proud of Justin. He is one beautiful athlete (he won't like that word, but he is one of a kind!)! What a great batting average he must have! Soon I'll get in my groove and make the baseball games. Won't make the Weimar tourney, though. Got a football scrimmage in Houston to see. First time that boy's been on the field in some time!

BrahmaMom
03-16-2004, 07:00 PM
No double header tonight for the Brahmas. Old habits die hard. Must be cuz 22 and KL3 are out of town!! Rest up, Brahmas, Weimar will be FUN!! Go Bulls!

BrahmaMom
03-18-2004, 11:43 AM
Good Luck, Brahmas, as you head to Weimar! It is always a fun tournament, usually great weather, and I expect you guys can take it all in this one. One game at a time. I can't wait to hear the results, though with 22 and KL3 on spring break, I know the updates will be spotty. No matter, go out there and have fun! Go Bulls!

Bull's-eye
03-19-2004, 01:17 PM
Any scores or news from the Weimar tournament?

Bellville22
03-19-2004, 11:29 PM
Bellville 5, Halletsville 3

No Details.

Just got back from Spring Training in Arizona. Wanted to comment on Homer Bailey last week. This kid is one of the most polished pitchers I've ever seen at this level. Saw 2 pitchers throw at MLB Spring Training Sunday, neither were on the level of Bailey. According to Baseball America, has the 3rd best fastball, and 2nd best curveball in the nation. Should be a Top 10 pick, could do amazing things if healthy.

And mad props to my boy Jess. Buenger is 4 for 5 off Bailey this year with 2 doubles, one off the wall.

BrahmaMom
03-20-2004, 06:17 PM
Glad y'all made it back safely, 22. We moms tend to worry. Keep the board informed on the Weimar tourney, please.

Bull's-eye
03-21-2004, 12:59 AM
Bellville ends up second at the Weimar tournament. They lost a heartbreaker to LaGrange 8-7. Bellville trailed early 3-0 but came back to take a 7-4 lead. Meadows delivered a 3 run homer for the Bulls. LaGrange battled back to score 3 runs in the top of the 7th to tie the game at 7. Bellville had their second runner of the night, thrown out at the plate trying to score on a 2-out single to right field. This forced the game to extra innings, where LaGrange scored a run in the top of the ninth and then held Bellville to win the game. Goeke, Meadows and Luetge received all-tourney honors.

BrahmaMom
03-21-2004, 10:40 AM
Wow, I'll bet we shook LG! Congrats, Brahmas, y'all put up a fight till the end! Congrats to Goeke, Meadows and Luetge on All Tournament--wish I'd seen that BIG HR! Now, we are about ready for district play! If you can hang with La Grange, you're READY! Go Bulls!

XMan
03-21-2004, 12:59 PM
My question is why didnt bellville bring in their closer (Buenger) after the leadoff walk or homerun that followed in the 7th? Bellville has the #1 team down 3 and choked it away. Seems to me a top notch closer would be begging to get in and shut the door on LaGrange's undefeated season but thats just me. Also, good to see Bellvilles coach didnt throw any more fits after he should have been chunked on fri.

Bull's-eye
03-21-2004, 01:26 PM
Bellville had really silenced a very loud and vocal LG crowd. Leading 7-4, going to the top of the 7th, Bellville, for some reason, chose not to bring in their top closer. Even though a non-district game, this would of been a huge win for the Bulls and a great momentum builder going in to district play. Players and fans looked very dejected after this tough loss.

BrahmaMom
03-21-2004, 01:26 PM
Good question, XMan. I understand Meadows pitched for quite a while, and obviously hung with LaGrange well. But I wonder why they didn't bring in Buenger to close? Also, I am surprised at your comment about Coach Cerny. Having had sons play for him through the years, I haven't seen him get too riled, even when I thought he should have. I wasn't there on Friday, but past experience says that if David Cerny throws a fit, most coaches would have thrown punches. Bellville fans, fill me in. I can't picture him out of line, especially to the point of anyone thinking he deserved to be ejected from the game.

KL3
03-21-2004, 10:30 PM
XMan, Coach Cerny was throwing a "fit" because of one of the most ridiculous calls I've ever seen made by an umpire. Bases are loaded, Halletsville throws a passed ball, runners move up a base. Then, I believe it was a full count to the same batter, our batter swings and misses, the ball gets by the catcher again, our batter makes it to first. The umpires call him out because they thought the base was occupied.

BrahmaMom, your right, Coach Cerny very seldomly (is that a word?) gets into it with umpires like he did on Friday, but it was clear to EVERYONE he had a right to do so.

Also XMan, I don't see La Grange going undefeated. The only way that would happen is if Homer could pitch every game. Their #2 and #3 pitchers can be beaten, (I think Bellville knocked out Zoch, #2 in the 5th) and their lineup is good, but not near great.

BrahmaMom
03-23-2004, 05:09 PM
Thought that must be the case, KL3. I heard the Brahmas lost last night to St. Pius; we were ahead and Cerny put in subs, the right thing to do before district starts. Was planning to go, but had a little league scrimmage that got first priority. Happy Birthday, KL3! Doesn't seem so long ago you were a high school freshman.

Bull's-eye
03-23-2004, 07:03 PM
Hey KL3, happy birthday from Sugar Land.

KL3
03-24-2004, 01:53 PM
Thanks BrahmaMom and Bull's-eye, my birthday came and went just like that. I had a pretty good day, classes weren't that bad, went to the A&M/Rice baseball game, won our intramural football game 47-6, and then did a little celebrating with Bellville22 and some other friends.

BrahmaMom
03-25-2004, 10:34 PM
How 'bout those Owls, KL3? Y'all gave 'em a run for their money. Owl fans were upset on the fan forum. Matt Ueckert has ties to Bellville, as you may know. Makes him special to me. Won't make the Brahma game tomorrow night if one is scheduled, the Owls (football team) have another scrimmage. Cheer for me, Bellville fans. Bull's Eye, please explain to your Buddy in the red mustache for me, he thinks I've abandoned my Brahmas. I'm there in spirit--GO BULLS!

Bull's-eye
03-26-2004, 11:41 PM
Red Storm reported that Bellville defeated Columbus 13-3.

BrahmaMom
03-27-2004, 10:07 AM
Brahmas must've been hot last night! I know this is a rebuilding year for Columbus, though. Any specifics? We'll wait till our college boys wake up this afternoon, I guess. Congratulations Brahmas on the first district win!

KL3
03-27-2004, 01:37 PM
I've now seen or heard Bellville won 13-2,13-3, and the chronicle had 13-6. Not sure which score is right but i guess it doesn't really matter.

Don't have much info on the game, except that Luetge was the winning pitcher, Chase Kiecke had an opposite field HR, and Justin Buenger hit one off the wall.

XMan
03-28-2004, 10:14 AM
houston paper had columbus's record as 11-2 so they must have something. Big district opening win for bellville.

BrahmaMom
03-28-2004, 02:17 PM
Congrats to the Brahmas and to Kieke on the HR and the little Buenger on what must have been quite a hit. The little Luetge is quite the pitcher, but then we knew that last year. Keep it up, Brahmas. Gotta check the schedule and see if we are at home Tuesday; can't make Friday, another Rice football scrimmage, then that is over till fall. Go Brahmas!

Bull's-eye
03-28-2004, 04:53 PM
Bellville travels to Navasota, for an early district show-down. Navasota defeated Hempstead 27-0. Three players went "yard" to lead a 21 hit attack.

BrahmaMom
03-30-2004, 07:58 AM
Good luck tonight, Brahmas! Little League concession stand duty calls. GO BULLS!!!

Bellville22
03-30-2004, 09:57 AM
Looks like it should be a good one in Navasota tonight. Navasota has come on strong and grabbed the attention of alot of people, and Bellville has been playing tremendous ball most of the year.

With Sealy not playing as well as many predicted, these two teams could battle it out for the D23 Crown.

Bull's-eye
04-02-2004, 01:32 PM
What time is the Bellville/Stafford game this Saturday? I heard 12:00 noon or 1:30 pm.

Bellville22
04-02-2004, 01:37 PM
Pretty sure it's 12:00.

BrahmaMom
04-02-2004, 10:15 PM
Anybody know a sun dance???? Go Bulls!

Bull's-eye
04-04-2004, 02:11 AM
Bellville defeats Stafford 13-0. Great hitting, pitching and defense propel the Bulls in this easy 5 inning win. Top 3 batters combine for 9 hits and lefty Luetge throws the shut-out. Bellville now has sole possession of the distict lead, after Sealy loses to Navasota 4-3.

sinton66
04-04-2004, 08:48 AM
You guys are a force to be reckoned with. Congratulations, Brahmas!

BrahmaMom
04-04-2004, 01:38 PM
Thanks, 66. I remember well when we faced y'all for a double-header, a nail-biter and the Pirates came out on top. How are y'all doing this year? If I remember correctly, this may be a rebuilding year for baseball for you guys. Hope the talent is developing---always respected Sinton players, coaches, and fans.

Bellville22
04-04-2004, 10:05 PM
Bulls-Eye: Fill me in on the Sealy/Navasota game (if you went). I was a little surprised by that outcome. Kinda expected Koneschek and Sealy to handle the Rattlers.

Bull's-eye
04-05-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Bellville22
Bulls-Eye: Fill me in on the Sealy/Navasota game (if you went). I was a little surprised by that outcome. Kinda expected Koneschek and Sealy to handle the Rattlers. I just caught the last 3 innings. According to your grandfather, Navasota knocked Koneschek out of the first inning. (must of been a quick hook) In the sixth inning, Navasota led 3-2. Sealy had runners at first and third, with 2 outs and 2 strikes on the batter. The runner on first takes off for 2nd and the Navasota catcher throws the ball in to center field. Sealy ties the game at three. The pitcher then strikes out the batter to end the inning. Navasota scores a run in the top of the eighth to win 4-3.

Bellville22
04-07-2004, 09:44 PM
Word from Bellville is the Brahmas defeated Hempstead 29-2 tonight. Not sure who all pitched, but the Bellville bats were alive.

Jess Buenger had 2 HRs. A grand slam and a 3-run shot. Apparently several others had near HRs.

Pretty big D23 game tomorrow night in Bellville as they host Sealy. Bellville has their top arms rested, and depending on what they did tonight, Sealy my throw Konesheck. Should be a good one.

Old Green
04-07-2004, 09:50 PM
No 10 run rule in effect ?

Bellville22
04-07-2004, 10:21 PM
I assume they had to play 5 innings.

Bull's-eye
04-07-2004, 10:48 PM
Word from Bellville is the Brahmas defeated Hempstead 29-2 tonight.
Wow, I thought I heard an explosion coming from Hempstead. Bellville must of scored 4 TD's and made a 2 point conversion. Hopefully the Bulls saved some runs for Sealy. This will be a key game as Navasota stays a game behind Bellville, after beating Stafford 12-0.

BrahmaMom
04-08-2004, 07:00 AM
Congrats to the Brahmas on the Hempstead win. I kinda feel for those boys but am proud of the Brahma bats! Have some sentiment for the some of the Tigers tonight, too. But I promise I'll only cheer for them if they are behind. Should be a great contest, esp. if we have our arms rested. Best of luck, Brahmas. See ya there, fullhouse. GO BULLS.

fullhouse
04-08-2004, 12:06 PM
I'll be looking for ya Brahma Mom! My 8 year old has a game over there at 6pm, so we'll be rushing over as soon as it ends. Looking forward to a good game and nice baseball weather. :)

Brahma73
04-08-2004, 10:28 PM
Spoke to Bellville22 during the Bellville Softball game. He said Bellville boys were up 11-0 over Sealy in the 4th inning. eek:
This is a surprise to me. Anybody have a final?:

Bull's-eye
04-08-2004, 10:54 PM
That ended up being the final. Bellville had 11 hits in just 4 innings of batting. Jess Buenger led the way with 3 doubles and Luetge throws a 1 hit shut-out to get the win. The Bulls have scored over 50 runs in the last 3 games!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Brahma73
04-09-2004, 11:11 AM
What has happened to Sealy baseball?:confused: :confused:

Tiger Turtle
04-12-2004, 12:10 PM
Coach Faldyn became HFC/AD and doesn't coach baseball any more.

Brahma73
04-12-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Tiger Turtle
Coach Faldyn became HFC/AD and doesn't coach baseball any more.
Bummer...

scotty
04-12-2004, 12:49 PM
While I have utmost respect for Coach Faldyn as a coach, teacher and person, I also feel that Tiger Turtle is being a bit hard on current baseball coach Richie Domel. You have to remember that he took over a struggling team and was named coach-of-the year in district last season. He was able to pull that team together. With their ace Mark Krampitz shelved from his mound duties for most of the year he gave the ball to Rivers and Konesheck and used Krampitz late in the season as a stopper. It worked and Sealy won the district crown. If you had ever been a fan in the stands you could immediately see it wasn't an easy team to coach. It was readily apparent there were many more individuals than team players...not only on the field but the stands as well.
Richie somehow pulled them together and they played very well as a team late in the year. While seniors Rivers, Krampitz and Krenek made great contributions to the Tigers' success I believe that the one player whom they miss the most this year is Brandon Strayer. He was a great team player and an outstanding middle infielder. This year Sealy lack a lot when it comes to defense and all of those departed seniors were above average defensive players.
However, if you think that Sealy baseball is down now...wait until next year.

Brahma73
04-12-2004, 03:30 PM
Bummer again!

Bull's-eye
04-13-2004, 11:56 AM
Bellville hosts Columbus tonight, hopefully the rain is gone and the field has dried out. Go Bulls!!!

Bull's-eye
04-14-2004, 09:48 AM
Anybody have a score from Tuesday's game?

Bellville22
04-14-2004, 10:32 AM
Bellville 3, Columbus 1

Not one of the better showings from the Bulls. From what I hear, Bellville left 10-12 runners on base.

Big game Friday. Navasota travels to Bellville.

Phil C
04-14-2004, 01:58 PM
Bell it just goes to show that everyone probably has a bad day at one time or another. The trick is to not have it at a costly time. If you can win on one of your bad days so much the better. But it proves the old saying "On any given day anyone can be beat."

BrahmaMom
04-14-2004, 03:43 PM
I hope we are over leaving runners on base--can't do that against Navasota. Should be warmer Friday. Who will pitch for the Bulls in the first? Go Bulls!!

Bull's-eye
04-14-2004, 04:57 PM
Big game Friday. Navasota travels to Bellville.
Navasota defeated Hempstead 20-2, to remain one game behind the Brahmas. Navasota (5-1) is in a must win situation. A win would put them in a first place tie, but a loss would just about eliminate them from title contention.

BrahmaMom
04-14-2004, 08:31 PM
Got a conflict w/ a Little League game, will try to be there for the first few innings to cheer the Brahmas on to victory. Hate to repeat myself, but GO BULLS!!!!

XMan
04-17-2004, 08:46 AM
The Brahmas lose to the Rattlers at the grassless pasture 5-2. Both teams now 5-2 in district. Please enlighten me on how this could have happened. Bellville must have played subs or something.

Brahma73
04-17-2004, 10:27 AM
Both teams are now 6-1. Bellville22 will reluctantly give a capsule of the game, I'm sure.:doh:

Bellville22
04-17-2004, 01:03 PM
A very hungry and very scrappy Navasota team beat the Brahmas of Bellville last night 5-2. Clearly wasn't Bellville's best performance, but hats off to the Rattlers for setting the tone and never letting up.

Now to some things that p!$$ me off about last night. No, it wasn't the fact that the Bulls have come out flat for the past 2 games, and it wasn't the fact that we got beat at our home field. I can live with bad nights, I can live with opponents talking trash, I can live with cocky, competitive teams, I can live with errors, I can live with slumps, and I can even live with getting flat out beat. What I cannot live with is dirty play...

In the first inning of the game last night, Bellville's pitcher picked off Navasota's #3 from first, as the throw from the first baseman went to 2nd, clearly ahead of the runner, the Bellville 2B waited to make the tag. 10 ft short of the bag, the Navasota runner slid, planting his cleat directly into the midsection of our 2B, then pushed the 2B back and down. Bellville's player was clearly shaken up, was removed from the game, however returned (in pain) to gut it out for the rest of the night. For the record, the umpires (who were never in controll of this game) did nothing. Luckily Coach Cerny and Bellville's pitcher are class acts, I would have had a hard time pitching to that guy in the strike zone his next plate appearence. I believe it was the next inning when Navasota's #7 hit a ground ball to 3rd or Short. As he ran by first base, he stepped inside the bag at the ankle of our 1B. Our first baseman was able to slip away, but he realized what happened, as did many. Don't recall the number, but this once again happened late in the game.

Absolutely no excuse for this sort of play. Whatever respect Navasota earned from me with their competitive attitude and extremely scrappy play was lost in a matter of 3 plays, and will probably never be regained. 73 can tell you that it takes alot to get me heated up like this, usually I give these type of things the benefit of the doubt, and chalk it up to being an accident, however when 3 blatant instances happened right in front of my eyes, I got a little ticked.

Luckily no one was seriously injured. I believe Bellville's 2B will be alright. Navasota wins, both teams 6-1. However, don't call it a district tie yet, both teams have games that are certainly not locks, anything could happen.

sinton66
04-18-2004, 09:04 AM
You have to really hate it when a team resorts to that sort of thing. It's obvious they thought Bellville was a better squad, or they probably wouldn't have done that. Do you guys get to play them again before the end of the season?

Bull's-eye
04-18-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by XMan
The Brahmas lose to the Rattlers at the grassless pasture 5-2. Both teams now 5-2 in district. Please enlighten me on how this could have happened. Bellville must have played subs or something. First of all, Navasota has a very good baseball team. Bellville had defeated them 6-3 (in extra innings) earlier in district play. Navasota's pitcher was outstanding and their execution of the squeeze play was perfect. Bellville's pitcher had pitched some Tuesday, and didn't seem to be very sharp.
Bellville's field is in excellant condition (they only let their baseball Bulls graze there). They have made some great improvements to the park.

BrahmaMom
04-19-2004, 07:02 AM
No doubt Navasota has talent, and deserved the win, Bull's Eye. Now they need to go to summer school--for sportsmanship. It's been their weakness, not surprising since they are up-and-coming. It's the coaching staff's job to teach these kids to be good winners and losers and to "play nice".

Bull's-eye
04-19-2004, 11:48 AM
I agree about the sportmanship. Hopefully, the "dirty" play at second, was not what the Navasota coaches are teaching their players. I didn't like that play, but I think the base runner used very poor judgement. He was the one responsible for his actions and the coaches should make sure he doesn't do anything like that again.

Bull's-eye
04-19-2004, 12:17 PM
OK, time to move on and take care of business. Bellville travels to Stafford this Tuesday. Hopefully, Bellville can rally together and use that loss to Navasota as a wake up call. Don't take any games for granted and don't count on getting help from the other teams. Expect to win out and then come back and take care of the Rattlers. I know Sealy or Columbus could play spoilers, but don't count on it. Brahmas, your destiny is in your own hands. Step up and be the champions I know you are.

Sittin' Fastball
04-19-2004, 01:32 PM
and spend the day with the rattler baseball team and you will see that all of you are wrong. Those kids are some of the hardest working kids in the school. The baseball coaches have worked hard to instill pride when it comes to the great game of baseball. They have definitely shown the boys how to respect the game and play it right.

And when I say "right" I mean play it fundamentally sound and balls out. No, I don't mean play dirty. No I don't mean cause injury. No I don't mean win at all costs.....I mean full speed, play with your heart, and most of all never quit. The rattlers will not back down for no one.

Rattler Baseball has turned the corner and we're coming in with spikes flyin'......DEAL WITH IT!!

Bellville22
04-19-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Sittin' Fastball
The rattlers will not back down for no one.

This means the Rattlers will back down for someone.

Lovely English.

Bellville22
04-19-2004, 02:47 PM

Rattler Baseball has turned the corner and we're coming in with spikes flyin'......DEAL WITH IT!!

Haha, "spikes flyin' ", you got that right. :clap:

Bellville22
04-20-2004, 09:04 AM
Not Bellville baseball, but pretty huge game in D23 tonight in Navasota as Sealy travels to take on the Rattlers. I think the Tigers are still alive for the District Crown. I wanna say that if they win out, they are the champs.

A Navasota loss, puts Bellville alone in first place, provided the Brahmas beat Stafford. A Navasota win keeps the tie alive at the top. Pretty sure the winner clinches a playoff spot, although both teams are probably in anyway.

ROY
04-20-2004, 09:24 AM
Okay! Enough whining already. This looks just like it did during football season. Navasota kids don't have class....Navasota kids talk too much trash...so on and so on. I have to agree with some thoughts. Navasota kids are a little rough around the edges on 'some' things. I have to admit the town and upbringing of the average Navasota kid is a little different than that of Bellville. Not a good enough excuse though, but an obstacle for the coaches and teachers non the less. Navasota has not been used to winning in baseball until Coach Rangel and his current staff came to Navasota. If you can't be impressed by the improvements made to the Rattler program, you must not be a good 'baseball' fan. Now on to the 'dirty' stuff. Have you ever gone and watched a Div. I College team play? Other hard nosed teams? Pros? It's not dirty baseball to slide in and spike a guys leg when he is standing in the baseline. That's is baseball!!!! What happens if a wide receiver is coming across the middle of the secondary and the free safety knows the ball is going to be a little too high for the receiver to catch? Does he let the kid safely run through 'his' secondary or does he blow him up? Any Mom might say, 'he lets him through without hurting him.' But every player, including your beloved Bellville sons, will blow that kid up as hard as he could. So that next time that kid is coming into the socondary, he will be thinking about getting hit rather than catching the ball. Same with baseball. You stand in the baseline, you must be ready to deal with a player sliding hard into you or get out of the way. I was on the right field line. Martin's spikes were up a 'little' too high. (NOT in the mid section though) Your beloved Bryant was in the squat position, which makes the 'mid-section' about a foot and a half off the ground. He got hit in the thigh or lower didn't he? When a kid is running full speed and has to slide 12-15 feet in front of the bag before he was planning on sliding, it makes it a little bit harder to slide perfectly. Now onto first base. Your little Meadows talks some serious trash. He just does with composure. Something, I agree, that the Rattlers need to work on. Did you count the many 'hard' slaps with the glove he made on runners at first when the plays weren't even close. I did! That's the kind of thing that gets kids mad. And all of you whining little brats sitting down the right field line wearing red. Go sit on your side if you don't like to hear opposing fans. I didn't hear one derogatory thing coming out of those kids mouths. Sometimes I wonder if it was because they were black and some of them were wearing bandanas on their heads and earrings in their ears. Though I think that kind of dress looks somewhat 'gangsterish' and silly, it doesn't mean that I judge and hate on them because they are cheering on their friends. YES, I JUST JUMPED ON THE RACE CARD!!! And to the celebrating like it was the World Series. You're right! Every game is big. Every win is big at this point of the season. And if winning a game like that isn't exciting for you, you don't deserve to win it. Besides, Navasota hadn't beat you in baseball in quite some time. You must give a little bit of a break. Where along the line of a great winning tradition - baseball program did Coach Cerney's fans and some certain players 'hashubeungerush' become so conceited and arrogant? I don't know, but I sure hope these two teams meet again. 9-1 playoff for 1st place.
OUT!

Bellville22
04-20-2004, 11:22 AM
First to clarify my earlier statement... it was the thigh where he was spiked. I throw in above the knee to below the ribs as midsection, my fault.

To answer the "what would you do" question comparing the slide to a football situation... you're absolutely right, a WR going over the middle would certainly get hit by Bellville's secondary (ask the kid from China Spring, who by the way was a trooper for returning, impressive), probably any secondary. However, I'm certain that the hit would be clean, the safety wouldn't lead with his head, go for helmet to helmet contact, spear, whatever you want to call it. He'd lay a solid hit on the WR, and make him think about it next time, but it would be clean, just like the slide should have been. Should he have slid into the 2B? Absolutely. Did he have to jump into him, cleats up? Absolutely not! Under no circumstance! A clean slide would have probalby knocked Bryant off his feet, drawn a couple groans from the crowd, sent a message to Bryant that he's gonna share that baseline, and certainly been within the unwritten code of baseball. Both would have understood, Bryant probably woulda got up and slapped him on the butt, and there would have been a little mutual respect between two good baseball players playing hard. Spiking a player, however, is unnecessary, especially at the high school level, but any for that matter.

And were that to happen at the D 1 College level, or at the Pro level, a player spiking an infielder, I'm pretty sure that player would have either a bruise or a dirty jersey to show for it after his next at-bat. But this is high school.

As for the 1B and the hard tags. I saw them, and believe me, I didn't appreciate it either. In no way do I condone that sort of action. I don't think it is severe as what the baserunners tried to do to him though. Slapping a hard tag on someone may send a message, but shouldn't bring an injury. Spiking a 1B on the back of the ankle as you run by the bag could end a season. Both are uncalled for. And for the record, I never claimed that Bellville fielded a team of saints out there. I'm sure there's some talk from Brahma mouths too, I've never seen a HS Baseball team where there wasn't.

And finaly... you totally lost me at the end of that post. Maybe I'm confused, but I'm lost. What exactly is a 'hashubeungerash', and how is it arrogant?

Bull's-eye
04-20-2004, 12:05 PM
Hey Bellville22, I should be at the game tonight in Stafford. "Red Mustache" should be in Navasota and will call me with the latest updates. I'll try to post the scores a.s.a.p.

Bellville22
04-20-2004, 12:12 PM
Bulls-Eye: Check private messages, I'm gonna give you my cell #. I'll be in Sealy for the softball game.

ROY
04-20-2004, 12:54 PM
Read the name inside the letters.

Bellville22
04-20-2004, 01:02 PM
Yea, I got that, even though you spelled his name wrong. Now what about the part where you call him arrogant?

Sittin' Fastball
04-20-2004, 01:11 PM
I bet "Red Mustache" lost some big money last friday night.:kiss:

Bellville22
04-20-2004, 01:15 PM
I bet "Red Mustache" lost some big money last friday night.:kiss:

Hahaha, you do have to give him credit though for taking it like a man. He always parks his truck behind the Bellville dugout. As he was leaving he was bombarded by Navasota faithful. With a big smile he rolled down his window and took the heckling like a man. I hope he doesn't change sides on us.:D

Bull's-eye
04-20-2004, 01:28 PM
I bet "Red Mustache" lost some big money last friday night.:kiss: Nobody would bet him, after he took all their money in the first game.:D :clap: :nerd: :eek:

Bellville22
04-20-2004, 03:17 PM
Change of plans. I won't be going to Sealy now, so I think I'll make the short trip to Navasota to watch the game. Tell "Red Mustache" that I may be joining him, I'm sure we'll catch some heat, but I think I can take it.

Can someone please post the game time for this game. I assume 7, but want to make sure.

Bull's-eye
04-20-2004, 05:39 PM
"Red Mustache" told me 7:00, he is there watching the JV game.

Bellville22
04-20-2004, 09:42 PM
Bellville defeated Stafford 18-0 tonight. 4 HRs by the Brahmas. Meadows hit a Grand Slam. Jess Buenger, Justin Buenger, and Chase Kiecke also added bombs.

In Navasota, the Rattlers won 14-3 against a depleated Sealy team. I have no idea what has happened to Sealy baseball, but it's not good. No hustle, no effort, and it appears no one out there cares. Sad situation, hope they can turn it around.

The win means Bellville and Navasota are both 7-1. Navasota's tough game will be the final one with Columbus. Bellville travels to Sealy, where they face their rival, and I would imagine Konescheck. Shouldn't be a problem for either, but there's a reason they play the games.

Bull's-eye
04-20-2004, 09:45 PM
Bellville flexes their muscles in a 18-0 win over Stafford. Jess Buenger blasted a 3 run homer, Meadows hit a grand slam, Kiecke had a 2 run blast and Justin Buenger followed with a 3 run shot. The younger Buenger went 3 for 3, also hitting a double and a single. Catcher Wernecke had 2 singles, and starters Luetge, Zboril and Goeke each provided a hit. Meadows pitched 4 innings, giving up just 1 hit (bloop single) to earn the victory. Goeke pitched one inning to preserve the shut-out. Second baseman Bryant was still limping and did not play.

Bellville22
04-20-2004, 09:51 PM
Bryant didn't play, huh. :mad: Interesting.:mad: I'm pretty sure that wasn't a scheduled day off.

Bull's-eye
04-20-2004, 09:58 PM
Bellville22, Sorry to repeat some of the Bellville stats. I must of been still writing while your post just came up. Bellville and Navasota are now in a 2 team race for the district crown. "ROY" may get his wish, with the 2 teams heading for a play-off game!

Bellville22
04-20-2004, 10:05 PM
Appears that way. But we all know anything can happen in 2 weeks.

Right now, I'm just interested in ROY explaining why he said those things about Buenger.

Bull's-eye
04-20-2004, 10:05 PM
Bryant didn't play, huh. :mad: Interesting.:mad: I'm pretty sure that wasn't a scheduled day off. The only time I saw him in warm-ups, he had a notable limp.

venomous tat2
04-20-2004, 10:14 PM
The red mustache was SICK last week he wouldn't come around or call i had to call him and i rode him good we always B. S. eachother about NAV & BV (smile)

NAVASOTA 14

SEALY 3

GO RANGEL
GO RATTLERS

Bull's-eye
04-20-2004, 10:27 PM
Right now, I'm just interested in ROY explaining why he said those things about Buenger. I didn't understand that either. I have met most of the Bellville players and all seem to be very respectfull. Everyone of them answered me with a yes or no sir (don't hear that with a lot of the youth today). Looks like the Bellville parents have done a great job of raising their children. Both of the Buengers seem to be quiet, humble and very respectfull. I think ROY may have been tired of Bellville and their Buenger kids always defeating his Rattlers in the past several years.

Bull's-eye
04-20-2004, 10:43 PM
Your right Venomous, he was sick! He is a "die-hard" Brahma and always will be. We had fun at the first game. He was doing a little trash-talking and the Rattlers were giving it back to him (all in good clean fun). Someone had a radar gun and he was hollering 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 mph when Bellville's closer was ending the game. I know this is a good-friendly rivalry and he has the upmost respect for you and his Navasota neighbors. He might not admit this, but he has a little Navasota "blue" in his blood.

KL3
04-21-2004, 12:56 AM
Wow, great news to hear Brandt pitched an inning.

Bellville22
04-21-2004, 09:07 AM
Haha, yea 'Bull's-Eye', Bellville's #1 fan had on a Navasota hat last night. :eek: Thought maybe he lost a bet or something, but good to hear he supports his hometown boys as well.

ROY
04-21-2004, 09:31 AM
Come on folks. I'm sure Buenger and the other Brahmas are good kids at heart and are respectful to adults. As are the Navasota kids. I'm talking about the way some people carry themselves around the field. The way that they talk and interact with the opposing team. A little more than just confident. But confidence can come across as arrogance under some circumstances. Maybe I miss read people sometimes. Some people have miss read me over my life too. And I'm not holding built up frustration at Bellville or the Buengers. I didn't start caring about Navasota Athletics until a couple of years ago, when my son started playing at the JH. Please 22, let the hard slide go. Bryant squated in front of Martin on the slide and took a hard hit in the leg. He should've jumped out of the way and slapped a tag on the side like I'm sure he is taught to do by his coaches. Did you notice Cerney or the Umpires saying anything about it? That's baseball! You're sitting in the stands for a reason pal. :( I'm sorry that he was still limping around and could not play 4 days after the incident. I noticed when he got on first base later in the game and had to come out because of the 'pain', he limped all the way off the field. He then went down the left field line and ran up and down with NO LIMP AT ALL. Don't say he was just toughing it out down the foul line. If that's true, he could've toughed it out on the field. He's just soaking up the sympathy and attention. I'm sure that it might still be bruised though. He was sitting dead still in the baseline while a 4.5 runner was running full speed at him and had to slide early. That would cause a bruise on Super Man. Now I agree about the 1st base situations. Under no circumstance should you spike a guy on the back of the ankle. That's a sensitive area of the leg. That could end a season and that base is the firstbaseman's bag too. But I don't think those guys you're discussing were going after Meadows. Anyway! Looks like they could meet again. Hopefully both teams have a good couple of games to finish. I want to see a repeat. I HEARD RED MUSTACHE WAS GOING TO COLOR HALF HIS MUSTACHE BLUE AND THE OTHER HALF RED.

Sittin' Fastball
04-21-2004, 10:24 AM
ROY,
I'm glad your son looks like his momma. Otherwise, people would feel sorry for him.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Bellville22
04-21-2004, 10:41 AM
Alright, truce. I'm ready to let the slide thing go. I'm still stickin' to my thoughts on the situation, though, but apparently you are too.

Before you go off calling Buenger arrogant, you better take a close look at someone close to you on the Rattler team. I believe #10 (I think that's the number, lefty, throws hard) is of close relation to you. I could have done with out some of his behavior on the mound in Navasota that night, and he can come off as carrying himself a bit overconfidently. Buenger is of close relation to me, and I don't appreciate reading things like that.

I'm certain that both are very competitive young men, that's evident. And I'm sure neither intends on coming off as arrogant. I can assure you that Buenger is a leader, and a competitor, not overconfident, not arrogant, I'd probably have a few words with him if he was. I'm sure #10 is the same way, a good kid, and competitive. I don't think you'd like anyone saying anything different of him, so I'd ask you do do the same.

Alright, I hope this is all over. I respect Navasota's aggressive, scrappy style of play. I watched the game last night with Sealy, and much like they did against Bellville, the came out aggressive, and never let up. I'll put the incidents in Bellville (from both teams) behind me and count on them not happening again. Provided both teams take care of business, looks like we're headed for another showdown, I'm sure it'll be another good one.

Bull's-eye
04-21-2004, 11:30 AM
Sorry, Red Mustache will be all red. He will never 1/2 support his beloved Brahmas. He will support his home-town Rattlers, when they are going against another team.

BrahmaMom
04-21-2004, 11:50 AM
Thanks for clarifying that Bull's Eye, I was getting a little concerned that Bellville was losing a little loyalty from one of their biggest, best fans. This rivalry has got to be hard on him!

KL3
04-21-2004, 12:45 PM
Hey Roy, it seems as though someone else agrees with the Bellville faithful about what happened last Friday. A local paper of yours, I]The Bryan-College Station Eagle[/I] had this to say......

"Martin was caught stealing in the first inning when Meadows picked him off. Bellville second baseman Josh Bryant took a cleat in the stomach as Martin slid in. Play was stopped for more than 10 minutes, but Bryant stayed in the game with a noticeable limp."

http://www.brazossports.com/baseball/042104rattlers.htm

Sittin' Fastball
04-21-2004, 01:10 PM
WOW. It seems that we will never ALL agree on some things on here. But, I bet we WILL all agree on one thing.......

NAVASOTA-BELLVILLE III will be the place to be.....

Rattlermom
04-21-2004, 02:19 PM
I am sure glad most everyone on here seems to have worked out some of the hostility on here!
Thanks Roy for taking up for "our" boys. They are all good kids and I know that nothing was intentionally done to Josh Bryant, or the first baseman for that matter.
That "red-mustache" sure does stir things up doesn't he? He has been wearing that Navasota cap for months now, except when he's at Bellville, of course. When he was making his quick exit from the Bellville ball field after the Rattlers won, he even took off his Red cap and put his Rattler Cap for all the crowd to see! What a Sport!!!

Bellville22
04-21-2004, 02:53 PM
He's a character.

Welcome aboard 'Rattlermom'. Just ask 'BrahmaMom' or 'Ranger Mom', we love our mommas on this board.;)

BrahmaMom
04-21-2004, 03:53 PM
Yep, they spread the love to the Moms! Welcome aboard, always nice to have another Mom!

Bull's-eye
04-21-2004, 04:29 PM
Haha, yea 'Bull's-Eye', Bellville's #1 fan had on a Navasota hat last night. :eek: One of the Navasota coaches gave him that hat. They got tired of seeing Bellville caps in Navasota. He did get run off from a football practice, because they thought he was spying for Bellville. LOL

ROY
04-21-2004, 04:54 PM
How often to you rely on the CS Eagle for the correct news?
The sports writers probably never played sports!

KL3
04-21-2004, 06:58 PM
So your saying it takes someone who has played sports to correctly see where a kid gets spiked at? Wow.

BrahmaMom
04-22-2004, 07:03 AM
Pretty hard to believe, KL3. Especially since most of the former players on here have made more than one error in spelling, grammar, etc! Somehow I missed the report of the Stafford game. Awesome showing, Brahmas! Congrats on that Grand Slam, Andy Meadows! Kieke has had a beautiful season and added to a great record, Werneke gets kudos for his thankless job behind the plate but he shows off his hitting--I love it, the Brahmas are playing some fun baseball. One player who is hot and gets shorted, I think, on the recognition, is Justin Buenger. Nobody doubts Jess is great, he's having a great season, which is no surprise, just sorry I can't watch that boy pitch. But having had two sons play on the same team, I know it's hard for both in different ways. Justin has proven he's a player regardless of who he's related to! I have a lot of respect for him. I was sorry to hear Jabow didn't get to play, I'll have to look for his mom today and get the scoop. Congrats on not letting up, Brahmas! Go Bulls!

BrahmaMom
04-22-2004, 12:21 PM
Caught up w/ Jabow's mom today. Fortunately, she wasn't at the game yet when he was injured, that's not something a mom needs to watch. She indicated he was better, they played it safe @ Stafford. If he isn't yet, I hope he is 100% soon! Go Bulls!

Bull's-eye
04-23-2004, 12:25 PM
Bellville hosts Hempstead, while Navasota travels to Stafford. Both teams should win and move a game closer to a play-off. Next week the games should be a lot harder, with Sealy and Columbus trying to play spoilers.

Sittin' Fastball
04-23-2004, 02:08 PM
:D Can't wait:D

Bull's-eye
04-23-2004, 10:31 PM
Navasota defeats Stafford 25-8, but didn't look very sharp in the win. Navasota's #10 started the game, but only went 2-1/3 innings. Stafford scored 7 runs in the bottom half of the third inning. Most of the runs were due to several walks and an error from the right fielder. Navasota bats were too much for the weak Spartan pitching staff. After 23 runs were scored, Stafford pulled their starter.

BrahmaMom
04-24-2004, 08:54 AM
And the point of that score was? Is it necessary to run up the score, or couldn't it be helped, or does it at time impact the play-off positions? What was the final Bellville score, my dad left the game when the Brahmas were ahead 17-0 in the 2nd inning? I was sorry to see Bellville running up the score, though I understand Luetge needed to work on the mound since we don't play again till Thursday.

Bellville22
04-25-2004, 11:14 PM
I understand Bryant didn't play Friday either. I hope he can use the long week to recover and be ready to go Thursday vs. Sealy. :mad:

Sittin' Fastball
04-26-2004, 08:18 AM
Brahmamommy,
So you see the point in Bellville running up the score, but you don't see the point in Navasota "running up" the score? :eek:

Bull's-eye
04-26-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
And the point of that score was? Is it necessary to run up the score, or couldn't it be helped, or does it at time impact the play-off positions? I was sorry to see Bellville running up the score, though I understand Luetge needed to work on the mound since we don't play again till Thursday. Just letting everybody know that Navasota won and both teams still remain in a first place tie. No, scoring doesn't impact play off positions. I don't think this score could be helped. Navasota jumped to a big early lead. Stafford scored 7 runs in the third, to make things a little more interesting. Navasota answered with a big inning to secure the victory. Both teams, with no games until Thursday, probably used these games to get their starters some extra work.
"Sittin Fastball".....BrahmaMom was just asking questions. She was sorry to see Bellville scoring so many runs. She doesn't like "any" team running up the score.

KL3
04-26-2004, 12:19 PM
Fastball, right above your picture it should say "Act like a kid".

KL3
04-26-2004, 12:20 PM
What was Bellville's final score anyway?

BrahmaMom
04-26-2004, 12:23 PM
Sittin' Fastball: you need to read the whole post, maybe twice, before you comment. I don't like anyone running the score up on another team, I can't imagine it is good for any team. In football, total points end up counting, so sometimes they have to do it. I was wondering about the same in baseball. But what I REALLY don't like is the fact that now Jabow has had to sit out two games because Navasota came in "with spikes flyin'..." Forget about baseball, forget about rivalries, my prayer right now is that that young man is okay. I hope you can join me in that.

Rattlermom
04-26-2004, 12:53 PM
In the Rattler game against Stafford, pitchers were used that normally don't get much mound time at all. And subs were put in after the third inning. It never feels like a good win when the score gets that high, and it hurts to see the kids on the other team get down, BUT sometimes it can't be helped. The guys have to go to bat and do their best. Now when the Rattlers played Hemstead and the score got high, our guys batted from the opposite side. Some still got hits, and they enjoyed doing it!
I hate that the Bryant boy still is out. Did the cleats cause him to have gashes on his leg or another type of injury? I didn't see any blood on his pants after it happened. I hope he gets better.

BrahmaMom
04-26-2004, 01:02 PM
I know sometimes running up the score can't be helped, Rattlermom; at least some of your kids had fun batting from the other side! I'm not really sure of what Jabow's injury was exactly. I don't think it cut him, but with him missing two games (thought granted his presence wasn't required for the wins), I think it might be a little more serious. He is a talented athlete and a nice kid who has a future in sports. Having had a son with a serious injury, I can't help but hurt with him and his parents, if that turns out to be the case. And sometimes you don't know for a while. Thanks for caring.

Sittin' Fastball
04-26-2004, 01:23 PM
KL3, how am I acting like a kid? Just because I don't like what some people say....just because I respond negatively to some peoples posts....just because I point out (what I believe) when people are wrong. Then YOU act like a kid too....welcome to the club, kid. :kiss:

KL3
04-26-2004, 05:36 PM
I'm talking about how you addressed BrahmaMom as "Brahmamommy".

Bull's-eye
04-26-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Rattlermom
In the Rattler game against Stafford, pitchers were used that normally don't get much mound time at all. And subs were put in after the third inning. I hate to disagree with a mom, but I went to this game and Navasota did not substitute very much at all. They used their better pitchers and most of their hitters batted batted 5 or more times. Here are the pitchers: Burzynski, Lara, Soberon, Wisnoski and Allen. Here are some of the hitters: Martin 5-6, McWhorter 4-6, Allen 4-5, Wisnoski 4-5 and Soberon 3-5. As you can see, these guys batted 5-6 times in a 5 inning game. With no game until Thursday, I think the coaches wanted to get the starters some extra work. Stafford's big third inning, probably kept the coach from substituting more.
Do I think Navasota ran up the score? No, but the coach could of played more subs.

Rattlermom
04-26-2004, 07:16 PM
In the Stafford game Allen was the catcher, he didn't pitch. Lara pitched for the first time on Varsity in District play. Wisnoski pitched his 4th inning in District. Burzynski and Soberon have seen more mound time than the others. Two subs batted and fielded. Another sub DH'd but couldn't play because he was hurt.
Yes they did bat get 4 or 5 at bats. Some of the subs got to bat twice. We really don't have many subs on the team. Coach Rangel really tries to give the subs playing time.

Bull's-eye
04-26-2004, 07:51 PM
In the Stafford game Allen was the catcher, he didn't pitch. You are right. The stats listed his name after the pitchers, showing he was their catcher. Remember, the hitting stats don't include walks, so many of the starters went to the plate 6 times.

ROY
04-27-2004, 10:13 AM
Navasota beat Stafford 25 to 7 because Stafford is just a poor-poor baseball program. A lot like Hempstead. We all have to admit that it is a little sad to see the great game of baseball played so poorly as in those two places. Bellville scored 20+ against Hempstead their first time didn't they??? Not blaming, just saying that it is hard not to score runs against teams like that. Navasota gave up a crazy 7 runs in the 3rd inning, because of 8 walks, 1 hit batter, and a 3 run error in rightfield. The rain was picking up that inning and I think the pitchers were complaining about their footing on the mound. They did answer with a big 4th inning. I think they pounded out 25 or 26 hits. That is considered running the score up. Now if the Rattlers or Brahmas were stealing and bunting and going on passballs, that would be called running it up. Now to the pitchers B-Eye. Burzynski started for the 3rd time. His 22nd or so inning or work all year. Lara is a sophomore who starts every other game on JV. That was his 5th or 6th inning of work on Varsity. Soberon was put in to stop the bleeding of that horrible inning I think. He only pitches as relief. Maybe 15 innings all year. And then Wisnoski has pitched no more than 10 innings all year, I don't think. The Rattlers only had had 3 playable people on the bench and they all got play. I think Lara is the only one that didn't bat. Glad to see you came to watch the game though B-eye. Hopefully the Rattlers didn't disappoint. Big games on Thursday for both teams. Should be a crazy couple of days in the area. Really sad to hear that Bryant is still out. :confused: I wish somebody would clarify his injury. What exactly happened? Anyway. Goodluck to all teams this week!

Brahma73
04-27-2004, 10:51 AM
Where and when is the Bellville game(s) this week? I should know these things, but I'm hearing about some changes due to testing at school.

Bellville22
04-27-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by ROY
Really sad to hear that Bryant is still out. :confused: I wish somebody would clarify his injury. What exactly happened? Anyway. Goodluck to all teams this week!

Coach Cerny and the Bellville Brahma Organization choose not to disclose information regarding injuries to the media or public until after the season. Bryant is listed as day-to-day.

Haha, but seriously, this is starting to worry me. I'm not real sure exactly what the injury is. Someone was explaining it to me, and it got confusing (which could explain my struggles in my Anatomy class :eek: ). I'll see if I can find out. I subbed at the high school the other day, and Bryant missed my class. One of the kids told me he was seeing a doctor, but no clue how credible that is. I hope he's on the way back, the Bulls could use him Thursday, and certainly next week should the Rattlers and Brahmas need a play-off.

73- Bellville is @ Sealy Thursday. Shouldn't see an upset, but we will see Koneschek, and if he's on, anything can happen I guess. Although after watching the Sealy/Nav game, if we just put the ball in play, I like our chances.

Navasota faces Columbus. Probably more of a chance of an upset there, although I doubt it happens. Looking like two 9-1 records to finish the year, but this is a crazy game.

Should there be a playoff, I would guess it would be next Monday, most likely in Brenham I would think. I don't see them choosing the in-between and playing in Hempstead:D .

Best of luck to Bryant, the Brahmas, and the Rattlers. Should be an interesting week.

Sittin' Fastball
04-27-2004, 12:10 PM
Bull's eye please watch what you say....you don't even have a clue of what coach rangel did or did not do. ALL subs played (as much as they could in 5 innings) That means he cleared the bench and used all players that made the trip to Stafford.

BrahmaMom
04-27-2004, 01:00 PM
Bellville22 check your PM.

Bull's-eye
04-27-2004, 01:22 PM
Bull's eye please watch what you say....you don't even have a clue of what coach rangel did or did not do. ALL subs played (as much as they could in 5 innings) That means he cleared the bench and used all players that made the trip to Stafford. Sorry Sittin' Fastball, I was just quoting the stats. Thanks to Roy's post, I now understand why some of Navasota starters batted 6 times in a 25-8 blow-out game. With only 3 subs, that would explain why Coach Rangel did not substitute more. Two of the pitchers, pitched against Bellville in a close extra inning game. I did say in an earlier post, that Navasota did not run up the score.

Rattlermom
04-27-2004, 04:01 PM
Now that we have settled the subject of the Navasota-Stafford game, let us know more about the Bellville-Hempstead game.
Did all subs play? Who pitched? Just wondering.......

Brahma73
04-28-2004, 11:33 PM
Now that we have settled the subject of the Navasota-Stafford game, let us know more about the Bellville-Hempstead game.
Did all subs play? Who pitched? Just wondering.......

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!

Bellville22
04-29-2004, 11:01 AM
73, where you headed tonight? I'm not going to either game now. Haven't done the best job preparing early for my test tomorrow, so I'm hanging out up here cramming. Keep me posted wherever you are.

Rattlermom
04-29-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Brahma73
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU ARE RIGHT!! IT IS ENOUGH!! But why is it FINALLY enough when we question Bellville!! It took several posts to "clear up" the the fact that the Rattlers DID NOT RUN UP THE SCORE INTENTIONALLY on Stafford! It is only natural that I am curious about how Bellville scored so many runs on Hempstead and who pitched for them! And quite frankly, I personally am sick and tired of you Bellville people trying to make the Navasota kids out to be unsportman-like, bad #$@ kids! Or maybe you Bellville people on here think our kids are "white trash" like some of your fans were overheard saying after our match up in Bellville! I will take up for ANY ONE OF OUR BOYS AND COACHES any day!!

Oh, and none of the statement above is intended for Brahmamom. I really appreciate her posts. She seems to have all the kids interests at heart. It's only natural that she takes up for Bellville, but great that she can keep an OPEN MIND!!

Bellville22
04-29-2004, 11:53 AM
I apologize if I upset you with some of my comments, I got caught up a bit in the heat of the moment after the incident with our 2B. I'm sure Navasota's kids are quality kids, just like Bellville's, just like the next town. The "white trash" comment is completely uncalled for and I am ashamed that you heard that from one of our fans. I hate that the thoughts of a few reflect on a whole community but I realize that's usually the case.

You're a mom on the board, and most of us posters tend to have a special appreciation for y'all. I just gave you and the other moms some love one another post (Baseball Coaches Poll I think).

As for the Hempstead game, I can't tell you much. I wasn't there. I was told from a reliable source that Coach Cerny had his players moving one base at a time for much of the game, doing his best to keep it from getting out of hand. I also heard that pretty much everyone saw playing time. Sometimes a high score just can't be helped, as someone stated earlier.

73 say's 'enough', and for almost 23 years I've listened to him pretty well (except for a few times :doh: ), so I'm gonna try and stop the bickering. Too much good baseball in the next two days to worry about the past. Best of luck to everyone.

Rattlermom
04-29-2004, 12:24 PM
Bellville22, thanks for the kind words. Sometimes us "Moms" just finally do get fed up and have to vent! And you are SO right, there's alot of GREAT baseball happening around here! I think everyone agrees and 23 AAA is one of the toughest districts in the state, and I am so proud of the Rattlers for stepping up to the plate (so to speek) and doing such a great job this season.

GO RATTLERS!! (AND GIG EM' AGS)

Bull's-eye
04-29-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Just letting everybody know that Navasota won and both teams still remain in a first place tie. No, scoring doesn't impact play off positions. I don't think this score could be helped. Navasota jumped to a big early lead. Stafford scored 7 runs in the third, to make things a little more interesting. Navasota answered with a big inning to secure the victory. Both teams, with no games until Thursday, probably used these games to get their starters some extra work.
"Sittin Fastball".....BrahmaMom was just asking questions. She was sorry to see Bellville scoring so many runs. She doesn't like "any" team running up the score. RattlerMom, please read this again. This was the only thing asked about running up the scores. I went to the Navasota/Stafford game and posted this score couldn't be helped. I did disagree about the amount of substituting, but when ROY explained that Navasota has only 3 subs, that cleared that issue. Nobody else has posted anything negative about Navasota running up the score. Hopefully, we can all move pass this.
Best of luck to both teams and may they both represent district 23-3A with some great baseball. Hey, we may meet again in the region 3 championship game (if that's possible). I think Navasota has the pitching to defeat #1 LaGrange in a 3 game series.

BrahmaMom
04-29-2004, 12:47 PM
Rattlermom: It's okay, that was a tough game between y'all and us. We have all been worried about Jabow, our 2Bman. No excuse re: the tacky comment about your kids. No excuse. That said, I hope your guys (and ours) are ready to play good, clean, hardnosed baseball tomorrow night, if we both get there. Go Bulls!

Bull's-eye
04-29-2004, 11:42 PM
"Red Mustache" was sure happy about Bellville winning the district baseball title! He now can stay home friday night and watch television. He likes to watch the discovery channel. He said he discovered that Bellville is district champs in baseball,softball, football and track. He also wanted to know why his neighbors aren't answering his phone calls?

BrahmaMom
04-30-2004, 06:33 AM
Bull's Eye, tell your "buddy" from me that August will come sooner than he thinks. I know he can't wait for Brahma football! But first, he has to watch the Brahmas go all the way in baseball! This is one of the best Bellville teams I've seen in yearas. Our only problem is pitching depth. Since we are going into the playoffs with a bye, myabe Goeke will be released to pitch a few innings. Go Brahmas!

ROY
04-30-2004, 09:08 AM
The Rattlers got 5 hits in their first Shutout defeat of the season. Janek (sp?) kept them off balance and the 789 hitters struck out 2 times each. Columbus got 9 hits in little bursts and they also made a couple of great defensive plays on for sure RBI hits. The Rattlers just got out played tonight. First time in the four losses that it seemed the other team wanted it more. Well, hats off to the Brahmas for stepping it up in their game. They should go at least 3-4 rounds deep in that bracket. Maybe Buenger can pitch a little more to help the depth. I still honestly can't believe that Bryant is still hurt from that collision, but I really do hope that he heals up for Bellville's playoff run. Navasota finished a good district run. I'm ready to watch some serious playoffs. They play Giddings first round who won their last district game to clinch 3rd place. I feel sorry for Giddings, because the Rattlers are going to come out of the corner swinging for a k.o. The kids are pretty ticked off and have something to prove with their next game. Winner of that round will play a good Barbers Hill team and winner of that round will probably play a very good La Grange team! I would really like to see Navasota play La Grange. That would be fun no matter the outcome. I'm now converting my bias to cheer on the Brahmas and the Cards. Both have great Head Coaches that carry their teams well.

Bellville22
04-30-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
"Red Mustache" was sure happy about Bellville winning the district baseball title! He now can stay home friday night and watch television. He likes to watch the discovery channel. He said he discovered that Bellville is district champs in baseball,softball, football and track. He also wanted to know why his neighbors aren't answering his phone calls?

Haha, the question is though.....did he answer his phone after Bellville's loss to Navasota a few weeks back???:D

And he's right, it has been a great year for Bellville athletics. But be sure he knows what goes around comes around. I look for Navasota to be the team to beat in football next year, and perhaps baseball as well.

Bull's-eye
04-30-2004, 10:55 AM
Haha, the question is though.....did he answer his phone after Bellville's loss to Navasota a few weeks back???:D

That might of been the week that his phone broke.:D

Bull's-eye
05-03-2004, 12:47 PM
Any warm-up games this week? Bellville starts the play-offs against the winner of Hamshire Fannett (T-21) & district 22's runner-up. That could be Barbers Hill or Liberty. They were both tied for first place, with a play off game to determine the district champions and runner-up. In the same bracket, Bridge City plays the Columbus/Hutto winner. This winner would play the Bellville/HF or R22 winner.

BrahmaMom
05-03-2004, 04:32 PM
Bellville usually tries to get a scrimmage to stay up to speed. Roy, honest Injun, Jabow was really hurt.

Bellville22
05-03-2004, 04:33 PM
Any word on who the runner up for that district is? I thought certification had to be in by today? Post if anyone's heard anything.

RBARKER
05-03-2004, 04:39 PM
The game was scheduled for this past Saturday it was cancelled due to the rain Barbers Hill and Liberty play tonight to decide 1st and 2nd seed in district. Game starts at 7:30 P.M if I go tonight I post the update.

Bellville22
05-03-2004, 05:07 PM
Thanks. 'RBARKER' will we be seeing you in Tomball Friday and Saturday?

RBARKER
05-03-2004, 05:13 PM
Thanks. 'RBARKER' will we be seeing you in Tomball Friday and Saturday?

No I whish I could be there it should be a great seris. I have booked a hotel and going to do a little R&R this weekend in Austin.:D Hope yall have a safe trip to Tomball should be a good one.:wave:

Bull's-eye
05-03-2004, 11:15 PM
Barbers Hill defeated Liberty, this means Bellville will play the winner of Hamshire Fannett & Liberty.

BrahmaMom
05-04-2004, 09:07 AM
It sounds like Bellville has a scrimmage set for tonight at Bellville against St. Thomas and one against Weimar on Friday night (in Weimar). Any more details anyone? Go Bulls!

Bellville22
05-05-2004, 09:16 AM
Last I heard Bellville was down to St. Thomas 3-1 in the top of the 7th. Any word on how this turned out?

Bull's-eye
05-05-2004, 12:46 PM
Red Mustache said that was the final. I believe Meadows got the start and Richardson finished up.

BrahmaMom
05-05-2004, 12:47 PM
Just for Roy, did Jabow play?

Bellville22
05-05-2004, 01:30 PM
Yea, Bryant did play.

Sittin' Fastball
05-05-2004, 02:52 PM
Look at ya mommy.....stirrin' things up.

Bull's-eye
05-05-2004, 04:55 PM
Yea, Bryant did play. Great news!

BrahmaMom
05-05-2004, 08:35 PM
Glad to hear Bryant got to play. We need him ready. Welcome back, Jabow! Sittin' Fastball, I'm gonna break your heart here, but I'm gonna be out of pocket for a few days, I think. Before you smart off (just a guess), it could be a medical emergency, so don't even try to go there with me. In the meantime, try to remember Sunday is Mother's Day and do something nice for the mothers in your life. They continue to give and love even when kids get mouthy. Brahmas, good luck Friday night!

Bull's-eye
05-07-2004, 04:16 PM
Bellville will host Weimar in a tune up game. Anybody have a start time?
Hamshire Fannett & Liberty start their 3 game series tonight. The winner will play Bellville in the next round.

Bull's-eye
05-08-2004, 06:36 PM
The UIL site posted that Hamshire Fannett defeated Liberty 4-2 and 7-3. They will meet Bellville in a 3 game series starting Thursday at Klein Collins in Spring. Game 2 and 3 (if needed) will be played Saturday, also in Spring. Thursday game begins at 7:00 pm and Saturday games will start at 1:00 pm.

Bellville22
05-08-2004, 07:59 PM
I watched HF play Sealy last year, but haven't heard much about them this year. Any word on what they bring to the table?

Bull's-eye
05-13-2004, 11:06 AM
Bellville plays Hamshire-Fannett tonight. Hopefully the rain will stay away! Good luck Bulls!!!:wave: :wave: :cheerl:

Bellville22
05-13-2004, 02:02 PM
Do we have dibs on the Astrodome? :D

Bull's-eye
05-13-2004, 09:54 PM
Still Raining in Houston, doesn't look good for tomorrow. Any chance this series gets shortened to a 1 game play off?

Bellville22
05-13-2004, 10:27 PM
Very good chance this could get shortened to 1. I'm not certain, but fairly sure if it rains tomorrow, they have to make it a 1-game.

I would actually kinda prefer a one-game with Bellville's lack of pitching depth. If we run into a scrappy team (eg. Navasota), I don't like our pitching getting stretched. Whatever the case, the Brahmas need to come out playing good ball and I like their chances.

Bull's-eye
05-14-2004, 01:24 PM
Hopefully the game will be played tonight. Go Bulls!

I read in the Bellville Times, that "Red Mustache" will be cutting hair in Bellville. Good luck Buddy! As a joke, when any of you see him, ask him about the "free haircuts." Tell him you read that on 3A Down Low. LOL

Bull's-eye
05-14-2004, 03:14 PM
I just heard that a single game will be played Saturday. The game is scheduled for 1:00 pm in Shiner. Can anybody else confirm this?

BrahmaMom
05-14-2004, 04:09 PM
Brahma fans, go to www.ricefootball.net to support continued Rice University Athletics at the Division I-A level. Feedback is due to the Board by May 16 and anyone can provide feedback. 22 and 73, I know y'all can really write great letters, former Brahmas Syp and Dornon would appreciate it.

BrahmaMom
05-15-2004, 10:33 AM
Go Bulls! It's DO or DIE today, ya'll gotta DO it! All the way!

BrahmaMom
05-15-2004, 07:55 PM
A great season has come to an end. Brahmas, congrats on district championship and being an awesome team to watch. You have represented Bellville well and we are proud of you. Best of luck to the seniors on the team. To those returning next year, keep the Bellville baseball tradition alive!

Bull's-eye
05-15-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
A great season has come to an end. Brahmas, congrats on district championship and being an awesome team to watch. You have represented Bellville well and we are proud of you. Best of luck to the seniors on the team. To those returning next year, keep the Bellville baseball tradition alive! My exact feelings, now for a quick summer and football will be here before we know it!

XMan
05-16-2004, 12:06 AM
I am very shocked/saddened to see the Brahmas fall so early in the playoffs. Last year they fell to Barber's Hill in the area round and now again this year to 3rd place Ham Fan in the area round. This was a tremendously talented group, 2 seniors have already signed to play D1 ball and Luetge will probably have a chance next year. The boys did great to win district but werent able to get it going come playoff time. Maybe next year, but the guys they have coming up are going to have a hard time filling the shoes of the seniors but then again these seniors only won 1 playoff series in 2 years so maybe the shoes arent so big. Well, time will tell.

KL3
05-16-2004, 11:31 AM
This loss was hard to take, especially since Hamshire-Fannet would not have even made the playoffs if they were in our district.

BrahmaMom
05-16-2004, 01:39 PM
Yep, I still can't believe we lost, KL3. That long break really took its toll on our Brahmas. This group was as fun to watch as your group. I hate to see it end. Hey KL3, go to www.ricefootball.net and vote for Rice Univ to stay DI-A.

XMan
05-16-2004, 09:45 PM
Very quiet in the Brahma nation. Most people at the pasture are full of pain. The Brahmas had not been hitting well ever since the loss to Navasota and it finally caught up with them. Maybe next year will be the year to return to glory.

BrahmaMom
05-17-2004, 07:27 AM
The Brahma Nation is in shock and mourning. Funny your observation that we haven't been the same since we played Navasota; I thought the same thing. Jabow's injury, plus the delayed games, threw the Brahmas off their game. This was quite a team, high expectations. Obviously, too high. These are, after all, kids. But I think the quiet you hear is the stunned reaction of a whole town. The Brahmas will pick themselves up, dust themselves off, and get ready for next year. To the seniors who go out district champs--congrats and Godspeed.

RBARKER
05-17-2004, 08:46 AM
I just wanted to say that the Bellville support on this board is terrific I can't imaginge what it is like away from this board. I wish Barbers Hill would get the same support that yall give your teams. BH has both there Girls and Boys still in the playoffs and I am the only one to toot their horn on this forum through out the year it's sad :( Good luck next year it will be year before we know it.

setex
05-17-2004, 09:41 AM
Bellville has a solid team. The SS can play.

Hamshire-Fannett started slow with a record of 1-7, but steady progress pushed them to 3rd place in district.

Columbus will be another big challenge, anything can happen.
Them beating Bridge City, shows they deserve to be where there at.