PDA

View Full Version : Be Politically Correct!

Phil C
04-21-2009, 08:39 AM
It probably cost Miss California the USA crown. See link below.

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/perez-hilton-the-way-miss-california-answered-her-question-lost-her-the-crown/21528?nc

Personally I saw nothing wrong with her answer and she just stated an opinion after given recognition to everyone's right. Very classless that she was booed and not given the crown but that is my opinion but it goes to show:

BE POLITICALLY CORRECT!

And get lost Miss USA pagent. ;)

Phil C
04-21-2009, 08:58 AM
At all times though you must

BE POLITICALLY CORRECT!!

:mad:

JasperDog94
04-21-2009, 08:59 AM
Good for her for standing up for what she believes in.

waterboy
04-21-2009, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Good for her for standing up for what she believes in.
I agree. It's really sad when you get chastized for believing in something that has been instilled in our belief system for hundreds of generations. I guess all those generations were wrong, and these bleeding-heart liberals today are right.........WRONG! It's one thing to believe in freedom of choice, but another to state YOUR choice if it's contrary to one side or the other,............talk about a double standard! If that's the case, they shouldn't have ever had a question that would require stating her choice. I guess she would've won it had she been pro-gay marriage. These are sad times indeed! I have personally boycotted these pageant scams, and all those other programs that send these errant messages to our youth. I hope people who have these sames beliefs will, too.

Txbroadcaster
04-21-2009, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
I agree. It's really sad when you get chastized for believing in something that has been instilled in our belief system for hundreds of generations. I guess all those generations were wrong, and these bleeding-heart liberals today are right.........WRONG! It's one thing to believe in freedom of choice, but another to state YOUR choice if it's contrary to one side or the other,............talk about a double standard! If that's the case, they shouldn't have ever had a question that would require stating her choice. I guess she would've won it had she been pro-gay marriage. These are sad times indeed! I have personally boycotted these pageant scams, and all those other programs that send these errant messages to our youth. I hope people who have these sames beliefs will, too.

I agree with alot of what ur saying except the first part..ALOT of things instilled in our belief system for generations upon generations were wrong, just because it has been one line of thought for centruies does not make it right.

JasperDog94
04-21-2009, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I agree with alot of what ur saying except the first part..ALOT of things instilled in our belief system for generations upon generations were wrong, just because it has been one line of thought for centruies does not make it right. While somewhat true the belief that homosexuality is wrong is Biblically based. I know she didn't say her opinion was based on her faith, but for many of us it is. Whether modern culture wants to accept homosexuality or not (or any other issue for that matter) if is against my faith I will continue to speak out against it.

This is not meant to be hateful. We have got to come to a point in our society when we can have honest disagreement without labeling someone a bigot or a hate monger. Unfortunately some people's "tolerance" ends when your opinion differs from theirs.

BobcatBenny
04-21-2009, 10:14 AM
I agree with alot of what ur saying except the first part..ALOT of things instilled in our belief system for generations upon generations were wrong, just because it has been one line of thought for centruies does not make it right.
You could not be more correct.

The standard of Truth has been standing from the beginning and does not change. What man thinks, has absolutely no effect on Truth.

Txbroadcaster
04-21-2009, 10:16 AM
While somewhat true the belief that homosexuality is wrong is Biblically based. I know she didn't say her opinion was based on her faith, but for many of us it is. Whether modern culture wants to accept homosexuality or not (or any other issue for that matter) if is against my faith I will continue to speak out against it.

This is not meant to be hateful. We have got to come to a point in our society when we can have honest disagreement without labeling someone a bigot or a hate monger. Unfortunately some people's "tolerance" ends when your opinion differs from theirs.

I was not talking specifically about honosexuality, it was just a general comment on the since it has been a belief thru many generations it is right point.

As far as homesexuality specific, that is a debate that will always go round and round and honestly will always be like abortion a divisive topic that honestly I dont think will ever find a compromise

I_Do_Care
04-21-2009, 10:42 AM
While somewhat true the belief that homosexuality is wrong is Biblically based. I know she didn't say her opinion was based on her faith, but for many of us it is. Whether modern culture wants to accept homosexuality or not (or any other issue for that matter) if is against my faith I will continue to speak out against it.

This is not meant to be hateful. We have got to come to a point in our society when we can have honest disagreement without labeling someone a bigot or a hate monger. Unfortunately some people's "tolerance" ends when your opinion differs from theirs. Then your religion should lead YOU how to live, not everyone else who doesn't share your morals. Not to mention how many people hide behind religion to express hate...reading your posts in the past, I know where you are coming from oh holy one! LOL

I agree with TXB, and even Waterboy who chastizes intolerance of one opinion by displaying his for the other, interesting. She was honest and it was her opinion, she didn't state everyone should live like her, but her beliefs. People are also forgetting who it was that asked the question, HE LOVES THIS ATTENTION. This had less to do with stance on a subject than with his quest for fame, evident by his occupation! LOL So much ado about nothing.

I_Do_Care
04-21-2009, 10:44 AM
I was not talking specifically about honosexuality, it was just a general comment on the since it has been a belief thru many generations it is right point.

As far as homesexuality specific, that is a debate that will always go round and round and honestly will always be like abortion a divisive topic that honestly I dont think will ever find a compromise You know, I think as a lot of the older generation is cycled out, you'll see more acceptance of homosexuality than you will abortion, which is FAR MORE divisive and explosive.

BwdLion73
04-21-2009, 10:53 AM
You hit on it I do care...I'm being cycled out... and I think I'm OK with that. Good Luck.

;)

I_Do_Care
04-21-2009, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
You hit on it I do care...I'm being cycled out... and I think I'm OK with that. Good Luck.

;)
Well...bye! :wave:

waterboy
04-21-2009, 10:57 AM
We will have to agree to diagree on this topic, but there are reasons why those generations believed the way they do. It's not all Biblical, either. It's called the "natural" order of things. The only way to keep a species from becoming extinct is to reproduce. It takes BOTH sexes to reproduce. I know that with all today's technology, they can artificially inseminate a woman, but I have yet to see the technology to AI a man.:D So, it stands to reason that a coupling should be between a man and woman. You can read anything you want to into that statement, but the fact of the matter is homosexuality is unnatural. We can "tolerate" it all we want, but it don't make it right. I don't understand how today's generation can think that they are wiser and smarter than any generation before them. Stating that you believe homosexuality is morally wrong should not be any worse than stating that homosexuality is okay is my point. Miss California should NOT have been asked that question is the other point.

BwdLion73
04-21-2009, 10:57 AM
:)

Txbroadcaster
04-21-2009, 10:59 AM
We will have to agree to diagree on this topic, but there are reasons why those generations believed the way they do. It's not all Biblical, either. It's called the "natural" order of things. .

again my disagreement was not this topic specifically, just in your generalzation that since it had been believed for many generations that makes ANY line of thought correct

I_Do_Care
04-21-2009, 11:06 AM
We will have to agree to diagree on this topic, but there are reasons why those generations believed the way they do. It's not all Biblical, either. It's called the "natural" order of things. The only way to keep a species from becoming extinct is to reproduce. It takes BOTH sexes to reproduce. I know that with all today's technology, they can artificially inseminate a woman, but I have yet to see the technology to AI a man.:D So, it stands to reason that a coupling should be between a man and woman. You can read anything you want to into that statement, but the fact of the matter is homosexuality is unnatural. We can "tolerate" it all we want, but it don't make it right. I don't understand how today's generation can think that they are wiser and smarter than any generation before them. Stating that you believe homosexuality is morally wrong should not be any worse than stating that homosexuality is okay is my point. Miss California should NOT have been asked that question is the other point. Generations prior fought wars on a magnitude unheard of, on the basis of BELIEFS (the jewry, politics, slavery etc) because for so many generations it was acceptable. I tihnk it is safe to assume, not all things from the past are guidance but warnings on how NOT to do things. You assume homosexuality is some species altering or halting abhorrence, when it has been around as long as man has. If unnatural, why it is is still around after so many years and humanity has only proliferated to ungodly numbers, I think it is safe to assume we aren't going anywhere on the basis of homosexuality LOL :rolleyes: And if you think it harms marriage, lmao, i think straight couples have done enough to destroy that holy union.

waterboy
04-21-2009, 11:23 AM
again my disagreement was not this topic specifically, just in your generalzation that since it had been believed for many generations that makes ANY line of thought correct
I know, but as you can see, I firmly believe that in this case our forefathers were unequivocally right. I think you misconstrued my generalization. I know they weren't right about everything, but this is one topic I believe they were right with. There is no way you or anyone else will change this belief, so it will be futile to even try to change my mind. Although I believe homosexuality is wrong, I'm not going to force my belief on you. By the same token, I shouldn't have to tolerate being condemned or chastized for my belief, nor should I have someone else's beliefs forced on me. There's no gray area to this topic, you either believe one way or the other. So there's no double standard on my part, and there shouldn't be on anyone else's. Can you at least agree with that?

Ranger Mom
04-21-2009, 11:33 AM
I don't believe that homosexuality is natural....I sincerely believe God made the male and female bodies to fit together.

I also don't believe they should get "married" in the formal sense of the word.

If that lifestyle is what they chose, I DO think they should be given the rights as far as insurance, benefits, etc. that a hetero couple would!

That is my belief, I don't force it on anyone. I had a cousin who was gay (committed suicide because of it) and my kids have friends that they went to school with who all the sudden decided they were "lesbians" a couple of months ago!! If they come over to my house...they are just the same ole girls I have always known!!

waterboy
04-21-2009, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by I_Do_Care
Generations prior fought wars on a magnitude unheard of, on the basis of BELIEFS (the jewry, politics, slavery etc) because for so many generations it was acceptable. I tihnk it is safe to assume, not all things from the past are guidance but warnings on how NOT to do things. You assume homosexuality is some species altering or halting abhorrence, when it has been around as long as man has. If unnatural, why it is is still around after so many years and humanity has only proliferated to ungodly numbers, I think it is safe to assume we aren't going anywhere on the basis of homosexuality LOL :rolleyes: And if you think it harms marriage, lmao, i think straight couples have done enough to destroy that holy union.
Who's really being intolerant here? Let me give you a hint.....it ain't me! I'm just stating my beliefs, not trying to force them on you. You, on the other hand, are criticizing everyone who believes in something OTHER than what you believe. Why do you think you, and those who have beliefs like you, are in the minority in this country and the rest of world? Is it because you're right and they are wrong? I don't think so. Now I know how Miss California felt!:doh:

This country is a democracy. I can believe what I want, the same as you. We don't have the same beliefs, so what? The polls are where change is made, not on a public forum.

I_Do_Care
04-21-2009, 11:58 AM
Who's really being intolerant here? Let me give you a hint.....it ain't me! I'm just stating my beliefs, not trying to force them on you. You, on the other hand, are criticizing everyone who believes in something OTHER than what you believe. Why do you think you, and those who have beliefs like you, are in the minority in this country and the rest of world? Is it because you're right and they are wrong? I don't think so. Now I know how Miss California felt!:doh:

This country is a democracy. I can believe what I want, the same as you. We don't have the same beliefs, so what? The polls are where change is made, not on a public forum. you done playing the victim? I simply rebutted your view on it's determinant role on human procreation which his laughable. Your view of it as wrong, well, I could care less, shout it from the mountaintop! lol. Minority in the rest of the world, well the fundamental world, in developed nations it is generally a non-issue, because they don't harbor the same uncomfort with such non-secular beliefs.

ronwx5x
04-21-2009, 12:06 PM
Generations prior fought wars on a magnitude unheard of, on the basis of BELIEFS (the jewry, politics, slavery etc) because for so many generations it was acceptable. I tihnk it is safe to assume, not all things from the past are guidance but warnings on how NOT to do things. You assume homosexuality is some species altering or halting abhorrence, when it has been around as long as man has. If unnatural, why it is is still around after so many years and humanity has only proliferated to ungodly numbers, I think it is safe to assume we aren't going anywhere on the basis of homosexuality LOL :rolleyes: And if you think it harms marriage, lmao, i think straight couples have done enough to destroy that holy union.

Most wars are fought over beliefs but that doesn't make either side right or wrong. Not all beliefs are correct (obviously), but if you win the war, you get to decide. That doesn't make you right, just the winner.

I don't believe homosexuality is "species altering or halting abhorrence", whatever that means. It (homosexuality) is still around because it is a behaviorial or gene-induced part of reality. Can a perrson who is homosexual decide not to be homosexual? My opinion, while not worth a lot, is no. I don't for believe for a minute someone would just decide to be homosexual.

With that said, and separate and apart from why there is homosexuality, I think it would be wrong, and I don't want to give a gay marriage credibility as a right. Rights? Sure, they are people and have the same rights as me, including marrying a person of the opposite gender. Accept their marriage as a right, never.

I suggest also that waiting for a generational cycle is not going to change the majority of people's minds. I listen to my grown children and I can assure you they feel no different than me. I never tried to teach them to despise or dislike anyone because of color, religious belief or sexual persuasion. Their peers did that for me.

I'm a member of that generational cycle you're waiting on to pass, but don't hold your breath. I won't criticize your beliefs, so don't criticize mine.

I_Do_Care
04-21-2009, 12:23 PM
Your experience with those around you is anecdotal, hardly representative, and yes, beliefs do die generationally, do some resist, yes, but resistance often disolves with strong resolve and dialectic experience. Your war and beliefs went on a tangent. Again who's persecuting your beliefs, I could care less, I was raised tolerant, something I completed when I broke the bonds of religion which tied me to divisiveness. I wonder if I will be persecuted now?:thinking: I prefer to live with ideas than the chains of BELIEF, which are narrow and unbending

waterboy
04-21-2009, 12:36 PM
you done playing the victim? I simply rebutted your view on it's determinant role on human procreation which his laughable. Your view of it as wrong, well, I could care less, shout it from the mountaintop! lol. Minority in the rest of the world, well the fundamental world, in developed nations it is generally a non-issue, because they don't harbor the same uncomfort with such non-secular beliefs.
:rolleyes: Sad, sad, sad! So, what your saying is procreation can be done without a man or a woman? When did that happen? To think that we can procreate without BOTH sexes is not only stupid but has NO basis on fact! Not only is that laughable, but watching such an occurrence would be even funnier! Point your little pinky finger any way you want, it still doesn't make YOU right. I don't care how others live their life as long as it doesn't affect mine, so who's really being intolerant here?

Oh, and it's okay if someone likes sheep in that way, too, but that doesn't mean I have to like them, too!;) :D

I_Do_Care
04-21-2009, 12:44 PM
:rolleyes: Sad, sad, sad! So, what your saying is procreation can be done without a man or a woman? When did that happen? To think that we can procreate without BOTH sexes is not only stupid but has NO basis on fact! Not only is that laughable, but watching such an occurrence would be even funnier! Point your little pinky finger any way you want, it still doesn't make YOU right. I don't care how others live their life as long as it doesn't affect mine, so who's really being intolerant here? I think what is sad is that you still can't understand that I am not attacking your view, AGAIN I COULD CARE LESS WHAT WATERBOY THINKS!!! Now your assertion that it is a threat to mankind is what I am assailing as incongruent with any rational argument. Where did you get that I stated procreation can be done between same sex partners? HAHA Are you sure you aren't trivializing my view to make yours more apt in defense as a "persecuted" one? LOL I think it is sad that you can't understand a simple concept. Gay does not equal a threat to human procreation, as proven by its existence side-by-side with human population explosion. Simple enough? Or is that argument not mesh with you playing the victim? LOL

ronwx5x
04-21-2009, 12:46 PM
Your experience with those around you is anecdotal, hardly representative, and yes, beliefs do die generationally, do some resist, yes, but resistance often disolves with strong resolve and dialectic experience. Your war and beliefs went on a tangent. Again who's persecuting your beliefs, I could care less, I was raised tolerant, something I completed when I broke the bonds of religion which tied me to divisiveness. I wonder if I will be persecuted now?:thinking: I prefer to live with ideas than the chains of BELIEF, which are narrow and unbending

I suppose I should have expanded my statement to "I know many more people than just my grown children". I can assure you they are of the next generation also. Your statement about about my war and beliefs was nothing more than my retort to your statement. Do you disagree that wars are fought over beliefs, not necessarily religious beliefs? You're the one who broached that subject.

Breaking the bonds of religion? Religion is a belief, not a bond. If you lack that belief, that is your choice. but I chose otherwise. That, by the way, does not make you right, just different. I lean on my belief structure and feel no restrictions caused by it. Again, my opinion, and not wrong, just different from yours.

I vote my beliefs and if I am in the minority I won't necessarily feel I was wrong, but I'll live with it.

I_Do_Care
04-21-2009, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
I suppose I should have expanded my statement to "I know many more people than just my grown children". I can assure you they are of the next generation also. a small portion of the next generation, you can have no accurate view based upon those you interact with, its a false appeal to authority.

Your statement about about my war and beliefs was nothing more than my retort to your statement. Do you disagree that wars are fought over beliefs, not necessarily religious beliefs? You're the one who broached that subject. I broached the subject as a matter of principle, not belief, which just happens to be fittingly a driver of many if not all wars (excluding those based on natural resources that harbor the will of the people by playing to their BELIEF structure as a synergy). My point being that how we handled things in the past is not always the proper, but also a warning, lesson, and blueprint for what NOT to do.

Breaking the bonds of religion? Religion is a belief, not a bond. If you lack that belief, that is your choice. but I chose otherwise. That, by the way, does not make you right, just different. I lean on my belief structure and feel no restrictions caused by it. Again, my opinion, and not wrong, just different from yours.

I vote my beliefs and if I am in the minority I won't necessarily feel I was wrong, but I'll live with it. You essentially are saying what I am. Your view of religion satisfies you inherently or intrinsically, with me, I saw barriers and hypocrisy. I don't chastize you for them, but homosexuality shouldn't be chastized based on religious view of ambiguity if all the population doesn't necessarily ascribe to said religion. There is a reason this country is considered secular, if we want religion to guide us into the futue hell, lets adopt the sha'ria LOL (JUST JOKING OF COURSE).

Ranger Mom
04-21-2009, 12:58 PM
Phil C would be ashamed....y'all are NOT being Politically Correct!!:dispntd:

waterboy
04-21-2009, 01:01 PM
I think what is sad is that you still can't understand that I am not attacking your view, AGAIN I COULD CARE LESS WHAT WATERBOY THINKS!!! Now your assertion that it is a threat to mankind is what I am assailing as incongruent with any rational argument. Where did you get that I stated procreation can be done between same sex partners? HAHA Are you sure you aren't trivializing my view to make yours more apt in defense as a "persecuted" one? LOL I think it is sad that you can't understand a simple concept. Gay does not equal a threat to human procreation, as proven by its existence side-by-side with human population explosion. Simple enough? Or is that argument not mesh with you playing the victim? LOL
Personally, I don't care what YOU think! Although you ARE wrong, I'm not persecuting you or anybody else who shares your belief. While it is true that homosexuality has been around since human existence, and has coexisted with heterosexuality throughout, I have yet to see a gay couple procreate in a natural way, that is, without human intervention. That's why I say homosexuality is unnatural. I don't know where you get that I'm the victim here. The victim is Miss California!

I_Do_Care
04-21-2009, 01:06 PM
Personally, I don't care what YOU think! Although you ARE wrong, I'm not persecuting you or anybody else who shares your belief. While it is true that homosexuality has been around since human existence, and has coexisted with heterosexuality throughout, I have yet to see a gay couple procreate in a natural way, that is, without human intervention. That's why I say homosexuality is unnatural. I don't know where you get that I'm the victim here. The victim is Miss California! If I am wrong just because you say so, I think that childish response best illustrates your lack of authority on the matter, (making a point, not homosexuality ;) haha). Again you are arguing two different things. I am not arguing that it is NATURAL, but that it is in any way a threat to how we function as procreating beings. I am not trying to change your mind or view on the matter, but your argument against it is based on old testament writings that sex is for procreating only, I think it is safe to assume people hardly have sex ONLY for procreation purposes.

I_Do_Care
04-21-2009, 01:08 PM
I don't know where you get that I'm the victim here. /B] Here

[B] Now I know how Miss California felt!:doh:
LOL:D

Ranger Mom
04-21-2009, 01:10 PM
I think it is safe to assume people hardly have sex ONLY for procreation purposes.

I hope not!!! :eek:

I_Do_Care
04-21-2009, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I hope not!!! :eek: ;)

speaking of, I think I'll feed my misogynistic attitude and go grab some wings with nice "VIEWS" :D

waterboy
04-21-2009, 01:21 PM
Here
LOL:D
:doh: Oh.....crap! Still, having empathy for someone doesn't make the empathizer the victim. The victim was, and still is, Miss California.:p

I_Do_Care
04-21-2009, 01:23 PM
:doh: Oh.....crap! Still, having empathy for someone doesn't make the empathizer the victim. The victim was, and still is, Miss California.:p WB, I agree! but hardly a liberal agenda, more a stupid fame seeking blogger for celebrity gossip. I think he cares more for the publicity than the cause. LOL

ronwx5x
04-21-2009, 01:37 PM
a small portion of the next generation, you can have no accurate view based upon those you interact with, its a false appeal to authority.

I broached the subject as a matter of principle, not belief, which just happens to be fittingly a driver of many if not all wars (excluding those based on natural resources that harbor the will of the people by playing to their BELIEF structure as a synergy). My point being that how we handled things in the past is not always the proper, but also a warning, lesson, and blueprint for what NOT to do.

You essentially are saying what I am. Your view of religion satisfies you inherently or intrinsically, with me, I saw barriers and hypocrisy. I don't chastize you for them, but homosexuality shouldn't be chastized based on religious view of ambiguity if all the population doesn't necessarily ascribe to said religion. There is a reason this country is considered secular, if we want religion to guide us into the futue hell, lets adopt the sha'ria LOL (JUST JOKING OF COURSE).

You have no idea how many people I know. Do not assume that those whom I know know nothing. They are as relevant as your own opinion.

I certainly am not in favor of war to settle a belief difference. Even if a war is fought over access to energy, it comes from a belief that the aggressor is justified. May not be right, just fact.

My opinion on homosexuality is probably not grounded in religion. Most religions hold that homosexuality is a choice and I don't buy that, thus I am out of the mainstream of religion.

I also do not now and have never espoused religion as the foundation of government. Like you, I would not like my life governed by sharia or any other religious zealot. I believe deeply that holding religious beliefs is not prima fascia cause for suspicion and is too often used unfairly or made irrelevant when placed in a political context. The only time govenment should be brought to task over religion is when it attempts to force my own belief system to change.

But then, I can't help but wonder whether any or all of us would have held onto the majority beliefs in the deep south in the 1850-1870 era? Oh yeah, that was just a war over states' rights!:)

pirate4state
04-21-2009, 01:42 PM
Organized religion destroys who we are by inhibiting our actions... by inhibiting our decisions, out of... out of fear of some... some intangible parent figure who... who shakes a finger at us from thousands of years ago and says... and says, "Do it - Do it and I'll spank you. "

:D

For some reason all this back & forth reminded me of the movie Dogma!

I_Do_Care
04-21-2009, 01:47 PM
You have no idea how many people I know. Do not assume that those whom I know know nothing. They are as relevant as your own opinion. :rolleyes: Ok, I'll assume you know almost everybody. And who made a statement about what THEY know??? Perhaps you are confused?:confused:

I certainly am not in favor of war to settle a belief difference. Even if a war is fought over access to energy, it comes from a belief that the aggressor is justified. May not be right, just fact. Again, tangental, lets be more specific to the argument which isn't what you believe nor me, but WHY it is wrong, not that you believe it is wrong. You are veering into a whole other can of worms based on a metaphor I utilized

My opinion on homosexuality is probably not grounded in religion. Most religions hold that homosexuality is a choice and I don't buy that, thus I am out of the mainstream of religion. Glad, I agree. And think you and me may think more alike than we care to acknowledge.

I also do not now and have never espoused religion as the foundation of government. Like you, I would not like my life governed by sharia or any other religious zealot. I believe deeply that holding religious beliefs is not prima fascia cause for suspicion and is too often used unfairly or made irrelevant when placed in a political context. The only time govenment should be brought to task over religion is when it attempts to force my own belief system to change. Excellent answer man, and no one is forcing anyone to change their belief, allowing gays to marry won't result in the cessation of worship of what ever you choose to believe.

Oh yeah, that was just a war over states' rights!:) to suppress another's if they so choose! But again tangental and as many historians noted hypocritical being the EP only freed slaves in the SOUTH. LOL I think we agree on a lot, but diverge on faith, I don't think you simple as I hope you don't me. My mom has a lot of faith and holds on to religion for her spirituality, I actively encourage it, because she leads a good life and doesn't go to church 1 hour to only be a miser the other 167 hours LOL

I_Do_Care
04-21-2009, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Organized religion destroys who we are by inhibiting our actions... by inhibiting our decisions, out of... out of fear of some... some intangible parent figure who... who shakes a finger at us from thousands of years ago and says... and says, "Do it - Do it and I'll spank you. "

For some reason all this back & forth reminded me of the movie Dogma! Kevin Smith has a keen understanding of the subject despite being a comedic writer and producer

ronwx5x
04-21-2009, 01:48 PM

For some reason all this back & forth reminded me of the movie Dogma!

You could probably use this same quote and just substitute Organized politics for Organized religion!

:inlove:

waterboy
04-21-2009, 02:03 PM
If I am wrong just because you say so, I think that childish response best illustrates your lack of authority on the matter, (making a point, not homosexuality ;) haha). Again you are arguing two different things. I am not arguing that it is NATURAL, but that it is in any way a threat to how we function as procreating beings. I am not trying to change your mind or view on the matter, but your argument against it is based on old testament writings that sex is for procreating only, I think it is safe to assume people hardly have sex ONLY for procreation purposes.
:rolleyes: If you want to attack my "authority" take it up with me in a PM. You were the first one to point out that I was wrong in my belief that homosexuality is wrong, but when I turn around and say you're wrong, I'm the one being childish? This is the double standard typical of your leftist, atheistic, and liberal point of view. I'm NOT trying to change your mind about this, and you certainly will NOT change mine, so let's agree to disagree. Peace?

pirate4state
04-21-2009, 02:05 PM
:rolleyes: If you want to attack my "authority" take it up with me in a PM. You were the first one to point out that I was wrong in my belief that homosexuality is wrong, but when I turn around and say you're wrong, I'm the one being childish? This is the double standard typical of your leftist, atheistic, and liberal point of view. I'm NOT trying to change your mind about this, and you certainly will NOT change mine, so let's agree to disagree. Peace?

You are both being childish and it has nothing to do with right, left or middle. Morons!

See...I can be childish too :D

Phil C
04-21-2009, 02:07 PM
Some of you are not being politically correct. Shame on all of you!
Remember you must

BE POLITICALLY CORRECT!!!

:mad:

waterboy
04-21-2009, 02:13 PM
Political correctness is OVERRATED!:p I was never one to be politically correct..........go figure.:rolleyes: :D

I_Do_Care
04-21-2009, 02:23 PM
:rolleyes: If you want to attack my "authority" take it up with me in a PM. You were the first one to point out that I was wrong in my belief that homosexuality is wrong, but when I turn around and say you're wrong, I'm the one being childish? This is the double standard typical of your leftist, atheistic, and liberal point of view. I'm NOT trying to change your mind about this, and you certainly will NOT change mine, so let's agree to disagree. Peace? UH OH, he's gone to the conspiracy theory and punditry, THAT EVIL EVIL LEFTIST!! haha so silly. No, but again, waterboy proceeds to misunderstand my point, which isn't that HE is wrong for HIS belief, but his assertion of why what he feels is wrong IS WRONG! I could care if you are left, right, front or center haha But, i'm done with it, back to my subversive leftist meetings haha :rolleyes:

I_Do_Care
04-21-2009, 02:24 PM
You are both being childish and it has nothing to do with right, left or middle. Morons!

See...I can be childish too :D notice who brought up the left or right of it in the first place. I claim neither, but it comforts people to put me in their neatly pre-ascribed box.

SORRY for the headaches mods :D

Ranger Mom
04-21-2009, 02:46 PM
This has just gotten ridiculous and I'm tired of it....so I am getting the last word on this thread!!!

SO THERE!!!:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

LH Panther Mom
04-21-2009, 09:23 PM
No, but again, waterboy proceeds to misunderstand my point, which isn't that HE is wrong for HIS belief, but his assertion of why what he feels is wrong IS WRONG!
So it's okay for him to believe that it is wrong, but it is not okay to think it is wrong because of his Christianity? Am I reading you right? :hand: How intolerant! :thinking:

Originally posted by Ranger Mom
This has just gotten ridiculous and I'm tired of it....so I am getting the last word on this thread!!!

SO THERE!!!:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Sorry, RM. :inlove: