PDA

View Full Version : Yoakum Softball Warm-Up games

bulldogs_1975
04-25-2009, 06:25 PM
Yoakum played two extremely good softball teams the past two days in Danbury and Tuloso Midway (Corpus Christi ranked #2 in 4A).

Yoakum 0 Danbury 1
Yoakum 1 Tuloso Midway 2

Yoakum has two really good pitchers that are both pitching well at the right time. Just two costly errors have proven the differences in these two games. I am not for sure but I think in the danbury game the coach pitched both of his pitchers and gave up only 7 hits total and 1 run. Talking to one of the parents they said that Danbury had basesloaded twice with no outs and Yoakum got out of it both times. Danbury scored on a wild pitch and a very close play at the plate.

Yoakum in the game against Tuloso Midway played extremly good defense but left 12 or so runners on the bases. Yoakum had bases loaded in the bottom of the 7th with no out and just could not get that one hit to score a run or two. Both of the pitchers in this dual pitched really good. Good luck to Coach Mann and Lady Bulldogs in the playoffs

Phil C
04-26-2009, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by bulldogs_1975
Yoakum played two extremely good softball teams the past two days in Danbury and Tuloso Midway (Corpus Christi ranked #2 in 4A).

Yoakum 0 Danbury 1
Yoakum 1 Tuloso Midway 2

Yoakum has two really good pitchers that are both pitching well at the right time. Just two costly errors have proven the differences in these two games. I am not for sure but I think in the danbury game the coach pitched both of his pitchers and gave up only 7 hits total and 1 run. Talking to one of the parents they said that Danbury had basesloaded twice with no outs and Yoakum got out of it both times. Danbury scored on a wild pitch and a very close play at the plate.

Yoakum in the game against Tuloso Midway played extremly good defense but left 12 or so runners on the bases. Yoakum had bases loaded in the bottom of the 7th with no out and just could not get that one hit to score a run or two. Both of the pitchers in this dual pitched really good. Good luck to Coach Mann and Lady Bulldogs in the playoffs

Bull that speaks well for Yoakum because Tuloso Midway is a very good 4A school. I don't know anything about Dunbary though but they must be good.

mwynn05
04-26-2009, 08:11 PM
7 hits is a lot in a softball game