PDA

View Full Version : Swine Flu in Fort Bend Co.

SHSBulldog00
04-29-2009, 10:04 PM
A female student @ Houston Episcopal High School has the swine flu. She lives in Fort Bend Co. There are currently 17 cases of Swine Flu in Texas. All cases are MILD.

crabman
04-29-2009, 10:12 PM
Actually "never waste a good crisis" is Rahm Emmanuel. What a tool.

wildstangs
04-29-2009, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
H.R Clinton also said it while speaking on global climate change, or global cooling, global warming, or whatever they're calling it now. Not sure who said it first.

On another note, the sports people at the nightly news were at your school earlier. Looked like some very disappointed athletes.

SintonFan
04-29-2009, 10:45 PM
Not to make this less than this is with the loss of a life but...
The one confirmed death is a toddler from Mexico who might have had it for a few days without proper medical care who's parents just happened to visit relatives there in Houston with a child who might or might not have been sick when they left.
I mourn for the lost child(any loss of life is horrible no matter where they come from because we all are human) but if reports are true then this virus hasn't killed anyone here in the States.
The world health org updated this to lvl five today for the first time ever. Didn't the Asian avian flu kill more quicker?
Too many questions...

TarponFanInNorthTexas
04-30-2009, 09:19 AM
I heard on the news this morning before I headed out to work that there was a death reported down in Brownsville.

*edit* - and now there's a confirmed case on a 2 year old kid in Brownsville. Link here: http://www.brownsvilleherald.com/news/virus_97491___article.html/phase_pandemic.html

And here's a link to the article regarding the child's death. Apparently he died in Houston, but visited Brownsville prior to his death. The kid was from Mexico City. Link here: http://www.brownsvilleherald.com/news/houston_97461___article.html/say_flu.html

Ranger Mom
04-30-2009, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas
I heard on the news this morning before I headed out to work that there was a death reported down in Brownsville.

I thought that was that kid. He was visiting family in Brownsville and had been sick, but died in a Houston hospital.....unless there has been another death.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
04-30-2009, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I thought that was that kid. He was visiting family in Brownsville and had been sick, but died in a Houston hospital.....unless there has been another death.

You are correct. Like I said, I heard it in passing as I was headed out the door, so I didn't get the full specifics. I did just confirm it on www.BrownsvilleHerald.com and posted links in my post above.

sahen
04-30-2009, 10:03 AM
the reason why the WHO is freaking out is because of the potential for the virus to spread...for now they dont care about the death toll cause in the US it will most likely be low cause we have good medical care...even Mexico has decent medical care compared to a lot of countries...what the WHO doesnt want is for a virus that is easily spread to get to a 3rd world country that has little or not health care...thats why bird flu killed quicker, when your sick in Vietnam its a lot different ball game than being sick here in the USA....for now it seems the virus hasnt spread into the 3rd world countries but if it does it COULD become devastating, thats why the WHO is freaking out...the level is also high because the virus seems to be passing along easily to relatively healthy adults, in 3rd world countries if your not a relatively healthy adult then your not going to live long anyway, which means this virus has the potential to spread very quickly in their countries...basically the threat level is mostly based on potential not actual numbers...