PDA

View Full Version : What school has had the most success in all sports?

GrTigers6
04-26-2009, 07:09 PM
Out of curiosity what high school in Texas has had the most state titles in all sports put together.
Second what school has had the most success without a state title in any sport.:thinking:

WOS87
04-26-2009, 08:04 PM
That's a VERY open-ended question....

In regards to schools that have won state championships in multiple sports I would put Duncanville at the top of the list in regards to the past 30 years.

They've won titles in 8 of the 10 major team sports since 1980

The only sports they haven't won a title in among the sports listed below are Softball and Girl's Team Track

http://idisk.mac.com/cboehme69-Public/stats/5a/5astatechamps.gif

As far as your second question goes I can't answer that. In football, the most successful programs without a state title are far and away Childress and Corpus Christi Calallen. They have the most playoff wins by far of any team that's never won a title.

GrTigers6
04-26-2009, 08:53 PM
I know there are teams like us that make the playoffs in several sports but haven't ever won the big one. In fact last year was the first time we ever advanced past regionals in any sport,(In mens athletics anyway) I know we aren't at the top of the list for that reason. I just was curious to see how many teams have been like us and been close several times but couldn't get over the hump for whatever reason.

GrTigers6
04-26-2009, 09:12 PM
Yeah they do that until they are matched up with Celina,Abilene Wylie, China Spring etc. Then they seem to fall apart. Like 2007 football ended with a 70-21 loss to state champion Celina who then only beat China Spring by 7 in the finals. We played China earlier in the season and had them at the half 13-0. And because of some nifty coaching we were down by 4 just a few minutes into the third. I think the final was 40 -24. :confused:

Rabid Cougar
04-27-2009, 07:11 AM
Simple answer....China Spring owns GR in football.

marler1972
04-27-2009, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
Yeah they do that until they are matched up with Celina,Abilene Wylie, China Spring etc. Then they seem to fall apart. Like 2007 football ended with a 70-21 loss to state champion Celina who then only beat China Spring by 7 in the finals. We played China earlier in the season and had them at the half 13-0. And because of some nifty coaching we were down by 4 just a few minutes into the third. I think the final was 40 -24. :confused:

Yeah, but in 2007 at one point our jv was scoring at will against Glen Rose in the 70 to 21 score..

c-town_balla
04-27-2009, 10:43 AM
So......not Glen Rose?

GrTigers6
04-27-2009, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by marler1972
Yeah, but in 2007 at one point our jv was scoring at will against Glen Rose in the 70 to 21 score.. yeah and so was our jv though including a freshman running back

GrTigers6
04-27-2009, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Simple answer....China Spring owns GR in football. So should we start the trash talking now or wait a little closer to the football season.:D :taunt:

Sweetwater Red
04-27-2009, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
That's a VERY open-ended question....

In regards to schools that have won state championships in multiple sports I would put Duncanville at the top of the list in regards to the past 30 years.

They've won titles in 8 of the 10 major team sports since 1980

The only sports they haven't won a title in among the sports listed below are Softball and Girl's Team Track

http://idisk.mac.com/cboehme69-Public/stats/5a/5astatechamps.gif

As far as your second question goes I can't answer that. In football, the most successful programs without a state title are far and away Childress and Corpus Christi Calallen. They have the most playoff wins by far of any team that's never won a title.

Am I the only one that can't read/see this chart? It's like it's
smushed(if that's a word?) together.:confused:

jason
04-27-2009, 12:54 PM

Second what school has had the most success without a state title in any sport.:thinking: when they were 3a - forney....

KingRob
04-27-2009, 07:20 PM
I don't know if you tried it already or not, but if you click on the exclamation point, it opens up the image.

WylieBulldog92
04-27-2009, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by KingRob
I don't know if you tried it already or not, but if you click on the exclamation point, it opens up the image.
HAHA I never knew you could do that until you posted it.

Twirling Time
04-27-2009, 07:30 PM
The only school up this way that might come close in all sports is Celina. Off the top of my head I do know they've won state championships in:

Football
Baseball
Boys track
Girls track
Girls cross country

Also, the girls basketball team has been to state a couple of times and their softball team has been to state (and will likely go again this year).

Of course, their boys basketball kind of drags the whole thing down — all 6 weeks of it thanks to football. :) Their volleyball is only a few years old but did make the playoffs last year.

WOS87
04-28-2009, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Am I the only one that can't read/see this chart? It's like it's
smushed(if that's a word?) together.:confused:

Click the wordage at the top of the original image post and it should zoom out so that you can read it

In fact I believe the original post states "Click This Bar for the full-sized image" although there isn't any bar that shows up. Just click around those words and it should zoom out for you

cshscougar08
04-28-2009, 07:51 AM
So should we start the trash talking now or wait a little closer to the football season.:D :taunt:

I don't know what trash talking is going to come from you seeing as we've pasted you the past five years. You could save yourself some embarrassment and not say anything. :D

GrTigers6
04-28-2009, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
I don't know what trash talking is going to come from you seeing as we've pasted you the past five years. You could save yourself some embarrassment and not say anything. :D But what fun is that :D
Besides we will win one of these days. and it will be a show!:1popcorn: :D

cshscougar08
04-28-2009, 04:05 PM
But what fun is that :D
Besides we will win one of these days. and it will be a show!:1popcorn: :D

Doubt it. ;)

It would be breaking news on every major network in Texas though.

GrTigers6
04-28-2009, 04:26 PM
Doubt it. ;)

It would be breaking news on every major network in Texas though. We will have to see but for now we still have the other sports to brag about until we win at football.:D

cshscougar08
04-28-2009, 05:08 PM
We will have to see but for now we still have the other sports to brag about until we win at football.:D

This is true. But it's Texas. Football is what really counts. Not that others don't.

GrTigers6
04-28-2009, 05:13 PM
This is true. But it's Texas. Football is what really counts. Not that others don't. Yeah and when it happens it makes all the others even more sweeter. :2thumbsup

cshscougar08
04-28-2009, 05:32 PM
Yeah and when it happens it makes all the others even more sweeter. :2thumbsup

Well we'll see what realignment does after next season. Might not be another time after this year. At least not for awhile anyway.

GrTigers6
04-28-2009, 07:18 PM
Well we'll see what realignment does after next season. Might not be another time after this year. At least not for awhile anyway. YEAH except for some reason our coaches keep agreeing to play yall :confused: :D :doh:

cshscougar08
04-28-2009, 09:00 PM
YEAH except for some reason our coaches keep agreeing to play yall :confused: :D :doh:

Maybe you need the humbling experience every year. :D

GrTigers6
04-29-2009, 06:04 AM
Maybe you need the humbling experience every year. :D you may be absolutely right. Either that or they keep hoping this is the year. or the next one maybe ... etc :D :D