PDA

View Full Version : Differnces In Girl's and Boy's Athletic Competition

Bullaholic
04-22-2009, 03:18 PM
Over the years I have made some personal observations regarding girl's and boy's athletic competition:

Girls and parents tend to cheer for every team member equally.

Girls seem to compete harder for the duration of a play---they never give up as a team.

Girls don't seem to get down and quit as easily as boys.

Girls don't seem to have large egos.

Girls rarely get into physical altercations after a play.

Girls are not overt with cheap shots.

Girls rarely get into confrontations with their coach during a game.

Girls keep the profanity where it can't be heard, or don't use it at all.

Girls forgive and go on to the next play easier.

Are my observations fact or fiction? BTW--I have the greatest admiration for our boy's teams and try not to discriminate, but I will admit that I have never supported the girls to the degree that I have the boys, especially the football team, but I have been vewry impressed by the rise in the quality of our girl's athletic teams.

jason
04-22-2009, 03:19 PM
most girls sports are slower paced and boring...

kepdawg
04-22-2009, 03:23 PM
Fact or fiction? I'd go with fiction. Girls are dirty.

Matthew328
04-22-2009, 03:26 PM
All of its true but it doesn't take away from the fact in most cases I'd rather watch grass grow than watch a girls game

venomous tat2
04-22-2009, 03:30 PM
Girls don't have testosterone lol ,and they don't forgive that easy
but they are alittle smarter in decission making so they don't fly off the handle often unless you make them Mad , then you better watch your back Lol :D

pirate4state
04-22-2009, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Over the years I have made some personal observations regarding girl's and boy's athletic competition:

Girls and parents tend to cheer for every team member equally.

Girls seem to compete harder for the duration of a play---they never give up as a team.

Girls don't seem to get down and quit as easily as boys.

Girls don't seem to have large egos.

Girls rarely get into physical altercations after a play.

Girls are not overt with cheap shots.

Girls rarely get into confrontations with their coach during a game.

Girls keep the profanity where it can't be heard, or don't use it at all.

Girls forgive and go on to the next play easier.

Are my observations fact or fiction? BTW--I have the greatest admiration for our boy's teams and try not to discriminate, but I will admit that I have never supported the girls to the degree that I have the boys, especially the football team, but I have been vewry impressed by the rise in the quality of our girl's athletic teams.

I don't think you've been watching enough girl's play! :eek:

They can be just as aggressive, foul mouthed and cocky as boys! :)

You will also have to deal with drama, drama and oh, more drama! :D

Keith7
04-22-2009, 03:34 PM
I vote this thread as being sexist

SintonFan_inAustin
04-22-2009, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

You will also have to deal with drama, drama and oh, more drama! :D +1 and i've only seen a few games over the years.

Bullaholic
04-22-2009, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Keith7

How would a virgin know, Eagle Boy? :D

garciap77
04-22-2009, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Fact or fiction? I'd go with fiction. Girls are dirty.

I like Football!:D

Bullaholic
04-22-2009, 03:44 PM
It's going to be interesting to see some of the girls coach's opinions. Perhaps the girls do most of the same things as the boys, but just express themselves a lot more subtley.

sahen
04-22-2009, 03:57 PM
Depends on the league and girls...if your talking about little league and church league stuff then sure, half the girls dont even care anyway...once you get up to cull out the girls that dotn care and are playing high school level or on select teams then the girls can be just as dirty if not dirtier than guys...from dealing w/ my sister's teams growing up they probably broke every little observation mentioned on a weekly basis and they acted like every other team i saw them play...honestly, all those softball teams at state/regional/national tourney played dirtier than any team i have ever been on...as far as girls "forgive and go on to the next play easier" ??? what planet are you on? there was drama on every girl's team that i had been around and most of the time it was from stuff that happened SEASONS ago...i remember them not inviting certain players to play w/ them even if they absolutely needed the position just cause of somethign the girl said years back to one of them...

LionKing
04-22-2009, 04:03 PM
Having had a girl and a boy go thru athletics, the girls are much, much more slower paced, more drama, jealousy is pretty prevalent, even though they may not show it, just when you get a girl athlete where you think she'll shine, she ends up pregnant.
However; girls do listen better than boys, and seem more attentative to the coaches, and their emotions are usually higher than boys.
I enjoy watching both, football rules for me, but I don't mind watching a good girls volleyball game if there's no football.

garciap77
04-22-2009, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by LionKing
.................................................. ..........., just when you get a girl athlete where you think she'll shine, she ends up pregnant.
.................................................. ............................................

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I. B. Watching
04-22-2009, 05:50 PM
I have noticed that girls parents tend to be more protective of their kids and less tolerant of tough coaching. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I'm saying that's something I have seen, and since I have raised both boys and girls ...

PutMeInCoach
04-22-2009, 06:25 PM
I'd much rather watch a softball game over a baseball game. Softball is much faster paced.

Trashman
04-22-2009, 06:39 PM
Having rased 3 daughters with 2 yet to go; I am an expert on all things female. I can sum up the female with these few words "Hell hath no fury". That is all.

GrTigers6
04-22-2009, 06:56 PM
Having raised a girl and two boys. I noticed that Girls dont show there nerves as much. they just seem to show up and play. but if there is drama then look out :D
Boys seem to worry a little more about how they will play.

girls are definetly more vocal in softball than a boys baseball team.:clap:

LH Panther Mom
04-22-2009, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

You will also have to deal with drama, drama and oh, more drama! :D :foul: :foul: :foul: I was gonna say that! :D

LH Panther Mom
04-22-2009, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Let's see. Boys and girls are two different sexes. They're not physically built remotely the same. Their physical capabilities are totally different. You're absolutely right! :p

The minute one of my boys starts throwing like a girl, he's going to have to take lessons.

PutMeInCoach
04-22-2009, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

The minute one of my boys starts throwing like a girl, he's going to have to take lessons.

I know a great female coach if you ever need that number :devil: :p :clap:

LH Panther Mom
04-22-2009, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by PutMeInCoach
I know a great female coach if you ever need that number :devil: :p :clap:
HAHAHAH! :D When one was about 5 or 6 playing t-ball, he got so mad one day and told me he didn't think one of the other kids was very good. I asked him why and he said "She throws like a girl!". :doh: :D

BigGulpsHuh?
04-23-2009, 08:34 AM
I've coached both boys and girls athletics. I've seen some girls hold grudges like non-other. I've also seen girls throw others to the ground after a basketball fowl. I also think that girls, as a whole, are better to deal with regarding ego's.