PDA

View Full Version : Bwood @Swater tonight

STANG RED
04-21-2009, 11:18 AM
Does anyone know if the Lion's big stud pitcher is pitching tonight? If so, I have no illusions about another big upset by the Mustangs, but I'd love to see the kid pitch.

The Mustangs are very young, but our new (real) baseball coach has them coming around and playing much better ball of late. I think we'll actually compete well in the future. I think we have 3 sophs starting, and only 3 seniors, so now with a good coach finally, our baseball program is finally looking up. I also hear Slaughter is at every game, and shows huge support.

Red&White_9x5
04-21-2009, 11:28 AM
Are you claiming that the Mustangs didn't have a real coach before this year?

BwdLion_80
04-21-2009, 11:52 AM
It is doubtful that he will pitch tonight since he threw 4 of the 5 innings on Saturday against Graham. I think he is scheduled for this Friday at home against Snyder.

Sweetwater Red
04-21-2009, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Red&White_9x5
Are you claiming that the Mustangs didn't have a real coach before this year?
Some coaches are given tasks out of neccesity and not for their
knowledge of the sport.

Our new coach knows baseball.

Red&White_9x5
04-21-2009, 01:11 PM
well the guy that left before this year started also knew baseball, and has had success in his career. You can't make chicken salad....... The fact is that the baseball talent in Sweetwater has not been as strong the last two or three years. Since Carillo and that bunch left the talent level has dropped. I do wish the new coach the best of luck and wish nothing but the best for the Mustangs in the future

STANG RED
04-21-2009, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Red&White_9x5
well the guy that left before this year started also knew baseball, and has had success in his career. You can't make chicken salad....... The fact is that the baseball talent in Sweetwater has not been as strong the last two or three years. Since Carillo and that bunch left the talent level has dropped. I do wish the new coach the best of luck and wish nothing but the best for the Mustangs in the future

You may be right, I dont know for sure. But the fact is, there is plenty of talent to be very competative every year. The problem is, the whole program just never got the backing and support as has been needed. It is finally getting what it needs from the AD down now, so more kids will be coming out for it, and the fans will be much more supportive as the program turns around. Like it or not, thats just the way it is.

95mustang
04-21-2009, 04:20 PM
McShan and Brown are the pitchers for tonights game in Sweetwater.

Lion
04-21-2009, 10:18 PM
Lions no-hit Sweetwater tonight. 11 - 0
Combo between Brown and Parrish..

95mustang
04-22-2009, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Lion
Lions no-hit Sweetwater tonight. 11 - 0
Combo between Brown and Parrish..

Congratulations LIONS. It seems our entire pitching roster is rolling right now. Keep it up men!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!