PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Gall Bladder Removal Surgery

Antec
04-25-2009, 05:46 PM
Just got back from Wharton Hospital after emergency gall bladder removal Surgery on Friday Morning.

Got to feeling bad on Wednesday night and went to emergency room on Thursday morning when they found out about my gall bladder being infected and with gall stones

It was sort of scope surgery so they caught it in time

Procedure went smoothly and was able to get out of hospital on Saturday

Will have to miss a week of work since I can't drive

Doing okay just a little sore and tired
but dr wanted me to get up and move around since my blood pressure was a little low..

LH Panther Mom
04-25-2009, 06:28 PM
I hope you feel better soon! :)

bullfrog_alumni_02
04-25-2009, 10:48 PM
i hope you feel better as well. but much better than what LHPM would want you to feel. :p (just kidding LHPM.)

Trashman
04-26-2009, 08:47 AM
That stinks; hope you get to feeling better real soon!

Old Dog
04-29-2009, 12:08 AM
Glad you are bouncing back quickly. I had that surgery many years ago when they sliced you open. I'm jealous of you three holer guys.......I assume that's what you had because you were out so fast. The only recomendation I have is to re-enter the world of fried foods VERY slowly and lightly. The old bod will soon get itself adjusted and you will be back in fine form.

44INAROW
04-29-2009, 10:55 AM
Glad they caught it in time and you're back on the mend. Hope your recovery goes smoothly.. Enjoy the week off ;)

ronwx5x
04-30-2009, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Antec
Just got back from Wharton Hospital after emergency gall bladder removal Surgery on Friday Morning.

Got to feeling bad on Wednesday night and went to emergency room on Thursday morning when they found out about my gall bladder being infected and with gall stones

It was sort of scope surgery so they caught it in time

Procedure went smoothly and was able to get out of hospital on Saturday

Will have to miss a week of work since I can't drive

Doing okay just a little sore and tired
but dr wanted me to get up and move around since my blood pressure was a little low..

I had that done about 8-10 years ago. In and out the same day, with little mercy shown. They woke me up and said you're leaving! Pretty easy though, since I was back at work on Monday following Friday surgery. I was a little tired and sore, but got over it quickly, so hopefully you'll be the same way.

My first notification of a problem did not come from feeling bad. I was in agonizing pain and thought I might be having a heart attack. I was actually relieved when they diagnosed gallstones.

Antec
05-03-2009, 09:55 PM
I'm dong a much better but still a little sore which is expected

I went to work half days on Thursday and Friday

I' m driving short distances and still taking my pain medication but not as often

Feel I have a week before I'm at almost 100 percent

Have follow up Doctors appointment on Thursday

Thanks for all the thoughs and prayers