PDA

View Full Version : I deserve a raise!!

Ranger Mom
04-24-2009, 10:22 AM
I just added yet another item to my job description: Stitches removal

My boss had to have a skin cancer removed a couple of weeks from the top of her foot....she had it done in Lubbock and no one in Midland would take her stitches out...(is that common practice??)

Anyway, I told her I had taken stitches out of my dogs before....(it's ridiculous for her to drive all the way back to Lubbock, IMO) and if she trusted me enough, I would remove hers.

She does and I did!!

:D

ronwx5x
04-24-2009, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I just added yet another item to my job description: Stitches removal

My boss had to have a skin cancer removed a couple of weeks from the top of her foot....she had it done in Lubbock and no one in Midland would take her stitches out...(is that common practice??)

Anyway, I told her I had taken stitches out of my dogs before....(it's ridiculous for her to drive all the way back to Lubbock, IMO) and if she trusted me enough, I would remove hers.

She does and I did!!

:D

RM, get help! This relationship is very sick and requires investigation by OSHA.;)

SintonFan
04-24-2009, 10:40 AM
I'd be curious to see what your resume might look like now K.:D

waterboy
04-24-2009, 10:50 AM
I've always removed my own stitches......except the last time when I had a sebaceous cyst removed from my cheek. My aunt, who is a retired nurse of 48+ years, did it. I could've done it, but my wife said to let my auntie do it.:(

Ranger Mom
04-24-2009, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
I've always removed my own stitches......except the last time when I had a sebaceous cyst removed from my cheek. My aunt, who is a retired nurse of 48+ years, did it. I could've done it, but my wife said to let my auntie do it.:(

The only stitches I have ever had have been the kind that dissolve.

ronwx5x
04-24-2009, 10:54 AM

I'm the same way. No sense paying a co-pay for a thirty minute wait and five minutes with the nurse. It's been a while since I damaged myself so that must mean I'm slowing down or not taking as many chances.

waterboy
04-24-2009, 10:55 AM
The only stitches I have ever had have been the kind that dissolve.
The kind that dissolve on only internal, right? I've had those, too. :thinking: Come to think of it.........I've had more than my share of stitches.........for various reasons.

Bullaholic
04-24-2009, 10:56 AM
Do you shoe horses, pull teeth, and cut hair, too, RM? :D

Ranger Mom
04-24-2009, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
I'm the same way. No sense paying a co-pay for a thirty minute wait and five minutes with the nurse. It's been a while since I damaged myself so that must mean I'm slowing down or not taking as many chances.

My boss has a heart problem and because it's "pre-existing" she has a terrible time finding insurance.

Our sister office in Nebraska was able to get her on their insurance, but the closest Dr. that will accept her insurance is in Lubbock, so every time she has to see the Dr. that is where she has to go!!

waterboy
04-24-2009, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
I must've slowed down, too. Those were my first stitches in at least 15 years. It doesn't make sense to me to go to the doctor for stitch removal, either, for the reasons you mentioned.

Ranger Mom
04-24-2009, 11:00 AM
It doesn't make sense to me to go to the doctor for stitch removal, either, for the reasons you mentioned.

I agree 100%.....but you know how some people are...lol!!

I guarantee you that I am the first person to treat her "medically" that didn't have a license to do so! :D

BuffyMars
04-24-2009, 11:02 AM
i'd rather do that than to also have to file all of our division order/and lease papwerwork ON TOP OF MY OWNER RELATIONS/ROYALTY RELATIONS JOB!!!!!

oh and they have me filing AFE's, sundries, etc for regulatory.

i am about to die. and we have a salary and a hiring freeze. :(

i thought if i don't get help, then surely i'll get a raise. HELL NO! :mad:

ronwx5x
04-24-2009, 11:03 AM
I agree 100%.....but you know how some people are...lol!!

I guarantee you that I am the first person to treat her "medically" that didn't have a license to do so! :D

What's next RM, "mental" treatment? NM, you've probably already done that.

waterboy
04-24-2009, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
i'd rather do that than to also have to file all of our division order/and lease papwerwork ON TOP OF MY OWNER RELATIONS/ROYALTY RELATIONS JOB!!!!!

oh and they have me filing AFE's, sundries, etc for regulatory.

i am about to die. and we have a salary and a hiring freeze. :(

i thought if i don't get help, then surely i'll get a raise. HELL NO! :mad:
;) Have we had too much coffee this morning?:D

Sadly, though, I think everybody's feeling the ill effects of the economy to some degree..........some more than others.:(

Ranger Mom
04-24-2009, 11:19 AM

Sadly, though, I think everybody's feeling the ill effects of the economy to some degree..........some more than others.:(

knocking on wood!!

My husband and I have been very lucky so far.....we are both in the oil business and it has slowed WAY down.

waterboy
04-24-2009, 11:27 AM
knocking on wood!!

My husband and I have been very lucky so far.....we are both in the oil business and it has slowed WAY down.
I'm with ya there, Mom. My job is oilfield/industrial related and it has slowed down quite a bit. Fortunately, it hasn't been as bad for us as it has for some of the other businesses in town. We're right smack-dab in the middle of the oil patch here in Kilgore, too. My wife is a school teacher, so her job would keep us afloat for a while if something drastic were to happen,.......Thank God for that.

kepdawg
04-24-2009, 11:36 AM
You volunteered, so I vote - no raise!

Ranger Mom
04-24-2009, 11:39 AM
I'm with ya there, Mom. My job is oilfield/industrial related and it has slowed down quite a bit. Fortunately, it hasn't been as bad for us as it has for some of the other businesses in town. We're right smack-dab in the middle of the oil patch here in Kilgore, too. My wife is a school teacher, so her job would keep us afloat for a while if something drastic were to happen,.......Thank God for that.

My youngest son and my son-in-law both lost their jobs on a rig. Luckily, my son-in-laws previous employer (a plunger lift company) jumped at the opportunity to have him back. My youngest son is doing some work for a family member and being Mr. Mom while his wife works.

My oldest son and been fortunate and has hopped rigs several times but is still working. I told him that all his hard work and responsibility is paying off. He has been a driller for the past 2 years now and is now having to work floors, but he is the youngest Patterson employee in this area, by a good 20 years!!

My husband is a pumper, so if you are going to be in the oil business, the production side is the way to go!!

I work for a production/operating/consulting/pipeline company....so we usually have SOMETHING going on!!:D

Ranger Mom
04-24-2009, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
You volunteered, so I vote - no raise!

I deserve a raise anyway...just cause!!:tongue:

Had it been any other boss but her, I think I would have had to draw the line!!:D

kepdawg
04-24-2009, 11:44 AM
I deserve a raise anyway...just cause!!:tongue:

Had it been any other boss but her, I think I would have had to draw the line!!:D

Okay, I change my mind. Since you volunteered, I vote - raise!