PDA

View Full Version : Dallas' Roy Williams vs. Brandon Pettigrew

Sweetwater Red
04-27-2009, 11:01 AM
I can't wait to compare these two guys stats at the end of next
season.:thinking: :devil:

For those of you that don't know. Pettigrew is a TE out of Okie St.
and who Detroit drafted with the #20 pick they got from Dallas
for Roy Williams.

DaHop72
04-27-2009, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I can't wait to compare these two guys stats at the end of next
season.:thinking: :devil:

For those of you that don't know. Pettigrew is a TE out of Okie St.
and who Detroit drafted with the #20 pick they got from Dallas
for Roy Williams. :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Pick6
04-27-2009, 11:10 AM
Why compare these 2 players? Dallas wouldn't of picked Pettigrew if they had the chance anyway, they already have 2 better TE's on their roster.

Sweetwater Red
04-27-2009, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
Why compare these 2 players? Dallas wouldn't of picked Pettigrew if they had the chance anyway, they already have 2 better TE's on their roster.

Don't try to make sense out of it.:mad:

crzyjournalist03
04-27-2009, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Don't try to make sense out of it.:mad:

You're setting yourself up for failure anyway. Pettigrew will have either a rookie QB or a QB who is going on about his fifth team in ten years throwing him the ball, while Williams will have one of the top 10 quarterbacks in the league throwing him the ball.

Sweetwater Red
04-27-2009, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
You're setting yourself up for failure anyway. Pettigrew will have either a rookie QB or a QB who is going on about his fifth team in ten years throwing him the ball, while Williams will have one of the top 10 quarterbacks in the league throwing him the ball.

I don't know. This is from SI.:thinking:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2009/draft/tracker/draft_analysis/index.html?eref=T1

The Lions take the most complete tight end to come out in years. Pettigrew may not create mismatches in the passing game, but he is a reliable receiver who will help Matthew Stafford early in his career. More importantly, Pettigrew is an absolutely dominant blocker in the running game and will be able to help Detroit get more physical at the point of attack. Anyone doubting the selection of Pettigrew needs only to watch the Texas game, where the former Oklahoma State Cowboy demolished Brian Orakpo on a number of occasions. Scouts love Pettigrew and feel he is ready to be a starter beginning in Week 1.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-27-2009, 12:53 PM
He was a beast, but I like who the Cowboys have now anyways.

eagles_victory
04-27-2009, 02:00 PM
You're setting yourself up for failure anyway. Pettigrew will have either a rookie QB or a QB who is going on about his fifth team in ten years throwing him the ball, while Williams will have one of the top 10 quarterbacks in the league throwing him the ball. I thought Romo was still Dallas's Quarterback? :confused:

solocam
04-27-2009, 02:04 PM
X2

crzyjournalist03
04-27-2009, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I thought Romo was still Dallas's Quarterback? :confused:

name me 10 QBs in the league who you honestly believe are better than Romo right now.

pirate4state
04-27-2009, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I thought Romo was still Dallas's Quarterback? :confused: HAHA :D

Electus Unus
04-27-2009, 02:55 PM
name me 10 QBs in the league who you honestly believe are better than Romo right now. In this order....

1. Tom Brady*
2. Peyton Manning*
3. Ben Roethlisberger*
4. Kurt Warner*
5. Eli Manning*
6. Drew Brees
7. Donovan McNabb+
8. Jay Cutler
9. Joe Flacco
10. Matt Ryan

* Denotes Super Bowl Win
+ Denotes Super Bowl appearance

crzyjournalist03
04-27-2009, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
In this order....

1. Tom Brady
2. Peyton Manning
3. Ben Roethlisberger
4. Kurt Warner
5. Eli Manning
6. Drew Brees
7. Donovan McNabb
8. Jay Cutler
9. Joe Flacco
10. Matt Ryan

I wholeheartedly disagree with your #8-#10 right now. In the future, each of them could be better, but there's no way I'd take any of them over Romo right now.

Sweetwater Red
04-27-2009, 02:59 PM
name me 10 QBs in the league who you honestly believe are better than Romo right now.

Peyton, Eli, Donovan, Brady, Cutler, Warner, Palmer, Flacco, Ryan, and Brees.:thinking:

Electus Unus
04-27-2009, 03:00 PM
I wholeheartedly disagree with your #8-#10 right now. In the future, each of them could be better, but there's no way I'd take any of them over Romo right now.

I put Ryan on there because what he did with the Falcons as a rookie is remarkable.

Flacco is on there because he led his team to the AFC championship game as a rookie.

Cutler is a pro bowl quarterback just like Romo but I like his leadership ability more and he has a better arm.

crzyjournalist03
04-27-2009, 03:05 PM

Cutler is a pro bowl quarterback just like Romo but I like his leadership ability more and he has a better arm.

Leadership ability like "The coach hurt my feelings, so I'm going to demand a trade and not return the team's phone calls."?

Yeah, he exuded a ton of great leadership ability on his way out of Denver.

Electus Unus
04-27-2009, 03:08 PM
Leadership ability like "The coach hurt my feelings, so I'm going to demand a trade and not return the team's phone calls."?

Yeah, he exuded a ton of great leadership ability on his way out of Denver. IMO if the coach handled that situation poorly. If your going to come in being a young new head coach and say you want to trade your pro bowl quarterback because you don't like him then you better get it done. The coach didn't get it done so its human nature to be angry in that situation and I think its appropriate that he was felt the way he did.

Pick6
04-27-2009, 03:23 PM
IMO if the coach handled that situation poorly. If your going to come in being a young new head coach and say you want to trade your pro bowl quarterback because you don't like him then you better get it done. The coach didn't get it done so its human nature to be angry in that situation and I think its appropriate that he was felt the way he did.

Cutler's a crybaby.

Trashman
04-27-2009, 03:24 PM
In this order....

1. Tom Brady*
2. Peyton Manning*
3. Ben Roethlisberger*
4. Kurt Warner*
5. Eli Manning*
6. Drew Brees
7. Donovan McNabb+
8. Jay Cutler
9. Joe Flacco
10. Matt Ryan

* Denotes Super Bowl Win
+ Denotes Super Bowl appearance

:crazy: :smoker: :devil:

crzyjournalist03
04-27-2009, 03:47 PM
IMO if the coach handled that situation poorly. If your going to come in being a young new head coach and say you want to trade your pro bowl quarterback because you don't like him then you better get it done.

The coach never said he wanted to trade his pro bowl quarterback. He pursued a guy that he knew, and when it didn't work out, he said he was committed to Cutler. Cutler got his ego hurt and wanted out.

WylieBulldog92
04-27-2009, 03:56 PM
Romo > Palmer/McNabb
Big Ben > ALL.