PDA

View Full Version : Florida HS Pitcher

BaseballUmp
04-20-2009, 11:57 PM
He's thrown his 4th consecutive no-hitter.
Lefty with great control and nasty off speed.
Would you take a full ride scholarship to UF or go pro immediately?

Electus Unus
04-21-2009, 12:08 AM
go pro...the money you get can always buy an education down the road.

BaseballUmp
04-21-2009, 12:11 AM
This is true

Pmoney
04-21-2009, 12:41 AM
Go to college...bc its an experience everyone should have...if you go back yrs later its nothing like it would have been when you were 19-22 yrs old

Txbroadcaster
04-21-2009, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Pmoney
Go to college...bc its an experience everyone should have...if you go back yrs later its nothing like it would have been when you were 19-22 yrs old

exp is nice, but setting your family up for life( if money of course is handled right) is better IMO

PutMeInCoach
04-21-2009, 09:29 AM
Go pro if the $$$ is right.

Rule #76
04-21-2009, 09:55 AM
I've always thought if your a pitcher and your gonna get drafted in the top 5 or so rounds you should go. Never know when you might get hurt. Position players should go to college.

GreenMonster
04-21-2009, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
He's thrown his 4th consecutive no-hitter.
Lefty with great control and nasty off speed.
Would you take a full ride scholarship to UF or go pro immediately?

Go pro and negotiate with the pro club in my contract that they pay for my college education in case I get injured or things don't work out for any reason whatsoever. Believe it or not, that is actually pretty common in HS draftees that go in the top 10 rounds or so. It just says that the club doesn't want to deprive you of an education, but they don't want you to burn out or break down playing college ball.

Txbroadcaster
04-21-2009, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Go pro and negotiate with the pro club in my contract that they pay for my college education in case I get injured or things don't work out for any reason whatsoever. Believe it or not, that is actually pretty common in HS draftees that go in the top 10 rounds or so. It just says that the club doesn't want to deprive you of an education, but they don't want you to burn out or break down playing college ball.

also as dominant as he is now..he might not be that great..better to find out that AFTER ur getting paid then when in college

Just google Colt Griffin from my hometown of Marshall..he wowed scouts when his fastball started hitting 100mph signed a big money contract with the Royals and then once in minors it was discovered he could not pitch his way out of a bag, but he is set for life as long as he does not piss away his money

Daddy D 11
04-21-2009, 10:38 AM
Had quite a few friends that had this delemma and out of the 6, only one went into the draft. In his contract he has a Texas A&M education fully paid for, which is really neat. The others are just dominating in college and love it though, so I don't know? I wasn't good enough to have to worry about the Pros calling haha I just had small colleges focusing on me for the most part so I guess my opinion doesn't hold much weight.

An education is the most important thing I think anyone earns in their life, but at the same time, promised money is promised money.

LionKing
04-21-2009, 10:46 AM
If you're good enough to get an offer of a pro contract out of high school, you got to take it.
The reason you got to college is to be able to make a career and/or money when you get out, you have to look at it (pro contract) as an early college degree with the pay, benefits, and wealth already included.