PDA

View Full Version : New Midland Lee coach

Snydertigersrul
04-29-2009, 11:09 PM
And the winner is ..... JAMES MORTON of Lubbock Monterey. CONGRATULATIONS COACH.

BwdLions
04-30-2009, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
And the winner is ..... JAMES MORTON of Lubbock Monterey. CONGRATULATIONS COACH.

Are you sure, or are you just spreading rumors?

Ranger Mom
04-30-2009, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions
Are you sure, or are you just spreading rumors?

There was a thread on this yesterday....it's a done deal!

Morton named Midland Lee Coach (http://mywesttexas.com/articles/2009/04/30/news/top_stories/doc49f8cc05f30ba323033290.txt)

Ex-Tiger2005
04-30-2009, 01:05 PM
Thats good for Lee. Now Tiger fans dont be surprised if Rogers is approached by the Plainsmen!

Johnny Utah
04-30-2009, 01:33 PM
Morton was an all state football player from Eastland High, led West Texas State as an All American. Will do well.

Troybuilt
04-30-2009, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Morton was an all state football player from Eastland High, led West Texas State as an All American. Will do well.

He will not. No one will at Lee. Too many internal problems that will take at least 4-5 years to fix. Besides, all state and all American does not qualify anyone for a successful coaching career.

Electus Unus
04-30-2009, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Troybuilt
He will not. No one will at Lee. Too many internal problems that will take at least 4-5 years to fix. Besides, all state and all American does not qualify anyone for a successful coaching career.

Johnny Utah
04-30-2009, 02:08 PM
Troybuilt, the guy has been coaching for a long, long long time. Vast success at all his stops. I am a little tired of the Lee bashing, admin, coaches, kids, you name it. Let it die my man. Wish the new guy well and move on. Electus, shouldnt you be at the Gattis in the Rock???

Troybuilt
04-30-2009, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Troybuilt, the guy has been coaching for a long, long long time. Vast success at all his stops. I am a little tired of the Lee bashing, admin, coaches, kids, you name it. Let it die my man. Wish the new guy well and move on. Electus, shouldnt you be at the Gattis in the Rock???

Just like drafting quarterbacks in the NFL. Time will tell and you will see.

pirate4state
04-30-2009, 02:23 PM
Just like drafting quarterbacks in the NFL. Time will tell and you will see. Mike Leach? :eek: :eek: :D

Troybuilt
04-30-2009, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Mike Leach? :eek: :eek: :D

He wasn't a quarterback nor did he ever play.
Must have missed something.

Johnny Utah
04-30-2009, 04:12 PM
Morton was not a QB, a running back for sure. Led Eastland to a State Title, and was an All American at WT(my father played football there). Just dont see how you can hate on a coach and not hope for their success. Morton has nothing to do with what is going on in Midland. All coaches are for the kids being successful. I hope they are in Midland and every where else as should you.

pirate4state
04-30-2009, 04:26 PM
He wasn't a quarterback nor did he ever play.
Must have missed something. LOL I was asking if YOU were Mike Leach. :p

captain d
04-30-2009, 04:30 PM
troybuilt, why do you have such strong feelings about the AD, Howey as well as the job Morton will do. Two pretty succesful guys it seems.

Troybuilt
04-30-2009, 04:54 PM
Not sucessful in this situation. As I said, the school morale is poor the leadership is bad and the entire infrastructure is not good. While these guys might be great guys, they cannot turn the program around. I don't care if it was Bill Belicheck, Lee will not win. I spoke with on of the interviewees and he told me personally that he would never go there after the interview that he had. I hope I am wrong............... but we will see.

Johnny Utah
05-01-2009, 12:10 PM
If that were the case...Morton would not go.

Ranger Mom
05-04-2009, 08:08 AM
Not sucessful in this situation. As I said, the school morale is poor the leadership is bad and the entire infrastructure is not good. While these guys might be great guys, they cannot turn the program around. I don't care if it was Bill Belicheck, Lee will not win. I spoke with on of the interviewees and he told me personally that he would never go there after the interview that he had. I hope I am wrong............... but we will see.

I live here....and while I am not saying Lee won't win....I agree with everything else you said.

I hope for everyone's sake that Morton can turn it around and the current administration will let him do what they hired him to do.....COACH!!!

Johnny Utah
05-04-2009, 08:52 AM
Like I said, Morton would not go if the above issues were the case. Just my 2 cents. But, someone else's misery is someone else's party.