PDA

View Full Version : Car Tire Question

eagles_victory
04-26-2009, 07:49 PM
I went to my car yesterday and found out I had a flat tire and it is a pretty good drive to a tire place. Should I use the fix a flat stuff and try to drive it to the place or just take the tire off and take it to the place and see if they can plug or get a new one if I need to?

pero chato
04-26-2009, 07:55 PM
I would side on being careful. There are too many stories of blowouts and rollovers. If the tire is not entirely flat then yes use the fix a flat and drive in, but if it's completely flat, take it off. Do you have a spare?

mwynn05
04-26-2009, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by pero chato
I would side on being careful. There are too many stories of blowouts and rollovers. If the tire is not entirely flat then yes use the fix a flat and drive in, but if it's completely flat, take it off. Do you have a spare? yeah i had a blowout going 70 on the interstate last week....i was pretty lucky

GrTigers6
04-26-2009, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by pero chato
I would side on being careful. There are too many stories of blowouts and rollovers. If the tire is not entirely flat then yes use the fix a flat and drive in, but if it's completely flat, take it off. Do you have a spare? :iagree:
I had one just a week after gall bladder surgery trying to make it a little longer without replacing it. Luckily i wasn't hurt however my wife had to change it cause I couldn't lift anything.

I. B. Watching
04-27-2009, 06:51 AM
I'd just buy a new vehicle

Rabid Cougar
04-27-2009, 07:04 AM
In the case of an individual that cannot change at tire due to disability, most tire dealerships have service trucks that will come to you.

bwdlionfan
04-27-2009, 07:08 AM
I've been told that tire places HATE trying to repair a flat after someone has used fix a flat. I'm not sure why though.

waterboy
04-27-2009, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by I. B. Watching
I'd just buy a new vehicle
:iagree: :thumbsup:

Just buy a new vehicle.......they come with brand new tires.:clap:

Trashman
04-27-2009, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
I've been told that tire places HATE trying to repair a flat after someone has used fix a flat. I'm not sure why though.

Most, if not all, fix-a-flat chemicals are hazardous. :(

STANG RED
04-27-2009, 10:56 AM

It's because it coats the inside of a tire with a nasty film that is almost impossible to grind away down to good rubber, so a patch will stick. I usually keep a can of it for emergencies, but try to never use it. I also keep a plugging kit in my glove box. But most important, I always have a good spare.

I had a blowout right down in the bottom of Paladuro Canyon about 3 weeks back. Had to change it at 10:30 at night. Dang that was a pain in my butt. But at least I had a spare.

BaseballUmp
04-27-2009, 07:20 PM

My stepfather owns a tireshop and the reason they hate it so much is because of the mess it makes once its off the rim and its very hard to fix because the slime covers up what they are looking to fix.

sinfan75
04-27-2009, 08:44 PM
put the spare on and drive to the tire shop. That stuff is nasty!!