PDA

View Full Version : Hey Ranger Mom!

kepdawg
04-24-2009, 02:23 PM
I squished a frog in the driveway! You want to clean it up? Seems like you can do just about anything! Oh and in case it makes a difference the squished frog is still under my tire!

Ranger Mom
04-24-2009, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I squished a frog in the driveway! You want to clean it up? Seems like you can do just about anything! Oh and in case it makes a difference the squished frog is still under my tire!

What the heck??

Am I supposed to summon my "super mom" powers and move your car too??

kepdawg
04-24-2009, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
What the heck??

Am I supposed to summon my "super mom" powers and move your car too??

Well you seem to do everything else!

Ranger Mom
04-24-2009, 02:36 PM
Well you seem to do everything else!

I can't help that I was blessed with multi-talents!!

BTW...I got my waterfall done yesterday, if you saw anything on that thread!!

pirate4state
04-24-2009, 02:36 PM
I can't help that I was blessed with multi-talents!!

BTW...I got my waterfall done yesterday, if you saw anything on that thread!!

Where are the pictures?

kepdawg
04-24-2009, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Where are the pictures?

You sure you want to see a picture of a squished frog?

Ranger Mom
04-24-2009, 02:40 PM

That hit my funny bone for some reason, I laughed so hard I have tears!!:D

Ranger Mom
04-24-2009, 02:40 PM
Where are the pictures?

I haven't taken any....I am working on the flowerbed that is in front of the pond now.

pirate4state
04-24-2009, 02:46 PM

Sure, I've already seen something much more horrifying today! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

waterboy
04-24-2009, 02:47 PM
I haven't taken any....I am working on the flowerbed that is in front of the pond now.
Wow! You really are amazing, Mom! Working on the flowerbed and blogging on the Downlow at the same time, you must be really ambidextrous!:D

By the way, post pictures if you have 'em.......of the waterfall AND the squished frog!:D

Sweetwater Red
04-24-2009, 02:49 PM
Sure, I've already seen something much more horrifying today! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What is that?

pirate4state
04-24-2009, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
What is that?

I don't think you'd be interested, but I can send you the video if ya want! :D

kepdawg
04-24-2009, 02:52 PM
Does anybody know what the black thing sticking out of the frog is? :thinking:

waterboy
04-24-2009, 02:58 PM
Does anybody know what the black thing sticking out of the frog is? :thinking:
DON'T TOUCH IT!!!!

Oops! Too late.... :dispntd:

Sweetwater Red
04-24-2009, 02:59 PM
I don't think you'd be interested, but I can send you the video if ya want! :D

Now. I'm curious. It can't be any worse than wasting five
minutes of my life watching a chimpanzee on a segway.
Thanks kep!:mad:

Ranger Mom
04-24-2009, 03:03 PM

I don't know what's wrong with me....I can't quit laughing today!!!

For some reason, at the thought of that "horrifying" thing you saw today, "button, button, whose got the button" just came to my mind!!!

pirate4state
04-24-2009, 03:04 PM
Now. I'm curious. It can't be any worse than wasting five
minutes of my life watching a chimpanzee on a segway.
Thanks kep!:mad: It's just a little something I found amusing & horrifying all at the same time! :D Check PMs

pirate4state
04-24-2009, 03:05 PM
I don't know what's wrong with me....I can't quit laughing today!!!

For some reason, at the thought of that "horrifying" thing you saw today, "button, button, whose got the button" just came to my mind!!!

bahahahahahahaha ---- i told you.....peek-a-boo i can barely see you! :D

kepdawg
04-24-2009, 03:13 PM
PIC OF SQUISHED FROG BELOW

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/2639/frog002a.jpg

Ranger Mom
04-24-2009, 03:15 PM
:eek: :eek:

You squished the ______ right out of it!!

Sweetwater Red
04-24-2009, 03:16 PM
bahahahahahahaha ---- i told you.....peek-a-boo i can barely see you! :D

Hey maybe it was really cold that day.:thinking:

pirate4state
04-24-2009, 03:19 PM

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/2639/frog002a.jpg

hahahahahahahahahahahaha I think you should make this your new avatar :D

Ranger Mom
04-24-2009, 03:22 PM
Hey maybe it was really cold that day.:thinking:

Nope....did you see how everyone else was dresssed??

Face it....it is obviously one of his many shortcomings!!

pirate4state
04-24-2009, 03:26 PM

What I did notice is that everyone had their cameras and/or phones out taking pictures! LOL

waterboy
04-24-2009, 03:28 PM

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/2639/frog002a.jpg :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D

Dang, kep! You can back off the poor feller now! You really squished the poop out of him, didn't you?

RM, it's time for your pic now.

Sweetwater Red
04-24-2009, 03:33 PM

I just had a gross thought. Maybe he's one of those that is
"inbetween" surgeries.:speech:

Ranger Mom
04-24-2009, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
:eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D

Dang, kep! You can back off the poor feller now! You really squished the poop out of him, didn't you?

RM, it's time for your pic now.

I'm at work right now!

I will post pics after I get it cleaned up a little around there.

The waterfall isn't exactly what I had envisioned, but it's alright! My son took some river rock out of a pond on my patio and stacked it. To me, it looks like a jumbled pile of rocks, but he said it looks more natural, so I'm okay with it.

Still fighting my husband over the rocks vs. cement thing. We finally compromised and used rocks that are cemented in. :rolleyes:

So now FINALLY...I can start my flowerbed!!

Ranger Mom
04-24-2009, 03:34 PM
I just had a gross thought. Maybe he's one of those that is
"inbetween" surgeries.:speech:

I didn't realize they did those surgeries in "stages"....but I will take your word for it!!:devil:

Sweetwater Red
04-24-2009, 03:38 PM
I didn't realize they did those surgeries in "stages"....but I will take your word for it!!:devil:

Maybe to much Jerry Springer on my part.

kepdawg
04-24-2009, 03:41 PM
Okay I scraped the frog up. I should have taken another picture to show the expression on its face. It looked mad! Hopefully the rain will clean the spot up!

pirate4state
04-24-2009, 03:44 PM
Maybe to much Jerry Springer on my part.....and hey just so
everyone knows...I wear a size 18 shoe.:D HAHAHA

Wonder if that guy even has feet?!?! :devil:

Ranger Mom
04-24-2009, 03:45 PM
Here is a pic that my daughter in law sent me that she took last night.

Please excuse the dogs, the black one got thoroughly chastised by the blonde one for "getting fresh" about 5 seconds later!!:D

I'm still not real happy with the flow of the water off the rock, but the waterfall isn't set in stone (pardon the pun) so we will see what happens.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/kissakiki2.jpg

waterboy
04-24-2009, 03:52 PM
That's nice, RM. I would've terraced it a little so it didn't run straight down. I would've funnelled it a little with smaller stones, or burrowed out the stones a little to narrow the path, too, but hey, I've never done anything like that before, so what do I know?:D It looks nice. Are you gonna put in any fish in the little pond?

garciap77
04-24-2009, 03:54 PM
.................................................. .................................................. .............Please excuse the dogs, the black one got thoroughly chastised by the blonde one for "getting fresh" about 5 seconds later!!:D

.................................................. .................................................. ...................

What the ...............! :eek: :eek: :eek:

P.S. Nice waterfall!;)

kepdawg
04-24-2009, 03:56 PM
Here is a pic that my daughter in law sent me that she took last night.

Please excuse the dogs, the black one got thoroughly chastised by the blonde one for "getting fresh" about 5 seconds later!!:D

I'm still not real happy with the flow of the water off the rock, but the waterfall isn't set in stone (pardon the pun) so we will see what happens.

Is there a happy frog in the background?

Ranger Mom
04-24-2009, 04:07 PM
That's nice, RM. I would've terraced it a little so it didn't run straight down. I would've funnelled it a little with smaller stones, or burrowed out the stones a little to narrow the path, too, but hey, I've never done anything like that before, so what do I know?:D It looks nice. Are you gonna put in any fish in the little pond?

I would have loved to do something like that, but like I said in my initial post....I had limited room.

It's kinda hard to tell, but the greenery behind the waterfall, is RIGHT behind the rocks. I built all this into an existing flowerbed, so I had to work with what I had.

But...I also wanted at least one pond that just had a waterfall....we are in the process of building a private patio off of our bedroom and I want a pond like you described out there.

I haven't decided about fish yet, I don't know if it's deep enough....and I am already having a hard time keeping my granddaughter out of it.

Ranger Mom
04-24-2009, 04:09 PM
Is there a happy frog in the background?

Happy frog??

Does it look stupid? It is really an umbrella stand, so he is supposed to be holding the end of the umbrella and I put him out there without it....I figured I would rig up something for him to hold.....a fishing pole or something.

kepdawg
04-24-2009, 04:10 PM
Happy frog??

Does it look stupid? It is really an umbrella stand, so he is supposed to be holding the end of the umbrella and I put him out there without it....I figured I would rig up something for him to hold.....a fishing pole or something.

I do not think it looks stupid. It just looks extremely happy.

Ranger Mom
04-24-2009, 04:12 PM
Another thing....I had the "falls" a little more terraced to begin with and really liked how it looked, but I noticed I was losing water.

We discovered a lot of my water was running to the back of the rock and out of the pond....that was why we had to re-do it like we did.

waterboy
04-24-2009, 04:14 PM
Hey, I just noticed that frog!:eek: Where's that feller got his hands?:eek: Maybe that's why he's so happy as kep described.:D Just kidding, you can barely see him back there.

Ranger Mom
04-24-2009, 04:15 PM
Hey, I just noticed that frog!:eek: Where's that feller got his hands?:eek: Maybe that's why he's so happy as kep described.:D Just kidding, you can barely see him back there.

LOL!! I kept wondering if that was what kep was really getting at......but it is so out of character for him, I thought I was imagining things.

Waterboy, when I first looked at the frog after kep posted about him being "happy"....I thought the exact same thing!!!

kepdawg
04-24-2009, 04:17 PM
LOL!! I kept wondering if that was what kep was really getting at......but it is so out of character for him, I thought I was imagining things.

Waterboy, when I first looked at the frog after kep posted about him being "happy"....I thought the exact same thing!!!

All I saw was a happy frog as opposed to a squished frog!

waterboy
04-24-2009, 04:19 PM
Another thing....I had the "falls" a little more terraced to begin with and really liked how it looked, but I noticed I was losing water.

We discovered a lot of my water was running to the back of the rock and out of the pond....that was why we had to re-do it like we did.
I'm sorry, Mom, I wasn't being critical. It looks great. When you have more room, you can go with your original plan. It takes a lot of work to do something like that. I'd put in my yard any day. Only thing is, it would look kinda out of place out beside those old cars and the burn pile. :D

By the way, I was just kidding! I don't have any old cars in my back yard. :D

Ranger Mom
04-24-2009, 04:35 PM
I'm sorry, Mom, I wasn't being critical. It looks great. When you have more room, you can go with your original plan. It takes a lot of work to do something like that. I'd put in my yard any day. Only thing is, it would look kinda out of place out beside those old cars and the burn pile. :D

By the way, I was just kidding! I don't have any old cars in my back yard. :D

No need to apologize, I wasn't offended, I am not overly thrilled with the way it turned out, but I wanted to get going on my planting, so I can always go back and changed the waterfall later...in fact I am sure I will anyway. Besides the river rock up there, which came from an actual river....the other rock is just caliche rock that hubby brought home from the field.....I would eventually like some NICE rock!!:D