PDA

View Full Version : My NFL draft winners and losers

Keith7
04-26-2009, 04:25 PM
Winners: Philadelphia Eagles

Losers: Dallas Cowboys

HAHA the cowgirls draft has sucked. I like how the cowpies have done NOTHING to improve their team this off season. Looks like another 7-9 / 8-8 season for dalless. Hey at least they have a neat new stadium!

CelinaCatFan
04-26-2009, 04:29 PM
Keith, I loved that Darcel went in the 2nd round yesterday!

Keith7
04-26-2009, 04:31 PM
yea that was awesome, I didn't expect him to go so early. I think it's safe to say that everybody from Gainesville is really excited for him.

turbostud
04-26-2009, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Keith7

HAHA the cowgirls draft has sucked. I like how the cowpies have done NOTHING to improve their team this off season. Looks like another 7-9 / 8-8 season for dalless. Hey at least they have a neat new stadium!

Ok Mel Kiper. This coming from an Eagles fan. The Cowboys didnt even pick till the 3rd round. Typical.

JasperDog94
04-26-2009, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Ok Mel Kiper. This coming from an Eagles fan. The Cowboys didnt even pick till the 3rd round. Typical. Did you expect anything less from the Downlow's number 1 Cowboy hater? I would have been disappointed with anything less.

Electus Unus
04-26-2009, 08:12 PM
Cowboys may have gotten a steal in the draft during the 7th round with Manuel Johnson.

Emerson1
04-26-2009, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
Cowboys may have gotten a steal in the draft during the 7th round with Manuel Johnson.
That is the WR I was hoping they would take. Either him or Carr from FSU. I thought Cosby might have gone late, but I'm sure teams were skeptical about his age.

Sweetwater Red
04-26-2009, 08:21 PM

I could careless about the Eagles or Cowboys. But I still clicked
on this thread because you've accidently posted a few intelligent
things. I was expecting this to be one of them.:doh:

forum_guy
04-26-2009, 08:47 PM
dallas already lost this draft back when they traded those picks for a non #1 wr

Maroon87
04-26-2009, 08:53 PM
The Eagles traded for Ellis Hobbs, a year after signing Asante Samuel? Who will they sign from the Pats next...Raymond Clayborn? Ronnie Lippett? T-Buck? Tim Fox?

Emerson1
04-26-2009, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
dallas already lost this draft back when they traded those picks for a non #1 wr
All they really lost was the #20 pick because they had so many in the other rounds and it's not like they missed out on elite WR talent because of it. You do know they drafted 12 players today

Keith7
04-26-2009, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
things. I was expecting this to be one of them.:doh:

I spend 99% of each day pretending to be intelligent in real life, why would I use the energy to try carry that over to here?

Lombardi
04-26-2009, 10:33 PM
Coach Landry and Company never went 12 years without a playoff win..Jones needs to sell the franchise... That is the only way he will get out of the way...

garciap77
04-26-2009, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Lombardi
Coach Landry and Company never went 12 years without a playoff win..Jones needs to sell the franchise... That is the only way he will get out of the way...

:iagree:

DaHop72
04-26-2009, 10:47 PM
things. I was expecting this to be one of them.:doh: Come on Red, a few designates 3 and that's about 2 more than he's posted. :doh:

Txbroadcaster
04-27-2009, 12:41 AM

Coach Landry never had a salary cap, or a Free Agency to deal with either..Back then you signed a player he was team property until the TEAM decided they were done with him

One other thing Landry has that Jerry Jones does not have...A Loss in the SB( I love Landry, just taking a chance to get a dig in)

BleedOrange
04-27-2009, 09:43 AM
I spend 99% of each day pretending to be intelligent in real life, why would I use the energy to try carry that over to here?

"pretending to be intelligent"??? Something about that seems right.

waterboy
04-27-2009, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by BleedOrange
"pretending to be intelligent"??? Something about that seems right.
:iagree: I still wanna know when that one time was that he said something intelligent.....:devil: :D No matter what he says, the fact of the matter is, the Eagles are losers......:stirpot:

crzyjournalist03
04-27-2009, 10:13 AM
The Cowboys fifth-round kicker had a better combine than any player that the Eagles drafted.

Keith7
04-27-2009, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
The Cowboys fifth-round kicker had a better combine than any player that the Eagles drafted.

ha great! I'm sure he was just what the Cowgirls needed to put them in the Super Bowl

Lombardi
04-27-2009, 09:27 PM
coach Landry also never had an owner that thought he was the coach and interfered everyday... his ego ran a great coach Johnson off... and made dallas an irrevelent franchise as far as competing for super bowls...

JasperDog94
04-28-2009, 10:47 AM
... his ego ran a great coach Johnson off... I'm so tired of this argument. Johnson was leaving long before his spat with Jerry and has admitted as much in interviews. Know your history before running your mouth..errr....keyboard.;)

Black_Magic
04-28-2009, 10:52 AM
ha great! I'm sure he was just what the Cowgirls needed to put them in the Super Bowl Sounds like a coment that can come back to bite you later.

Sweetwater Red
04-28-2009, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I'm so tired of this argument. Johnson was leaving long before his spat with Jerry and has admitted as much in interviews. Know your history before running your mouth..errr....keyboard.;)

What about this argument?

If Barry Sanders would've had the O-line Emmitt Smith did.......:D

Electus Unus
04-28-2009, 10:57 AM

If Barry Sanders would've had the O-line Emmitt Smith did.......:D Barry didn't even need the o-line that emmitt did. If Barry wouldn't have retired he would have passed emmitt up in yardage and eventually broke the record.

crzyjournalist03
04-28-2009, 11:34 AM

If Barry Sanders would've had the O-line Emmitt Smith did.......:D

Barry would have been one of the most beloved Cowboys of all-time and had three Super Bowl rings...

How's that for an end to your statement? :p

Sweetwater Red
04-28-2009, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Barry would have been one of the most beloved Cowboys of all-time and had three Super Bowl rings...

How's that for an end to your statement? :p

I knew I shouldn't have left it open ended!:doh: :D

Pick6
04-28-2009, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
Barry didn't even need the o-line that emmitt did. If Barry wouldn't have retired he would have passed emmitt up in yardage and eventually broke the record.

How could he of passed Emmitt when he already had more yardage when he retired?

Sweetwater Red
04-28-2009, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
How could he of passed Emmitt when he already had more yardage when he retired?

That is true. This is my opinion on why Sanders did retire. Barry's
dad was a hard ass. Wayne Fontes treated him like a son and
Barry loved playing for him. The Lions fire Fontes because their
not happy with going 6-10, 12-4, 5-11, 10-6 (you see the pattern?
I bet they'd take that in a minute now). They bring in a hard ass
in Bobby Ross (I bet he could make Tom Coughlin cry:thinking: ).
Barry hated playing for him. Another thing is Barry was on record
for saying is he didn't care about breaking Walter's record. Smith
did care. To be honest I think that is one of the reasons he
went to Arizona is to add to the record.

pirate4state
04-28-2009, 11:58 AM
How could he of passed Emmitt when he already had more yardage when he retired? :doh:

You have a little man crush on EU? :D

Pick6
04-28-2009, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:doh:

You have a little man crush on EU? :D

No man crush here at all. Besides if someone wanted a man crush, they couldn't have one for EU. It would have to be a boy crush. :thumbsup:

JasperDog94
04-28-2009, 12:12 PM

If Barry Sanders would've had the O-line Emmitt Smith did.......:D If Barry Sanders would've had half the heart Emmitt Smith had....:p

Sweetwater Red
04-28-2009, 12:38 PM
If Barry Sanders would've had half the heart Emmitt Smith had....:p

Sadly I can't argue that.:(

Lombardi
04-28-2009, 01:06 PM
I do know my history arsewipe, and was present at the Jones interview in Austin that set the whole feud into motion... I will run my mouth whenever I please..I got your keyboard...
I'm so tired of this argument. Johnson was leaving long before his spat with Jerry and has admitted as much in interviews. Know your history before running your mouth..errr....keyboard.;)

carter08
04-28-2009, 02:00 PM
Did you expect anything less from the Downlow's number 1 Cowboy hater? I would have been disappointed with anything less.

hey.

i hate the crybabies too.

romo's a homo and ummm jerry jones sucks

garciap77
04-28-2009, 02:07 PM
No man crush here at all. Besides if someone wanted a man crush, they couldn't have one for EU. It would have to be a boy crush. :thumbsup:

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/377/hystericalmn4.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/377/hystericalmn4.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/377/hystericalmn4.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/377/hystericalmn4.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Bullaholic
04-28-2009, 02:12 PM
Sadly I can't argue that.:(

You guys watch the same Barry Sanders that I did? Maybe he didn't finish a playoff game with a separated shoulder, but he never let up on the gas when he had the ball.

Sweetwater Red
04-28-2009, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
You guys watch the same Barry Sanders that I did? Maybe he didn't finish a playoff game with a separated shoulder, but he never let up on the gas when he had the ball.

By heart I mean passion for the game. Is that not the same thing?:confused:

He only had one significant injury during his entire 10 year career.
It was a sprained knee and he missed four weeks. He could've
played atleast two more years at a pro bowl level. Yet all it took
was a coaching change for him to hang up the cleats..IMO.

Bullaholic
04-28-2009, 02:45 PM
By heart I mean passion for the game. Is that not the same thing?:confused:

He only had one significant injury during his entire 10 year career.
It was a sprained knee and he missed four weeks. He could've
played atleast two more years at a pro bowl level. Yet all it took
was a coaching change for him to hang up the cleats..IMO. ]

I think the lack of passion is what did Barry in. I don't think he ever came to grips with the fact that the Lions management was willing to cut or trade him after all the games he literally won almost single-handedly for them. He just couldn't believe it and never accepted it and was bitter and in deep denial.

JasperDog94
04-28-2009, 02:52 PM
I do know my history arsewipe, and was present at the Jones interview in Austin that set the whole feud into motion... I will run my mouth whenever I please..I got your keyboard... Wow. Somebody is in need of a hug.:p :p

The argument with Jones did not start the process of Jimmy leaving. He admitted as much. But feel free to keep thinking whatever you want, no matter what the man himself said.:D

Lombardi
04-28-2009, 05:32 PM
the man said that years after it happened in an attempt to mend the fences... after all, they were college teammates...

Question to you jasperdog...

If Jones would not have been the meddling owner that he has proven through the years to be, would Johnson have stayed the coach of the Dallas Cowboys? I realize that everyone has a guesstimation of the situation.. I believe Johnson loved to win and he knew they had a chance to keep winning big...

Bottom line is he left and 1 more title was won and then it has metriculated to where we are today.. No playoff wins in 12 years...Very tough for a lifelong cowboy fan like me to take...Just my take on it...If everyone agreed with one another on these boards it would be boring...

Bullaholic
04-28-2009, 06:16 PM
the man said that years after it happened in an attempt to mend the fences... after all, they were college teammates...

If Jones would not have been the meddling owner that he has proven through the years to be, would Johnson have stayed the coach of the Dallas Cowboys? I realize that everyone has a guesstimation of the situation.. I believe Johnson loved to win and he knew they had a chance to keep winning big...

Bottom line is he left and 1 more title was won and then it has metriculated to where we are today.. No playoff wins in 12 years...Very tough for a lifelong cowboy fan like me to take...Just my take on it...If everyone agreed with one another on these boards it would be boring...

Lombardi.....I realize you are replying to jasperdog, but I hope you don't mind if I offer up my recollection of what happened between the JJ's. The egos of the 2 men began to clash after they had hit the heights and won 2 Superbowls, and unfortunately culminated in a heated exchange after both had a few too many and Jerry dropped the name of Barry Switzer. Things went downhill from that night and the bruised egos never healed. IMO, sooner or later these 2 enormous egos would have been in conflict over whose leadership was most reponsible for the success of the Cowboys and their rise as the epitome of the NFL.

Lombardi
04-28-2009, 06:28 PM
I agree... 1 of those exchanges happened in austin at training camp...the players during that time speak highly of the owner but rave of how johnson ran the show and didn't put up with any nonsense on the field...time has shown johnson was the catalyst to that dynasty..

JasperDog94
04-28-2009, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Lombardi.....I realize you are replying to jasperdog, but I hope you don't mind if I offer up my recollection of what happened between the JJ's. The egos of the 2 men began to clash after they had hit the heights and won 2 Superbowls, and unfortunately culminated in a heated exchange after both had a few too many and Jerry dropped the name of Barry Switzer. Things went downhill from that night and the bruised egos never healed. IMO, sooner or later these 2 enormous egos would have been in conflict over whose leadership was most reponsible for the success of the Cowboys and their rise as the epitome of the NFL. :iagree: I just get tired of the "blame Jerry for Jimmy leaving" thing when it was going to happen anyway. I have much respect for Jimmy and hated the hire of Barry. I'm not a huge Jerry Jones fan either, but I think was part of the reason for their early success.

bandera7
04-29-2009, 07:12 AM
back to the draft topic...I thought Carolina did exceptionally well. Everette Brown was supposed to be a first rounder. Goodsen is a high risk, high reward player, which is very acceptable in the 4th round. And Duke Robinson...he was a two time all american lineman unless I am mistaken, and can play both tackle and guard. Couldnt figure out how he dropped down so low. But they got him in the 5th round.

Lombardi
04-29-2009, 09:32 AM
carolina did well...Robinson is a load and Goodson could be a situational back in the NFL. I thought Cincinatti had a strange choice for a team that has had so many off the field problems.... Even Eisen kept saying "are you kidding me." Hope it works out but you would think they would have picked him up as a free agent. Talking about the pick from ACU..

Pick6
04-29-2009, 09:44 AM
:iagree: I just get tired of the "blame Jerry for Jimmy leaving" thing when it was going to happen anyway. I have much respect for Jimmy and hated the hire of Barry. I'm not a huge Jerry Jones fan either, but I think was part of the reason for their early success.

And remember Johnson mentioned that he was interested in the Jacksonville job, while he was still a coach for the Cowboys. There was nothing that Jerry could of done to have kept Johnson any longer.

SintonFan
04-29-2009, 01:19 PM
From http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=dw-winnerslosers042608&prov=yhoo&type=lgns :

WINNER (of the strangest quote award): Jonathan Stewart

“I’m explosive, a power runner, North and South – more North,” Stewart said.

I guess he’ll only be effective two quarters a game. Did the Panthers know about his aversion to the South when they picked him?
Kinda funny there...

Z motion 10 out on 2
05-04-2009, 03:47 AM
Looks like Bernard Scott of Vernon has a great chance to make this NFL team. He was drafted in the 6th Round. I found this on the Cincinatti website regarding the first rookie mini camp:

SLANTS AND SCREENS: Lewis liked what he saw of the two fullbacks, seventh-rounder Fui Vakapuna of BYU and free agent Chris Pressley of Wisconsin ("They both have great opportunity"), as well as sixth-round running back Bernard Scott.

"My man B. Scott, I think he really came in and showed well," Lewis said. "I think he was getting himself worked into shape. I think this was a lot of football for him this weekend and with (Lucky) going down he got a lot of time, a lot of repetition.

"The biggest thing for him is the ability to run and catch and do those is there. The adjustment he needs to make is to block linebackers and learn protection and those things."

Before Friday, Scott was best known for five arrests and four colleges. Four of the arrests have been dismissed and one about to be expunged, but he didn't dodge the character issue this weekend and took on all comers. He also showed he can turn on the jets getting to the outside.

"I knew some teams would run from me," admitted Scott, but he says he's grown up and is hanging with a better crowd and making better decisions because he's thinking before reacting.

He had one tattoo above his heart that was interesting because of the dates, 1933-1998.

"My grandmother. My parents raised me but she was the one everyone looked up

Farmersfan
05-04-2009, 08:08 AM

Rumors about this are all over the place. I chose to look at what each of these individuals brought to the table. If Jerry Jones was not a meddling owner then Johnson doesn't have a ton of draft picks that he got from the Viking for Herschel Walker. And If JJ isn't a meddling owner then Johnson also doesn't draft Aikman and we have Walsh as our francise QB.........
And if you doubt go and look at Johnsons career since leaving the JJ owned francise. If Johnson was such a great coach he forgot how to do it when he left.

Emerson1
08-20-2009, 02:30 PM
Wow. Somebody is in need of a hug.:p :p

The argument with Jones did not start the process of Jimmy leaving. He admitted as much. But feel free to keep thinking whatever you want, no matter what the man himself said.:D
Jerry and Jimmy shared a suite at the George Strait concert a couple months ago. They must really hate each other.