PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for this Family and Sealy Area

STAggie
04-27-2009, 10:47 AM
From Sealy News:

A multi-car collision in Sealy Friday night claimed the life of two Sealy residents and one Tennessee man and sent three more to hospitals.

Sealy Resident Barbara Bogan and her 9-year-old son Jackson were killed Friday night in a head-on collision in the 5000 block of the Interstate Highway 10 west-bound frontage road near its intersection at Pyka Road.

Clyde Muntz, Jr., identified as a 51-year-old man from Knoxville, Tenn., was also killed in the accident.

Precinct 3 Justice of the Peace Cheryl Kollatschny pronounced Barbara Bogan and Muntz dead on the scene. Jackson Bogan was later pronounced dead on arrival at an undisclosed hospital.

Sealy Police Chief John Tollett said the cause of the accident is still unknown and that officers are investigating the incident.

Responders with the Sealy Police Department, Austin County Sheriff’s Office, Sealy Volunteer Fire Department, Department of Public Safety and EMS responded to the scene at approximately 8:30 p.m. Friday.

According to Tollett, Muntz was traveling west-bound on the frontage road in a 2000 green Kia vehicle while Bogan was driving east-bound in a 1999 Chevy Tahoe.

“It appears at this time that the Kia veered over in the other lane and struck the Tahoe,” Tollett said. “It appeared to be a head-on collision.”

Adrianna Bogan and Vanessa Ortega, both passengers in the Tahoe, were transported to undisclosed hospitals. Adrianna Bogan and Ortega are Sealy residents. As of Saturday afternoon, Tollett said both girls are still alive, although their current conditions are unknown.

Ricky Fertsch, 23, identified by Tollett as a transient, was traveling with Muntz. Fertsch was airlifted to Breckenridge Hospital and is believed to be in stable condition.

Tollett said police discovered the 2000 Kia Muntz was driving Friday night was stolen out of Knoxville.

“We are investigating that as well,” the chief said.

Tollett said Barbara Bogan’s husband, who is currently overseas, has been notified and is returning to Sealy.

CheerMom
04-27-2009, 03:00 PM
Prayers sent....

44INAROW
04-27-2009, 03:05 PM
prayers being sent from Cuero. :(

OldBison75
04-27-2009, 03:59 PM
Prayers for the families of all those killed and injured. It is such a tragedy for a community to have such a heart wrenching loss, so my prayers also go out to the Sealy area. May God bless you all.

STAggie
04-27-2009, 04:11 PM
I coached against the little boy during Little Dribblers, his dad is the lead singer of my dad's band and both of these kids were at my wedding. It is such a horrible thing and I hope that all the kids affected by this are able to understand and cope with the loss. I know my brother in law who is the same age and goes to school with Jackson was shocked and had a hard time going to sleep when we finally told him.