PDA

View Full Version : Sinton ranked #1 in new A P poll!

SINTON81
10-01-2002, 04:58 AM
1. Sinton
2. Longview Spring Hill
3. Newton
4. Burnet
5. Everman
6. Celina
7. Jasper
8. Gainesville
9. Daingerfield
10. Wills Point

<small>[ October 01, 2002, 08:31 AM: Message edited by: SINTON81 ]</small>

bulldog65
10-01-2002, 05:33 AM
Congratulations Sinton! Welcome to the shooting gallery! The hard part's not getting there, it's staying there. Best of luck this season.

bd0707
10-01-2002, 07:11 AM
Burnet is #4. Thats comfortable.

crazy3afan
10-01-2002, 10:47 AM
i don't see how celina is ranked so high in the polls they have had the weakest schedule so far. they haven't got a real test to prove themselves as a top ten team. look at who they have played

beat deleon(1-4) 56-0
beat sanger(0-4) 62-34
beat dallas pinkston(0-4) 56-0
beat lake dallas(0-4) 28-7

i geuss its just my opinion but until they play gainesville they have't proven they are a top ten team

sinton66
10-01-2002, 12:49 PM
bulldog65:
Congratulations Sinton! Welcome to the shooting gallery! The hard part's not getting there, it's staying there. Best of luck this season.Tee Hee, we STARTED there, and sure were happy when they decided to give it to you guys! Now we're their "darlings" again. Sometimes, I wish the sportswriters would go write about duck hunting or something. wink

bulldog65
10-01-2002, 02:03 PM
Ha Ha! Now you get the TV camera's, and interviews, and write-ups. I want to go hide for a while.

ElMeroMero
10-01-2002, 05:50 PM
I agree I think Celina is a bit overrated to.

PPHSfan
10-01-2002, 06:22 PM
OK here is my opinion on Celina being over rated. Celina does not have to prove that they are a top ten team, someone else has to prove that they are not. These guys are innocent of being unworthy until proven guilty. They have certainly proven themselves worthy of being a good football team regardless of which class they were in last year. Celina has won 61 games in a row, stop and think about that for a minute, they have not lost a game since 1998. The Seniors that graduated from Celina last year never once saw their Varstity Football Team lose a game the enitire four years that they spent in school. As far as I know, no other HighSchool team in the Great State of Texas can say they have a Varsity Anything that has won SIXTY ONE games in a row playing Football, Baseball,Soccer,Basketball,Chesss, or Tidliwinks. I could be wrong. Is Celina worthy of a Top Ten Rating? Maybe not, but until somebody proves they are not, they will just have to live with the fact that winning 61 games in a row of anything counts for something. Of course thats just my opinion, I am probably wrong.

sinton66
10-01-2002, 07:28 PM
bulldog65:
Ha Ha! Now you get the TV camera's, and interviews, and write-ups. I want to go hide for a while.Well, there's some of those that Sinton doesn't allow on the school grounds. I'd be surprized if they grant many interviews. Oh well, they'll come back around when you guys win out the rest of the way.

WpSr03
10-01-2002, 10:01 PM
Congrats to Sinton, though I'm sure Everman will be right back up there. And I too get a little hint that Celina is very very overrated. But maybe that's just my little right-shoulder devil friend whispering crap in my ear again...

sinton66
10-01-2002, 10:34 PM
Well, this is just the sportswriters poll. Celina would have to be a popular choice because of all those wins. Sportswriters are more "bandwaggoners" than football experts in my opinion. Now, if the coaches were saying this, I'd pay attention.

pirate4state
10-04-2002, 02:48 PM
You know Sinton66, I too thought the "hack" was not allowed on school grounds, but low and behold there he was Tuesday talking to Coach Mitchell & some of the D-guys. AND to make matters worse he was the only sportscaster (using the term lightly) in Sinton this week after the polls were announced. FYI ... Coach Mitchell will be the in studio guest on Channel 10 (for the locals) for the wrap up show tonight at 10:20 P.M. :D

SINTON81
10-04-2002, 03:02 PM
PIRATE4STATE, CHANNEL 3 WAS ALSO AT SINTON HIGH SCHOOL ON WEDNESDAY, TALKING TO COACH MITCHELL, ADRIAN AND CHANCE.

bulldog65
10-04-2002, 03:09 PM
See what I meant 66?

sinton66
10-06-2002, 09:30 AM
bulldog65:
See what I meant 66?Yep, guess you were right. Bet my guys stayed pretty humble. The "hack" is one that really surprized me, figured he'd be one to get a "cold shoulder" for sure. He's one "devil" I'd rather not dance with. :D

29x281
10-06-2002, 09:45 AM
And since only Mathis can even be considered a remote threat to Sinton for the next 8 weeks, that means that Sinton will remain #1 until they win state or are beaten in the playoffs. Their next real challenge won't come until the 3rd round of the playoffs, likely against Burnet.

<small>[ October 06, 2002, 09:47 AM: Message edited by: 29x281 ]</small>

marlinbulldog
10-06-2002, 12:37 PM
ok still no respect ,is thiss the real class 3a poll becase if it is its still no respect for marlin.last week when everone was talking about the marlin vs burnet game everone was saying how bad burnet was when they played us . in a post i asked why is marlin not getting any respect.not to take anything away from chris hart he said that we were so then i said what will it take to beat ennis on their homecoming .he then with everbody else said not likely.so now we have BEAT ENNIS!!!!!THE NUBER 1 RANK TEAM IN 4A THE 15 RANK TEAM IN THE NATION AND WERE STILL NOT RANKED!!!!!!!

<small>[ October 06, 2002, 12:40 PM: Message edited by: marlinbulldog ]</small>

sinton66
10-06-2002, 02:19 PM
Well, this was last week's poll after Everman and Jasper both lost. You'll have to wait til this coming week to see if you're ranked. Tha AP Poll doesn't really mean anything anyway, it's just the opinions of a bunch of sportswriters.

marlinbulldog
10-06-2002, 02:27 PM
HEY SINTON 66 WERE CAN U FIND THE HIGH SCHOOL POLLS

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-06-2002, 02:28 PM
Knowing the AP Poll.......I think Marlin will show up in the "Others receiving votes" area, maybe even the 2nd or 3rd one in that category......(it's ONLY MY OPINION MARLIN FANS) I don't think the sportswriters will put Marlin into the top 10 that quickly.

Chris Hart
10-06-2002, 03:14 PM
MarlinBulldog, I personally think you guys are a top 10 team, but you have 2 losses and that is one loss too many even with the good showing against Burnet and the win over Ennis, to get into the AP poll. You guys stay focused and keep winning and by week 9-11 ya'll will be in there.

<small>[ October 06, 2002, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: Chris Hart ]</small>

sinton66
10-06-2002, 03:18 PM
Marlinbulldog, give me a minute then check your pm's.

M.PIRATEFAN
10-06-2002, 05:54 PM
Even though Sinton is #1, and we have them the last game in District, it's going to be a good game. Playoff atmosphere!!!!!!! I don't want to talk too soon but Mathis is outscoring there opponents more than Sinton, I know it's just stats but when week 10 comes around we'll see.......but til then stay healthy and remember we are both making the playoffs so good luck to sinton but not against Mathis. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MATHIS PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!

sinton66
10-06-2002, 06:33 PM
You might want to consider who you've played, then think about who we've played before you get too carried away with your "stats". And remember, this year you come to our house. :D

pirate4state
10-07-2002, 10:22 AM
M.PIRATEFAN:
Even though Sinton is #1, and we have them the last game in District, it's going to be a good game. Playoff atmosphere!!!!!!! I don't want to talk too soon but Mathis is outscoring there opponents more than Sinton, I know it's just stats but when week 10 comes around we'll see.......but til then stay healthy and remember we are both making the playoffs so good luck to sinton but not against Mathis. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MATHIS PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!As 66 mentioned look at who Mathis has played vs teams Sinton has played. I think Mathis (and Sinton) need to focus on each week and stop looking ahead to week 10. Both West Oso and Aransas Pass have improved this year and could become obstacles for teams that don't take them seriously. Mathis lost to Refugio, right? And didn't A-P beat Refugio? hmmmm... Good Luck in District. wink

footballgal
10-07-2002, 10:34 AM
Congrats Sinton Pirates!! Took them long enough. :)

Old Cardinal
10-07-2002, 12:03 PM
Marlin should do will until they meet Newton. Newton will beat them 4 TD's......On the other subject, the weakest schedules in 3A of teams being touted are Gainesville, Spring Hill,Bridgeport, and Celina.

Chris Hart
10-07-2002, 04:29 PM
I have to dissagree with you Old Card on that one. I believe Marlin and Newton are very similar teams. They both have very fast aggressive defenses, but I believe Marlin has the more powerful offense. This 2nd round matchup might pit the 2 best defenses in the state against one another. This will be a classic defensive struggle, and I am going to predict Newton will go home for the season after this one.