PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft...

Bullaholic
04-23-2009, 02:50 PM
Interesting in this year's NFL draft that the first 3 picks may all be Texas QB's who played their HS football within 20 miles of each other. At least that is what I heard on the radio--I haven't verified it.

Sweetwater Red
04-23-2009, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Interesting in this year's NFL draft that the first 3 picks may all be Texas QB's who played their HS football within 20 miles of each other. At least that is what I heard on the radio--I haven't verified it.

Do you mean the first three QB's taken in the first or maybe early
second round?

Bullaholic
04-23-2009, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Do you mean the first three QB's taken in the first or maybe early
second round?

3 of the first 5 picks in the 1st round.

kepdawg
04-23-2009, 02:58 PM
Staff, Crab, and ? Ain't no way Jason Smith was a qb!

Sweetwater Red
04-23-2009, 02:58 PM
3 of the first 5 picks in the 1st round.

Nevermind. Damn I'm stupid.:doh:

Bullaholic
04-23-2009, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I hate to disagree with my Bridgeport friend. But I will anyway.:D

I honestly don't think there is a chance in Haiti that that is going
to happen.

About the only sure thing appears to be Stafford going to the
Lions.

So good to see a Sweetwater man use "Bridgeport" and "friend" in the same sentence...:D

Like I said--I was hearing this very hastily on ESPN and I think it was Randy Galloway and crew talking about this.

Sweetwater Red
04-23-2009, 03:03 PM
So good to see a Sweetwater man use "Bridgeport" and "friend" in the same sentence...:D

Like I said--I was hearing this very hastily on ESPN and I think it was Randy Galloway and crew talking about this.

You quoted me before I edited. I see what your saying now.

bandera7
04-23-2009, 03:24 PM
Who is the third though?

And I dont know how I feel about the Stafford pick anymore. I mean, if the Lions feel they will be terrible again next year (in all probability), they should take Curry. He is a great kid, and a good leader of a defense. Next years quarterback class could be the best one ever as well, with Bradford, McCoy, and Zac Robinson and then possibly a bunch of underclassmen like Clausen, Snead and Jake Locker. The Lions might be well served to hold out to next year and take the freakish Curry this year.

Bullaholic
04-23-2009, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
Who is the third though?

And I dont know how I feel about the Stafford pick anymore. I mean, if the Lions feel they will be terrible again next year (in all probability), they should take Curry. He is a great kid, and a good leader of a defense. Next years quarterback class could be the best one ever as well, with Bradford, McCoy, and Zac Robinson and then possibly a bunch of underclassmen like Clausen, Snead and Jake Locker. The Lions might be well served to hold out to next year and take the freakish Curry this year.

Stafford, Harrell, and Bomar?

bandera7
04-23-2009, 03:30 PM
No they said in the top 5 picks which means Crabtree, Stafford, and who? Remember crabtree was a high school quarterback

westcoast54
04-23-2009, 03:53 PM
Anyone heard when Darcel Mcbath might go? The only info I've gotten is that he's a solid third rounder. I think Steven McGee is going to be a steal. Give him a couple of years and he will be starting.

sahen
04-23-2009, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Staff, Crab, and ? Ain't no way Jason Smith was a qb!

haha Jason Smith wouldve been a hard guy to bring down i'd imagine...

WylieBulldog92
04-23-2009, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by sahen
haha Jason Smith wouldve been a hard guy to bring down i'd imagine...
He was a TE when he went to Baylor if I remember correctly, possible he could've been a QB in high school?

Maroon87
04-24-2009, 11:38 PM
Stafford has agreed to a $41.7 million deal with Detroit.

SintonFan_inAustin
04-24-2009, 11:40 PM
Dallas doesn't start picking til 52nd pick? Heard they'll looking at getting a safety with that pick that is 6'4".

mwynn05
04-25-2009, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Stafford has agreed to a $41.7 million deal with Detroit. no the contract is for like $75 mil....but he is guaranteed 41.7 of that 75

Maroon87
04-25-2009, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by mwynn05
no the contract is for like $75 mil....but he is guaranteed 41.7 of that 75

However you slice it, he's a Lion.

That's just crazy...he could hold a clipboard his entire career and his grandkids could be set.:eek:

mwynn05
04-25-2009, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
However you slice it, he's a Lion.

That's just crazy...he could hold a clipboard his entire career and his grandkids could be set.:eek: well he's from highland park so he already was....he could have a career ending injury on the second day of camp, NEVER take a snap and get 42 million

BobcatBenny
04-25-2009, 04:01 PM
And Crabtree slides past the Raiders.

BobcatBenny
04-25-2009, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
And Crabtree slides past the Raiders.
But stays in he Bay area.

bwdlionfan
04-25-2009, 04:37 PM
Orakpo goes to the Redskins *#$&#$*@&#$@

forum_guy
04-25-2009, 04:50 PM
man i thought the 49ers were going to pass on crabtree, thank you for getting him, now what about giving michael vick that 2nd chance? :thinking:

RMAC
04-25-2009, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by westcoast54
Anyone heard when Darcel Mcbath might go? The only info I've gotten is that he's a solid third rounder. I think Steven McGee is going to be a steal. Give him a couple of years and he will be starting.

You hit the nail on the head about McGee. Smart player who can take a beating. While it may hurt his career long term, you gotta love a QB that isn't afraid to get hit.

turbostud
04-25-2009, 07:47 PM
TT Safety/Gainesville's Darcel McBath to Denver.
16th pick in 2nd round.

LH Panther Mom
04-25-2009, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
now what about giving michael vick that 2nd chance? :thinking:
:doh: :doh: Did he get out of the pen yet?

Phil C
04-25-2009, 08:11 PM
The 49ers got a steal in getting Crabtree! He may not be the next Jerry Rice but he will sure be a great substitute indeed.

Phil C
04-25-2009, 08:47 PM
After that deal Stafford signed and Mike Sanches getting drafted early by the Jets I wonder if Oklahoma's Sam Bradford is killing himself. Some had him ranked higher than Stafford and he was higher than Sanchez who decided mainly to go when Bradford stayed at Oklahoma. There were several other Oklahoma players that some thought would be high draft picks. It may have cost them money if the NFL gets a salary cap on rookies next year. College football is great but Stafford is probably making enough to set his great grandchildren up.

XtremeCouture
04-25-2009, 08:50 PM
i guess dallas is interested in next year's number one pick considering they are coming off of a 9-7 season, cutting their best player, keeping their crappy coaches, etc etc etc.

Daddy D 11
04-25-2009, 09:00 PM
And then the Cowboys trade away their second round pick.

Good job:clap:

Jerry Jones is an idiot.

forum_guy
04-25-2009, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11

Jerry Jones is an idiot.

you didnt realize that when he traded the draft picks for roy williams? wait, most cowboys fans thought the picks were worth it which makes them the idiots :eek:

Daddy D 11
04-25-2009, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
you didnt realize that when he traded the draft picks for roy williams? wait, most cowboys fans thought the picks were worth it which makes them the idiots :eek:

Actually, I did realize that. Nice try though.

Txbroadcaster
04-25-2009, 11:51 PM

Jerry Jones is an idiot.

IF the players left on your board are not worth the pick, it is smarter to trade it for more picks.

Everyone they wanted like Unger were gone..So what did u want them to do? Reach? or pick a player where they have depth?

Better to trade down get more picks

XtremeCouture
04-26-2009, 12:00 AM
yeah more picks for more players they dont want instead of trading UP for a player they do want. lol nice try

Bull's-eye
04-26-2009, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by XtremeCouture
yeah more picks for more players they dont want instead of trading UP for a player they do want. lol nice try

Don't forget that some of the Cowboy's top players have been drafted in the later rounds. Witten (3rd), James (3rd), Barber (4th), Choice (4th), Scandrick (5th), Crayton (7th) & Ratliff (7th).

XtremeCouture
04-26-2009, 12:24 AM
i'm pretty sure they wanted william moore from missouri to replace roy williams and when he got picked right before it was dallas's turn ol' mr jerry shat himself and said well maybe we can get that usc fella next year

kepdawg
04-26-2009, 12:28 AM
i'm pretty sure they wanted william moore from missouri to replace roy williams and when he got picked right before it was dallas's turn ol' mr jerry shat himself and said well maybe we can get that usc fella next year

Moore was still on the board when the Cowboys would have picked.

Txbroadcaster
04-26-2009, 01:07 AM

if trading up takes more in value than the player they want, then you dont move up.

Electus Unus
04-26-2009, 02:14 AM
I think this is one of the worst drafts aside from the tight end position in the past 10 years.

Lion_Addict
04-26-2009, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Don't forget that some of the Cowboy's top players have been drafted in the later rounds. Witten (3rd), James (3rd), Barber (4th), Choice (4th), Scandrick (5th), Crayton (7th) & Ratliff (7th).

As well as many from the past "Good ole days"........but it still aggravates me when I see 'em take no action on the 1st day. Oh well, hopefully it will all work out.
Still say they haven't had a GREAT draft since Jimmy J. left. Just my opinion.

Emerson1
04-26-2009, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
After that deal Stafford signed and Mike Sanches getting drafted early by the Jets I wonder if Oklahoma's Sam Bradford is killing himself. Some had him ranked higher than Stafford and he was higher than Sanchez who decided mainly to go when Bradford stayed at Oklahoma. There were several other Oklahoma players that some thought would be high draft picks. It may have cost them money if the NFL gets a salary cap on rookies next year. College football is great but Stafford is probably making enough to set his great grandchildren up.
I think Stafford is probably making enough for about 10 generations of children to survive pretty well on.

JasperDog94
04-26-2009, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
if trading up takes more in value than the player they want, then you dont move up. Agreed. I have no problem with moving down and getting more picks.

Emerson1
04-26-2009, 10:29 AM
Dallas should do what I do in Madden.

Trade your 1st, 3rd, and 5th round picks for the #1 pick.

forum_guy
04-26-2009, 10:59 AM
the thing is with the cowboys, everyone in that division is getting better and they are staying right where they are, they will play like crap especially with that schedule, and i mean crap as in 8-8 and they will wish they wouldnt have traded those picks for someone who is not a #1 Wr, Roy Williams

sotex
04-26-2009, 11:17 AM
Cowboys pick McGee qb from A&M

I_Do_Care
04-26-2009, 11:17 AM
Stephen McGee just went to Dallas

CelinaCatFan
04-26-2009, 12:36 PM
Dallas is now following the same draft philosphy as when Jimmy Johnson was here (acquire as many picks as you can and at least some of them will work out).

This philosophy does not say much for the competency of Dallas' scouting department. If you do your homework and know what your doing, you don't need 13 picks to get a few players that will help the team.

As much as I do not like them, New England sure knows how to prepare for and get maximum value in the draft.

Phil C
04-26-2009, 07:32 PM
i guess dallas is interested in next year's number one pick considering they are coming off of a 9-7 season, cutting their best player, keeping their crappy coaches, etc etc etc.

I agree Xtreme. What was strange is they fired that defensive coach and he was the one whose players did the best production. Strange indeed.

Phil C
04-26-2009, 07:33 PM

Jerry Jones is an idiot.

They keep trading away their future. :(

Phil C
04-26-2009, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I think Stafford is probably making enough for about 10 generations of children to survive pretty well on.

I'm sure you are right Emerson. And I"m wondering if Tebow didn't blunder too as far as money is concerned. He was rated close to Sanchez but chose to stay at Florida and now Sanches is the No. 5 pick. Tebow may have made a big blunder as far as moeny is concerned too. Mr. Sanchez's choice to go pro may have been correct indeed in spite of what Pete Carroll said.

Txbroadcaster
04-27-2009, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I agree Xtreme. What was strange is they fired that defensive coach and he was the one whose players did the best production. Strange indeed.

please oh please tell me this is a joke

JasperDog94
04-27-2009, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
please oh please tell me this is a joke You know Phil.;)