PDA

View Full Version : Spurs @ Mavs- Games 3&4

Bullaholic
04-23-2009, 10:28 AM
Can the Mavs rebound from the embarrassing Gm. 2 loss to the Spurs and take at least 1 of 2 at home? Have the Mavs found an answer for Tony Parker?

I would like to see the Mavs win both and go 3-1 in the series, but I think a 1-1 split is likely. Go Mavs....

Electus Unus
04-23-2009, 10:31 AM
Its 2009 so spurs will win it all.

eagles_victory
04-23-2009, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
Its 2009 so spurs will win it all. NWIH that happens

SintonFan
04-23-2009, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
Its 2009 so spurs will win it all.
I wish this to be true!:(
But highly unlikely...

SintonFan
04-23-2009, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Can the Mavs rebound from the embarrassing Gm. 2 loss to the Spurs and take at least 1 of 2 at home? Have the Mavs found an answer for Tony Parker?

I would like to see the Mavs win both and go 3-1 in the series, but I think a 1-1 split is likely. Go Mavs....
Has the media in Dallas made a big thing about Dampier's comments on flooring Tony Parker? The league looks like they be watching this game closer than normal for flagrant fouls.
Tony needs more help if SA is gonna win this series or even one in Dallas.
How is Dirk's thumb? Is he reported to be OK?

waterboy
04-23-2009, 11:14 AM
I read about Dampier's comments in the paper this morning. It seems the media made a big deal out of it, but the statement was made in the heat of the moment. What Eric meant by the statement, according to him, was that Tony Parker was killing them with all the layups, and if he had to foul him to stop the easy baskets, that's what he would do. His statement was just a wee bit nastier than he intended.:D Remember, now, these were comments from a player that has been called for a flagrant foul only twice in all the years he's been in Dallas, so he is definitely not known to be a dirty player. I do think the referees will be looking especially close at Dampier after this, though, and that's exactly what the Spurs wanted. Now, if we REALLY want to look at dirty players.........:p

kaorder1999
04-23-2009, 11:17 AM
I hope its a good one tonight...i will be there!

Bullaholic
04-23-2009, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Has the media in Dallas made a big thing about Dampier's comments on flooring Tony Parker? The league looks like they be watching this game closer than normal for flagrant fouls.
Tony needs more help if SA is gonna win this series or even one in Dallas.
How is Dirk's thumb? Is he reported to be OK?

Damp has had to do a lot of explaining about his Parker comments in interviews. Hard fouls used to be an accepted way of NBA life in the old days---now you get investigated and possibly fined by the league. I don't advocate any action by a player with deliberate intent to injure another player, but I do see a "hard foul" as a defensive option against a very fast, aggressive player like Tony Parker.

Don't know about Dirk's thumb. I think it was somewhere out of sight the last game....:D

waterboy
04-23-2009, 11:24 AM
I think the Mavs will win tonight. Game 4.....I don't know, but we'll see. If I had to guess now, I'd say the Mavs will win both in Dallas, but who knows what will happen when these two teams meet? How this series will go is anybody's guess, and that's what makes it interesting to me.......that, and I'm mostly a fan of the Mavs, but I'm a fan of the Spurs otherwise.

3afan
04-23-2009, 11:32 AM
I have tix to both of these games .... me & the Mrs. going tonight

SintonFan
04-23-2009, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Damp has had to do a lot of explaining about his Parker comments in interviews. Hard fouls used to be an accepted way of NBA life in the old days---now you get investigated and possibly fined by the league. I don't advocate any action by a player with deliberate intent to injure another player, but I do see a "hard foul" as a defensive option against a very fast, aggressive player like Tony Parker.

Don't know about Dirk's thumb. I think it was somewhere out of sight the last game....:D
Tony has been given the "green light" this year because of all the injuries the Spurs have had to deal with. That's why you see him more aggressive. The coaching staff realizes Tony is their path to success, but I think that will only get you so far in the playoffs.:(
Good luck Spurs!:)

Bull's-eye
04-23-2009, 12:18 PM
I hope Joey Crawford is not one of the officials, he was horrible in the last Houston/Portland game. I know he has had problems with Tim Duncan, but his officiating on tuesday was hard to watch. He was calling the game so tight, that both teams had a hard time adjusting. Usually in the playoffs, they let the players play. He also had several bad calls that were proven wrong by the replay and had to be over-ruled on a charging call where the defender was in the semi-circle.

Bull's-eye
04-23-2009, 12:23 PM
I think Dampier was trying make a statement, but really didn't mean he would put Tony on the floor. He might be trying to get in Parker's head or fire up his teammates. The Dallas guards will have to do a better job of keeping Parker from getting in the lane. I see Dallas taking game 3, but SA knows they can regain HCA with a split. Don't forget, Dallas has a very good home record.

Bull's-eye
04-23-2009, 09:15 PM
Mavs blowing out the Spurs 75-42 after 3 quarters of play.

SintonFan
04-23-2009, 09:18 PM
Dang...:(

Maroon87
04-23-2009, 09:25 PM
Well the good thing is it only counts as 1 in the loss column.

SintonFan
04-23-2009, 09:26 PM
I know...

Bull's-eye
04-23-2009, 10:41 PM
Pops took out his starters early in the 3rd quarter and basically started getting ready for game 4. I think Saturday will be a much closer game, with Dallas coming out on top.

bandera7
04-24-2009, 12:52 AM
Well. Tonight was embarrassing as a spurs fan. Hope Game 4 goes alot better.

WylieBulldog92
04-24-2009, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by bandera7
:(

Farmersfan
04-24-2009, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by bandera7

Much like game 2 was embarrassing to Mavs fans. It's only 1 game and i'm sure the Spurs will adjust.

piratebg
04-24-2009, 08:57 AM
I couldn't find this game on tv last night. Did it even air?

SintonFan
04-24-2009, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
It was on NBA TV. I didn't see it either.

44INAROW
04-24-2009, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
it aired on KensTV (Channel 5) in the San Antonio viewing area - prempted Survivor :eek:

waterboy
04-24-2009, 10:53 AM
I watched in on MYTX out of Longview/Tyler. I think they get their feed from TXA21 in Dallas.

Bullaholic
04-24-2009, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
I watched in on MYTX out of Longview/Tyler. I think they get their feed from TXA21 in Dallas.

The game was on Ch. 21 in the DFW area.

3afan
04-24-2009, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
I have tix to both of these games .... me & the Mrs. going tonight

now that was fun last night!

waterboy
04-24-2009, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
now that was fun last night!
I bet it was! American Airlines Arena was rocking last night! That's the loudest I think I've heard it! There was a definite electricity in the air, and you could feel it even while watching it on the boob tube. I'd like to see it rock that way every game.

eagles_victory
04-24-2009, 11:35 AM
I bet it was! American Airlines Arena was rocking last night! That's the loudest I think I've heard it! The Heat dont play the Hawks at home until Saturday night :confused:

Maroon87
04-24-2009, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
The Heat dont play the Hawks at home until Saturday night :confused:

He's obviously not a ManiAAC...;)

waterboy
04-24-2009, 12:24 PM
I bet it was! American Airlines Center was rocking last night! That's the loudest I think I've heard it! There was a definite electricity in the air, and you could feel it even while watching it on the boob tube. I'd like to see it rock that way every game.

waterboy
04-24-2009, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
The Heat dont play the Hawks at home until Saturday night :confused:
:rolleyes: Excuse me, smart aleck. I've since changed it. Just a little faux paux. There shouldn't be two with names so close.:doh: Never been to a game there......or there, but have thought about it at the first there. I'm pretty sure even you can figure out which there I'm talking about.;)