PDA

View Full Version : Sad Day at GM. (Pontiac)

Bullaholic
04-24-2009, 03:53 PM
It is going to be a sad day at GM when it announces the end of the Pontiac line.

I come from an automobile family---we have all been GM corporate managers on the wholesale side as well as dealers on the retail side, and I am greatly saddened by the decline of the grand old dame of the automobile world----GM---and especially the dropping of venerable product names such as Oldsmobile, and now, Pontiac. I come from a time when GM literally told the world what it would drive from year to year.

Alas, the world changes but sometimes not for the better, but for the necessary.... RIP Pontiac, we will never forget the GTO, the Firebird, and the Grand Prix...
http://money.cnn.com/2009/04/24/autos/pontiac_obit/index.htm?cnn=yes

44INAROW
04-24-2009, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
It is going to be a sad day at GM when it announces the end of the Pontiac line.

I come from an automobile family---we have all been GM corporate managers on the wholesale side as well as dealers on the retail side, and I am greatly saddened by the decline of the grand old dame of the automobile world----GM---and especially the dropping of venerable product names such as Oldsmobile, and now, Pontiac. I come from a time when GM literally told the world what it would drive from year to year.

Alas, the world changes but sometimes not for the better, but for the necessary.... RIP Pontiac, we will never forget the GTO, the Firebird, and the Grand Prix...
http://money.cnn.com/2009/04/24/autos/pontiac_obit/index.htm?cnn=yes

husband had a dark tourquoise/green GTO when we were dating.. Wow - the memories.. ............... then he got a 69 Cutlass Supreme SS - silver/blueish gray color.. Sure wish we had those cars again :(
Rest in peace GM :(

ironically, I've written/quoted 2 classic car policies recently - both for 79 Trans Ams.....................

waterboy
04-24-2009, 04:35 PM
:(
Does this mean you won't be able to get parts for an Olds or Pontiac. I know it'll probably be a few years, but this usually means parts are gonna get harder and harder to find. When that happens parts get expensive.

Ranger Mom
04-24-2009, 04:37 PM
I think one of the favorite cars I had was a Pontiac Grand Am.

SintonFan
04-25-2009, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
:(
Does this mean you won't be able to get parts for an Olds or Pontiac. I know it'll probably be a few years, but this usually means parts are gonna get harder and harder to find. When that happens parts get expensive.
Pontiac auto parts are pretty much the same as GM as far as engines and the power train. Trim and body parts are a different matter.:(