PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to the Mavs

Maroon87
04-28-2009, 11:10 PM
The better team won the series. Best of luck vs. NO/DEN.

wildstangs
04-28-2009, 11:16 PM
Ditto. Looks like the Rockets are struggling to finish off their series.

3afan
04-28-2009, 11:18 PM
woohoo

my daughter got tix on eBay & drove down ... $25 each

Emerson1
04-28-2009, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Ditto. Looks like the Rockets are struggling to finish off their series.
They just need to cover a 5.5 point spread

kepdawg
04-28-2009, 11:19 PM
No need for congratulations.

SA has 4 rings.

Maroon87
04-28-2009, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg

SA has 4 rings.

Yeah...but it's easy to get greedy.;)

Emerson1
04-28-2009, 11:21 PM

SA has 4 rings.
That sure helped them this playoff series didn't it?

kepdawg
04-28-2009, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
That sure helped them this playoff series didn't it?

No but that is all that matter because that is all the SA fans talk about.

wildstangs
04-28-2009, 11:26 PM
No but that is all that matter because that is all the SA fans talk about.

Maverick fans would kill to say that they had 4 championships. I have never understood why Maverick fans resent the Spurs so much? Jealousy?

Of course I am a Laker fan, but it is hard for me to not like the Spurs. Popovich has already been on saying that the better team won this series. Would Cuban say the same if the Spurs won, or would he be crying about the officiating?

Maroon87
04-28-2009, 11:27 PM
I'm gonna take the high road here and repeat my congratulations to the Mavs. When the Spurs lose I'll be the first one on here to offer congratulations, just like tonight.

Best of luck down the road...

kepdawg
04-28-2009, 11:28 PM
Maverick fans would kill to say that they had 4 championships. I have never understood why Maverick fans resent the Spurs so much? Jealousy?

Of course I am a Laker fan, but it is hard for me to not like the Spurs. Popovich has already been on saying that the better team won this series. Would Cuban say the same if the Spurs won, or would he be crying about the officiating?

SA has 4 rings. The Cowboys have 5. And? It's all about what have you done for me lately? Teams with rings will always bring them up when they lose, especially when they lose to teams with no rings. Teams with no rings will always talk about now, especially when they beat a team with rings.

wildstangs
04-28-2009, 11:35 PM
SA has 4 rings. The Cowboys have 5. And? It's all about what have you done for me lately? Teams with rings will always bring them up when they lose, especially when they lose to teams with no rings. Teams with no rings will always talk about now, especially when they beat a team with rings.

Very true. Maybe the Maverick fans will get that championship ring this year so they can bring up their ring to the SA fans.

Either way, San Antonio definitely has a very recent successful past that their organization and fans have a right to be proud of. Wish we could say the same for the Cowboys.

Bull's-eye
04-28-2009, 11:40 PM
Congrats to the Mavs! Didn't think they would close it out on the Spurs home court, but they came through. Good luck in the next series.

GrTigers6
04-29-2009, 05:44 AM

Of course I am a Laker fan, but it is hard for me to not like the Spurs. Popovich has already been on saying that the better team won this series. Would Cuban say the same if the Spurs won, or would he be crying about the officiating? If the Spurs would have won then the best team wouldn't have been the winner :D :D

I. B. Watching
04-29-2009, 06:45 AM
I've lived in Dallas all my life. I have lots of friends who are Maverick fans who don't like the Spurs. I'm a diehard Maverick fan, but I'll always have a special place in my heart for the Spurs/ AKA Dallas Chaparels. I used to love going to those ABA games as a kid. Anyway, great series for the Mavericks. Hope they can keep it rolling

bandera7
04-29-2009, 06:58 AM
I have never understood it either. I root for Texas teams when the Spurs arent involved. When they are, Spurs all the way. I agree with the Cuban thoughts. It seems regardless, its the officials fault. Popovich already was quoted as saying "The Mavs beat the Spurs. Period. Best team won." And we have an owner that understands the value of keeping your mouth shut. what is there to hate so much?

Pick6
04-29-2009, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by bandera7
what is there to hate so much?

There's 1 good thing about San Antonio, seeing it in your rear view mirror.

Maroon87
04-29-2009, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Pick6

Your entitled to your opinion, even if it's wrong.:D

I loved living there. Of course it wasn't nearly as big then as it is now...

Bull's-eye
04-29-2009, 10:24 AM

San Antonio is a great place, they have the River Walk & Alamo. If it weren't for those brave men at the Alamo, we could be living in Mexico. :(

crzyjournalist03
04-29-2009, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
San Antonio is a great place, they have the River Walk & Alamo. If it weren't for those brave men at the Alamo, we could be living in Mexico. :(

Umm...actually, as brave as the souls at the Alamo were, all but a couple of them ended up dead. If you want to thank a group for our freedom, thank the group from the Battle of San Jacinto.

Pick6
04-29-2009, 10:36 AM
San Antonio is a great place, they have the River Walk (

The most over-rated thing in Texas.

Bull's-eye
04-29-2009, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Umm...actually, as brave as the souls at the Alamo were, all but a couple of them ended up dead. If you want to thank a group for our freedom, thank the group from the Battle of San Jacinto.

Read your history books, what those men did at the Alamo allowed Sam Houston to be victorious at San Jacinto.

crzyjournalist03
04-29-2009, 11:25 AM
Read your history books, what those men did at the Alamo allowed Sam Houston to be victorious at San Jacinto.

Sam Houston ordered a retreat after receiving word of the Alamo. History book are written by the victors. Texas lost the battle of the Alamo. Had Texas won the battle, an argument could be made that it was responsible for earning Texas's independence.

I deeply admire the people who fought at the Alamo for their courage, loyalty, fortitude, and their impressive stand. But to claim that they were the reason that Texas eventually won their independence makes the story more legendary, not more realistic.

The battle cry "Remember the Alamo" may have given the Texan army at San Jacinto courage and confidence that they could defeat the Mexican army, but ultimately, they still had to go out there and get the job done. And the people from the Alamo weren't around to do that.

SintonFan
04-29-2009, 12:54 PM
Congratulations Mavericks. Best of luck in the next round! I'll be rooting for you guys like a fellow Texan should.:)

Bull Butter
05-01-2009, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
I have never understood it either. I root for Texas teams when the Spurs arent involved. When they are, Spurs all the way. I agree with the Cuban thoughts. It seems regardless, its the officials fault. Popovich already was quoted as saying "The Mavs beat the Spurs. Period. Best team won." And we have an owner that understands the value of keeping your mouth shut. what is there to hate so much?

That's just the way Dallas/Metroplex fans are. They hate on the Astros, Rockets and Texans too.

Pick6
05-01-2009, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
That's just the way Dallas/Metroplex fans are. They hate on the Astros, Rockets and Texans too.

Where is the rule that you have to cheer on other teams in your state? Do you really think that Mets fans are exicted when the Yankees win.

Emerson1
05-01-2009, 02:03 PM
The most over-rated thing in Texas.
Not really

Pick6
05-01-2009, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Not really

Oh yeah, I forgot about West Texas Football :D :taunt: :stirpot:

bandera7
05-01-2009, 05:35 PM
I still just dont see what is there to hate so much. The Spurs are all good guys. Whether you agree with their style of play is one thing. But they are all good people. No problems with the law, none of that nonsense.

SintonFan
05-01-2009, 06:36 PM
Where is the rule that you have to cheer on other teams in your state? Do you really think that Mets fans are exicted when the Yankees win.
lol
Please don't compare New York with Texas. Those Northern ppl are backwards.
http://clicksmilies.com/s1106/spezial/Fool/crazy.gifhttp://clicksmilies.com/s1106/spezial/Fool/crazy.gifhttp://clicksmilies.com/s1106/spezial/Fool/crazy.gif