PDA

View Full Version : Mavs beat Spurs

3afan
04-25-2009, 06:26 PM
... now up 3-1 in series

forum_guy
04-25-2009, 10:03 PM
not surprising, parker cant beat 5 people by himself and duncan cant dominate anymore

charlesrixey
04-25-2009, 10:53 PM
Spurs will be fine next year

IF Dirk decides to be a factor, the mavs could make some noise.

Right now, the only reason it isn't hurting the mavs is the spurs have only two scorers with ginobili grounded

I. B. Watching
04-25-2009, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
Spurs will be fine next year

IF Dirk decides to be a factor, the mavs could make some noise.

Right now, the only reason it isn't hurting the mavs is the spurs have only two scorers with ginobili grounded
I love my Mavs, but Ginobili sidelined has made a difference. Hope the Mavs can take it in 5 or 6.

Maroon87
04-26-2009, 01:29 AM
I'm the biggest Spurs fan on Earth, but this is not their year. Parker is playing his ass off, but they are just outgunned without Manu. If he were healthy he would've taken over the game today and most likely brought home the win. This was his type of scenario.

But no excuses...the Mavs are better equipped right now and deserve to advance. Still...they have to put the dagger thru the heart so we will see how it plays out...

gobbler grad
04-26-2009, 08:50 AM
they are too dang old...except for Parker:thinking:

JasperDog94
04-26-2009, 10:22 AM
I still can't figure out why the Spurs traded the rights to Louis Scola to the Rockets. Don't get me wrong, I'm really glad they did. He would have been a good fit in San Antonio.

forum_guy
04-26-2009, 11:03 AM
they need some athletic youngsters on their team, parker cant beat 5 people by himself, and what everyone fails to mention is that duncan cant dominate a game nowhere close to what he used to do anymore, they have no consistent bench, and even with manu they had no chance in the west

eagles_victory
04-26-2009, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I still can't figure out why the Spurs traded the rights to Louis Scola to the Rockets. Don't get me wrong, I'm really glad they did. He would have been a good fit in San Antonio. They didnt really have a choice because of the situation with Scolas pro team from another country. The buyout rules for international contracts and the way Scolas team were demanding figures made it almost impossible for them to sign him so there hands were tied.

STANG RED
04-26-2009, 02:47 PM
Good for the Mavs. But it'll end up being too little too late in the long run. They had their best shot of winning it all a couple years back, when they ended up choking big time, and letting Dwayne Wade snatch it out of their hands. I dont think they have nearly enough to get by either Cleveland or L.A. In fact I think either of those could possibly sweep the Mavs. But then again, I think every other team in the playoffs are just alsorans compared to those two.

Emerson1
04-26-2009, 02:53 PM
Neither team would sweep the Mavs. If the Mavs some how were in the WCF then they would be currently playing some great basketball, and Dirk always takes Pau to school.

Outside of Lebron the cavs aren't that good.