PDA

View Full Version : Best Inner Big City Team?

Bullaholic
04-22-2009, 05:18 PM
What do you think is the most successfull all-classes HS athletic program among inner big city proper, not metro-area, teams over the last 10 years? This would include Dallas, Ft. Worth, Houston, Austin, and San Antonio.

I_Do_Care
04-22-2009, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Most successfull city as a whole would have to be San Antone. They've had several teams in the state finals and a few state championships. But, it's not just one school. If I had to go with just one school, Id rank like this(this overall, not just recent success):
1. Dallas Carter
2. Houston Yates
3. San Antonio Roosevelt
4. Dallas Lincoln
5. Houston Madison
6. San Antonio Madison
7. Dallas Skyline
8. Dallas Kimball
9. San Antonio MacArthur
10. San Antonio Taft

Ft Worth and Austin have the occasional competitive team, but not enough consisitent success to be rated.

Is Converse Judson considered inner city team? Schertz Clemens?

GrTigers6
04-22-2009, 09:04 PM
Apparently if your building an innercity school, Just name it Madison or Roosevelt or Jefferson and you should be succesful
:D :thinking: :clap:

GrTigers6
04-22-2009, 09:12 PM
I didn't put a Jefferson on there. I dont know of any successfull Jeffersons in Texas, other than Jefferson,Texas. There are 2 Madisons on there, though. I was thinking judson so scratch that one :doh:
I was also thinking about Dallas Madison And Dallas Roosevelt who are always in the mix

GrTigers6
04-22-2009, 09:34 PM
Madison and Jefferson of DISD are relative newcomers to the "mix" in football. While Jefferson sometimes made the playoffs as a 4a team in an all DISD district, they were never more than first round fodder. Madison was a consistant 307 team in 4a, and both haven't made much noise in 3a, other than a season or two. Well I've only been in the area since 2001. so i only know there resent success. They always seemed to be the bi district team to beat for us. when we are in region 2

I. B. Watching
04-22-2009, 09:36 PM
I would throw Houston Yates in there somewhere

NastySlot
04-22-2009, 10:28 PM
Nope. Converse is its own city and school district, as is Schertz. Inner City means just that, inside the city(ie Dallas, San Antone, FW, Houston, Austin).

San Antonio is a strange situation .......those schools you named don't belong to SAISD....they are either Northside or Northeast ISD........which were rural areas at one time.............they are districts that if you look at economics and demographics would be very simular to Garland Richardson or CFB......just that they are within the city limits of SA............Saying Madison or Mac is inner city is like saying Dallas Lake Highlands is inner city.

Marshall H.S school is the old Northside High School........MacArthur is the old Northeast High School........if you are fimilar with San Antonio.....those areas were once like...present-day..........Southwest ISD or East Central............and Judson ISD takes in part of San Antonio......borders Roosevelt and Madison.

Now true SAISD and Edgewood ISD schools would be more like DISD schools.

Having grown up in the Rowlett/Rockwall area...and now living in the SA area.........Madison is very simular to Garland High, Roosevelt is like Lakeview and MacArthur like S.Garland

TarponFanInNorthTexas
04-23-2009, 08:20 AM
Houston Lamar should be somewhere on that list. They are inside the 610 Loop. LOL

kaorder1999
04-23-2009, 09:55 AM
Madison and Jefferson of DISD are relative newcomers to the "mix" in football. While Jefferson sometimes made the playoffs as a 4a team in an all DISD district, they were never more than first round fodder. Madison was a consistant 307 team in 4a, and both haven't made much noise in 3a, other than a season or two.

Jefferson is still in 4A and still pretty bad!

kaorder1999
04-23-2009, 10:02 AM
You're right. I was thinking of Roosevelt. Yeah, Jefferson is god-awfull and has been for a long time.

ya...Roosevelt is a bit better! at least they were with McNeil

Matthew328
04-23-2009, 07:49 PM
Roosevelt was a salty 4A team in the late 1980s.....San Antonio school districts give me tired head

Txbroadcaster
04-23-2009, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
Saying Madison or Mac is inner city is like saying Dallas Lake Highlands is inner city.

LH is now getting REAL close to be more of an inner city team than you think

HEMOTOXIC
04-24-2009, 05:10 PM
Houston Wheatley- obviously for their basketball championships in the past and the ability to compete every year for a legitimate chance to go to Austin.