PDA

View Full Version : Giddings/Bellville baseball playoff for bye

buff4ever
04-24-2009, 11:49 PM
Co-champs at 9-1 in district play. Giddings won game 1 8-2 and Bellville took game 2 10-9.

This will be a great game, but giddings will definitely win with ease!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Chime in bellville friends. SOME ONE TELL ME WHEN AND WHERE.

SintonFan_inAustin
04-24-2009, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
Co-champs at 9-1 in district play. Giddings won game 1 8-2 and Bellville took game 2 10-9.

This will be a great game, but giddings will definitely win with ease!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Chime in bellville friends. SOME ONE TELL ME WHEN AND WHERE. settled it in Corpus Christi Whataburger Field!

SportsDoc
04-24-2009, 11:53 PM
Don't be so sure buff4ever, it ought to be a good game...

Gators17
04-24-2009, 11:58 PM

Chime in bellville friends. SOME ONE TELL ME WHEN AND WHERE.

It'll be next Friday but the location and time aren't set yet. Most likely at the Brenham High School's baseball field, but La Grange and Columbus are other possibilities.

I'll take Bellville in this one..too much pitching!

pirate4state
04-25-2009, 10:15 AM
How many players will miss the game due to the regional track meet?

Brahma84
04-25-2009, 10:20 AM
Bellville has no baseball players that run track.

Bull's-eye
04-25-2009, 11:58 AM
I hope they don't get those same umpires out of the Gidding's stands. :D :D

brahmalife2
04-25-2009, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I hope they don't get those same umpires out of the Gidding's stands. :D :D NO KIDDING!!! those were the worst umpires i have ever seen. you want a biased umpire just go watch a giddings home game!

zebrablue2
04-25-2009, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I hope they don't get those same umpires out of the Gidding's stands. :D :D

:evilgrin:

XMan
04-25-2009, 03:20 PM
Im thinking they will need a 3 man crew for this one. Lets get Tippy behind the plate (if the backstop is not too close), Nunn at 1st and Bennett at 3rd. Brahmas by 10 if that happens.

KL3
04-25-2009, 07:09 PM
Hey XMan, tell your sister I said hello. I'll let her know your still so supportive of the Brahmas on the downlow.

buff4ever
04-25-2009, 10:59 PM
I will take the good umps too over the bad ones we had here in giddings. We beat yalls butt with the good ones, and let yall beat us by one with the bad ones:D :D :D SOME OF YOU BELLVILLE FANS CAN BE HARD TO READ SOMETIMES. and this is coming from someone who takes up for yall most of the year.

The game in giddings left both pitchers bad conditions with a muddy mound and semi-wet balls. After the rain/hail storm.

You want to talk about too much pitching on your side. We prolly have quality pitching as deep or deeper than yall.

I think you can call pitching a tie at best.

Giddings has too many quality sticks for bellville to keep up again.

Giddings also will have less errors.

All this tells me giddings will win the tie breaker. But if I know bellville posters by now, they will not accept these POSSIBILITIES as even maybe facts untill after the game. Oh sorry, they won't then either, it will have been b/c of the umps again or something else. I am just glad this game will not be played in giddings. It will cut the home cooking post down a little.

XMan
04-26-2009, 07:37 AM
Heck, Im taking the Brahmas by 10, how much more support can I give? Im also thinking that Buff4ever should personally be in charge of making sure no one has to play with wet balls again.

Gators17
04-26-2009, 10:32 AM
I will take the good umps too over the bad ones we had here in giddings. We beat yalls butt with the good ones, and let yall beat us by one with the bad ones:D :D :D SOME OF YOU BELLVILLE FANS CAN BE HARD TO READ SOMETIMES. and this is coming from someone who takes up for yall most of the year.

The game in giddings left both pitchers bad conditions with a muddy mound and semi-wet balls. After the rain/hail storm.

You want to talk about too much pitching on your side. We prolly have quality pitching as deep or deeper than yall.

I think you can call pitching a tie at best.

Giddings has too many quality sticks for bellville to keep up again.

Giddings also will have less errors.

All this tells me giddings will win the tie breaker. But if I know bellville posters by now, they will not accept these POSSIBILITIES as even maybe facts untill after the game. Oh sorry, they won't then either, it will have been b/c of the umps again or something else. I am just glad this game will not be played in giddings. It will cut the home cooking post down a little.

Giddings doesn't have near the pitching depth that Bellville has. Giddings has one good pitcher (Masek) and last time he pitched he gave up 10 earned runs. Kmoch is a good pitcher as well, but not the pitcher that Huebner/Mueller is. Hopefully this time the players will be able to play the game like it should be played and with umpires who actually know what they're doing out there.. God forbid there be a wet ball for a pitcher to throw! :doh:

fungo
04-26-2009, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Gators17
Giddings doesn't have near the pitching depth that Bellville has. Giddings has one good pitcher (Masek) and last time he pitched he gave up 10 earned runs. Kmoch is a good pitcher as well, but not the pitcher that Huebner/Mueller is. Hopefully this time the players will be able to play the game like it should be played and with umpires who actually know what they're doing out there.. God forbid there be a wet ball for a pitcher to throw! :doh:
You think Bellville has the best pitching - They gave up 8 in the 1st game and 9 in the 2nd game against Giddings. I'm just looking for a great game between two well coached teams and wish both a great playoff run.

buff4ever
04-26-2009, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by fungo
You think Bellville has the best pitching - They gave up 8 in the 1st game and 9 in the 2nd game against Giddings. I'm just looking for a great game between two well coached teams and wish both a great playoff run.

Thanks, if that came from me, it wouldn't have been heard at all.

I was just trying to stir up some fun. The pitching comment made an excuse for both teams giving up to many runs for what were suppose to be good pitchers.

Masek is our only good pitcher, yet kmoch held them to 2 at their field. Neither team has allowed many runs throughout district, except for the 2nd game between each other. Neither pitcher to me looked like they had their stuff working. (maybe it was the conditions, but since that just made me seem stupid, they must both suck)

Buffgal
04-26-2009, 09:48 PM
Playoff game for seeding
Bellville vs Giddings
5/1/09 Friday 7 pm in Weimar

buff4ever
04-26-2009, 09:59 PM
It'll be next Friday but the location and time aren't set yet. Most likely at the Brenham High School's baseball field, but La Grange and Columbus are other possibilities.

If you would have added weimar to your list, it would have looked like you knew what you were talking about.

:D ;) jk

Gators17
04-27-2009, 09:52 AM
If you would have added weimar to your list, it would have looked like you knew what you were talking about.

:D ;) jk

I got that information straight from Coach Cerny so I figured it was pretty legit info. I guess next time I'll just have to sit on my butt and wait for someone on here to post it.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-27-2009, 01:41 PM

Chime in bellville friends.

Hey buff, are you going? Should be a good game everyone sould be well rested.

buff4ever
04-28-2009, 12:10 AM
It would be a hard game to miss if you are much of a baseball fan. Would have to have something else that I am required to do to miss. I know you'll be there, right?

BaseballUmp
04-28-2009, 12:22 AM
What events occured with umpires in the previous games?

Footballhudini
04-28-2009, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
What events occured with umpires in the previous games?

probably the same type of officiating that we see when the Rice Raiders win region in football. it's just downright bad/obvs they pay them off. lol

hookandladder
04-28-2009, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by fungo

Well said, would have to agree with you, I think I will make this game also. Love to watch good baseball with well coached teams, LG now has one also. Want to see for myself if the umpire's have any affects on the outcome of this game, it seems there is always one side to the stories on here. I look for a pretty close game but if I had to pick I would have to go with Giddings, their top 5 or 6 hitters are pretty solid. Also does not matter how many good pitchers one team has it only takes one for a one game series and with my buddy calling pitches for Giddings, I will take Giddings.

trg
04-28-2009, 09:14 AM
Good luck to the Bulls on Friday. Bring your "A" game. I know ya'll will do great.

duckhunter
04-28-2009, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Well said, would have to agree with you, I think I will make this game also. Love to watch good baseball might as well since good baseball is hard to come by these days in la grange

hookandladder
04-28-2009, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by duckhunter
might as well since good baseball is hard to come by these days in la grange

First year coach in LG makes the playoffs in a pretty tough District, i would not say good baseball in LG is hard to come by. Sounds like someone got their feelings hurt in District. He has come in with no knowledge of what he had to work with and put us in the playoffs, now he has his system in place. I think we will now compete in the playoffs for years to come, we have only 2 seniors in the lineup this years and only one is a impact player. With the Schubert kid starting to pitch again and only being a junior, I think we will be OK.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-28-2009, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Want to see for myself if the umpire's have any affects on the outcome of this game, it seems there is always one side to the stories on here.

The game is in Weimer. One side?

hookandladder
04-29-2009, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
The game is in Weimer. One side?

Weimar has 2 sides,home and visitors.

K-MAC Chuck
04-29-2009, 07:34 AM

Do we know specifics on game time/site yet?

Bulligator
04-29-2009, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by K-MAC Chuck
Do we know specifics on game time/site yet?

Playoff game for seeding
Bellville vs Giddings

duckhunter
04-29-2009, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Bulligator
Playoff game for seeding
Bellville vs Giddings

:lies: looks like this showdown will have to wait

Bulligator
05-07-2009, 03:53 PM
The game is on again thanks to the UIL!

Weimar, May 8th, 7:00pm.

Antec
05-07-2009, 06:11 PM
Weimar had Babe Ruth World Series around 10 years ago and the fixed up the park

One of the best 2A parks in South Texas if not the state

Plenty of room in the stands behind the plate etc

Great atmosphere for a game like this

They couldn't have found a better place than Weimar

nette_mom
05-07-2009, 08:02 PM
GOOD LUCK TO THE BULLS! Let's have great pitching, superior defense and ignite those bats on offense.

buff4ever
05-07-2009, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by nette_mom
GOOD LUCK TO THE BULLS! Let's have great pitching, superior defense and ignite those bats on offense.

You almost sounded like buffgal in this one.:D

nette_mom
05-08-2009, 07:45 AM
Not even close!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
05-08-2009, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Antec
Weimar had Babe Ruth World Series around 10 years ago and the fixed up the park

One of the best 2A parks in South Texas if not the state

Plenty of room in the stands behind the plate etc

Great atmosphere for a game like this

They couldn't have found a better place than Weimar sounds like its going to be a good game. I'll be there!Do some Bellville updates :2thumbsup

good luck to both teams :)

Bull's-eye
05-08-2009, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
sounds like its going to be a good game. I'll be there!Do some Bellville updates :2thumbsup

Somebody from Bellville recruit this poster. :)

pirate4state
05-08-2009, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
sounds like its going to be a good game. I'll be there!Do some Bellville updates :2thumbsup

You're going? Cool. I expect a full scouting report. ;)

Make sure and say hi to FBB for me! LMAO