PDA

View Full Version : 18 - 3A

trench_digger_04
07-07-2003, 11:40 AM
I understand that 18-3A football isnt exactly a hot topic, but I am just trying to find out what everyone thinks about this district for this year. Let me hear it!

Aim_High
07-07-2003, 11:49 AM
Marlin is the outright favorite, with Caldwell and Cameron looking quite even on paper. Rockdale should finish fourth followed closely by Lorena and Troy way behind in sixth.

cunbed10
07-07-2003, 02:07 PM
Every since I can remember 18-3A was competitive, you never knew if Marlin, Cameron, or Rockdale would win district, but this year, it's Marlin hands down, so this is a not a hot district race like in the past, but I do expect the Yoe to put so scheme to slow the powerful, and explosive Marlin attack down.

cunbed10
07-07-2003, 02:11 PM
Every since I can remember 18-3A was competitive, you never knew if Marlin, Cameron, or Rockdale would win district, but this year, it's Marlin hands down, so this is a not a hot district race like in the past, but I do expect the Yoe to put so scheme to slow the powerful, and explosive Marlin attack down.

marlin fan
07-07-2003, 02:41 PM
cunbed10:
Every since I can remember 18-3A was competitive, you never knew if Marlin, Cameron, or Rockdale would win district, but this year, it's Marlin hands down, so this is a not a hot district race like in the past, but I do expect the Yoe to put so scheme to slow the powerful, and explosive Marlin attack down.I agree

CtownDiva06
07-07-2003, 05:26 PM
The last time we were pretty good was when we had jason carter but ever since he went a&m we haven't been the same but I'm thinkin that this year Caldwell will rise so watch out Marlin..and cameron.......

CHS 06'

CHS_CG
07-07-2003, 09:54 PM
I agree with Ctowndiva06, Caldwell has some great players this year. Hopefully we will step up to Marlin and Cameron and shock everyone this year! GO HORNETS!

football
07-07-2003, 10:01 PM
just bring it GO YOE

Aim_High
07-07-2003, 10:42 PM
I think the only thing that kept Caldwell out of the playoffs in 2002 was losing momentum vs. Cameron in the second half when they lost the lead and the team seemed to throw in the towel - which was a shame. The hardest part about the Swarm's season is playing Cameron, Marlin and Rockdale in that order after a weak non-district schedule. If the burnt orange plays with more heart and intensity this year, the region could be in for a shocking revelation. I've heard we've got some awfully quick backs returning who are used to winning now from strong sub-varsity squads. Cobia has slowly built a solid program from seventh grade up and those guys are now sophomores and not used to winning fewer than seven games. Winning is contagious - just ask the Daingerfields and Newtons of the world. I almost don't want Cameron or Marlin to know what they're up against this year but it won't be a secret much longer - Caldwell is baaaaaaaaack.

theyoefnshow
07-08-2003, 12:00 AM
I'd love to see Caldwell make it to playoffs but that means that they'd have to take down Rockdale as Marlin & Cameron are pretty much set for 2nd and 3rd place. Then again, Lorena suprises every now and then as well so you never know what's going ot happen......

marlin fan
07-08-2003, 12:15 AM
I think it's going to be like this

Marlin
Rockdale
Cameron
Caldwell
Troy

<small>[ July 08, 2003, 12:16 AM: Message edited by: marlin fan ]</small>

Aim_High
07-08-2003, 07:38 AM
Marlin, I think you're smoking somethin' funny

CHS_CG
07-08-2003, 04:09 PM
Hey Marlin fan, thats some nice picks there but I see it like this:

Marlin
Cameron
Caldwell
Rockdale
Troy

I believe we have what it takes to beat Rockdale this year! Caldwell always plays with the heart and mind it takes. Watch out for the Swarm this year! GO HORNETS. oh and TheYoe: We will bring it!

Cameronbystander
07-09-2003, 08:49 AM
In the current district allignment, Cameron will be hoping Caldwell wins every game but one (against Cameron). We WANT Caldwell to make the playoffs. It is the only way that Cameron can go DII if (when) we go into the postseason.

Aim_High
07-09-2003, 11:49 AM
Caldwell's only real challenge should be Marlin, so watch out Yoe

CtownDiva06
07-09-2003, 04:51 PM
OMG.....not only is Caldwell gonna do really good in football this year.....we are gonna kick some major butt in softball too........I definately think our upcoming junior Freddy Williams will start off this football season with a bang......so good luck Hornets.......oh yah and to all my Cameron Buds...............

CHS 06'

Tiger_03
07-09-2003, 10:39 PM
I see it like this

1. Marlin (Will win it easy.)
2. Cameron/Rockdale (This game will decide 2nd and 3rd, it is in Cameron this year, rockdale has not won it in 7 or 8 years now atleast.)
4. Caldwell (Maybe there not overated but I think they are.)
5. Lorena
6. Troy

theyoefnshow
07-09-2003, 11:10 PM
you know I'd love for to all of a sudden be a competitive district. For so long Lorena was competitive. Hell.....4 years ago they were and now they are our automatic 5th place team. Same for Troy. I don't remember them having a winning season in recent memory but damnit. I just wish there could be some suprises. Maybe I'm starting to feel bad for the little guys but I'm one of those who would rather have a nail biter every week than a track meet. If Caldwell is as good as they are being hyped up to be and Lorena and Troy put forth some effort, this could be the sleeper district in 3A! 2 teams, Marlin & Cameron are proven contenders while Rockdale and Lorena have their own tradition. Hell, both are state champions! Caldwell should return to prominence and I know the kids at troy have to be tired of breaking even or having losing seasons! Prime example? Look at 17 3As West last year. Who the hell would have expected that?

Aim_High
07-10-2003, 07:46 AM
Beating Cameron in Cameron with Temple chapter officials is like pointless even though I respect Cameron's tradition and annual efforts. Rockdale is constantly bashing Caldwell (why, pray tell, I don't know as we're the only school that gives them the time of day) and Marlin has built a better program which is bound to fizzle eventually. Again, from what I'm hearing the Hornets are on a mission and only time will tell if they put their money where their mouth is. Sting em!

Tiger_03
07-10-2003, 08:31 PM
Your right time will tell.

CHS_CG
07-10-2003, 11:43 PM
I am glad so see SOME people believe in the hornets this year! I see this year being a great year for all of our sports! With Freddy Williams and Harlan Parker(too name a few) comin back we are sure to have a Great football team! Just dont overlook us!
GO HORNETS!